Re: Questions & Answers

Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: ForexFactory datafeed for our news indy broken?

Post by Traderathome »

mja wrote:Hi,
does anyone except me experience problems with FF datafeed for News indy ? I have "FFCal Error: File download incomplete" message in on two MT4 installations :think:

M
Subject: News Panel "Incomplete download" issue

Folks, I assume something happened at FF to corrupt the .xml file that is the source of data for our indicator. Whatever happened, the "end of file" search by our indicator resulted in not finding the character(s) marking the "end of file". Moreover, our indicator file download coding (by others) does not prevent the indicator from continuously repeating the download and search process to find the "end of file". So, this sort of "locks up" the MT4 when all charts include the indicator.

Now, there is nothing that we can do about whatever might have happened at FF. And at the time of this post, FF still has not completely resolved the problem. Currently the "end of file" is now found but the file data is missing. So, no lockup of MT4, but vacant lines for the events. We'll just have to wait on FF to completely fix their problem and restore data to the .xml file for the week. They might not do it inasmuch as the week is almost over with. But maybe they will.

Meanwhile, I have scratched my head and rattled my brains over this "foreign to me" file coding in our indicator. After numerous attempts to try things and much frustration during the process, I do believe I have found a patch that will in the future keep the indicator from running away with itself and possibly locking up MT4. I will include this patch in the next release of our indicators. I was in no hurry to do the next release, and if FF cures itself there is no reason to rush into it. For now, we just wait and see what results we get out of FF. At this point, they are the key issue.

:) Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: ForexFactory datafeed for our news indy broken?

Post by mja »

Traderathome wrote: For now, we just wait and see what results we get out of FF. At this point, they are the key issue.

Thanks Tah, let's wait then
Traderathome

Re: Changes Needed to Our News Panel

Post by Traderathome »

mja wrote:
Traderathome wrote: For now, we just wait and see what results we get out of FF. At this point, they are the key issue.

Thanks Tah, let's wait then
Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Forex Factory, the source of the forex calendar events for our News Panel, changed the url and xml file names. These changes will be incorporated into our next release. I will put some speed on to do this asap. We own much to mja for time taken to track down exactly what took place and to find what changes needed to be made.

Thank you, mja!

Attachments
apr 022.png
apr 022.png (94.77 KiB) Viewed 7902 times
Traderathome

Re: PVSRA v3: Submit Your Requests Now!

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

With some changes to the News Panel indicator now being necessary, it is time to consider changes to the other indicators as well. A few things have been mentioned here and there in the past. I think I remember them, but just in case...….anyone who has encountered a problem or wishes something be changed, added or deleted....now is the time to step up to the plate and make your request heard. Or, forever hold your peace once PVSRA v3 is released.

I will look for your comments here in this thread over next week. Comments after that will likely be too late for consideration.

Sincerely,
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Traderathome wrote:Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I will look for your comments here in this thread over next week. Comments after that will likely be too late for consideration.

Sincerely,
Hi,
some proposals
- all indicators need to have ability to change background. It would enable to change whole screen color according to user preferences
- it would be nice to have weekly (or daily/weekly/monthly - configurable by one parameter) pivots with fibo extensions. I can supply an indicator with code for this. Then again if its too much work pivots can stay a seperate indicator if someone likes using it.
- it would be beneficial for small screens users (laptop, mini laptop) to have ability to choose smaller access panel. There is an option to choose small size panel but another option - for example 'micro panel' could be good for small screen users 10 -13 inch size screens with low resolutions.
- there is an old version of candle suite indicator available somewhere on the web that has candles far more configurable. For example it has Heiken Ashi candles (which are sometimes handy and btw this is the only one heiken ashi candle indy that has candle auto-resize, accordingly to zoom in/out level, I found so its very good ). My suggestion is to merge the code from this old indy with current candles suite or just replace the indicator and add it to V3 template. I can supply the old version
- I'm in the process of creating simple money management indicator based on your advices and hints. It will be ready next week. Maybe the code can be merged to Free template version ? :think:
Cheers,
M
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Sincerely,
Thank for about that.

Recently I am researching price reactions when PA passes levels. Especially the Half and Whole levels, if possible, Can you add a notice after the price closes and the candle has touched or break the level?

Additional options for this section

- Option can be turned on and off to avoid disturbing those who don't care about that.
- Options can distinguish whether the candle is colored or not.
- For candles break many level I think there should be no notice or an open option for this.

Hope this helps. Thank you TAH.
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by runner »

With some changes to the News Panel indicator now being necessary, it is time to consider changes to the other indicators as well. A few things have been mentioned here and there in the past. I think I remember them, but just in case...….anyone who has encountered a problem or wishes something be changed, added or deleted....now is the time to step up to the plate and make your request heard. Or, forever hold your peace once PVSRA v3 is released.

Sincerely,
Hi Tah, Brothers and Sisters,

Generally, I dont have much problem with the PVRSA templete its work great most of the time. I could never say enough thanks for this work of art. Goodluck for the new release!

I have one suggestion, not a request. Is it better to also have the 'two lines price' of spread (bid/ask) which shown on the M15 also available at least on H1?
Because I made mistake when I did trade Palladium H1 before :doh: :D, I checked on H1 only and was not realize the spread is killer (becuase its not visualized in H1).
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

runner wrote:

Sincerely,

Generally, I dont have much problem with the PVRSA templete its work great most of the time. I could never say enough thanks for this work of art. Goodluck for the new release!

I have one suggestion, not a request. Is it better to also have the 'two lines price' of spread (bid/ask) which shown on the M15 also available at least on H1?
Because I made mistake when I did trade Palladium H1 before :doh: :D, I checked on H1 only and was not realize the spread is killer (becuase its not visualized in H1).
Hello Runner,

I think you can make it at this version. Change this number to 60 ( H1 ) or 240 ( H4 ).

Good time :)
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (111.09 KiB) Viewed 7842 times
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by runner »

Zerd wrote:
runner wrote:

Sincerely,

Hello Runner,

I think you can make it at this version. Change this number to 60 ( H1 ) or 240 ( H4 ).

Good time :)
Whoops, You are right! Thanks for screenshot it for me Zerd. :doh: Homework.. :doh:
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
Traderathome

Re: Released News Panel Resumes Working....

Post by Traderathome »

PVSRA Musketeers,

Looks like out current release News Panel indicator is back up and running. So, there are two urls addresses and two .xml file names now working. Maybe this was a test of the new ones to be used on servers for specifically different geographic locations, unburdening the old ones from having to support all places. Have no idea, but for now things are working again...... :clap:
Attachments
apr 023.png
apr 023.png (96.35 KiB) Viewed 7827 times
chagu

Post by chagu »

Traderathome wrote:PVSRA Musketeers,

Looks like out current release News Panel indicator is back up and running. So, there are two urls addresses and two .xml file names now working. Maybe this was a test of the new ones to be used on servers for specifically different geographic locations, unburdening the old ones from having to support all places. Have no idea, but for now things are working again...... :clap:

Mine Is still not working ??
Traderathome

Re: Released News Panel Working,...or Maybe Not!

Post by Traderathome »

chagu wrote:

Mine Is still not working ??
Chagu,

Yes, and in my very own household one computer runs it ok, the other is blank. Go figure! Maybe happens to be what server your IP address gets to. Apparently not all roads to Rome actually lead to Rome! :D
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

What do you think about create an option for user can enter URL of file on the forexfactory server? This will be helpful for over-fixing, even if the forexfactory does this again.

Regards,
Traderathome

Re: Reason Our News Panel Not Working....

Post by Traderathome »

Zerd wrote:

What do you think about create an option for user can enter URL of file on the forexfactory server? This will be helpful for over-fixing, even if the forexfactory does this again.

Regards,
Hi, Zerd,

Yes, we intend to do that. Turns out that maybe our News Panel did not resume working. Might have just gotten myself confused with too many versions of "in-work" fixes and thought so by mistake. Anyway, there are two key new items (url address and .xml file name suffix). The original .xml file does not work currently. Currently both the original and new url address work with the new .xml file.

Work on a new release file of our indicators has begun, but I have a lot of other things also to do, so this will take some time.

Attachments
ScreenHunter_185 Apr. 09 08.30.jpg
ScreenHunter_185 Apr. 09 08.30.jpg (244.96 KiB) Viewed 8196 times
Zerd

Re: Reason Our News Panel Not Working....

Post by Zerd »

Traderathome wrote:
Zerd wrote:

Regards,
Yes, we intend to do that. Turns out that maybe our News Panel did not resume working. Might have just gotten myself confused with too many versions of "in-work" fixes and thought so by mistake. Anyway, there are two key new items (url address and .xml file name suffix). The original .xml file does not work currently. Currently both the original and new url address work with the new .xml file.

Work on a new release file of our indicators has begun, but I have a lot of other things also to do, so this will take some time.

That was amazing. I can't wait more for next version.
:D
Regards,
uncledodat

Re: Questions & Answers

Post by uncledodat »

Hey, guys. is there some temp fix for this?
Traderathome

Re: Is There a Fix?

Post by Traderathome »

uncledodat wrote:Hey, guys. is there some temp fix for this?
uncledodat,

Fix for "what"? You used a pronoun without ever defining its' root! I suppose you refer to the errant News Panel performance. In a word, "No!"

So long as ForexFactory, or any other source of calendar data, changes names of the url address used or the .xml file name where the data is kept, there is no solution,....not until the new url address and/or .xml file name can be found out! After that, it is an easy matter to "fix",......until they DO IT AGAIN!

Actually, we have decided to add External Input choices of past used urls and xml files, to easily switch to, and to add External Input "blanks" where new ones....once they become known....can be typed in as overrides to the preset choices. But still, THEY HAVE TO BECOME KNOWN before they can be input! And calendar sources seem very inhospitable when it comes to being "user friendly" in this manner.

At our end....here at PVSRA International....we therefore welcome the support of coders who will step up to the plate and contribute to this ongoing work-in-progress to help us help retail traders in this "dog eat dog" currency market, where the MMs and their Robber Bank sponsors have and do continue to work hard to further disadvantaging all market participants in whatever ways they can....without them leaving the market (only losing their money) as these Robber Banks themselves (and the super-rich behind them) continue making billions in profits yearly and using all the tax loopholes they have lobbied with their extensive wealth to create......escaping paying anywhere near their fair share of taxes on their ill-gotten gains. And I do mean ILL GOTTEN!

if there are any professional coders out there willing to contribute to help us when needed, please let us know....this is "David vs Goliath".

V1KT0RY

Re: Charts/templates visualization.

Post by V1KT0RY »

:idea: Dear Tah,

An important upgrade that I suggest for your new PVSRA_v3 system, is the correct X/Y axis scaling in some indicators, like your Access Panel and News Panel, for bigger resolution displays.

This is how the template looks in Windows 10 with a 4K monitor and 100% scaling:
GBPUSDM15a.png
GBPUSDM15a.png (286.42 KiB) Viewed 8124 times
And this is how it shows with 175% scaling (even after restarting the OS):
GBPUSDM15b.png
GBPUSDM15b.png (293.26 KiB) Viewed 8124 times
Also, it would be nice if the News Panel could automatically reposition itself to the right or below the "Sell/Buy panel".
GBPUSDM15c.png
GBPUSDM15c.png (286.44 KiB) Viewed 8124 times
By the way, this guy already found a way to make the ForexFactory Calendar work again with his indicators:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=901713

Regards,
Víctor
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

V1KT0RY wrote::idea: Dear Tah,

An important upgrade that I suggest for your new PVSRA_v3 system, is the correct X/Y axis scaling in some indicators, like your Access Panel and News Panel, for bigger resolution displays.

This is how the template looks in Windows 10 with a 4K monitor and 100% scaling:
GBPUSDM15a.png

And this is how it shows with 175% scaling (even after restarting the OS):
GBPUSDM15b.png

Also, it would be nice if the News Panel could automatically reposition itself to the right or below the "Sell/Buy panel".
GBPUSDM15c.png

By the way, this guy already found a way to make the ForexFactory Calendar work again with his indicators:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=901713

Regards,
Víctor

Dear V1KTORY,

Yes, 4k magnified presents problems. Might have something to do with including "+(some spaces)+" in label coding. The v3 has switched to concatenating. That might or might not make a difference. I do not use a 4k monitor, so I have no way of knowing (should anyone like to donate for this purpose, I will not reject ;) ) As for 4k not magnified, v3 has actually been coded to no options on the Panel size, and which is (currently) set between the two sizes optioned in v2. So, if this does not change, my recommendation to those that insist on using 4k for trading will be "Hang a magnifying glass down over that corner of the screen!" :text-lol:
As for "Also, it would be nice if the News Panel could automatically reposition itself to the right or below the "Sell/Buy panel." Yes, wouldn't it.

As for the linked indicator, I don't see it. Anyway the purpose of ours is to ignore release predictions and actuals...neither of which tell the MMs how to run their business!....and to look as far forward into the week as possible by using prioritization coding that makes better use of the limited events list by skipping multiple same time releases in favor of showing only one of the the highest impact. Our work in progress on our New Panel indicator is near done. It is now working, thanks to mja. Perhaps one or two more weeks of testing to be sure it is correctly doing all that we want it to do.

As for what is going on at the link you provided, indicators are NOT going to make a trader successful! We believe an uncluttered chart helps PVSRA and HTMRW to sink in. Coming to understand the market, not a plethora of indicators, is what helps. Here is the currently proposed v3....

Attachments
apr 033.png
apr 033.png (84.75 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
aphong

Post by aphong »

[quote="Traderathome"],
" ...Here is the currently proposed v3...."
------------
Thanks TAH & mja for the V3, It looks very nice :)) & as mja's proposals, all indicators should to have ability to change background cozz I only love the pure black background :lol: