Re: Questions & Answers

Zerd

Re: Other Trading Rooms for Other Methods?

Post by Zerd »

Traderathome wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:25 am We agree, there are many ways to trade. All of them can be enhanced with HTMRW, PVSRA, TOWYS and trading very light relative to equity. The reasons for the FIFO TP method are simply to avoid the impact of negative swaps, to avoid possible stop out due to wild spread actions at day changeovers, to avoid possible wrong way gaps after weekends and to avoid that seldom, but "never can know when", Black Swan event. Another idea behind our method is to obtain trade results sooner, daily being preferable, so that those getting into trading can experience the entire cycle of a trade in a single day, with profits being preferable, but if losses due to lack of discipline or patience then the next chance to do better comes quickly.

Yes, perhaps we can provide other trading rooms for those very active with their own style, so long as it is not too far off the beaten path, so to speak. We did once before, but it fell to low activity that did not warrant distracting incoming traders with it. We would need traders with a defined method, reasonable success with it, and very active because ongoing posting is what really helps folks stay encouraged and have ingrained into them what is important.

Let's consider this a subject now open for ongoing discussion, and see where it takes us over time.

:) Tah
It's good to hear about that. :D

Happy New Year , :D
aphong

Re: Other Trading Rooms for Other Methods?

Post by aphong »

Traderathome wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:25 am
Zerd wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:01 am Thank for all. I am a longtime member and I am here to follow up after my contributions. Honestly, My trading method on PVSRA system is a bit different, even similar to the first reading method that TAH uses. Compared to all posts following a FIFO method I feel like I'm stuck. Currently, I trade only EURUSD and probably will be the only pair with 1 month for 3 or 4 EP makes it boring and less shared. I think we should have an area reserved for individual traders and not go by the FIFO method like me (there are certainly many other traders).

Actually, the PVSRA system is the foundation of other systems. It is larger and more evolved than the methods in the trading room. This is my personal opinion. Stay here and learn.

Thank for PVSRA and especially TAH. :)
We agree, there are many ways to trade. All of them can be enhanced with HTMRW, PVSRA, TOWYS and trading very light relative to equity. The reasons for the FIFO TP method are simply to avoid the impact of negative swaps, to avoid possible stop out due to wild spread actions at day changeovers, to avoid possible wrong way gaps after weekends and to avoid that seldom, but "never can know when", Black Swan event. Another idea behind our method is to obtain trade results sooner, daily being preferable, so that those getting into trading can experience the entire cycle of a trade in a single day, with profits being preferable, but if losses due to lack of discipline or patience then the next chance to do better comes quickly.

Yes, perhaps we can provide other trading rooms for those very active with their own style, so long as it is not too far off the beaten path, so to speak. We did once before, but it fell to low activity that did not warrant distracting incoming traders with it. We would need traders with a defined method, reasonable success with it, and very active because ongoing posting is what really helps folks stay encouraged and have ingrained into them what is important.

Let's consider this a subject now open for ongoing discussion, and see where it takes us over time.

...Thanks tah ... great to hear that ... it s always a good idea to have a room for creative minds beside the Perfect-Setup room!
I love folks Creativity as long as that would beat MMs harder :lol:
firewallcj

Post by firewallcj »

Hi there,
As a swing trader, how can i adapt PVSRA to my strategy? There's any rules to apply differently? Any suggestions to follow?

Best regards,
Will
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Can I Adapt PVSRA to My Strategy?

Post by Traderathome »

firewallcj wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:49 am Hi there,
As a swing trader, how can i adapt PVSRA to my strategy? There's any rules to apply differently? Any suggestions to follow?

Best regards,
Will
You have a strategy already? Great, but you don't know yet what PVSRA is! You have not yet applied yourself to the HOMEWORD required here. If you had, you would understand some details about PVSRA (which you do not) and why your question is already answered. Every day that goes by here we are faced with "incoming" that don't bother to read all we have provided before asking questions. Most, in fact, cannot read English (so how so they expect to learn here and participate here?) or choose not to read and follow the Registration Instructions, leading to 90% deleted weekly (on a daily basis). We know most come and use translators to make a "good sounding" Introduction post, thinking they can get our free download and leave...not realizing in their ignorance they can get the free download without doing ANYTHING!

So, if it is the download you came for, take it with our blessing. But if you came here to be a part of HERE, and grow more successful and to help others HERE, enjoying all that we have and do HERE, …….start reading. Do your HOMEWORK, please. Much will be revealed and you will not be disappointed as time goes on.

:) - Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Best regards,
Will

I'll add my thoughts here. Short answer in my opinion is Yes. PVSRA as a form of analysis can be adapted to different styles of trading. It all boils down to one thing. PVSRA helps us better understand HTMRW (abbreviation explained in the study hall) and this can be used anywhere ;)

Jump into Study Hall for more on this.

M
firewallcj

Post by firewallcj »

Traderathome wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:42 am

Best regards,
Will
You have a strategy already? Great, but you don't know yet what PVSRA is! You have not yet applied yourself to the HOMEWORD required here. If you had, you would understand some details about PVSRA (which you do not) and why your question is already answered. Every day that goes by here we are faced with "incoming" that don't bother to read all we have provided before asking questions. Most, in fact, cannot read English (so how so they expect to learn here and participate here?) or choose not to read and follow the Registration Instructions, leading to 90% deleted weekly (on a daily basis). We know most come and use translators to make a "good sounding" Introduction post, thinking they can get our free download and leave...not realizing in their ignorance they can get the free download without doing ANYTHING!

So, if it is the download you came for, take it with our blessing. But if you came here to be a part of HERE, and grow more successful and to help others HERE, enjoying all that we have and do HERE, …….start reading. Do your HOMEWORK, please. Much will be revealed and you will not be disappointed as time goes on.

In fact, i dont even use translator on this particular forum. Furthermore, ive already read posts on study hall, because of that, im asking for a bit further advices. My strategy is already built along with my indicators which i have backtested and fowardtested. So, if the (majority) of information that i collect append Psvrsa to a M15 and smallers timeframes, its totally legitimate to ask if this system can be integrated on dialy timeframe (and how different readings that i've to know).
Best regards!
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

firewallcj wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Best regards,
Will

In fact, i dont even use translator on this particular forum. Furthermore, ive already read posts on study hall, because of that, im asking for a bit further advices. My strategy is already built along with my indicators which i have backtested and fowardtested. So, if the (majority) of information that i collect append Psvrsa to a M15 and smallers timeframes, its totally legitimate to ask if this system can be integrated on dialy timeframe (and how different readings that i've to know).
Best regards!
And the answer is in third post you should already have read in the Orientation Room: pvsrainternationalwithtraderathome.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13
And as stated therein,.... lots of screen time working with it in your own method, just like a child learning cross word puzzles. Learning and using PVSRA is not an event. It is a process developing a skill. You are looking for cut and dried indicators....ones to tell you go or don't go. PVSRA is not like that.

aphong

Post by aphong »

firewallcj wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Best regards,
Will

Best regards!
dont ask too much mate! ... just watch, learn & try ... you' re the only one who knows the real answer ... Swing trader, Scalper or Whatever is not important ... the current price/volume is the most crucial .... my 2 cents! :)
Ferhro

Post by Ferhro »

Hi guys,
I would like to know why you have changed the 25wgt to the 100wgt, I noticed that in this last v2 version.

In conjunction with the final preparations for release of PVSRA v3, and during what we consider to be a difficult market December thru February, we have been experimenting with MAs with the objective of setting default values for user controlled external inputs at what we subjectively consider to be optimal, all things being considered. Originally we displayed two MAs: 50 ema/200 ema (recommended) or 34 ema/89 ema (sometimes in choppy mkts). Later we allocated Trend T2 in the Trends indicator to also display as a 25 wgt with the hope to improve discernment of building momentum/proper setup/ BO continuation, etc.

There is a tendency to compensate for choppy PA by using lower period MAs. Unfortunately, when the MMs go to severely whipping and whacking prices even the lowest period MAs become worthless. The alternative is to stick with larger period MAs in hope of keeping a proper perspective as price undergoes severe manipulations by the MMs. Therefore, we are substituting the 100 ema for 25 wgt thru this difficult market period. It is an experiment. We have no idea what conclusions there will be. And even they will be only subjective conclusions.

The bottom line is the 50 ema/200 ema is recommended. Trend T2 is optional. And if you choose to use T2, what you set T2 at is also optional.

mtperessoni

Post by mtperessoni »

Hello guys,

I have a simple question. What is LS and AS? I see this in Study Hall Library, but it was not clear to me what this meaning.

London Session and Asian Session.
Ferhro

Post by Ferhro »

Best regards,
Will
Short answer: I use it for position and swing trade and not only for Forex.
All these almost unlimited possibilities is what make me a big fan.
mtperessoni

Post by mtperessoni »

I was reading the last post in Study Hall "Characteristics of Best Setups" and i found some terms that i don't know what mean.
Can someone help me and explain what these terms means?

1 - B.O
2 - FO-LO hours.(It's relationed whit Frankfurt Open / London Open ?)

Thanks for the support guys!! :mrgreen:

Yes - Tah

Hello Mr.Tah! I appreciated your support :D .
About "B.O" term, what this means?

Read some more posts. - Tah
Skyllo

Post by Skyllo »

Hi tah,

i wanna ask about RWH and RWL. In the case of market break RWH/RWL in beginning of weeks, example on monday or tuesday, where are we can put alternative potential max target price weekly for the days after that? I tend to not trading when weekly range break except i have good setup, so i wanna hear your opinion about it.

thanks a lot
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Skyllo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:52 am Hi tah,

i wanna ask about RWH and RWL. In the case of market break RWH/RWL in beginning of weeks, example on monday or tuesday, where are we can put alternative potential max target price weekly for the days after that? I tend to not trading when weekly range break except i have good setup, so i wanna hear your opinion about it.

thanks a lot
Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

The PVSRA template has functions to highlight possible TPs for our trades: Fibos, Pivots, Day/Week Range lines and Levels. Where the MMs will choose to reverse their manipulated PA at highs and lows is up to them and nobody else. There are days, weeks even, when PA is strangled for range, and others when PA breaks ranges. What matters is a good setup recently preceded with PVA bars located in such places as to seemingly support the trade direction of the setup. If you throttle your expectations for a TP just because things are at the point where a Week Range level is now close to the BO for a setup, you could miss a good run. We cannot know how the MMs will move price next. This not only refers to PA direction, but also to PA distance! In other words, know where significant SR is located, but don't let any one thing affect your bias, not only your bias about direction but also your bias about distance. Our signature trade is the TVT20 (MOL) FIFO, where MOL means "more or less". So, if such a trade fits between setup BO and a Day/Week Range line, there you are. If you take the trade and get less than 20 pips, fine. If the MMs BO the range line and the trade goes for more, that's also fine.

batung

Post by batung »

mtperessoni wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:40 pm I was reading the last post in Study Hall "Characteristics of Best Setups" and i found some terms that i don't know what mean.
Can someone help me and explain what these terms means?

1 - B.O
2 - FO-LO hours.(It's relationed whit Frankfurt Open / London Open ?)

Thanks for the support guys!! :mrgreen:

Yes - Tah

Hello Mr.Tah! I appreciated your support :D .
About "B.O" term, what this means?

Read some more posts. - Tah
Hi
Answer to your question
1 - B.O = Breack Out
2 - FO-LO hours.(It's relationed whit Frankfurt Open / London Open ?) - Yes
ifohits

Post by ifohits »

Hi Guys!

I've been trying to find how to fix the appearance of the access panel on PVSRA template, but no success. Anyone can help me?

There are earlier posts on this. You will have to search back to find. - Tah
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (278.05 KiB) Viewed 14435 times
ifohits

Post by ifohits »

ifohits wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:12 pm Hi Guys!

I've been trying to find how to fix the appearance of the access panel on PVSRA template, but no success. Anyone can help me?

There are earlier posts on this. You will have to search back to find. - Tah
Thank You Tah, finally I solved it.Image
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (143.39 KiB) Viewed 14307 times
Skyllo

Post by Skyllo »

Dear Tah,

There are some contradiction in my mind about your risky trade 'building along with MMs'. I read many post about it, especially in old thread in FF, and sometime your post in this forum. Using PVSRA we know what they are building, but we never know how far and when they run market for profit. Yes, you told us to use relative light lot and close before loss reach 3 percent.

But what happen if they drops hundreds pips before bull and make my account MC, or just drops 3,5 percent and market pullback, or run profit in next months? I am just afraid fall into overconfidence, or the worst is hope to market. 'I am using PVSRA and my analysis is always right so i will hold entry till they run for profit'. I hope you can give me some enlightenment about this or how you handle your risky trade with this contradiction?

thanks a lot

What if you just trade TVT 20 FIFO, trading very light relative to equity and close trades before light green or light red goes to deep red.....TVT20 FIFO refers to profits within the day and within a reasonable pips move......and you would hold such a trade, just looking at it while MMs run it "...hundreds pips...." against you? That being the case, get out of this business.

:naughty: - Tah
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Hi all, best place to post this for now,are any members here using CMC Markets on their MT4 platform.And if so have you experienced any issues .eg unable to open/close trades,at random times,most disturbing a hard stop loss function not working( as in NOT closing a trade at your chosen stop placement? Thankyou. :o
Skyllo

Post by Skyllo »

zan wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:22 am Hi all, best place to post this for now,are any members here using CMC Markets on their MT4 platform.And if so have you experienced any issues .eg unable to open/close trades,at random times,most disturbing a hard stop loss function not working( as in NOT closing a trade at your chosen stop placement? Thankyou. :o
I am not using CMC Market, but face same problem, especially close order. Yesterday when i executed script close all, mt4 notified me that order cant closed by some problem. This happened 5 times, till my SL+ kissed by market. I tried again,, but the script still doesnt works. So i closed manually, and its okay.

NB: my script works well for close GBPUSD this morning.