Re: Questions & Answers

Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Hello,
I have a little difficulty when prices return to the dragon. When I enter some order, and the price returned to the dragon with a special volume. It made me start to panic and leave my positions. I know that the dragon is a position SR and prices will move around it.

The question here is:
1: How to know if price will pass dragon or return trend ?
2: Differences in trading without dragon and have it ?

Perhaps this is a simple question to you but are essential for the novice.

Thank you :D
Honzis

Post by Honzis »

Zerd wrote:Hello,
I have a little difficulty when prices return to the dragon. When I enter some order, and the price returned to the dragon with a special volume. It made me start to panic and leave my positions. I know that the dragon is a position SR and prices will move around it.

The question here is:

Hi Zerd,
I understand you have such questions, I had them too. But they are really novice and out of whole picture :) Just wait and give it time, you will gather experience and see those things. I bet, that if you see whole picture (trend, consolidations, volume, S/r) you would not ask questions about what is arround Trend. Looking only at dragon and what PA doing there, is too narrow look - you need more clues, in order to know what si happening.
To your questions:
1) Nobody knows how price move next.
2) Trend (dragon) i just our tool to better knowing about overall trend and about momentum, nothing more. FOr those who wants to trade safe is only possible buy above Trend and sell below

If you want, you can send me screens of chart, and we can discuss what is happening there - maybe it would be helpful for you. :)
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Thank you for taking time with my questions. More overview for anyone still wondering this question please help me explain the circumstances under.

1. EURGBP. Open long and :o
EG.PNG
EG.PNG (59.68 KiB) Viewed 9175 times

2. EURUSD. Open long, happy in profit and :o
EU.PNG
EU.PNG (58.94 KiB) Viewed 9175 times
3. GBPUSD. Open short, happy in profit and :cry:
GU.PNG
GU.PNG (58.08 KiB) Viewed 9175 times
Thank you.
Honzis wrote:

The question here is:

Hi Zerd,
I understand you have such questions, I had them too. But they are really novice and out of whole picture :) Just wait and give it time, you will gather experience and see those things. I bet, that if you see whole picture (trend, consolidations, volume, S/r) you would not ask questions about what is arround Trend. Looking only at dragon and what PA doing there, is too narrow look - you need more clues, in order to know what si happening.
To your questions:
2) Trend (dragon) i just our tool to better knowing about overall trend and about momentum, nothing more. FOr those who wants to trade safe is only possible buy above Trend and sell below

If you want, you can send me screens of chart, and we can discuss what is happening there - maybe it would be helpful for you. :)
Honzis

Post by Honzis »

Zerd wrote:Thank you for taking time with my questions. More overview for anyone still wondering this question please help me explain the circumstances under.

EG.PNG

EU.PNG

GU.PNG

Thank you.
Honzis wrote:

The question here is:

Hi Zerd,
To your questions:

I though you would send it to my PM, since I'm not sure if is it ok to discuss it here (TAH - if so, no problem to delete it)

I made some notes to your trades from my point of view, you have to know I'm not pro like TAH or Fisher, but I'm learning for some time - so hopefully I can add some thougs :)
Also - it is much more easier to analyze it ex post. "After battle is everybody general"
Attachments
eurgbp.png
eurgbp.png (92.03 KiB) Viewed 9150 times
eurusd.png
eurusd.png (92.36 KiB) Viewed 9150 times
gpbusd.png
gpbusd.png (88.7 KiB) Viewed 9150 times
Iscalp1117

Post by Iscalp1117 »

Does anyone have any advice buildingnpositions over the Xmas period. I'm aware that it is a pretty volatile environment?

Thank you all
Patience...can only be acquired through God.
Zerd

Re: Comments, Questions & Answers

Post by Zerd »

Hi,
Thank for your reply. Your assessment is correct. Like everything you say. Can't know next move of price. Always looking for clues before joining clearly be wise. With me the dragon is postion for close order or consider when it around SR.

Thank you very much :)
Honzis wrote:
Zerd wrote:Thank you for taking time with my questions. More overview for anyone still wondering this question please help me explain the circumstances under.

EG.PNG

EU.PNG

GU.PNG

Thank you.
Honzis wrote:
Hi Zerd,
To your questions:

I though you would send it to my PM, since I'm not sure if is it ok to discuss it here (TAH - if so, no problem to delete it)

I made some notes to your trades from my point of view, you have to know I'm not pro like TAH or Fisher, but I'm learning for some time - so hopefully I can add some thougs :)
Also - it is much more easier to analyze it ex post. "After battle is everybody general"
Honzis

Post by Honzis »

Is it possible to make 'like' button at each post? This will allow us to show our gratefulness for some awesome posts here. I want to show it often, but I don't want to mess thread with replies.
Fisher755
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Fisher755 »

Honzis wrote:Is it possible to make 'like' button at each post? This will allow us to show our gratefulness for some awesome posts here. I want to show it often, but I don't want to mess thread with replies.
:D
Yes, would be nice, but it is kind of childish "popular" feature.
We know you like a lot of posts otherwise you would not be here, right? ;)
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Sinth

Post by Sinth »

Hello everyone,do you draw the supply/demand areas on your own or do you use an indi for it?
Thanks
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Sinth wrote:Hello everyone,do you draw the supply/demand areas on your own or do you use an indi for it?
Thanks
You need no indy for this- it would be bad to use one. You must train yourself to be able to recognize SR areas in the middle of the night. It is very important part of PVSRA. :mrgreen:
Honzis

Post by Honzis »

Fisher755 wrote:
Honzis wrote:Is it possible to make 'like' button at each post? This will allow us to show our gratefulness for some awesome posts here. I want to show it often, but I don't want to mess thread with replies.
I wish you wrote childish in apostrophes, cz this way I feel childish :D

Yes you are right, but there is no way for us, how to show our appreciation of your hard work in producing this great stuff for us .. how should I satisfy my need for showing my gratefulness? :)
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Honzis wrote:
Fisher755 wrote:
I wish you wrote childish in apostrophes, cz this way I feel childish :D

Yes you are right, but there is no way for us, how to show our appreciation of your hard work in producing this great stuff for us .. how should I satisfy my need for showing my gratefulness? :)
OMG. School days, how nice it is to be young.. :lol:

I was once very long ago in such situation in my life. I felt then like you are feeling now. There is a brilliant solution to this: Forward it.
Help people that need your help. There are many out there. Make this world a better place. For me there is no better and nicer way to show gratitude. You are nice Young man and smart too. You can help a lot of people out there.
Besides- imo some day when Tah and I Will be long gone you Will be able to help a lot of traders too. Just stay humble and patient.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Iscalp1117 wrote:Does anyone have any advice buildingnpositions over the Xmas period. I'm aware that it is a pretty volatile environment?

Thank you all
Use smaller EPs if you will not take days off.
Traderathome

Re: Position Building in December....?

Post by Traderathome »

Iscalp1117 wrote:Does anyone have any advice building positions over the Xmas period. I'm aware that it is a pretty volatile environment?

Thank you all
Position Building in December.....?

When it comes to trading, giving advice is no good. Teaching, encouraging, being an example.....these are good.

Now, to your question. December (and yes, January also) can be a sucker month, where price ranges while the MMs dredge up liquidity to help SM get out of positions profitably before the end of the year.....so their year end balance sheet and prospectus look nice. And between ranging there can be some sudden moves to get the prices to the next level that some of SM have targeted to get out. And thru all of this, we very optimistic retail traders are looking for signs of nice swings with setups so we can make some money in an environment of dwindling liquidity and activity......such that price action can die on us at any time at the worse possible place!

And you want to build positions?

Come January, also a low liquidity period, SM might figure out where to start building (if they don't wait until February or March for that), and the MMs can move price with less expense to themselves to accommodate SM re-entering the market. And do you think that December PA for SM closings is going to be attractive versus the January PA for possible SM openings?

Well, we can never know, can we. It could happen. So, good luck.

- Tah :)
Iscalp1117

Re: Position Building in December....?

Post by Iscalp1117 »

Traderathome wrote:
Iscalp1117 wrote:Does anyone have any advice building positions over the Xmas period. I'm aware that it is a pretty volatile environment?

Thank you all
Position Building in December.....?

When it comes to trading, giving advice is no good. Teaching, encouraging, being an example.....these are good.

Now, to your question. December (and yes, January also) can be a sucker month, where price ranges while the MMs dredge up liquidity to help SM get out of positions profitably before the end of the year.....so their year end balance sheet and prospectus look nice. And between ranging there can be some sudden moves to get the prices to the next level that some of SM have targeted to get out. And thru all of this, we very optimistic retail traders are looking for signs of nice swings with setups so we can make some money in an environment of dwindling liquidity and activity......such that price action can die on us at any time at the worse possible place!

And you want to build positions?

Come January, also a low liquidity period, SM might figure out where to start building (if they don't wait until February or March for that), and the MMs can move price with less expense to themselves to accommodate SM re-entering the market. And do you think that December PA for SM closings is going to be attractive versus the January PA for possible SM openings?

Well, we can never know, can we. It could happen. So, good luck.

- Tah :)

Hello Tah, thank you for replying and quite frankly i was put off the idea from the moment you said "sucker month"
I will be using this time to continue with homework and going through the posts and content.
I do wish you a very merry Christmas and have a fantastic new year.

regards Iscalp
Patience...can only be acquired through God.
Honzis

Post by Honzis »

Alcibiade wrote:Soooo... all the trading room posts before the corruption are lost? There are not archived somewhere?
If so that is too bad, i remember some awesome content there. I need to study to put me back on track after my six months break...
The Donna posts are still there, but the attachments are '404', so no good.
Do you have other recommandations (I don't feel like going back to the FF thread, but if there is nothing else...)?
Not all attachments at donna are lost - so its possible to read there. I study there from time to time. Thread on FF is good also, wisdom is there, so I dont see any problem with studying there. It is also possible to study "prehistoric" PVSRA at sonic thread :)
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Alcibiade wrote:Thanks! To FF it is then! It will feel like good ol' times haha.
Welcome back bro. Nice to see you again! :dance:
BTW, I gave some tips to Honzis regarding trading in general, maybe you can connect with him thru PMs or emails. That's the first thing.
Second - imo there is everything you need to know about PVSRA in Tah's past posts file. That's the basis. The ingridient you cannot get in no forum but is very important is expirience. Don't make this cost of education costly so start small. You are well aware how long it takes to get the propper education- do not expect it to be different in forex. If you have any questions you can PM anytime, I'll be glad to help if I can. ;)
Traderathome

Re: KISS......!

Post by Traderathome »

Alcibiade wrote:Soooo... all the trading room posts before the corruption are lost? There are not archived somewhere?
If so that is too bad, i remember some awesome content there. I need to study to put me back on track after my six months break...
The Donna posts are still there, but the attachments are '404', so no good.
Do you have other recommandations (I don't feel like going back to the FF thread, but if there is nothing else...)?
KISS.....

Maybe your study should be to very carefully go back over the basics we have well documented here,.......and trade by them! .......?
Traderathome

Re: "Dealing Desk" Brokers Trading Against Your Order

Post by Traderathome »

site member wrote:Dear TAH
is true statement that when we open 'sell' position, the broker who provide us with the service to trade on the financial markets in fact must buy from the respective currency in order to be possible for us to sell it!?
For example - my broker is AM and when I open sell EUR/USD, AM buy this pair in order to ensure my trade?

If this is true, means that every time when we open shorts, actually trade against our own trade :!:
Thank you
Best regards
(site member)
Dear (site member),

It is the primary job of MMs (market makers/market making Robber Banks) to set prices. They set prices to get buyers and sellers together. They move price up and down, often ranging price (but range can be quite large), to coax buyers and sellers to adjust their order prices to come together. The MMs themselves are counterparties to trades only as "last resort". If they have to be counterparties to market positions they will get rid of them ASAP as new buy/sell orders come in. It is unlikely they will ever allow themselves to be left holding the bag for large positions for very long. Of course, they can always manipulate prices so that overall their sides are the winning sides, and get rid of them.

Brokers can be "dealing desk" brokers trading against you, with only their orders actually going on to the MMs for execution. Or they can be brokers offering "ECN" accounts, acting as a conduit submitting our orders directly to the MMs/Electronically Connected Network of global Robber Bank Market Makers. Some brokers offer both options. With broker ECN accounts the broker charges a commission in addition to the spread for their service of submitting our orders into the ECN. Typically, neither type of broker has direct access to the entire ECN of liquidity providing banks. Dealing Desk brokers might have access to only one liquidity providing bank. ECN brokers might have access to many of them, and so can offer more competitive spreads to offset their ECN account commissions and have better market execution (little or no slippage or bump in executed price of orders).

We recommend TradersWay, offering ECN accounts and with superb market execution (typically no slippage, fast, and can even be at better prices). You might contact them (we have link to TW in our Recommended Broker section) and set up an ECN demo account to become more versed on the difference you will experience with them as compared to your experience with the broker you currently have.

For others reading this, know that Tradersway accepts USA residents, allows hedging and does not impose FIFO order of closing trades. None of the "garbage" regulations imposed by the CFTC (Commodities Future Trading Commission) and the NFA (National Futures Association) are imposed on any TW client! Note that these agencies are only "Commissions" and "Associations". These "FALSE" regulatory agencies exist primarily for the protection of the business of the Robber Banks, not individual traders! And because brokers need the banks in order to operate, these agencies that protect the Robber Banks interests have persuasive influence over brokers, many of which around the world capitulate to them for one business reason or another, declining USA residents altogether because they do not want to have to impose these "garbage" regulations on their clients. If they accepted USA residents as clients, then they would have to impose all the "garbage" regulations on all of their clients! Thankfully, there are some brokers, reputable ones, that have not capitulated to this world-wide heavy hand of the big MM Robber Banks of the USA, the pit bulls in the world wide syndicate of corrupt Robber Banks.

We are most fortunate that Tradersway exists.

- Tah :dance:
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Hello all happy new year,i would like improve my knowledge regarding(stopping volume) i think i get it ,but would like to be sure.Tahs most recent post USD JPY short trade pointed this out,good time to ask.perhaps a brake down of this stopping volume area would be a great help .Thanks enjoy your weekend.ZAN.