Re: Questions & Answers

khit100

Post by khit100 »

qfish wrote:Wise words. Trading is a life learning process. Trading demo will better prepare us for the real battle. But don't be too comfortable with confidence for you will have bad days even after 10,000 hrs of study. But nothing replaces real trading for psychology becomes the greatest challenge as you fight your own urge and fears that deviate you from The plan.

[quote="Fisher755"
I strongly suggest you slow down learning process ( it takes at least many months on the average, if not years) and go back to demo until PVSRA lights start burning. This way you will get your trading education and expirience FOR FREE!
And BTW, the only BIG thing learning fast in trading is BIG RED. :lol: :geek:
[/quote]

Thank you Teacher Fisher755 for your suggestion, actually I'm two or three months trader means with on Live Account. I learning FX with Demo since 2013. I thought that is enough for me with demo. There was many different Mindsets between LIVE and DEMO. I backtested many strategies with DEMO more than two years.
Now I'm ongoing with PVSRA.
I saw your entry about GBPNZD on FF and I find good entry for TVT20 and found one setup yesterday NY session and opened trade, gained +30Pips. and this morning on This pair, found another TVT20 setup and open trade, gained +15pips.
Closed all trade and wait NFP, weekend and Tuesday election.
:) Ongoing with PVSRA!
I'd like to change the world. But GOD didn't give me the source code! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fisher755
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Fisher755 »

I see. Then it is ok to trade live, but I would still suggest demo for at least a month for PVSRA setups entries training- and as many as possible. You will not be able to completly understand PVSRA very fast, so not all setups that look like TVT20 for example are backed up by the right PVSRA reading....When you switch back to Live start slowly and more carefully and with less entries. Is how I would do it today after I know exactly how learning process looks like. Switcing strategies is a very bad thing already confirmed to me personaly from some PVSRA traders. At first you must completly understand how this market works before you can even consider trading it... :geek:
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

dyxypyxy wrote:Hi Tah and Fisher755,

Before the site was corrupted there were a series of interesting posts in the Study Hall which now aren't there. Do you have the chance to recover them somehow?

Thanks for all your teachings and sharings!

dyxypyxy
From now on we can ( we have triple back-up now). :mrgreen: :lol:
Do not worry, the site was very young at that point - cca 6 months. Within next 6 months there will be many situations that will inspire us to write such posts again.
;)
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Hello,
I have download new version PVSRA then install it. I run the tempalte you provided but it lacks some of the color volume or no dimming levels as in the picture of you demo. I came across a PDF but does everything else. Please help me.

** Update: I feel like my monitor had problems viewing the photos with high resolution from the chart of Tah. **

This is my Chart
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (53.06 KiB) Viewed 10131 times
This is demo chart
PVSRA 11-06-2016 Black Template.png
PVSRA 11-06-2016 Black Template.png (80.24 KiB) Viewed 10131 times
I tested by discoloration change color Thin and Wide
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (96.28 KiB) Viewed 10130 times
Thanks
xjames26

Post by xjames26 »

Dear PVSRA creators!
I would like to ask question about "Displaying Open Trade PL Label" feature.
I have a layout with multiple pairs with the screen showing four of them at the same. Because of that the space of an individual chart is limited. Sometimes when the price is heading lower the candle gets under the PL Label.
My question is whether you have ever thought about giving users an option to switch it from right side to the left? (like the option with Scheduled Releases).
Thank you for your reply and for this wonderful PVSRA.
lonehand

Post by lonehand »

xjames26 wrote:i
Hey james,.

Go to 3) PVSRA NEWS PANELat your Navigator. Double click. Change News_panel_at_chart_right to false.
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (47.45 KiB) Viewed 10071 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

xjames26 wrote:Dear PVSRA creators!
I would like to ask question about "Displaying Open Trade PL Label" feature.
I have a layout with multiple pairs with the screen showing four of them at the same. Because of that the space of an individual chart is limited. Sometimes when the price is heading lower the candle gets under the PL Label.
My question is whether you have ever thought about giving users an option to switch it from right side to the left? (like the option with Scheduled Releases).
Thank you for your reply and for this wonderful PVSRA.
Dear xjames26,

Yes, I have. Left or right side of chart, always someone will come up with a reason it should be on the opposite side. And it is most logical to have it on the right side, below all the other labels for an active trade. Best you can do is to simply scroll down the chart (right margin feature) to bring the top and bottom closer to the center. Perhaps you have too many different running trades? I understand that the MT4 chart area becomes restrictive when multiple charts are downsized and all shown at once. I limit myself to two, side by side. It is enough, for me anyway. Maybe some day MetaQuotes will include in an upgrade the ability to detach charts. Then we can all go out and buy more monitors to display them on! And perhaps that is another current solution......get a larger monitor.

- Tah :D
Attachments
Split Screen Example.jpg
Split Screen Example.jpg (288.85 KiB) Viewed 10019 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

About the New Templates and Indicators.....

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I received this PM......

Hi Tah,

Hope you're well!

I recently installed the new template and somehow the candlesticks doesn't start as with the sessions open anymore, it used to with the older template though. I used to remember but how do we shift the session open lines to the candles? Also, does the template automatically adjust with daylight saving?

sorry for bombarding you with questions.

Thanks so much!

I will assume this is a good time to say a few words about the new download file and PDF.

The Asian Open vLine has been problematic. And this resulted in the AS Range display also being problematic. The problem being that during some part of the year their display would be correct. But not at another time of the year. Now, this was only for the "Ao" vLine (and hence the AS Range). Everything else works fine, all year around, with DST changes automatically taken into account. While the problem is being worked on, it made sense to remove it from the template altogether. And here and there in the indicators, other things were simplified at this same time.

To answer the questions above......the "Ao" vLine is removed. The "To" vLine for the Tokyo market replaces it, and functions perfectly all year around, for all brokers, with DST considerations handled automatically, as do all the other vLines. And by the way, when the "Ao" vLine starts the day for brokers with servers based on Helsinki time zone, it does not start the day for brokers with servers on a different time zone. Please study the two pictures attached! You will see that the Helsinki broker server has started a new day, and the "Ao" vLine coincides with the start of the day. You will see that the GMT broker server is still in its "previous" day, and that the "Ao" vLine does NOT coincide with the start of this broker server day. I hope these pictures help everyone to understand the complexity of this situation when it comes to keeping such a display correct all year around, for any broker server time zone in the face of DST changes taking place at different times for all these locations, including the broker server itself! As for shifting the market session vLines relative to the candles, this is accomplished in the easy Preface Setup, which all users must complete and which is described in the PDF. And yes, to repeat, all DST changes throughout the year for all vLine locations, and for the broker server also, are taken care of automatically.

PVSRA Musketeers, you will find the new download template (not the pics. below) to be no problem at all. The absence of the "Ao" vLine should not be an issue. Remember, we primarily trade the London session. And for anyone trading the Asian session, frankly the Tokyo Open is far more important than the Sydney Open (the "Ao" vLine), and we now have the "To" vLine to help us there.

Sincerely,
- Tah :)
Attachments
GBPNZD Helsinki Server.png
GBPNZD Helsinki Server.png (105.38 KiB) Viewed 9991 times
GBPNZD GMT Server.png
GBPNZD GMT Server.png (97.12 KiB) Viewed 9991 times
Traderathome

Re: News Panel Causing MT4 to Not Respond

Post by Traderathome »

Gals and Guys, Fellow PVSRA Musketeers All,

At the market open this week some traders experienced their MT4 locking up in a "Not Responding" state, and with the Alert Panel confirming the incomplete download of the FF Calendar data. There are times when there is no such data and the News Panel states so, but without MT4 becoming non-responsive. The problem was caused by FF being off-line and preventing our indicator from accessing the FF Calendar file and downloading the data.

We are looking into this with the intent to alter coding of the News Panel so that "...incomplete download..." situations will result in the News Panel not appearing on the chart instead of continuing to try to access a file that cannot be accessed, and causing MT4 to become non-responsive.

At the time of this posting, our News Panel is working fine in some parts of the world, but not in others, indicating different FF servers now allow access to the required data file, while other servers still do not. We apologize for our coding deficiency (though we are not the solely responsible for the MT4 outage) and thank you all for your patience. This incident will lead to a better indicator for us.

Sincerely,
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Hello,
I have a very basic question. Previously I've read it but these documents were lost when this site reset. I think this question will help some new members learn more about the level. Can you explain the volume above or below levels. And how Quarter Level work ?

It true ?

-1. Activity below half levels in preparation for long and above for short.
-2. In an uptrend, price action stopped below half level is preparing for breakout half level and continue the uptrend?
-3. In an downtrend, price action stops above half level to prepare for the breakout half level and continue to fall?
-4. (2.) and (3.) Similar for Whole level?
-5. Is there any concept when price action above or below the Quarter Level ?

Any further revealed about level?

Thank PVSRA Team :pray:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (89.2 KiB) Viewed 9919 times
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Zerd wrote:Hello,
I have a very basic question. Previously I've read it but these documents were lost when this site reset. I think this question will help some new members learn more about the level. Can you explain the volume above or below levels. And how Quarter Level work ?

It true ?

-2. In an uptrend, price action stopped below half level is preparing for breakout half level and continue the uptrend?
-3. In an downtrend, price action stops above half level to prepare for the breakout half level and continue to fall?

Trading should be as simple as possible but you took it a bit too simple. We are trading PVSRA not PVA. Levels and activity without SR is worth nothing. Also SR without levels and activity is worth nothing...hope you understand, I wanted to answer quickly. This is basics you must fully understand such things before anything else.
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Thanks for reply. You can share any document relating to the SR in PVSRA? Because I participated Trading Room and realize the analysis came from the members do not speak clearly about SR.

Thank you very much..
Fisher755 wrote:

It true ?

Trading should be as simple as possible but you took it a bit too simple. We are trading PVSRA not PVA. Levels and activity without SR is worth nothing. Also SR without levels and activity is worth nothing...hope you understand, I wanted to answer quickly. This is basics you must fully understand such things before anything else.
qfish
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by qfish »

This may be of help. See my post: The SR in PVSRA.

This is to identify SRs in addition to whole, half, and quarter levels, which are automatically drawn via our indicators panel.

We treat all SR the same, as notable areas where price action around them determines the impending direction. When I say price action, I mean shapes and candlesticks such as bullish/bearing engulfing, wedges, head and shoulders, abc/123 zigzags, direction of trend (dragon angle), etc... We combine our analysis of Price, Volume, and Support/Resistance in tandem to paint the best picture for our trade setups.

Hope it helps.
Zerd wrote:Thanks for reply. You can share any document relating to the SR in PVSRA? Because I participated Trading Room and realize the analysis came from the members do not speak clearly about SR.

Thank you very much..
Fisher755 wrote:

It true ?

Zerd

Post by Zerd »

I began to understand. Here's my analysis. Please evaluate it and give an comment on PVSRA my analysis.

Sorry about the loss of your time. You are great !!!
qfish wrote:This may be of help. See my post: The SR in PVSRA.

This is to identify SRs in addition to whole, half, and quarter levels, which are automatically drawn via our indicators panel.

We treat all SR the same, as notable areas where price action around them determines the impending direction. When I say price action, I mean shapes and candlesticks such as bullish/bearing engulfing, wedges, head and shoulders, abc/123 zigzags, direction of trend (dragon angle), etc...

Hope it helps.
Zerd wrote:Thanks for reply. You can share any document relating to the SR in PVSRA? Because I participated Trading Room and realize the analysis came from the members do not speak clearly about SR.

Thank you very much..
Fisher755 wrote:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (105.82 KiB) Viewed 9816 times
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Thank for interest my questions. I will try to learn more. And help somebody at here if can. :D :D
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

It true ?

You will find this and more in the Orientation Room.......

Price - We cannot know how the MMs (Market Makers) will move price next, period. But price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling short orders for SM (Smart Money) and long orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling long orders for SM and short orders for DM. The MMs are also "SM", and they tend to do the other SMs "one better"! This means that after the MMs fill the SM/DM orders, they might move price a bit further in an attempt to stop out some of those SM executed orders and sucker in more DM; both giving liquidity for the MMs to build their own SM side position using money they steal from others. Yes, the MMs are bastards. But the point is that could leave price not "nicely" above or below a SR anymore, yet more consolidation can occur.

.......Okay, now understand that there are two points being made here.

One, consolidation below key levels tends to be a bullish clue, unless it is at the end of a bear swing, in which case it might only indicate the closing of shorts to be followed by some ranging and then more consolidation below key levels if SM begins to build long, or maybe a retrace higher and new consolidation above key levels while SM rebuilds short. The reverse would be consolidation above key levels tends to be a bearish clue, unless it is at the end of a bull swing, in which case it might only indicate the closing of longs to be followed by some ranging and then more consolidation above key levels if SM begins to build short, or maybe a retrace lower and new consolidation below key levels while SM rebuilds long. So, more simply stated, price tends to consolidate above key levels when SM is selling (to close longs or to open shorts) and price tends to consolidate below key levels when SM is buying (to close shorts or to open longs).

Two, we cannot know how the MMs will move price next. Think about it. On a very large TF chart we might anticipate that eventually price will move from level A up to level B. And it might. But if it does, there usually will be bull and bear swings along the way......good long and good short trade opportunities.....as SM takes profit and looks to reload again at a lower price for more upside later, and as the MMs manipulate price accordingly to fill SM orders. And so, this picture can be translated to lower TF charts, too. The same thing, but in smaller swings. The market is all about liquidity, the MMs moving price up and down and in unexpected ways in order to suck money into the market to fill SM orders so the MMs can make commissions, and to steal some of it outright by hitting pending stop orders on what will become "right side trades" that were entered too soon by market participants.

And so, we not only need to grasp the concept of PVSRA, but also the concept of MOMENTUM which is revealed by our use of the Solid Trend angle to help assure that we are both trading in the right direction based on supporting PVSRA, and that we have entered only when there is evidence of price movement MOMENTUM in that direction.

Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Great. I understand this issue. Thank you very much. I will do more homework. :D
Traderathome wrote:

It true ?

You will find this and more in the Orientation Room.......

Price - We cannot know how the MMs (Market Makers) will move price next, period. But price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling short orders for SM (Smart Money) and long orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling long orders for SM and short orders for DM. The MMs are also "SM", and they tend to do the other SMs "one better"! This means that after the MMs fill the SM/DM orders, they might move price a bit further in an attempt to stop out some of those SM executed orders and sucker in more DM; both giving liquidity for the MMs to build their own SM side position using money they steal from others. Yes, the MMs are bastards. But the point is that could leave price not "nicely" above or below a SR anymore, yet more consolidation can occur.

.......Okay, now understand that there are two points being made here.

One, consolidation below key levels tends to be a bullish clue, unless it is at the end of a bear swing, in which case it might only indicate the closing of shorts to be followed by some ranging and then more consolidation below key levels if SM begins to build long, or maybe a retrace higher and new consolidation above key levels while SM rebuilds short. The reverse would be consolidation above key levels tends to be a bearish clue, unless it is at the end of a bull swing, in which case it might only indicate the closing of longs to be followed by some ranging and then more consolidation above key levels if SM begins to build short, or maybe a retrace lower and new consolidation below key levels while SM rebuilds long. So, more simply stated, price tends to consolidate above key levels when SM is selling (to close longs or to open shorts) and price tends to consolidate below key levels when SM is buying (to close shorts or to open longs).

Two, we cannot know how the MMs will move price next. Think about it. On a very large TF chart we might anticipate that eventually price will move from level A up to level B. And it might. But if it does, there usually will be bull and bear swings along the way......good long and good short trade opportunities.....as SM takes profit and looks to reload again at a lower price for more upside later, and as the MMs manipulate price accordingly to fill SM orders. And so, this picture can be translated to lower TF charts, too. The same thing, but in smaller swings. The market is all about liquidity, the MMs moving price up and down and in unexpected ways in order to suck money into the market to fill SM orders so the MMs can make commissions, and to steal some of it outright by hitting pending stop orders on what will become "right side trades" that were entered too soon by market participants.

And so, we not only need to grasp the concept of PVSRA, but also the concept of MOMENTUM which is revealed by our use of the Solid Trend angle to help assure that we are both trading in the right direction based on supporting PVSRA, and that we have entered only when there is evidence of price movement MOMENTUM in that direction.

AgungLima

Re: Fibonaci

Post by AgungLima »

Hiiii....

I have some question for the new PVSRA template (11-07-16), why the Fibonaci appeared just RWH, RDH, RWL and RDL.
How to release ASH and ASL? and BTW what is the definition of them? and how they works? i have read in PVSRA Indicator PDF but I still don't understand.

And for the yellow notes that give the avg pips and %win, why they are too far from the TP position? should I setting to make it closer with the TP? because sometimes when i zoom the chart, the yellow notes can't be seen.

Please Help,
Thank you

Best regards,
AgungLima
Traderathome

Re: Do Well the Homework Here

Post by Traderathome »

AgungLima wrote:Hiiii....

I have some question for the new PVSRA template (11-07-16), why the Fibonaci appeared just RWH, RDH, RWL and RDL.
How to release ASH and ASL? and BTW what is the definition of them? and how they works? i have read in PVSRA Indicator PDF but I still don't understand.

And for the yellow notes that give the avg pips and %win, why they are too far from the TP position? should I setting to make it closer with the TP? because sometimes when i zoom the chart, the yellow notes can't be seen.

Please Help,
Thank you

Best regards,
AgungLima
Do Well the Homework Here

Dear AgungLima,

The PDF download has "User Notes" for each indicator.

These notes for the Access Panel indicator define RDL/RDH, RWL/RWH and how they are calculated. I do not understand what you mean by "How to release ASH and ASL?" Are you asking how to NOT display them? Anyway, they are NOT a feature included in the latest Access Panel indicator due to the problems associated with having them properly displayed all year around....all broker server time zones....all DST situations. This is still being worked on. So the Asian Open vLine and the Asian session range marks might come in a later offering, coded to work perfectly under all situations. Trading the market will never be a matter of perfection, but we take pride in that our template/indicators are perfection.

These notes for the Trade Levels indicator fully discuss the situation you refer to regarding the profit/loss label for closed trades.

It is clear you have not read these "User Notes". Or, if you have, then you have not read them very well. This is a pity due to the fact that many man-hours have gone into their preparation to answer exactly these kinds of questions. Our template/indicators are unsurpassed by anything else available anywhere, at any cost! Thousands of man-hours donated by a number of contributors are behind them! They are feature filled. The PDF provides all the information you need. Please do well your HOMEWORK here, because we have done ours and we do not spoon feed.

I hope everyone who has not done well their homework here, is likewise reading this reply. I do not mean to "pick" on AgungLima alone. There are undoubtedly others to whom this shoe fits. Please, everyone.....all you PVSRA Musketeers.....do well your HOMEWORK here! In the final analysis, it is up to each of you how much you benefit from what is provided here. Thank you for your understanding in these matters.

Sincerely,
AgungLima

Post by AgungLima »

Thank Alot TAH.... :D :D :D
I will doing my homework :mrgreen:

Regards,
AgungLima