Re: Questions & Answers

kulxnest

Post by kulxnest »

kulxnest wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:57 am
mja wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:41 am your processor is kinda slow. try reducing opened instrument windows.other than that, from mt4 log perspective is fine.
i remove the news panel and everything is working fine.......it seems its the news panel that is causing the freezing

You might try changing display setting from "3" to "1", only showing highest impact items. See if that works for you.- Tah
Thanks Tah, I will do that!
Fisher755
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: HFS: Hold, Fold, Switch ....by "runner"

Post by Fisher755 »

runner wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:05 am
Traderathome wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:26 pm "Hold, Fold, Switch"

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I know of no person so adept at riding the coattails of the MMs as is our member "runner". To my knowledge, "runner" coined the phrase "HFS: Hold, Fold, Switch", and it has a lot to do with his success. And there is a lot to learn from runner's posted trades since HFS is involved as a discipline, whether it had to be acted upon with a trade being closed (or closed and switched) or did not have to be acted upon. We are fortunate to have runner as a member, participating and sharing.

Because a large percentage of traders have difficulty bringing themselves to close losing trades before they get to be BIG LOSING TRADES, and then have even more difficulty keeping themselves from adding to BIG LOSING TRADES, the HFS discipline is the best partner to our PVSRA core trade management discipline of trading very, very light relative to account equity. So, to help all PVSRA Musketeers understand HFS, here is a synopsis:

HFS: What to do When PA Goes to Wrong Side of Dragon.

1) Wait to see if PA also breaks nearest SR on wrong side of Dragon.
  • Yes? Fold!
  • No? Hold!
2) If "No? Hold!", then wait to see if PA ranges and later breaks the range in the wrong direction.
  • Yes? Fold!!
  • No? Hold!
3) Whenever "Yes? Fold!", assess for new direction "Switch trade".

4) Whenever "No? Hold!", sit on hands and continue to monitor your trade!

HFS is a profitable discipline for traders. I thank runner for his participation here and annotating his posted trades for HFS considerations. I also welcome runner's corrections and/or additional thoughts on HFS as described here.

Sincerely,
:) Tah
TAH,

Thanks, but I think it's not me who coin that HFS term. I believe someone at FF or here. Anyway, I'm not fully interpret things technically, I also always lookin at news feed for the dynamic of the market. Probably I'm too complicated, but IMHO it always important at big events. Somehow any comments, tweets, can change the direction of the movement and MM's/Algo work faster than any retails. We might have dispute here, but of course, u can always negate me too, since it seems not inline or contradict the core PVRSA ideology :D .

Dear runner,

We have no dispute here. Not at all! mja tells me you are a "fundamentals" kind of guy. You are a good trader with quick responses. But not many are so adept as you are with keeping up with moment to moment changes in "fundamentals", and quick responses to them that are correct. This is why "HFS" is presented more mechanically, based on what does happen on the chart rather than what might happen there or elsewhere. :) Tah
Hi runner,

HFS is Denmas'es term, but this is not what Tah wanted to say. What Tah wanted to say is that you are implementing HFS well and show the path for others as a good example ( i.e. Tah was grateful and wanted to point this out).

Ufortunately being good at HFS requires expirience and fast thinking ( preplanned action helps speed up reaction) so it can take years to develope for many. So your trading shows both experience and fast thinking which is something to admire and in my opinion higly important for having consistent success.... :D
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Fisher755

Re: Can I Adapt PVSRA to My Strategy?

Post by Fisher755 »

firewallcj wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:24 pm
Traderathome wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:42 am
firewallcj wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:49 am Hi there,
As a swing trader, how can i adapt PVSRA to my strategy? There's any rules to apply differently? Any suggestions to follow?

Best regards,
Will
You have a strategy already? Great, but you don't know yet what PVSRA is! You have not yet applied yourself to the HOMEWORD required here. If you had, you would understand some details about PVSRA (which you do not) and why your question is already answered. Every day that goes by here we are faced with "incoming" that don't bother to read all we have provided before asking questions. Most, in fact, cannot read English (so how so they expect to learn here and participate here?) or choose not to read and follow the Registration Instructions, leading to 90% deleted weekly (on a daily basis). We know most come and use translators to make a "good sounding" Introduction post, thinking they can get our free download and leave...not realizing in their ignorance they can get the free download without doing ANYTHING!

So, if it is the download you came for, take it with our blessing. But if you came here to be a part of HERE, and grow more successful and to help others HERE, enjoying all that we have and do HERE, …….start reading. Do your HOMEWORK, please. Much will be revealed and you will not be disappointed as time goes on.

:) - Tah
In fact, i dont even use translator on this particular forum. Furthermore, ive already read posts on study hall, because of that, im asking for a bit further advices. My strategy is already built along with my indicators which i have backtested and fowardtested. So, if the (majority) of information that i collect append Psvrsa to a M15 and smallers timeframes, its totally legitimate to ask if this system can be integrated on dialy timeframe (and how different readings that i've to know).
Best regards!
Actualy it is very simple and tah is right. PVSRA is not a trading method- it is analisys method . You can adapt PVSRA to any trading method- scalping, intraday, swing trading and you have a proof of that all over this forum and even all over the internet .

But guys never forget that there is also probability part and money management part that has nothing to do with PVSRA or trading method . While reading the posts here- not just yours I get the feeling that a lot of traders here overlook this. How can you know if something actually works for you if you don't have big enough sample size ( hundreds of trades executed) and if you do not have proper risk management??!!

Pardon my words but without good money management a holy grail could be given to you ( not that it exists) and you would still be able to fuck it up. :D
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Skyllo wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:36 am Dear Tah,

There are some contradiction in my mind about your risky trade 'building along with MMs'. I read many post about it, especially in old thread in FF, and sometime your post in this forum. Using PVSRA we know what they are building, but we never know how far and when they run market for profit. Yes, you told us to use relative light lot and close before loss reach 3 percent.

But what happen if they drops hundreds pips before bull and make my account MC, or just drops 3,5 percent and market pullback, or run profit in next months? I am just afraid fall into overconfidence, or the worst is hope to market. 'I am using PVSRA and my analysis is always right so i will hold entry till they run for profit'. I hope you can give me some enlightenment about this or how you handle your risky trade with this contradiction?

thanks a lot

What if you just trade TVT 20 FIFO, trading very light relative to equity and close trades before light green or light red goes to deep red.....TVT20 FIFO refers to profits within the day and within a reasonable pips move......and you would hold such a trade, just looking at it while MMs run it "...hundreds pips...." against you? That being the case, get out of this business.

:naughty: - Tah
Hi skyllo,

I would like to add to this.

Lets say you plan to go long GU because there was a long consolidation below whole level and the price broke up before London open. In such case I would be careful and devide my trade size into 3 to 5 EPs, sometimes more - depending where my stop placement is . If the stop is wide I would definitly scale in towards my stop and stack the trade even if PA came back below trend because MMs are first class manipulators- I can do everything right and still be stopped out BUT the most important thing is when I lose I do it small thats why sometimes stacking EPs is very useful. Also do not forget that one single trade means nothing and you can never know if one particular trade will work out or not. But based on large number of trades executed you can know what the outcome long term will be.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

zan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:18 am So, Skyllo has been kind to reply to me regarding post above,now is the time to ask ...have any others here had problems with MT4 platform,so I can try to solve this problem?thanks again. :shock:
Hi Zan

Since the Corona ALL the brokers servers are down for some periods of times. It can last half a day long, but usualy it takes few minutes to half an hour at best brokers. While server is down the SL is not respected so for the next few weeks or couple of months you have to count on this before you place a trade. Firstly you have to adapt new daily ranges with your lot size because they are 4-10X bigger then before the corona and secondly you have to have this server down thingy in the back of your mind at all times and so the only solution to not get emmotional about this is to decrease the lot size further . You know that most of the times I scalp the mkt or TVT20 so my exits are fast most of the time and it still happened to me that multiple platforms were down while I was in the trade . At this moment you cannot work around this any other way - you can only reduce your risk.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

kulxnest wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am
mja wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:41 am your processor is kinda slow. try reducing opened instrument windows.other than that, from mt4 log perspective is fine.
Will try to do that, I have 15 pairs on my watch list (open window)
Because of corona the schools around the world are using internet all days long and because of much worse internet connections these days MT4 terminals are overloaded if you use more then 4 charts open at 4GB Ram computers . I am closing charts that I don't need regularly and also delete the history from my PCs at least once a day ( comparing to precorona once a week history deleting) which helps to free up the RAM at slower internet service ....Hope it helps.
VFD

Post by VFD »

Hello,
How do I get permission to download the PVSRA file?

Thanks!

As a properly registered member you can download PVSRA v2 anytime. Permissions are required only for PVSRA v3, as stated in the PVSRA Downloads Topic. - Tah
VFD

Post by VFD »

VFD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:50 pm Hello,
Can anyone tell me if PVSRA can be used on Dukascopy's JForex platform or is it just for MT4?

Clearly MT4 only . Fisher755
Thanks!
VFD

Post by VFD »

VFD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:53 am Hello,
How do I get permission to download the PVSRA file?

Thanks!

As a properly registered member you can download PVSRA v2 anytime. Permissions are required only for PVSRA v3, as stated in the PVSRA Downloads Topic. - Tah
Thank you for your support. I managed to download it. Thanks!
kulxnest

Post by kulxnest »

price hit my tp @ yellow box but didn't close trade is that normal?
Attachments
ONLI.png
ONLI.png (63.67 KiB) Viewed 9232 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

kulxnest wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:57 am price hit my tp @ yellow box but didn't close trade is that normal?
yep (see spread - bid vs ask price difference - for more on this)

Cheers,M

When you short you are selling at the Bid price. To close that short, you must buy out at the Ask price and therefore the Ask price must come down to equal your entered TP price.
When you go long you are buying at the Ask price. To close that long, you must sell off at the Bid price and therefore the Bid price must come up to equal your entered TP price.

Also, you do not need to keep the mt4 trade levels feature on, since our Trade Levels indicator does draw the SL/TP lines as well as the EP lines. So, if you do not need the mt4 lines, you can turn them off and have a cleaner chart.
- Tah
kulxnest

Post by kulxnest »

mja wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:35 am
kulxnest wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:57 am price hit my tp @ yellow box but didn't close trade is that normal?
yep (see spread - bid vs ask price difference - for more on this)

Cheers,M

When you short you are selling at the Bid price. To close that short, you must buy out at the Ask price and therefore the Ask price must come down to equal your entered TP price.
When you go long you are buying at the Ask price. To close that long, you must sell off at the Bid price and therefore the Bid price must come up to equal your entered TP price.

Also, you do not need to keep the mt4 trade levels feature on, since our Trade Levels indicator does draw the SL/TP lines as well as the EP lines. So, if you do not need the mt4 lines, you can turn them off and have a cleaner chart.
- Tah
THANKS MJA
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Please abide in our posting etiquette. We have this etiquette for good reason. Those working to learn to be successful are best helped by all of us when we post our trades using the only authorized template. Why? Simple. Our template is uncluttered and presents the conditions for a trade using only the indicators needed. These conditions have to be learned! Adding other "stuff" to your posted trade chart only detracts from helping others learn these conditions.

Our posting etiquette is the 2nd post in the Orientation Room (viewtopic.php?p=82#p82). Posts showing charts that violate our etiquette will be removed and the member issued a warning. Repeated offenses/multiple warnings will result in deletion of membership.

We are, presumably, all here to learn the skills to be more successful as traders. This is not a place to post for reason of approbation lust, but instead out of a desire to participate with your postings, and in a way that best helps everyone.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Sincerely,
:) -Tah
marcos260795

Post by marcos260795 »

I didn't have the necessary permissions to view the files attached to the post, but I'm logged in, what do I do?
Attachments
erro.PNG
erro.PNG (7.16 KiB) Viewed 9165 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

marcos260795 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:02 pm I didn't have the necessary permissions to view the files attached to the post, but I'm logged in, what do I do?
Registrations must be approved before access to downloads is permitted. This is not an instant happening, as is clearly stated in the Registration Instructions. Your registration is now approved and you should find you have access to the PVSRA v2 download.
marcos260795

Post by marcos260795 »

thank you friend
Traderathome

Re: "News" and Releases......

Post by Traderathome »

News That Might Occur During the Day....

Our PVSRA template includes a panel in the volume sub-window containing a schedule of news and releases for the week. Why? How important is this? What are we supposed to do in response to what it shows? Hang onto your hats...……!

Okay, what can happen when the next up news/release occurs? Price can do one of four things: go up, go down, go nowhere at that time, go somewhere sometime later....a few hours later, even a few days later. If this Is the truth....and it is....what good is it to be aware of upcoming news/releases? What, exactly, are we supposed to do? Well, you can go have a cup of coffee, and here is why...…

The MMs control market prices, not the market buyers and sellers and not the purveyors of "news" and releases (all they do is incite market participants to participate!). And the MMs will move prices when they feel it is the right time and to their advantage to do so. At the time of any news or release, if the MMs do not agree it is the right time then they will stall until they see that it is the right time, which might come in a few hours or days. We can never know and neither can the MMs. But, if anything is going to happen, the MMs will know about it first because it will be the MMs that make the decision to move prices, and in what direction, and for how far in that direction, and with what degree of price whip-whacking in the process! Great, but how does all this help us to know what we are supposed to do about "news"/releases? To put is simply, the upcoming time of "news"/releases is no different than any other moment during the day. Except for the possibility of a "end result" better move, we still can not know what the MMs will do with price next! So, if there is anything we are supposed to do, it is just that! We are to REMEMBER that although there is the possibility of a move, perhaps as a "end result" a better than average distance move, we still cannot know HOW the MMs will move price next....not in what end result direction, not how far in that direction and not HOW MUCH WHIP-WHACKING ALONG THE WAY!

Still not satisfied about what to do? Go have a cup of coffee. Why do I say this? Simple. Our method is not predicated on pouncing on the rarest of moves, the biggest ones made in response to "high impact" releases, the ones that if your pure guess as a gambler is right you win and if wrong you're broke. Our method is predicated on PVSRA, the building up of price action into a setup that is validated by our trends and by preceding PVA (Price/Volume Action) bars at key levels that support the premise of the setup. In other words, we are looking for the buildup to a breakout that is increasingly visible over time and with supporting PVSRA clues. We are not looking to place our bet on the next roll of the dice!

The reason we include on our template that schedule of news and releases for the week is to help you NOT be in a trade when they hit! If you are convinced things are bullish or bearish leading up to a release and want to trade the release with or without a setup (valid setups can quickly become invalid!), then good luck. If you win, great. If you lose, hopefully you don't lose too much. Everyone has the right to trade however they wish, but this is not our method.

Just So You Realize Why We Show It,
:) Tah
xiaotiao89

Post by xiaotiao89 »

Hi all, this is my first post here (I think so). Just now I was surfing other sessions, I saw a lot of new members in the Member's Registration page, I am wondering why there are so many new registered members but just a small amount are posting trades in trading room. Are they just getting the PVSRA template and running away? :think:
This is just my own thinking, hopefully my post does not violent any rules and I hope more members are posting trades and share in the trading room. Lastly, I dont mean to offend anyone pardon me if you are offended.
Cheers,XT89
Wing0407

Post by Wing0407 »

Hello,

I have registered and followed instructions for registration carefully a couple of days ago. I've been learning a lot more by reading and studying in the study hall. Thank you very much for this page. I wish I could be given permission to view attachment in the PVSRA Download section. Please tell me what more to do.

Many more thanks.
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Wing0407 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:39 pm Hello,

I have registered and followed instructions for registration carefully a couple of days ago. I've been learning a lot more by reading and studying in the study hall. Thank you very much for this page. I wish I could be given permission to view attachment in the PVSRA Download section. Please tell me what more to do.

Many more thanks.
Your registration is approved and you now have access to PVSRA v2 Download. - Tah