Re: Questions & Answers

Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Traderathome »

coutinho wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:23 am Hi tah, how are u? Do you have a minimum time to leave the new members registered here in the forum?

thx
Dear coutinho,

I checked and see we missed your completed registration. You are now registered. Please accept my apologies.

- Tah
LGSO

Re: PVSRA v2.3 PL Label Info Overlap

Post by LGSO »

Traderathome wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:11 am
LGSO wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:49 pm Good afternoon, how are you? I have a problem with the PL label. Information is getting overlapped. I saw a post to download the file on 02/03/2023, I did that, I installed it as indicated, but the error persists. Please how should I proceed?

Thanks! LGSO :D
PVSRA v2.3 PL Label Info Overlap

Yes, the first dated release of PVSRA v2.3 on 02/03/2023 was revised to see if this subject issue would be resolved. The revised download is dated 02/05/2023. It is not yet clear from those reporting the subject issue exactly which download dated version of PVSRA v2.3 they are using. If it is indeed the one dated 02/05/2023 (the only one currently available) then this can be looked at further. So, anyone having the subject issue, please be precise in reporting if you are using the first dated download (02/03/2023) or if you have checked for updates and are using the currently available download (02/05/2023).

Also, if you had this issue and find it is resolved using the 02/05/2023 download, do please let us know, so we can be confident the issue is resolved for those users who experienced it!

Thank You,
- Tah
Good afternoon!

checking those of the PVSRA v2.3 version, there are only 2 files with modification date 02/05/2023:
"PVSRA v2.3 Trade Levels (Black).ex4" and " PVSRA v2.3 Trade Levels (White).ex4"
And it really is what is installed on my PC, that is, there is still this problem of overlapping the TP or SL label. Can you verify please?
Thanks!
coutinho

Post by coutinho »

Traderathome wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:37 am
coutinho wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:23 am Hi tah, how are u? Do you have a minimum time to leave the new members registered here in the forum?

thx
Dear coutinho,

I checked and see we missed your completed registration. You are now registered. Please accept my apologies.

- Tah
Thanks so much, I'll take the opportunity and talk to you about something else. In this time that I have been applying the PVSRA, I noticed something in common with the Stop Hunt movements. More specifically, those Stop Hunts that occur during setup construction. Every time this movement occurs, we see the price have a strong reaction, but what is possible to see is that the Stop Hunt movement is always marked in a trend region, and it changes as you go up the TFs, the end of the movement is always rejecting one of these trends in some TF

When I realize that an SH may be happening, I keep an eye on M1 and see where it can end up raising the TFs, do you think this is a valid observation to make or do I just wait for confirmation in larger TFs in a case of SH?
It was a movement that occurred today on EUR/USD but that I often observe in setup construction, when is in consolidation...

M5

M15

M30

H1

Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

LGSO wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:00 pm
LGSO wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:49 pm Good afternoon, how are you? I have a problem with the PL label. Information is getting overlapped. I saw a post to download the file on 02/03/2023, I did that, I installed it as indicated, but the error persists. Please how should I proceed?

Thanks! LGSO :D

Yes, the first dated release of PVSRA v2.3 on 02/03/2023 was revised to see if this subject issue would be resolved. The revised download is dated 02/05/2023. It is not yet clear from those reporting the subject issue exactly which download dated version of PVSRA v2.3 they are using. If it is indeed the one dated 02/05/2023 (the only one currently available) then this can be looked at further. So, anyone having the subject issue, please be precise in reporting if you are using the first dated download (02/03/2023) or if you have checked for updates and are using the currently available download (02/05/2023).

Also, if you had this issue and find it is resolved using the 02/05/2023 download, do please let us know, so we can be confident the issue is resolved for those users who experienced it!

Thank You,
- Tah
Good afternoon!

checking those of the PVSRA v2.3 version, there are only 2 files with modification date 02/05/2023:
"PVSRA v2.3 Trade Levels (Black).ex4" and " PVSRA v2.3 Trade Levels (White).ex4"
And it really is what is installed on my PC, that is, there is still this problem of overlapping the TP or SL label. Can you verify please?
Thanks!
Please post some pictures that clearly illustrate the problem. The only issue I am aware of is the overlapping of text for money and for percent in the CLOSED TRADE PL LABLE. Only some users have this issue, which have me wondering if they are using a non-Windows OS.

- Tah
LGSO

Post by LGSO »

Traderathome wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:23 pm

Thank You,
- Tah
Good afternoon!

Thanks!
Please post some pictures that clearly illustrate the problem. The only issue I am aware of is the overlapping of text for money and for percent in the CLOSED TRADE PL LABLE. Only some users have this issue, which have me wondering if they are using a non-Windows OS.

- Tah
Good morning Tah,

Here's an example image. My system is Windows. Also follows my PC configuration.

Edição Windows 10 Pro
Versão 22H2
Instalado em ‎28/‎03/‎2021
Compilação do SO 19045.3208
Experiência Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Thanks for the support!

LGSO
Attachments
Rotulo_short.png
Rotulo_short.png (42.25 KiB) Viewed 11099 times
LGSO

Post by LGSO »

LGSO wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:31 am

Good afternoon!

Thanks!

- Tah
Good morning Tah,

Here's an example image. My system is Windows. Also follows my PC configuration.

Edição Windows 10 Pro
Versão 22H2

Thanks for the support!

LGSO
Here's another example image:
Attachments
Short_gain.png
Short_gain.png (47.63 KiB) Viewed 11098 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

LGSO wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:38 am
LGSO wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:31 am

- Tah
Good morning Tah,

Edição Windows 10 Pro
Versão 22H2

Thanks for the support!

LGSO
Here's another example image:
At this point I am unsure of the source and the cure for this "text overlapping" problem. You and one person on Forex Factory have exhibited and commented on this issue. I have found one area of coding that might be an issue. I say "might" because some folks post pics that show overlapping in the 2nd part of the Closed Trade PL Label that deals with $ and % profits, but do not show overlapping in the first part of the Closed Trade PL label dealing with pips! This should not be the case! It should be all one way, or all the other way! So, possibly something other than the indicator is contributing to this issue. In the past, some have had issues due to using 4k monitors, and there are fixes for those issues posted elsewhere on this site.

I truly would like to put this issue to bed! But, hesitant to rush out yet another release with "a consistently applied adjustment to coding" for an issue that appears inconsistently!

If anyone here has more information on this issue that might help, please post it!

- Tah
coutinho

Post by coutinho »

Hi Tah, how are you? In this version 2.3, what was the difference in calculating the Daily/Weekly Rally (RDL/RDH)? The Access Panel settings are the same as in previous versions but the calculation shown is different from previous versions

Thanks
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

coutinho wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:02 pm Hi Tah, how are you? In this version 2.3, what was the difference in calculating the Daily/Weekly Rally (RDL/RDH)? The Access Panel settings are the same as in previous versions but the calculation shown is different from previous versions

Thanks
PVSRA v2.2 and v2.3 use same calculation of period range, but v2.2 places the high marks the range distance above the period low and the low marks the range distance below the period high, whereas v2.3 places them from the period open price. If I v2.3 needs further tweaking due to text overlapping in the Closed Trade PL Label, I might put both of these calculations in as a choice for the user.

- Tah
coutinho

Post by coutinho »

Traderathome wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:11 am
coutinho wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:02 pm Hi Tah, how are you? In this version 2.3, what was the difference in calculating the Daily/Weekly Rally (RDL/RDH)? The Access Panel settings are the same as in previous versions but the calculation shown is different from previous versions

Thanks
PVSRA v2.2 and v2.3 use same calculation of period range, but v2.2 places the high marks the range distance above the period low and the low marks the range distance below the period high, whereas v2.3 places them from the period open price. If I v2.3 needs further tweaking due to text overlapping in the Closed Trade PL Label, I might put both of these calculations in as a choice for the user.

- Tah

Thanks for the explanation. In 2.3, if you change the timeframe and the chart appears "waiting for updates", the Access Panel stops working and you need to put the template again. If you are using Symbol Changer this doesn't happen.
Access Painel.png
Access Painel.png (58.83 KiB) Viewed 11061 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

coutinho wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:25 am

Thanks

- Tah

Thanks for the explanation. In 2.3, if you change the timeframe and the chart appears "waiting for updates", the Access Panel stops working and you need to put the template again. If you are using Symbol Changer this doesn't happen.

Access Painel.png
Don't understand why you are having this issue. Coding for this has not changed in years and you are the first to report the issue. I suggest you fully explain the coding for "If you are using Symbol Changer this doesn't happen" so I can take a look at what might be the difference. Otherwise, and since our coder....mja...is very busy elsewhere, I won't be able to address this. Thank you.

- Tah
mrmatmaker

Post by mrmatmaker »

Hey i am porting PVSRA into MT5 (willing to share if i can) but i have a problem with Dragon CLOUD calculation. Looks like the STD deviation has some interesting formula or is it different per timeframe? I hope you can help its a great indicator but really bad experience while watching on MT4 and placing trades on MT5 :(
Traderathome wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:50 am At this point I am unsure of the source and the cure for this "text overlapping" problem. You and one person on Forex Factory have exhibited and commented on this issue. I have found one area of coding that might be an issue. I say "might" because some folks post pics that show overlapping in the 2nd part of the Closed Trade PL Label that deals with $ and % profits, but do not show overlapping in the first part of the Closed Trade PL label dealing with pips! This should not be the case! It should be all one way, or all the other way! So, possibly something other than the indicator is contributing to this issue. In the past, some have had issues due to using 4k monitors, and there are fixes for those issues posted elsewhere on this site.
- Tah
I have the same problem using widescreen monitor 3840x1200 resolution.
Attachments
prettyoff.png
prettyoff.png (53.97 KiB) Viewed 10886 times
notgood.png
notgood.png (67.14 KiB) Viewed 10886 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

mrmatmaker wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:38 pm Hey i am porting PVSRA into MT5 (willing to share if i can) but i have a problem with Dragon CLOUD calculation. Looks like the STD deviation has some interesting formula or is it different per timeframe? I hope you can help its a great indicator but really bad experience while watching on MT4 and placing trades on MT5 :(
Traderathome wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:50 am At this point I am unsure of the source and the cure for this "text overlapping" problem. You and one person on Forex Factory have exhibited and commented on this issue. I have found one area of coding that might be an issue. I say "might" because some folks post pics that show overlapping in the 2nd part of the Closed Trade PL Label that deals with $ and % profits, but do not show overlapping in the first part of the Closed Trade PL label dealing with pips! This should not be the case! It should be all one way, or all the other way! So, possibly something other than the indicator is contributing to this issue. In the past, some have had issues due to using 4k monitors, and there are fixes for those issues posted elsewhere on this site.
- Tah
The problem under discussion was that the second part of the Closed Trade PL Label (P/L monies and % display) had overlapping characters. Unfortunately, poster did not identify what version of PVSRA v2 was being used. As for what you are currently talking about, I am at a loss understanding what it is that you are talking about! In any case, let me remind you that our template is only for MT4 and is not to be used with any other indicators added. If someone posts with PVSRA v2.3 showing the overlap in the complete Closed Trade PL Label, we can look at that for a fix, but at this time it is not clear if the user was using an outdated version! As for anything else, including MT5, at this time it is only just a consideration for the future.

- Tah
mrmatmaker

Post by mrmatmaker »

Traderathome wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:28 pm
mrmatmaker wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:38 pm Hey i am porting PVSRA into MT5 (willing to share if i can) but i have a problem with Dragon CLOUD calculation. Looks like the STD deviation has some interesting formula or is it different per timeframe? I hope you can help its a great indicator but really bad experience while watching on MT4 and placing trades on MT5 :(
- Tah
The problem under discussion was that the second part of the Closed Trade PL Label (P/L monies and % display) had overlapping characters. Unfortunately, poster did not identify what version of PVSRA v2 was being used. As for what you are currently talking about, I am at a loss understanding what it is that you are talking about! In any case, let me remind you that our template is only for MT4 and is not to be used with any other indicators added. If someone posts with PVSRA v2.3 showing the overlap in the complete Closed Trade PL Label, we can look at that for a fix, but at this time it is not clear if the user was using an outdated version! As for anything else, including MT5, at this time it is only just a consideration for the future.

- Tah
Here is overlapping from 2.3!
Attachments
EURUSDH1.png
EURUSDH1.png (75.02 KiB) Viewed 10859 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

mrmatmaker wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:11 pm
Traderathome wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:28 pm

- Tah
Here is overlapping from 2.3!
Please give be some time to look into PVSRA v2.3 for a possible solution. The problem does not occur here, so any change made will have to be sent to you to test. I might need your email address. Please post it to me in another PM. Thank you.

- tah
RockTheCandles

Post by RockTheCandles »

Traderathome wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:02 am

- Tah

Access Painel.png
Don't understand why you are having this issue. Coding for this has not changed in years and you are the first to report the issue. I suggest you fully explain the coding for "If you are using Symbol Changer this doesn't happen" so I can take a look at what might be the difference. Otherwise, and since our coder....mja...is very busy elsewhere, I won't be able to address this. Thank you.

- Tah
I´ve got the same Problem.....
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

RockTheCandles wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:48 pm

Access Painel.png

- Tah
I have no idea why only 2 folks out of 1400+ members are having a time lag changing symbols. With our template....AND ONLY OUR TEMPLATE....you should be able to drag any symbol from Market Watch to the chart and have that populate almost immediately!

- Tah
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Traderathome wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:51 am
RockTheCandles wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:48 pm

- Tah
I have no idea why only 2 folks are reporting having a time lag changing symbols. With our template....AND USING ONLY OUR TEMPLATE....you should be able to drag any symbol from Market Watch to the chart and have that populate almost immediately! Please periodically check PVSRA Downloads and use the latest release!

- Tah
Vini_91

Post by Vini_91 »

Hello Musketeers, I'm having trouble setting up the symbol changer in pvsra 2.3, I would like to leave it as in the example below but I couldn't, could someone help me?

A new PVSRA v2.4 release is being made between now and thru the weekend. I suggest you wait for it. It will appear here and on page 1 of our Forex Factory forum. - Tah
Attachments
Ex.png
Ex.png (61.99 KiB) Viewed 10342 times
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hello Im sorry if this question was answered already, but I could not find the answer while browsing the threads.

Every time when I change instrument or sometimes timeframe my access panel and Trade levels are removed from the chart. Please help

Frankly, I have no idea why that is happening, and at this point apparently only for you! Probably, it is a simple matter of you not entering the symbols EXACTLY as they appear in MARKET WATCH....as instructed in the indicator inputs! Anyway, PVSRA v2.4 is released. Until I have the time to include the download on this site it is available at Forex Factor at the bottom of page #1 of our forum there. I suggest you go there and download it. Here is the link...... https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/540 ... r-analysis
- Tah
Attachments
screenshot_20231112_202329.png
screenshot_20231112_202329.png (117.82 KiB) Viewed 10312 times