Re: Questions & Answers

Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: "Stopping Volume"

Post by Traderathome »

zan wrote:Hello all happy new year,i would like improve my knowledge regarding(stopping volume) i think i get it ,but would like to be sure.Tahs most recent post USD JPY short trade pointed this out,good time to ask.perhaps a brake down of this stopping volume area would be a great help .Thanks enjoy your weekend.ZAN.
"Stopping Volume"

Folks, this term refers to when we see relatively high volume coming in after some sort of a run. I know this sounds vague right from the start, but after all, what about the market is not vague? Huh?! When the volume histogram shows such a thing happening, we need to be on our toes. This does not have to be huge volume relative to all the volume across the histogram. It only has to be relatively high compared to the "average" volume across the histogram. What might be happening is that the MMs are suddenly coming in to absorb all the orders that are pushing the price in the direction it has been going.

Let's say price is going down, and then we see it start to slow or even stall while higher volume comes in. What might be happening is that the MMs are absorbing all the sell orders left over when other counterparties with buy orders dry up. The MMs start buying in such manner as the price ceases to drop rapidly, or even stops dropping altogether. Now the MMs have longs at low prices. Where do you think they are going with the price next,.........eventually.?

"Next" might be right away or after the MMs range price to see if they can accumulate more longs. If ranging occurs, then for how long? We simply cannot know,.....a vagueness of the market, folks.

And why would the MMs even bother to stop the price from dropping? Nice question. Perhaps the next prominent move will be the start of a bull swing and the MMs were stop hunting longs and accumulating longs on the move down, to be in better shape for a bull swing. Or, perhaps the move down was nothing more than a move to sucker in shorts, in which case the next move.....when it comes.....is still likely to be back up, maybe to the previous high area of ranging, where the MMs might range it again while they close those longs at profit and work to accumulate more shorts. See? Another vagueness of the market.

We cannot know how the price will move next! What just happened? Why? What does it mean? WE CANNOT KNOW! What we can know is that something of importance just happened and it might mean the game is changing, or at least changing from what we thought it was. We should force ourselves into constant awareness of this fact. And then we can appreciate the simplicity of our TVT20 "FIFO" trading method. As the MMs whip and whack price thru the week, moving it both long and short distances, both with and against whichever "trend" you think some higher TF chart depicts, there will be these TVT20 "FIFO" setups. And they don't care about HTF trends! Look for decent setups. Gauge where the EP looks to be relative to overall PA. Don't go for it if the setup is for a short and already PA is low relative to the last lows, or if the setup is for a long and already PA is high relative to the last highs. Be sure there are decent TVT20 "FIFO" pips to be made before PA reaches the next major SR.

Well, you get the picture. We need to stay aware of new PVSRA clues thrown into the mix. We need to be able to change our thinking (bias) as new things happen. You probably noted that I did not do this on my UJ short trade. When the "double bottom" appeared, I was so set on the possibility of UJ going on down to at least previous major lows by the end of the week, that I let the trade ride. As punishment, I watched PA return to the area of my EP and later drop again, but not quite so far as where I could have easily closed the trade after seeing the "double bottom". So, I missed out on being able to make the same trade twice, and profiting twice....with more profit overall.

And so,......here is a good place to repeat an oft expressed thought. "We need to trade what we see. Not what we believe." .....Not even what we believe to be possible! Our TVT20 "FIFO" setup is a good trading method. Gets us in and out daily, exposing our assets the least amount to sudden bad happenstances, including Black Swan events. Sure, like anything else, they are fraught with possibilities for head fakes and stop hunts. But once they get going, they are good for decent pips for the day. We just need to be good trade managers, folding small red on head fakes and stop hunts.....even not knowing for sure if an adverse move is one of them! We can always hop back in later if PA again gives us what we are looking for. If we are in a trade and PVSRA shows us a new clue that something relatively more important is now happening (no matter what it might mean for future PA and the TVT20 trade), close the trade and wait to see more of what happens.

And "stopping volume" is one of those relatively more important events.

- Tah :)
Attachments
feb-007.png
feb-007.png (93.2 KiB) Viewed 9091 times
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Thanks Tah for your time and effort,another piece placed in the puzzle. :)
rmieck

Post by rmieck »

Hello there,

I'm really learning a lot from PVSRA lately as I've been reading this forum and some PVSRA PDFs over ForexFactory, like the golden collection of TAH's posts. But I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask regarding some aspects of style and study material.

I don't know how to put it regarding the style question, but in a simple way... Is it possible to use PVSRA consistently trading small targets? Like 3, 4 or even 5 pips? If it's possible then would it have any difference the way PVSRA is approached between the 15M/30M/1H/4H charts and say 1M/5M charts?
Now the origin of this question comes out of curiosity, because if I do choose to trade these charts I believe they don't fit in the forum rules.

The other question comes from finding out the old thread over Forex Factory with 266 pages worth of study material that I'd like to confirm if it still a good source or not now-a-days.

Thank you very much as I highly appreciate what you guys have created called PVSRA!

All the best :)

p.s.: Also, if this is a repeated question and I didn't notice, please delete this post right away, thank you.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

rmieck wrote:Hello there,

I'm really learning a lot from PVSRA lately as I've been reading this forum and some PVSRA PDFs over ForexFactory, like the golden collection of TAH's posts. But I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask regarding some aspects of style and study material.

I don't know how to put it regarding the style question, but in a simple way... Is it possible to use PVSRA consistently trading small targets? Like 3, 4 or even 5 pips? If it's possible then would it have any difference the way PVSRA is approached between the 15M/30M/1H/4H charts and say 1M/5M charts?
Now the origin of this question comes out of curiosity, because if I do choose to trade these charts I believe they don't fit in the forum rules.

The other question comes from finding out the old thread over Forex Factory with 266 pages worth of study material that I'd like to confirm if it still a good source or not now-a-days.

Thank you very much as I highly appreciate what you guys have created called PVSRA!

All the best :)

p.s.: Also, if this is a repeated question and I didn't notice, please delete this post right away, thank you.
Hi rmieck,
of course it is possible, but the most important question here is RR. How will you place SL for 3 pips target move when there can also be spread for example 1.8 pips on bigger range pairs so you start the trade with more than half red trade than your green goal is?
That's why TVT20 seems better idea to me than scalping on the long run. Sometimes when you zoom out a bit M15 chart you see such nice consolidations below/above key level that it is not too optimistic to expect 25 pips move ( from one level to the other). Together with spread this gives you cca 20 pips with SL sometimes even 10 or 15 pips possible, but definitly 25 pips in most of the cases if the entry is not very late.

So it is definitly not against forum rules. You can post M1 or M15 charts without problem. The fact is that the win rate for such small pips target has to be very high to be green consistently . If this fits your personality there is nothing wrong with it. I also lower my target from time to time- especialy on Fridays. But on normal liquidity days such small targets seems too conservative.

BTW, you mentioned trading psichology in your introduction. I'm playing with the idea of including this field at the site for more than a year already but neglected it a bit with my HTF trading journey in the past months... so if you have any suggestions feel free to send me PM and we can get this ball rolling. ;)
Attachments
USDJPYM15 Consolidation 18.2..png
USDJPYM15 Consolidation 18.2..png (85.48 KiB) Viewed 8883 times
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
rmieck

Post by rmieck »

Thank you for the clarification!

Regarding the style, I believe it is possible to apply the "TVT20" methodology for 5 pips with regards of entering on high momentum entries, but this is a curiosity because I don't trade 2 strategies at the same time.

I understand your points very well over R:R ratio, TP/SL and so on... The idea behind that question was since most of the times MM's are (re)accumulating or (re)distributing and create ranges I noticed some possibilities to trade smaller TP, but again, I'm an adept of PVSRA and still going over all the material and applying it whenever I can to further explore what is being teached.

Now with regards of psychology, I'd love to share everything I know for that matter! I'll send you a PM :)

One last question, is it still useful to go through the old PVSRA thread over ForexFactory to study? I'm still doubtful about this =/

Thank you again! All the best :D

Fisher755 wrote:
rmieck wrote:Hello there....
Hi rmieck,
of course it is possible, but the most important question here is RR. How will you place SL for 3 pips target move when there can also be spread for example 1.8 pips on bigger range pairs so you start the trade with more than half red trade than your green goal is?
That's why TVT20 seems better idea to me than scalping on the long run. Sometimes when you zoom out a bit M15 chart you see such nice consolidations below/above key level that it is not too optimistic to expect 25 pips move ( from one level to the other). Together with spread this gives you cca 20 pips with SL sometimes even 10 or 15 pips possible, but definitly 25 pips in most of the cases if the entry is not very late.

So it is definitly not against forum rules. You can post M1 or M15 charts without problem. The fact is that the win rate for such small pips target has to be very high to be green consistently . If this fits your personality there is nothing wrong with it. I also lower my target from time to time- especialy on Fridays. But on normal liquidity days such small targets seems too conservative.

BTW, you mentioned trading psichology in your introduction. I'm playing with the idea of including this field at the site for more than a year already but neglected it a bit with my HTF trading journey in the past months... so if you have any suggestions feel free to send me PM and we can get this ball rolling. ;)
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

rmieck wrote:Thank you for the clarification!

One last question, is it still useful to go through the old PVSRA thread over ForexFactory to study? I'm still doubtful about this =/

Thank you again! All the best :D
Sure. It is always good to know how PVSRA developed over time.
PipJedi

Post by PipJedi »

Some thoughts on the philosophy of trading

I would like from time to time share my thought on some issues that bother me. Issue that are rather on a meta-level of trading.

This topic concerns the future of a successfull trader.
Imagine you are very profitable. Wouldn't it be clever from your broker to copy your trades? (The legislative might forbid this, but he will do it nevertheless.)
Your broker can easily copy your trades because he can track the profits and losses of this clients. Then he picks up the most successfull ones and copies their trades.

What will happen? Every time the trader enters a position (say buying), the broker will also buy. He will buy with higher volume. Everntually, this might move up the price some pips. The entry of your broker allone changes the market environment, because the price has risen up because of your entry.

Now let's imagine you are so successful and developped a strategy where you enter right before a bigger move in the market. Your strategy has proven to avoid most of the stop hunting conducted by Smart Money. Smart Money has a ton of strategies to fill their pockets. One of them is to reduce selling pressure when they want the price to be higher. Now comes the huge amount of liquidity from your broker (because he copys you). This will help SM to rise the price since your broker buys long. However SM knows, that at some time, this liquidity will become short liquidity as soon as you (and your broker) close your positions. This is not in favour of SM. They want to avoid this. They do this by stop hunting.
So your order gets copied by your broker, which is not in favour of SM. So they stop hunt both of you.
Even if the short liquidity from you and your broker at higher prices will not bother SM, you triggered an upmove, which will send several signals to the market, which in return influence the behaviour of other traders, which then might not be in favour of SM if they are not ready for the final upmove.
Now let's imagine you and your broker entered your position and placed a stop loss. When SM moves the price up, they want no selling pressure, so they conduct stop hunts. If SM knows where the stops losses are this becomes a problem because they don't care for catching every trader in the marktet but as much as neccessary to maximize their profits. They might want to stop hunt many, but not all traders. They stop hunt until they think price should not fall lower. So you place your stop loss at a level which proved to be great for your strategy. Now your brokers places a huge position stop loss at the same level. What do you think will happen? We do not know, if SM will also like to catch those stops or if they are now more afraid because they would need to offer more of their own liquidity to catch those, which would strengthen the level of your stop loss. But we should assume that this changes the market environment. A changed market environment might influence our strategy positively or negatively. Moreover we do not know how much your broker would buy. It might be enough for a 6 Pips move, maybe a 20 Pips move or maybe no move at all.

What are the outs?
No stop loss, just an emergency stop loss at 500 pips because you can afford this by your strategy? Besides you close your position manually. But then your broker will also do. If his liquidity is too big, he will certainly delay your trade and close his position first. If your recognize this, change your broker! How often can you do this? Are their enough "trustworthy" brokers in the world to move after maybe 6 month of successfull trading when your broker starts to copy and delay you? And yes, I would assume even the most honest broker would finally copy and delay you.

I would appreciate to hear some of your thoughts an that. :-)

PipJedi
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Hi team.The market seems to have been in a fairly tight range for some time now,as I see it and I am wondering why this is so? I understand there may be some concerns of some large world events of recent times, also of course it is a start of a new year.Is it just the ebb and flow of the market? Are the robber mms on holiday spending their profits :lol: It seems to me there are far less trading opportunities of late. I did note GBP/JPY made a nice move last London session. Nice to see,how ever the market range overall still seems tight.I guess I am asking is their any real reason for this? Cheers- Zan
Traderathome

Re: Market Seems Tightly Ranging?

Post by Traderathome »

zan wrote:Hi team.The market seems to have been in a fairly tight range for some time now,as I see it and I am wondering why this is so? I understand there may be some concerns of some large world events of recent times, also of course it is a start of a new year.Is it just the ebb and flow of the market? Are the robber mms on holiday spending their profits :lol: It seems to me there are far less trading opportunities of late. I did note GBP/JPY made a nice move last London session. Nice to see,how ever the market range overall still seems tight.I guess I am asking is their any real reason for this? Cheers- Zan
Market Seems to be Tightly Ranging?

If it is, it might have something to do with the end of February coming very soon now. Maybe SM has placed orders to close positions and the MMs now have the prices in those areas, and want to create the liquidity needed to close those positions. One can only guess.

Take your favorite pair(s). Sometimes they are ranging: wide or tight. Sometimes they are trending: up or down. Who knows why? Does it make any difference what the reason might be? We still would not know how the MMs might decide to move prices next!

What we have here works.

-Tah :)
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

PipJedi wrote:Some thoughts on the philosophy of trading

I would like from time to time share my thought on some issues that bother me. Issue that are rather on a meta-level of trading.

This topic concerns the future of a successfull trader.
Imagine you are very profitable. Wouldn't it be clever from your broker to copy your trades? (The legislative might forbid this, but he will do it nevertheless.)
Your broker can easily copy your trades because he can track the profits and losses of this clients. Then he picks up the most successfull ones and copies their trades.

What will happen? Every time the trader enters a position (say buying), the broker will also buy. He will buy with higher volume. Everntually, this might move up the price some pips. The entry of your broker allone changes the market environment, because the price has risen up because of your entry.

Now let's imagine you are so successful and developped a strategy where you enter right before a bigger move in the market. Your strategy has proven to avoid most of the stop hunting conducted by Smart Money. Smart Money has a ton of strategies to fill their pockets. One of them is to reduce selling pressure when they want the price to be higher. Now comes the huge amount of liquidity from your broker (because he copys you). This will help SM to rise the price since your broker buys long. However SM knows, that at some time, this liquidity will become short liquidity as soon as you (and your broker) close your positions. This is not in favour of SM. They want to avoid this. They do this by stop hunting.
So your order gets copied by your broker, which is not in favour of SM. So they stop hunt both of you.
Even if the short liquidity from you and your broker at higher prices will not bother SM, you triggered an upmove, which will send several signals to the market, which in return influence the behaviour of other traders, which then might not be in favour of SM if they are not ready for the final upmove.
Now let's imagine you and your broker entered your position and placed a stop loss. When SM moves the price up, they want no selling pressure, so they conduct stop hunts. If SM knows where the stops losses are this becomes a problem because they don't care for catching every trader in the marktet but as much as neccessary to maximize their profits. They might want to stop hunt many, but not all traders. They stop hunt until they think price should not fall lower. So you place your stop loss at a level which proved to be great for your strategy. Now your brokers places a huge position stop loss at the same level. What do you think will happen? We do not know, if SM will also like to catch those stops or if they are now more afraid because they would need to offer more of their own liquidity to catch those, which would strengthen the level of your stop loss. But we should assume that this changes the market environment. A changed market environment might influence our strategy positively or negatively. Moreover we do not know how much your broker would buy. It might be enough for a 6 Pips move, maybe a 20 Pips move or maybe no move at all.

What are the outs?
No stop loss, just an emergency stop loss at 500 pips because you can afford this by your strategy? Besides you close your position manually. But then your broker will also do. If his liquidity is too big, he will certainly delay your trade and close his position first. If your recognize this, change your broker! How often can you do this? Are their enough "trustworthy" brokers in the world to move after maybe 6 month of successfull trading when your broker starts to copy and delay you? And yes, I would assume even the most honest broker would finally copy and delay you.

I would appreciate to hear some of your thoughts an that. :-)

PipJedi
Thanks for pointing this out. I don't think it is likely scenario, but it is possible ( low % probability but we can never know). If you are profitable this is very small problem if problem at all. Beside this, there are EAs existing for managing the trade with hiding SL and TP and place fake SL and TP for the broker to see. They might be able to see the code of course so it is a loop...still I think this is manageable and sweet problem not so difficult to deal with.
Iscalp1117

Post by Iscalp1117 »

Hi all.

I have taken time to really master the way the MM work price to where they want it. I just wanted to ask something.

The concept of looking "left" E.g I see a large mark up phase and then a mark down phase occurs taking out the previous positions made in the previous mark up phase. I always see this pattern occurring and was wondering am I interpreting this correctly?
Patience...can only be acquired through God.
Traderathome

Re: Mark Up, Mark Down Phases

Post by Traderathome »

Iscalp1117 wrote:Hi all.

I have taken time to really master the way the MM work price to where they want it. I just wanted to ask something.

The concept of looking "left" E.g I see a large mark up phase and then a mark down phase occurs taking out the previous positions made in the previous mark up phase. I always see this pattern occurring and was wondering am I interpreting this correctly?
Please attach a chart annotated to illustrate what you are asking. Better for you in terms of the quality of reply someone might provide, better for the person replying to fully understand your question, and most importantly.....better for all PVSRA Musketeers that are here to learn and share.

metrobot

Post by metrobot »

Hi PVSRA'ers
I have a question about how some of you scan, analyse, and organise your charts. I realise that everyone is different but I'm hoping to find the most efficient way possible. Here's my process:
I trade from a single screen. I wake up a couple of hours before the London open.
Generally I have 8 pairs that I look at. Each pair is saved as a profile consisting of 4 TF's: 4hr 1hr 15m 5m. The typical PVSRA 4 chart set up.
I'll typically start analysis on the 4hr sometimes switching it to the D1 if needed. This chart has has the 25wgt trend instead of the usual 50 ema. I'll take notes and write them down, I'll draw my objects and write my comments on the chart. I'll then use an object copier script to copy and paste all my drawings and comments from the 4H to the 15m chart. The 15m chart uses the standard PVSRA template. I'll then place price alerts at significant areas to keep me on track.
The regular MT4 alert is just a dinging sound and is useless if you have several alerts set on different pairs, so I recorded my voice speaking out each FX pair and placed each file in the sounds folder. when I place an alert I simply click it to open the alert editor dialog box and set the source to the corresponding sound file. When price hits an alert on EURUSD the alerts says "Euro dollar" instead of just making a dinging sound.
I also have 2 other "overview" profiles that consist of 4 charts each. Each chart is of one of the pairs so I can keep an eye on 4 pairs at a time. I'll have also copied my objects from the individual pairs profiles to each of the "overview" charts. I'll switch between the 2 "overview" profiles to keep an eye on all 8 pairs (or the pairs that have peaked my interest). These charts use the regular PVSRA template with an added 25wgt trend so I can switch between lower and higher timeframes if need be.
So thats the way I do it and I works pretty well. The copying and pasting can get tedious because once you have copied objects from a chart and pasted it to another you have to go back and re-copy it again..it's not a big deal but like I said it can get a little tedious.
However, I once dragged a pair from the market watch onto a new chart and all the drawings I had made on the other profile appeared on the new chart. I haven't been able to duplicate this. It would be great to do it this way as it would eliminate the need to go back and forth copying and pasting between the profiles.
Any thoughts on this?
-M
P.S anyone is welcome to the scripts or sound files. I can up-load them if need be. :D
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by runner »

I have problem here, I'm using ubuntu, and wine to run metatrader. After applying PVSRA indicator, the metatrader stuck. But its run well when Im using my windows.

Any advice or suggestion? thanks
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
metrobot

Post by metrobot »

I tried wine and had troubles... Ended up buying parallels and it's worked very well.
Traderathome

Re: Welcome, Pier-Rafa......

Post by Traderathome »

Pier-Rafa wrote:Hello

I am an Italian trader. My english is very bad, sorry !!!
I'm very happy to stay here and can read and learn about PVRSA.
Thanks lot at TAH

Pier
Dear Pier-Rafa,

Thank you for making your Introduction. And thank you for thanking me, but.......

.....I am just the gardener here on the PVSRA estate, making sure things stay neat, clean and appealing. There are many other devoted PVSRA Musketeers here that keep the energy level up via their trade postings with nice illustrations to help others see what they saw when they made the trade. These devoted PVSRA Musketeers deserve your thanks, surely as much as I do,.....probably more. And do not forget Fisher755, who runs amuck all over the place, but has the eye for success. Nor forget qFish, without whose help programing this site we'd all be,........well lets not go there. We all owe more than we know to Fisher755 and to qFish.

So, welcome, Pier-Rafa. And good success to you, fellow PVSRA Musketeer.

pavloff

Post by pavloff »

Dears,
I share with you a weekly report, being published to show number of positions (long or short) set-up by traders in Financial Futures;
The question is, how can we interpret this information in order using PVSRA to look for better opportunities?

I know there are institutional traders here, who can support us with this.

http://www.cftc.gov/dea/futures/financial_lf.htm

Wish you successful and profitable day
Traderathome

Re: Weekly Futures Reports are a Week Late!

Post by Traderathome »

pavloff wrote:Dears,
I share with you a weekly report, being published to show number of positions (long or short) set-up by traders in Financial Futures;
The question is, how can we interpret this information in order using PVSRA to look for better opportunities?

I know there are institutional traders here, who can support us with this.

http://www.cftc.gov/dea/futures/financial_lf.htm

Wish you successful and profitable day
Well, those reports culminate a week of change, and then are released another week later! So, some of what that data is based on is as much as two week old! And, what do you think happens during the additional week those reports are held (intentionally) from being released? We recommend much smaller TF trading (TVT20 FIFO), using whatever higher TF charts you wish to see what relatively current (emphasis on "current") PVSRA indications might exist to deny or support what setup you see on M15 (or M5 sometimes).

I sometimes wonder at the purpose of publications by the False Regulator, CFTC. Who would ever trade on data that is a week to two week old? Therefore, what trader would even be interested in it? With that crap being up to two weeks old, there is absolutely no telling what has already changed, and maybe significantly, before you get your first look at it! Personally, I think this is just more "make work" bullshit from the False Regulator CFTC to help justify their existence and support the "deceive and thieve" operations of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Robber Banks behind it.

Remember, it is the CFTC (and NFA) that have put the screws to USA residents that wish to trade currencies. The list of their dictates is obscene, including First In-First Out order of trade closure, no hedging allowed, and no funding of accounts via checks.....all designed to make USA residents' trading higher risk while increasing the cost of moving money, so the Robber Banks make more both ways! Yes, they put FXCM out of business for shady dealings. But they are still False Regulators, ultimately sucking up to the Robber Banks more than anything else. And if they had their ultimate wish, they'd put all FX brokers out of business and force everyone to trade thru the Chicago Mercantile Exchange,......and give them free Chicago Mercantile Exchange reports to help them. :lol:

Such reports might be good for bean counters looking to map a history of how much went where and when, which probably only the Robber Banks really care about. They are also good for lining the bottom of your bird cage.

PipJedi

Post by PipJedi »

Regarding reports, I watched the ECB press conference today. To sum it up, Draghi said something like "we keep the rate unchanged as long as necessary". Everytime he he pronounced any significant word (risk, euro, interest rate unchanged, etc) the market moved. Obviously some algo trading. Interestingly the conclusion is two parts. 1) unchanged: bad for euro. 2) as long as necessary: undesisive for euro. After all, the euro rose. Well, I know how central banks work and how markets should response to actions of central banks in general. But I do not know how markets valuate the words of Draghi or Yellen.
To sum this post up, I expected the euro to weaken according to Draghis words (I do not trade news). As we saw, the Euro did quite the opposite.
Traderathome

Re: ECB....ABC...XYZ.....

Post by Traderathome »

Why bother putting "Speaks" (Draghi, Yellen, anyone) under the microscope with an eye to see how market price fluctuates on every key word spoken? Really, what is the point? Do we think any instantaneous PA based on utterances will signal a whopper, sure fire trade to come? Get real! :lol:

Why make this any more difficult that it already is. The Robber Bank MMs are deceivers and "thievers". How do you know they have not planned some little PA to be played out during "Speaks" in order to trick market participants into doing exactly what the MMs need them to do in order to get liquidity to fill SM orders doing just the opposite? Do you really think the Robber Bank MMs.....that totally control price action.....are ever going to so easily reveal the truth of their plans? :lol:

Our job is to be profitable. And our method is to rely on the fact that no matter what happens.....from Black Swan event, to Draghi being found drunk in a brothel, to Mrs. Yellen getting her nails redone.....there will always be both bull and bear swings. We need only to recognize that fact (because the MMs need those swings to create liquidity to fill SM orders), and patiently wait for them to be well set up. Forget the speeches, forget the reports,....just know when they come and don't attempt to second guess what is going to happen by being in a trade when they do come. Instead, patiently watch the charts for the swing setups.

I truly believe we only need charts. So called "news" and releases are mostly nothing more than excuses for the MMs to move prices one way, or opportunities to steal by suddenly moving prices just the opposite way from what would seem the logical way. Sometimes they result in the MMs moving prices both ways! Sometimes the MMs front run, so the action is over when the release comes, and the MMs hang PA out to dry (maybe for days), forcing the market to trade in a new area to give the MMs the liquidity they need to build ahead of the next move. Sometimes their is no front running, there is no remarkable PA at the release.....there is nada.....just more ranging until sometime later (not necessarily even the same day) the Robber Banks will suddenly move PA, a delayed response so MMs could drum up more liquidity to fill SM orders before they made the move.

I truly believe we only need charts. It is just too sad that we have to endure all this other crap that is nothing but static, interference, distracting noise. Turn it off and you will be a happier camper.