Re: Questions & Answers

SuryaArnold

Post by SuryaArnold »

Good evening, Hope you all well,proud to be part of this wonderful community. Do we have or can the experts if possible make video's explaining the strategy pls,thought it would be really helpful for begginners to understand along with the studyhall notes and pdf notes. Thank you so much.

We are traders here, not publishers and vendors! We've done a hell of a lot......(FOR FREE, mind you!)......already! If you are too lazy to take the responsibility to do well your HOMEWORK here, then just move on. There are plenty of other "trading systems" and "courses" out there.....for sale. - Tah
SuryaArnold

Post by SuryaArnold »

Totally understand, i have appreciated the hard work done by you and the contributors, and thank you so much for your kindness for sharing with us, the reason i asked about video tutorials is everybody's understanding level and learning method is different,i am sure there are lot of people in the world who find's (atleast that's how their brain works!) better if they watch video,then read the texts,i don't think this is related to lazy! Everbody's learning capbabilities are differet.
I have no intention to offened /dis respect at all, apologies if projected like that, after all i am here to learn.Thank you, Enjoy your Sunday.

I disagree with "....everybody's understanding level and learning method is different, better (for some) if they watch video then read texts, learning capabilities are different...."

If folks want to learn how to paint a wall, watch a video. If they want to learn higher math or experience the mystery of more rapidly doing picture puzzles, then they need to read, think, re-read and re-think many times, and do, do, do, do, do!" Being successful at trading will not come "video easy"! For anyone that thinks it will, .......good luck. Neither this, nor anything else will work for them. It takes a lot of screen time doing the right things....so experiential knowledge, proper disciplines and cerebral "instincts" can develop! And the first discipline they need is to do their HOMEWORK here! - Tah
SuryaArnold

Post by SuryaArnold »

Good Morning, thank you for your suggestion,sure follow that.Let's all have a good week. 8-)
Brunopjj

Post by Brunopjj »

Andy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:24 pm Hello Im sorry if this question was answered already, but I could not find the answer while browsing the threads.

Every time when I change instrument or sometimes timeframe my access panel and Trade levels are removed from the chart. Please help

Frankly, I have no idea why that is happening, and at this point apparently only for you! Probably, it is a simple matter of you not entering the symbols EXACTLY as they appear in MARKET WATCH....as instructed in the indicator inputs! Anyway, PVSRA v2.4 is released. Until I have the time to include the download on this site it is available at Forex Factor at the bottom of page #1 of our forum there. I suggest you go there and download it. Here is the link...... https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/540 ... r-analysis
- Tah

every time I change the period or change something in the indicator input, like (_Prior_sessions_to_Show =0)
prob.png
prob.png (70.79 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
pronds.png
pronds.png (68.42 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
When I change the value to 100(_Prior_sessions_to_Show =100) in this example, the panel is removed.
acsc.png
acsc.png (86.47 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Traderathome »

Brunopjj wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:09 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:24 pm Hello Im sorry if this question was answered already, but I could not find the answer while browsing the threads.

Every time when I change instrument or sometimes timeframe my access panel and Trade levels are removed from the chart. Please help

Frankly, I have no idea why that is happening, and at this point apparently only for you! Probably, it is a simple matter of you not entering the symbols EXACTLY as they appear in MARKET WATCH....as instructed in the indicator inputs! Anyway, PVSRA v2.4 is released. Until I have the time to include the download on this site it is available at Forex Factor at the bottom of page #1 of our forum there. I suggest you go there and download it. Here is the link...... https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/540 ... r-analysis
- Tah

every time I change the period or change something in the indicator input, like (_Prior_sessions_to_Show =0)prob.pngpronds.png When I change the value to 100(_Prior_sessions_to_Show =100) in this example, the panel is removed.acsc.png
I have no answer to help you with Access Panel dropping out when increasing # of prior session vLines to show. I tried "3", then "100" and without any issues. Maybe during download of the PVSRA file something was corrupted. All I can suggest at this point is do not attempt to draw so many vLines if you do not have the problem when drawing less! And you might do the download again and copy-paste the Access Panel indicator into the proper MT4 file, replacing the current one being used. Restart MT4, to recompile to start using the code of the replacement indicator(s). If any of this helps, please let us know.
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

RedLynx wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:34 am
Traderathome wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:01 pm
Brunopjj wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:09 pm

I have no answer to help you with Access Panel dropping out when increasing # of prior session vLines to show. I tried "3", then "100" and without any issues. Maybe during download of the PVSRA file something was corrupted. All I can suggest at this point is do not attempt to draw so many vLines if you do not have the problem when drawing less! And you might do the download again and copy-paste the Access Panel indicator into the proper MT4 file, replacing the current one being used. Restart MT4, to recompile to start using the code of the replacement indicator(s). If any of this helps, please let us know.
Hello, I would like to mention that I've also been encountering this error for quite some time now. I've reinstalled the indicator and the template several times on different computers, and in all of them, I eventually run into the same error. I've read that it was a problem with the symbols indicator, but even after deletion, the problem persists.

I've had this problem for quite some time now, but I'm glad that it's now being addressed. In the following recording, you can see the error happening live: https://gyazo.com/cce8318d0e19776ef3d7242b1c4fc7f7. As you can see, the error appears once MT4 has to load a "new" timeframe. I've also noticed that the error appears in the experts panel https://gyazo.com/55e4f994973568bcbf4e64e4a73096a9, as if it were some kind of memory allocation issue.

I also wanted to point out that I've been running into this problem with PVSRA versions 2.4 and 2.3 but not v2.

That's my 2 cents on this issue; I hope it provides some light on this problem.

RedLynx
I have not been able to replicate the problem. It would help if someone who has the problem would simply, one by one, drop an indicator from the chart to see if the issue no longer appears. In this manner, at least we might discover if an indicator other than the Access Panel is involved in the issue. Drop Trade Levels and try. Then reload entire template, skip Access Panel and drop News Panel. Then reload entire template and drop Trends instead of News Panel. Etc., etc., etc. I have tried to make this fail on my computer, put it performs flawlessly. Maybe during the download the Access Panel was corrupted? You might download again and replace the files. Might solve the issue for you.
RedLynx

Post by RedLynx »

Traderathome wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:53 am I have not been able to replicate the problem. It would help if someone who has the problem would simply, one by one, drop an indicator from the chart to see if the issue no longer appears. In this manner, at least we might discover if an indicator other than the Access Panel is involved in the issue. Drop Trade Levels and try. Then reload entire template, skip Access Panel and drop News Panel. Then reload entire template and drop Trends instead of News Panel. Etc., etc., etc. I have tried to make this fail on my computer, put it performs flawlessly. Maybe during the download the Access Panel was corrupted? You might download again and replace the files. Might solve the issue for you.
Dear Tah,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue. As requested, I have uploaded a video where I show the issue with the PVSRA 2.4 indicators. Here is the link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve6ISD7zgE8

I hope this video helps in identifying the issue. As you can see, I am consistently able to reproduce the bug. In my case, the bug occurs when loading information from a currency pair.

Kindest regards,
RedLynx
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

RedLynx wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:28 am
Traderathome wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:53 am I have not been able to replicate the problem. It would help if someone who has the problem would simply, one by one, drop an indicator from the chart to see if the issue no longer appears. In this manner, at least we might discover if an indicator other than the Access Panel is involved in the issue. Drop Trade Levels and try. Then reload entire template, skip Access Panel and drop News Panel. Then reload entire template and drop Trends instead of News Panel. Etc., etc., etc. I have tried to make this fail on my computer, put it performs flawlessly. Maybe during the download the Access Panel was corrupted? You might download again and replace the files. Might solve the issue for you.
Dear Tah,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue. As requested, I have uploaded a video where I show the issue with the PVSRA 2.4 indicators. Here is the link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve6ISD7zgE8

I hope this video helps in identifying the issue. As you can see, I am consistently able to reproduce the bug. In my case, the bug occurs when loading information from a currency pair.

Kindest regards,
RedLynx
Seeing that you can reproduce the problem on your system is not helping to solve the problem on your system. In terms of users, this is not a high frequency issue. Only several folks have this issue! So, I suggest you try the experiment I mentioned. Maybe.....maybe not....it will tell us if there is another indicator other than the Access Panel that is contributing to your issue. I cannot solve what I cannot experience on my own system, and most everyone else is not experiencing this issue either.
RecoveringMoonboy

Post by RecoveringMoonboy »

Traderathome wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:23 am
RedLynx wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:28 am
Dear Tah,

Kindest regards,
RedLynx
Seeing that you can reproduce the problem on your system is not helping to solve the problem on your system. In terms of users, this is not a high frequency issue. Only several folks have this issue! So, I suggest you try the experiment I mentioned. Maybe.....maybe not....it will tell us if there is another indicator other than the Access Panel that is contributing to your issue. I cannot solve what I cannot experience on my own system, and most everyone else is not experiencing this issue either.
Hello PVSRA members

I have had this problem to. For me it sometimes delete and sometimes I get it to work good by tweaking settings. Also I have been switching brokers a few times lately due to the fact i trade prop.
I have noticed that different brokers seem to affect the indicators (don't know if this logical or just coincidance).
When I setup the indicators I have taken the following steps to make sure my indicators run as smoothly as possible.
1 - go to under "tools" choose "options" got to the "charts tab" and uncheck "show OHLC"
2 - in the same place as step 1 uncheck the "show trade levels" (lately I have re-checkt it and it gave me no problems)
3 - press F8 and make sure "line chart" is ticked in the "common"tab
4 - from step 3 go to the "colors" tab and make sure "line graph" has the "none" property
5 - when installing indicators use the template provided in the zip file
6 - go to "market watch" (CTRL+M) and right click on any currency and click on "show all" if currency pairs are written EURUSD - GBPUSD then then step 7 can be skipped, but if the dealer has it's pairs like this USDJPYx or USDJPYi or anything similar in the market watch then procede to step 7
7 - press CTRL+i and choose "EDIT" for 7) PVSRA v.2.4 Symbols Set - now if your currency pairs are USDJPY like this don't change anything but some brokers like to do this USDJPYx or USDJPYi - so now you change all the pairs you want to match what your dealer has in the market watch.

if you do it like this you have done everything like it is said in the explanation on the site. Here are steps to do to fix things (sort of):
1 - start from your original templ;ate and build a custom from there, save it and use it to just reset the screen from there
2 - begin switching time frames. Once it deletes your indicators keep switching thru all of them till you have had them all
3 - now right click on screen and go to templates and put back the whole template
4 - now begin to switch between the symbols on the bottom of your screen until the indicators disappear. Once this happens keep switching till you have had all the buttons
5 - repeat step 3
6 - everything should work smooth now for a while. Repeat these steps for every new chart you make

This is not a fix for the indicator itself but it is a reasonable way to keep using the indicator until somebody figures out why some people have this problem and others not.

I have noticed that the problems are different for every broker I use. I had to change brokers a lot lately and a prefectly good working setup crashed when i put in my new account details and I had to reinstall and repeat all the steps above again. With PurpleTrading i had everything working without problems and going to ThinkMarkets I could not make the indicators work as well.
Now I mostly have problems when I switch to the M1 timeframe and can not use it anymore. Other then that everything works okayish.
I use the whole setup with Symbol Set indicator to look for oppertunity's because this one is prone to deleting very fast and then I swithc to a second MT4 instalment and drop a new chart with the pair I want to trade/dive deeper into. Today suddenly I noticed that the chart with Symbol Set indicator worked much better. I have no idea why because I did not make any changes.

A few other tips:
1 don't use to many other indicators, certanly not complicated ones
2 don't make unnesecary tweaks to the Acces Panel indicator

Hope i helped a few people....
Attachments
trade levels ohlc.png
trade levels ohlc.png (21.53 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
market watcg.png
market watcg.png (200.04 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
mrmatmaker

Post by mrmatmaker »

Hey I am trying to use Range Daily / Range Weekly highs and lows in TradingView but I cannot replicate the formula so I cannot trade the system on tickers not in MT4 :(
Could you help to share the formula?

The PVSRA template....all of the features....has only been coded for the MetaQuotes MT4 trading platform. Due to the hard work of many people over a number of years....all freely given....this code is NOT OPEN SOURCE! Why? Simply....and unfortunately.....there are also many who would take it and sell it to others! This is the kind of world we live in. So, for now, this is the way things remain. - Tah