Re: Questions & Answers

Eyeslikepeanuts

Post by Eyeslikepeanuts »

My trade today.
uptrend. pullback with decreasing volume. entered long after the PVA candle.
Attachments
EURUSDM5.png
EURUSDM5.png (47.52 KiB) Viewed 7860 times
Skyllo

Re: Correlation between color volume and intention of MMs

Post by Skyllo »

Hi all,

I wanna ask about correlation between color volume and intention of MMs. In PVSRA template, there are 4 color. Green and blue for bullish, and purple and red for bearish. Actually, is there a relationship between these color differences when MMs build positions? Below is chart GBPUSD and EURUSD.

In the first chart, there are lot red color at the top, so this means MMs building position for sell, after manipulation, price goes down (So this is right). In the second chart there are more purple on the top before big red volume appeared that cofirmed previos building position sell.

My question is this, So this means when purple, green, blue on the top, this means MMs want sell but they still wanna pump it till they get right price? (yes, we never know how they will move the price). When this happen, we must be carefull to take sell. Better wait red volume appear? (And this also applies the opposite when MMs builds a position to buy, we need green color).

Or actually there is no difference between purple and red, green and blue in PVSRA? (provided the volume is above, MMs builds a position to sell, and when volume is below, MMs builds buy).

Thanks for the answer
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Correlation between color volume and intention of MMs

Post by Traderathome »

Skyllo wrote:Hi all,

I wanna ask about correlation between color volume and intention of MMs. In PVSRA template, there are 4 color. Green and blue for bullish, and purple and red for bearish. Actually, is there a relationship between these color differences when MMs build positions? Below is chart GBPUSD and EURUSD.

In the first chart, there are lot red color at the top, so this means MMs building position for sell, after manipulation, price goes down (So this is right). In the second chart there are more purple on the top before big red volume appeared that cofirmed previos building position sell.

My question is this, So this means when purple, green, blue on the top, this means MMs want sell but they still wanna pump it till they get right price? (yes, we never know how they will move the price). When this happen, we must be carefull to take sell. Better wait red volume appear? (And this also applies the opposite when MMs builds a position to buy, we need green color).

Or actually there is no difference between purple and red, green and blue in PVSRA? (provided the volume is above, MMs builds a position to sell, and when volume is below, MMs builds buy).

Thanks for the answer
PV red and green are high volume/spread product. PV purple and blue are simply high volume. Make of that what you want but what we are looking for is "relative" increase in activity to be a signal to us that there is market interest at the prices involved. And we must consider if those prices themselves are relatively high or low in the broader picture. If high, then maybe we should be scouting for short setup. If low, then maybe we should be scouting for long setup. And setups should be traded on "breakouts" (don't get greedy and "pre-think" what is coming!). #1, don't get self-deceived into thinking ANYTHING about the market is EXACTING...except for the fact that we cannot know how the MMs will move price next (that IS EXACTING!). #2, be patient, because often multiple times the MMs will put price back into the general consolidation area before a nice move, doing so to pick up "late to the party" orders (for the commissions to be made by the MMs).

Patience & discipline = profits,

;) Tah
brzl

Post by brzl »

Hi mja,

Thank you for posting your trades on the Trading Room on a daily basis. Much appreciated!!

I have a couple of questions for you...
I have noticed that lately some of your trades posted have been on the M30 charts instead of M15.
1. Any particular reason for choosing M15 instead of M30?
2. In some of your comments it seems that you also pay attention to higher time frame charts. Do you use them to create a direction bias or to somehow filter trades that are not aligned with the bigger trend?

Thanks in advance for your input...

Cheers!!!
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

brzl wrote:Hi mja,

Thank you for posting your trades on the Trading Room on a daily basis. Much appreciated!!

I have a couple of questions for you...
I have noticed that lately some of your trades posted have been on the M30 charts instead of M15.
1. Any particular reason for choosing M15 instead of M30?
2. In some of your comments it seems that you also pay attention to higher time frame charts. Do you use them to create a direction bias or to somehow filter trades that are not aligned with the bigger trend?

Thanks in advance for your input...

Cheers!!!

Hi brzl,
well these are tough questions as I don’t have specific rules for this. But…
ad 1: no particular reason, maybe lately I look more on m30 that m15. Also when taking more than 30 pip trade it looks better (IMHO) on m30. Better means its more tidy on the screen and all clues are also there.
ad 2: yes I do. I found that it gives me better view on whats going on and less bad decisions. I think m15-d1 tfs are important to follow. The base ones is m15-m30 but also h1. I look for pvsra clues there. Some S/R’s are better visible on m30-h1 than m15. H4 is least used.
D1 gives me overall view on where the price is. If it’s on some characteristic lvl is gives me a clue or warning regarding probability of the trade. But be aware of what Tah said some time ago (cannot find this post though) - that MMs can move price in ANY direction regardless of what we see on higher TFs and being in line with general trend (D1 for example)... so basing your decisions on high TF only can lead to some very bad decisions.

Also we must remember it's all about probabilities. We cannot know how MMs will move the prive next. We can see a perfect setup, aligned with all TFs and yet PA will move in other direction than we expect. We can only increase our edge based on what we see on chart...

So to sum up m15-m30 is I guess ‘base’ TF. But I look at h1 and d1 to visualize / know where the price is and to put it in the bigger picture / wider context. Maybe (?) after some screentime we dont need to browse through multiple TFs as looking at just one we would feel how higher TFs behaves. But its for someone with much more screentime than I have :think:

Tah, do you agree on this, have some remark or some hint for us ? :)

P.S. maybe these old post qoutes will give some more perspective on this...:
Traderathome wrote:
Sinth wrote:EURCAD long?

Explanation on the screenshot. All opinions/suggestions are welcome.
Take a look at H1. This has made a 600+ pips bull swing! Be careful about expecting much more real quickly. There could be conflicting PVSRA indications. Lots of PVA activity below key levels might indicate building longs for a Double Top move. Or, it could be that SM knows that is where others build long and are closing their longs there, contributing to the activity picture, and will be looking to get short if price does move to higher key levels.

But, not to confuse.....so long as PA is above an inclined trend, things are temporarily bullish.....and so long as PA is below a declined trend, things are temporarily bearish. What we have to do is scope out a variety of TF charts to see what the overall PA has been, as that might affect how we feel about what a M15 chart looks like. For example, your read on M15 would be more apt to be correct if PA had not already made a 600+ pips move up, but was showing still the early stages of a bull swing on the higher TF charts. That is not the case, however. This is a bull swing well underway, or maybe about to go to ranging so SM can close longs and maybe open shorts. Also, this is early in the week.....only a Monday for crying out loud!.....liquidity creation time more likely than "soon to be big move" time.

Bottom line is this.....being so early in week and having already made a large bull swing, be patient and be sure to not jump unless and until a very good setup occurs. And if one does occur, still be prepared to make a quick exit (red or green, depending on your luck) if the setup drags it's feet!
Fisher755 wrote:
mja wrote:
Fisher755 wrote:GBPUSD Short Scalps:
As promised I will post some examples here and there....
Explanation on chart.
Hi Fisher,

for scalping examples from Trading Room, one question: do you observe M5 and drop to M1 for precise entry or do you observe M1 ?
Thanks in advance for the answer!

MJ
I observe all time frames ( Weekly and Monthly not all the time but once per week ) and know important price levels by heart. For example also for EU that I didn't trade for a very long time and I even don't have the chart open. But I still know all important price levels for EU. If I would be a position trader I could place trades only by knowing where the price is compared to months or weeks ago.
But this also comes with expirience and many many many hours observing charts. ;)

Knowledge , expirience and constant awereness are powerfull tools.
But don't be mistaken - this doesn't mean I don't have losses, it just means I have an edge and win more then I loose!

Cheers,M
brzl

Post by brzl »

Hi mja,

Thank you for your detailed response and also for attaching the posts from TAH and Fisher. Really insightful and something I need to improve going forward.
Congrats on your trading :clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoy your weekend!
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

JT85 wrote:Hello everyone,

I would like to know what is the rule of exit with PVSRA way of trading please?
I mean, after entering a trade, where do we need to exit? Or everyone choose the Risk Reward ratio that is good enough please?

Thanks in advance for support,

JT
Hi,
I would suggest you review trades in trading room (after reading study hall material). Then you will know. In short words - PVSRA is not a trading system - it's a way of analyzing charts and understanding price behaviour. You could apply it to various trading systems. There is a trade taking method described here called TVT - and for this method 20pips TP is reccomended.

Cheers, M

I agree with mja. If you are a very young child attempting your very first picture puzzle, what is the best way to approach it? Slowly, thoughtfully and without crucifying yourself when you make a mistake......your learning brain is slowly improving its' skill...….. -Tah
Eyeslikepeanuts

Post by Eyeslikepeanuts »

I have a day job which requires me to be in office all day till probably 8 in the evening. As I’m in Singapore, I’ll only be able to trade in the NY session.

My question being that since my window is probably the 3hrs after the NY open. Is this the correct strategy for me to follow?
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Eyeslikepeanuts wrote:I have a day job which requires me to be in office all day till probably 8 in the evening. As I’m in Singapore, I’ll only be able to trade in the NY session.

My question being that since my window is probably the 3hrs after the NY open. Is this the correct strategy for me to follow?
Right now, due to Europe DST shift last weekend and NY (EST) DST shift still to come, the 1st part of the NY session (until the LC) is 5 hours. But otherwise, it is normally 4 hours. Yes, that is a great time to trade, maybe the best time to trade, although we frequently just say "London session", which includes the normally 5 hours preceding the NY open (currently 4 hours due to the mentioned DST shifts).

As for this being a "correct strategy", any method from which you are able to develop confidence and acceptable profits is a "correct strategy". PVSRA develops in a trader, over time, an understanding of how the market really works, insight that helps the trader identify the better conditions that can favor the success of a trade. We can never know how the MMs will move price next! This is the ONLY TRUE market fundamental! So, you tell me....what is the best "strategy" to have under THAT condition?

:) Tah
Traderathome

Re: PVSRA OK for NYS

Post by Traderathome »

Traderathome wrote:
Eyeslikepeanuts wrote:I have a day job which requires me to be in office all day till probably 8 in the evening. As I’m in Singapore, I’ll only be able to trade in the NY session.

Right now, due to Europe DST shift last weekend and NY (EST) DST shift still to come, the 1st part of the NY session (until the LC) is 5 hours. But otherwise, it is normally 4 hours. Yes, that is a great time to trade, maybe the best time to trade, although we frequently just say "London session", which includes the normally 5 hours preceding the NY open (currently 4 hours due to the mentioned DST shifts).

As for this being a "correct strategy", any method from which you are able to develop confidence and acceptable profits is a "correct strategy". PVSRA develops in a trader, over time, an understanding of how the market really works, insight that helps the trader identify the better conditions that can favor the success of a trade. We can never know how the MMs will move price next! This is the ONLY TRUE market fundamental! So, you tell me....what is the best "strategy" to have under THAT condition?

rmieck

Praise!

Post by rmieck »

Hello there!

It has been a long time since I came here and I wanted to share some great experiences which I had visiting this forum today :)

The content shared on the Study Hall section is simply a huge step toward practical information compared to 2016 when I first started researching about PVSRA.
This alone for newcomers is invaluable! Admins and Moderators, you guys deserve a huge round of applause :clap: !
I do wish this great forum keeps expanding not only this type of content, but also the way has been put! Congratulations guys :D

Also the continuous update of the indicators with great reference guides is extremely resourceful.
I can't let the Broker's recommendation pass by since it also contains solid information about researching brokers.

Lastly, it is good to see the ever expanding Trading Room expanding as it adds up the whole "Trading Journal" concept pretty neatly.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this, you guys have a marvelous 2019! May it an abundant year for all :dance:!
Traderathome

Re: Good Morning! Coffee & Comments.....

Post by Traderathome »

Good Morning PVSRA Musketeers!

Well, NYS begins in about 1.5 hours. Only a CAD high impact release today, but several more of them tomorrow. Maybe this is why MMs are keeping things to ranging; jockeying prices up and down to create liquidity to fill SM orders. Sometimes things do take their own sweet time to accomplish. MMs seem to be keeping everything to ranging today though, so far. Well, the week has many more high impact releases yet to come and to affect various currency pairs. And this is only the Tuesday market day.

This calls for patience and discipline and sticking to the method,....for the moves that will come when they come.....and to keep yourself from dabbling where you should not, when you should not, and ending up on the wrong side of them when they do come.

Motiram

Post by Motiram »

Hello to all,

Price - We cannot know how the MMs (Market Makers) will move price next, period. But price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders for SM (Smart Money) and buy orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders for SM and sell orders for DM. The MMs are also "SM", and they tend to do the other SMs "one better"! This means that after the MMs fill the SM/DM orders, they might run a stop hunt on those SM positions....suckering in more DM also.....getting liquidity to build their own SM positions at the best prices of all!

The above Price text,is from "Orientation...What is PVSRA". I read it several time but could not grasp the idea behind it. Please some one can take a time to explain in details would be appreciated.

Thank You

Regards,
Moti
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Motiram wrote:Hello to all,

Price - We cannot know how the MMs (Market Makers) will move price next, period. But price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders for SM (Smart Money) and buy orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders for SM and sell orders for DM. The MMs are also "SM", and they tend to do the other SMs "one better"! This means that after the MMs fill the SM/DM orders, they might run a stop hunt on those SM positions....suckering in more DM also.....getting liquidity to build their own SM positions at the best prices of all!

The above Price text,is from "Orientation...What is PVSRA". I read it several time but could not grasp the idea behind it. Please some one can take a time to explain in details would be appreciated.

Thank You

Regards,
Moti
Perhaps more details is not the best way and simplification is. Forget references to Smart Money, Dumb Money and Market Makers (SM, DM, MMs). Let's just refer to BIG MONEY (BM)....banks, hedge funds, other professional trading houses, etc. Like anyone else, they want to make as much profit as possible. So, if PA is ranging in the area of a whole level (an example of a major support/resistance area) and if BM thinks PA is more likely to go higher than lower, then BM will be submitting long orders to the MMs to fill. And, naturally, BM will submit their orders to be filled BELOW instead of above that whole level, in order to increase profit. When huge sums are involved, even a half dozen or more pips gained by doing this can amount to significant extra profits!

BM shorting is just the opposite. They, like anyone else liking to increase profits, would prefer to have the MMs fill their short orders ABOVE rather than below the key SR level of the area PA is ranging in.

Once this concept is grasped....BM prefers to buy low (below key levels) and sell high (above key levels)...and the concept of MMs stop hunting after some duration of ranging PA....it is easy to surmise that this is why sometimes PA goes further above a key level before a bear swing begins or further below a key level before a bull swing begins. Simply put, the MMs made final stop hunting PA moves in the opposite direction of the coming swing, getting their own long position on at the lowest of prices....their own short positions on at the highest of prices.

Therefore, in conclusion....now we can use "SM"...Smart Money prefers to buy below key levels and sell above key levels. And, of course, the "Smartest Money" of them all are the MMs....the only ones that know where price is going before they make it go there!

:D Tah
Motiram

Post by Motiram »

Traderathome wrote:
Motiram wrote:Hello to all,

Thank You

Regards,
Moti
Perhaps more details is not the best way and simplification is. Forget references to Smart Money, Dumb Money and Market Makers (SM, DM, MMs). Let's just refer to BIG MONEY (BM)....banks, hedge funds, other professional trading houses, etc. Like anyone else, they want to make as much profit as possible. So, if PA is ranging in the area of a whole level (an example of a major support/resistance area) and if BM thinks PA is more likely to go higher than lower, then BM will be submitting long orders to the MMs to fill. And, naturally, BM will submit their orders to be filled BELOW instead of above that whole level, in order to increase profit. When huge sums are involved, even a half dozen or more pips gained by doing this can amount to significant extra profits!

BM shorting is just the opposite. They, like anyone else liking to increase profits, would prefer to have the MMs fill their short orders ABOVE rather than below the key SR level of the area PA is ranging in.

Once this concept is grasped....BM prefers to buy low (below key levels) and sell high (above key levels)...and the concept of MMs stop hunting after some duration of ranging PA....it is easy to surmise that this is why sometimes PA goes further above a key level before a bear swing begins or further below a key level before a bull swing begins. Simply put, the MMs made final stop hunting PA moves in the opposite direction of the coming swing, getting their own long position on at the lowest of prices....their own short positions on at the highest of prices.

Therefore, in conclusion....now we can use "SM"...Smart Money prefers to buy below key levels and sell above key levels. And, of course, the "Smartest Money" of them all are the MMs....the only ones that know where price is going before they make it go there!

:D Tah
Thank you Tah, the way you thought keeping out (SM, DM, MMs) and adding, "Let's just refer to BIG MONEY (BM)" this made it very easy to understand, very well explained.

I appreciate your time and help.

Kind Regards,
Moti :D
poda

Post by poda »

I also still waiting for the PVSRA indicator to be download.
Traderathome

Re: ....Still Waiting for Downloads

Post by Traderathome »

poda wrote:I also still waiting for the PVSRA indicator to be download.
Dear poda,

You did not read, or chose to not follow, site post #1 instructions, so your registration was deleted as stated in the instructions. You can register again (using different user name as stated) by following the instructions. At a point in time afterwards, you will have access to Downloads and the Trading room.

This happens from time to time with some folks. Another registered after you, but also did not abide in site post #1. Perhaps some folks are in a hurry and don't want to spend time reading. Maybe they don't care to follow instructions. It could be they simply think they already know enough. In any case, it demonstrates a lack of patience, care and discipline, which does not bode well for their success as a trader.

Or maybe they just thanklessly want the downloads and don't intend to stay here to grow and contribute. …..Yes, this could be the reason, since more have come and gone even after this has been posted.....(probably didn't even bother to read THIS!).

:think: -Tah
gorgax132

Post by gorgax132 »

Dear TAH,

I thank you for sharing your journey as a PVSRA-er. I have been reading your post on Sonic's thread (page 2500 till 2550 and keep on going), your PVSRA thread (first 76 pages) on FF and the trading room (here and there).. I have a lot to catch up!

Eventually I will finish reading the above..slowly but surely... From my observation, your pvsra trading style has changed A LOT since the beginning of pvsra experiment; from position building (which may hold for days or weeks) to TVT20 and improvised position building (where the EP is near to markup/markdown by MM). For example: Now I know why TAH now keeps mentioning stop hunt ever single time, in the past he tanked it with light size. I think one cannot appreciate the current version of pvsra without having experienced what you did and for that I am glad your experience was well documented. :clap:

For those who just started learning PVSRA, I think it is better to start learning from Sonic;s Thread Page 2500 onward to get to know detailed explanation of TAH's trades, it will be like drinking water from a fire house. but much better than learning from pvsrainternational right away, which is like drinking scotch from a fire hose.
Traderathome

Re: Thank You, gorgax132

Post by Traderathome »

gorgax132 wrote:Dear TAH,

I thank you for sharing your journey as a PVSRA-er. I have been reading your post on Sonic's thread (page 2500 till 2550 and keep on going), your PVSRA thread (first 76 pages) on FF and the trading room (here and there).. I have a lot to catch up!

Eventually I will finish reading the above..slowly but surely... From my observation, your pvsra trading style has changed A LOT since the beginning of pvsra experiment; from position building (which may hold for days or weeks) to TVT20 and improvised position building (where the EP is near to markup/markdown by MM). For example: Now I know why TAH now keeps mentioning stop hunt ever single time, in the past he tanked it with light size. I think one cannot appreciate the current version of pvsra without having experienced what you did and for that I am glad your experience was well documented. :clap:

For those who just started learning PVSRA, I think it is better to start learning from Sonic;s Thread Page 2500 onward to get to know detailed explanation of TAH's trades, it will be like drinking water from a fire house. but much better than learning from pvsrainternational right away, which is like drinking scotch from a fire hose.
Dear gorgax132 and all PVSRA Musketeers,

Firstly, I thank you, gorgax132, for your post. Yes, "....tanked it with light size..." is the key to it all! It is good you zeroed in on that, and all PVSRA Musketeers must do the same. In fact, ANY trader starting in this business who wants to be in it long enough to become successful must zero in on that. And so, I'd like to say a few more words about this....trading very light relative to account size.

The market is all about LIQUIDITY. How are the MMs going to get the liquidity to fill the BIG MONEY open or close orders? They must manipulate price to where those orders exist, and they must work the price there in such ways that both "wrong siders" and "right siders" are attracted into the market in such a way as to supply the MMs with the liquidity needed to fill BIG MONEY orders. The key NOW is what does "...work the price...." MEAN? Simply stated, it means the MMs will manipulate prices up and down in both big and small ways that suckers in "wrong siders" and stops out "right siders". And sometimes the "big" manipulations look like "Runs for Profit" and yet are nothing more than a manipulation in the bigger scheme to CREATE LIQUIDITY!.....HTMRW.

Is this sounding like it is getting complicated? Yep. Thusly, the other failsafe, additional to "..trade very light relative to account size....", is the ULTIMATE TRUTH about the market......"We cannot know how the (*#%#!) MMs will move price next!". So, armed with the knowledge that the market is all about MMs CREATING LIQUIDITY, and that we can never know how the MMs will move price next, and that we must trade very light relative to account size, we choose to enter the slaughter house to do battle.

And it is a slaughter house. And as technology continually sharpens the tools the MMs have to manipulate price and castrate the innocent....to steal their money and keep on stealing it, day in and day out, the tools traders have become less effective. To wit (as witness to this), the most fundamental tool...moving averages...has already some years back been deemed to have TOTALLY lost its' predictive value! And since ALL indicator "tools" traders use (except volume) are derivatives of PRICE (hey, isn't that the thing the *#@%! MMs manipulate?) then it stands to reason and logic that ALL indicator "tools" traders use (except volume) have lost...AND CONTINUE TO LOSE....any value for usage they might still have remaining!

....which might partly explain the ever increasing billions of dollars of profits made by the Robber Banks making/financing the market.

Well, things are certainly looking very bleak now, aren't they? But, we still have price to work with....yes, that market basic. And we can work with it in spite of it being so totally controlled and manipulated by these market making Robber Banks, because we also have knowledge of support and resistance, and we have knowledge of the relative notable changes in market activity (tick volume) and where such notable changes in activity occur relative to support and resistance. We have PVSRA.

So, I am here to tell you all that if you constantly remind yourselves that you REALLY DO NOT KNOW how the MMs are going to move price and simply do those three things you ACTUALLY DO CONTROL, you can become successful. What are those three things you control (?): trade very light relative to account size, trade only proper setups and manage those trades properly. Each of these three things is a topic in and of itself, and too involved for inclusion in this post. But they are the only lifelines you have as a trader. If you care for them and implement them with understanding and discipline, you will become successful. If not,.......

piratetrader

Post by piratetrader »

today I traded XAU/usd ..
As you can see all trends stacked bearish and nice zig zag pattern breakout and then i entered on a retrace back to the breakout point.
Edited and corrected
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (85.48 KiB) Viewed 5071 times