Re: Questions & Answers

Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

In the 'library study room', I see a lot of the initials PA and EP, EPs, which means these initials in PVSRA v2, I'm studying in my spare time, I'm asking this question to make my reading easier. thanks. :think:

EP= Entry Point, PA= Price Action. You will find these and others both in Indicator User Notes in Downloads Room as well as in many posts and charts posted on this site. - Tah
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

Jonatas Alves wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:09 pm In the 'library study room', I see a lot of the initials PA and EP, EPs, which means these initials in PVSRA v2, I'm studying in my spare time, I'm asking this question to make my reading easier. thanks. :think:

EP= Entry Point, PA= Price Action. You will find these and others both in Indicator User Notes in Downloads Room as well as in many posts and charts posted on this site. - Tah

Thank you very much for your attention and help.

Tah
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

How to choose the best currency pair to trade using the PVSRA TVT20 (MOL) FIFO method in the london session?
Thanks .
:?:

Okay, I love this question! It speaks of a desire to learn how to know which currency pair is going to move the best. And my easy answer is...…

We can never, never, never, EVER know how the MMs will move price next! How many times must this be read, must this be reflected upon, must this be accepted as TRUTH, before believing it and focusing instead on DISCIPLINING ONESELF to deal with it by executing proper trading management? :naughty:

Monitor the market for cherry setups. It is highly unlikely there will be a multiplicity of them on the same day. Days will go by without any! If you decide to chance something less than a cherry setup, your risk is increased. Whenever there are multiple setups (of any "quality"), it could turn out the one looking best to start with ends up being the worse one to have selected (HTMRW). Therefore, in any and all cases....no matter how good a setup looks to begin with....your ultimate success as a trader is TOTALLY dependent on you having the discipline to CONDUCT ALL TRADING with proper trading management!

Cherry setups tend to be best,...yes. Become a good judge of when to HFS and do it,...yes, yes. Trade very, very, very light relative to account equity,...YES, YES, YES!!!

:) -Traderathome
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

Traderathome, thank you for your attention, I am reading everything I see here and watching your posts, I hope one day have the same vision that you have of trade.
I hope one day to post a trade and receive your approval. :)
Procmail

Post by Procmail »

Hi,

In the Trading Room I keep seeing "Trends Stacked". What does it mean to have the trends "stacked"? What's being stacked?

Thanks!

When you have completed your HOMEWORK here, in a satisfactory manner, which includes reading everything in the Orientation Room and Study Hall, you will know. :naughty: - Tah
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: AUD Pairs and High Impact Releases Coming...

Post by Traderathome »

AUDxxx Pairs.....AUD HRs in an hour.....

The AUDxxx pairs have been trending upwards. There are 2 AUD high impact releases coming in about an hour. Meanwhile, in this new AS, the MMs have been retracing these pairs downwards. And the xxxAUD pairs like EA and GA were already hiked yesterday and are being hiked again now (possibly for additional SM shorting? :)). Make your own decisions......
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HFS: Hold, Fold, Switch ....by "runner"

Post by runner »

Traderathome wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:26 pm "Hold, Fold, Switch"

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I know of no person so adept at riding the coattails of the MMs as is our member "runner". To my knowledge, "runner" coined the phrase "HFS: Hold, Fold, Switch", and it has a lot to do with his success. And there is a lot to learn from runner's posted trades since HFS is involved as a discipline, whether it had to be acted upon with a trade being closed (or closed and switched) or did not have to be acted upon. We are fortunate to have runner as a member, participating and sharing.

Because a large percentage of traders have difficulty bringing themselves to close losing trades before they get to be BIG LOSING TRADES, and then have even more difficulty keeping themselves from adding to BIG LOSING TRADES, the HFS discipline is the best partner to our PVSRA core trade management discipline of trading very, very light relative to account equity. So, to help all PVSRA Musketeers understand HFS, here is a synopsis:

HFS: What to do When PA Goes to Wrong Side of Dragon.

1) Wait to see if PA also breaks nearest SR on wrong side of Dragon.
  • Yes? Fold!
  • No? Hold!
2) If "No? Hold!", then wait to see if PA ranges and later breaks the range in the wrong direction.
  • Yes? Fold!!
  • No? Hold!
3) Whenever "Yes? Fold!", assess for new direction "Switch trade".

4) Whenever "No? Hold!", sit on hands and continue to monitor your trade!

HFS is a profitable discipline for traders. I thank runner for his participation here and annotating his posted trades for HFS considerations. I also welcome runner's corrections and/or additional thoughts on HFS as described here.

Sincerely,
:) Tah
TAH,

Thanks, but I think it's not me who coin that HFS term. I believe someone at FF or here. Anyway, I'm not fully interpret things technically, I also always lookin at news feed for the dynamic of the market. Probably I'm too complicated, but IMHO it always important at big events. Somehow any comments, tweets, can change the direction of the movement and MM's/Algo work faster than any retails. We might have dispute here, but of course, u can always negate me too, since it seems not inline or contradict the core PVRSA ideology :D .

Dear runner,

We have no dispute here. Not at all! mja tells me you are a "fundamentals" kind of guy. You are a good trader with quick responses. But not many are so adept as you are with keeping up with moment to moment changes in "fundamentals", and quick responses to them that are correct. This is why "HFS" is presented more mechanically, based on what does happen on the chart rather than what might happen there or elsewhere. :) Tah
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
paulcarissimo

Re: Custom Volume Indicator

Post by paulcarissimo »

Hi, I've had a hard time wrapping my head around concepts of price and volume analysis for a long time because many of the definitions and terms are vague and not consistent to me.

So I decided to write my own volume indicator that shows "actual" buy and sell volumes and what is "really" happening in the background , something I've been working on for a long time, the algorithm is proprietary and due to the fact that there are people out there who can decompile the latest versions of .ex4 indicators, I'm very hesitant to share my indicator, however that may change if it proves its usefulness .

So I ask those well versed in in Price and Volume analysis, please see the image below of my indicator compared to the volume indicator provide here and tell me if I'm wasting my time or if I'm onto something, thanks.
EURUSDm#M15.png
EURUSDm#M15.png (34.51 KiB) Viewed 12491 times
paulcarissimo

Re: Custom volume Indicator Explanation

Post by paulcarissimo »

Unlike you , I prefer to use vwap instead of a 50 MA, the chart looks messy however everything on the chart has a purpose to me.

All this is to try and track smart money, I've realized there is no such thing as randomness in the markets, we may be at the mercy of the market however so are the big boys because my assumption is that if they still have to use execution methods such as vwap, then they cant just do whatever they want, when they want, which makes them fairly predictable and thus the "trends" they create.

This is just an example of what I look for, something that is clear and not ambiguous, clear buy , sell or stay out signals based on what smart money is doing, everything on the chart except for 3 ,are custom indicators. This is why I need to know if I'm on the right track because its easier on my mind to know if volume is buying and selling than if it is "climax up","climax down".
Thanks.
expEURUSDm#M5.png
expEURUSDm#M5.png (66.9 KiB) Viewed 12489 times
"........they can't just do whatever they want, when they want, which makes them fairly predictable……….", and if you continue to think this way you will be less successful, if successful! ".... I look for, something that is clear and not ambiguous...." so you do not have to use time and your brain to achieve experiential knowledge of PVSRA and HTMRW. After being here 8 months, if you insist on believing the MMs will allow themselves to do anything that makes what is coming predictable, clear and unambiguous then I respectfully suggest trading is not for you. We have our method and our template. If you had done your HOMEWORK here....which obviously you have not.....you would know that anyone can trade however they like, but HERE they will use OUR TEMPLATE ONLY! Please delete these two posts here and do your HOMEWORK before posting again. Get off to a proper new start learning PVSRA and HTMRW. I will leave the removal of these 2 posts to you to do, and if not done within a day or so, these posts will be removed and your membership along with them. - Tah
paulcarissimo

Re: Custom Volume Indicator & More....

Post by paulcarissimo »

Oh, so I see, out of the box thinking is shunned on this forum ?

Well, I'm not trying to derail or entice this forum into trading my way all I needed was the opinion of someone experienced in these things.
And yes, I'm more successful using this method.

Please go ahead and delete all my posts and terminate my account, I already feel stifled just reading your comment.

I might leave these posts here a while, in hopes other PVSRA Musketeers will read them and pause to think.....that you claim to be more successful using your method, but in 8 months here you never did your HOMEWORK and never posted a single trade, demo or otherwise, to demonstrate your level of success. Out of the box thinking is never shunned, but thinking the MMs will draw you a road map of what is coming is suicidal! Markets have functioned now for well over 100 years, and in all that time, with all the brilliant out of the box thinking minds that have tried to create something to beat the market, no created indicator nor combination of indicators has ever been successful in doing so! There is NO SUBSTITUTE for gaining experiential knowledge of PVSRA and HTMRW and TOWYS and then using your brain with these skills...together with the PVSRA template and trading very light relative to equity....to do battle with the MMs. You might think my words are harsh, stifling and they indeed are, but in order to try and get you onto a better path to become a successful trader. The MMs are all too proficient in relieving button pushing, indicator dependent traders of their money. - Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: Custom Volume Indicator & More....

Post by mja »

paulcarissimo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:01 am Oh, so I see, out of the box thinking is shunned on this forum ?

Well, I'm not trying to derail or entice this forum into trading my way all I needed was the opinion of someone experienced in these things.
And yes, I'm more successful using this method.

Please go ahead and delete all my posts and terminate my account, I already feel stifled just reading your comment.

Dear Paul,
what Tah is saying is that we have a settled and solid method of looking and analyzing price. We appreciate engagement in forum which is - posting setups with nice annotations for others to learn. Now if someone comes with a reinvented wheel... well my conclusion is that PA movements, volume, supports and resistances are only some clues that may but might not increase our change of getting some decent pips. We can present them in an infinite number of ways but they all actually boil down to one thing. HTMRW.
Your chart, full of indys, lines, bells, and whistles is sth I've used for a long time. More indys then better! It means more setups!
Now, using minimum indys I can, I call an opposite approach kind of the magic thinking - which is very tempting. Instead of accepting the fact that trading is full of failures, illogical moves, moves out of the blue it's nice to think there is this one set of indys and they show set of triggers that will guarantee nice flow of money.
Well, they aren't. Market is not logical nor predictable most of the times. So what we can do is look for clues (which creates our edge), overall 'view' of PA, try to guess MM's intentions, get into trade and then expect the worst :)

Cheers, M
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Tah could you please help with this a area I still need to work on.your ep on retrace 3rd ep looks perfect.
I do have many ideas why you opened your 3rd ep here but would like to see you( break it down)in this( 3rd ep area) please in detail.
This is a area when many traders would start to think, is this just a retrace or reversal.
i have looked at M15 M5 M1 to study this,looking at PA, candle formation, volume,S R ,time of the day ema 50, 200.
Many hours in fact ,their is some thing here I am sure I am missing.BTW real nice trading,thank you for your time,it is truly appreciated ;)
Tah retrace.png
Tah retrace.png (88.44 KiB) Viewed 12403 times
Try not to over-think things when trading. I saw PA coming back down. I would love to have made the EP about middle of the previous tall green bar (many retraces come to middle area of nice PVA bars), but PA seemed weak kneed and so when I saw it about middle of the short blue PVA and also at/below the Day Fibonacci Resistance 1 level, I just went ahead and entered. For all I knew, it could have turned out to drop much lower. We can never know...….but I do know this....by trading very light relative to equity, I would have added another EP if PA eventually did get down to mid-green PVA or into the Dragon.....trends were nicely bullish, properly stacked for longs. :) - Tah

Ok great thank you Tah ,funny you say don't over think things,my family tells me that too :lol:
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Hi team,soon will be trading with a much larger account, I have used LMFX before and found them very good to deal with. I sadly never had the chance to withdraw any funds because I didn't know what I was doing back then! Does any one here still use LMFX and how do you find them, especially with regards to withdrawing funds? Thanks ;)
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

zan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:32 pm Hi team,soon will be trading with a much larger account, I have used LMFX before and found them very good to deal with. I sadly never had the chance to withdraw any funds because I didn't know what I was doing back then! Does any one here still use LMFX and how do you find them, especially with regards to withdrawing funds? Thanks ;)
I didnt use them. I use ICMarkets and they're really good. Can reccomend them.

Cheers, M
dcr

Re: "Stopping Volume"

Post by dcr »

Traderathome wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:37 pm
zan wrote:Hello all happy new year,i would like improve my knowledge regarding(stopping volume) i think i get it ,but would like to be sure.Tahs most recent post USD JPY short trade pointed this out,good time to ask.perhaps a brake down of this stopping volume area would be a great help .Thanks enjoy your weekend.ZAN.
"Stopping Volume"

Folks, this term refers to when we see relatively high volume coming in after some sort of a run. I know this sounds vague right from the start, but after all, what about the market is not vague? Huh?! When the volume histogram shows such a thing happening, we need to be on our toes. This does not have to be huge volume relative to all the volume across the histogram. It only has to be relatively high compared to the "average" volume across the histogram. What might be happening is that the MMs are suddenly coming in to absorb all the orders that are pushing the price in the direction it has been going.

Let's say price is going down, and then we see it start to slow or even stall while higher volume comes in. What might be happening is that the MMs are absorbing all the sell orders left over when other counterparties with buy orders dry up. The MMs start buying in such manner as the price ceases to drop rapidly, or even stops dropping altogether. Now the MMs have longs at low prices. Where do you think they are going with the price next,.........eventually.?

"Next" might be right away or after the MMs range price to see if they can accumulate more longs. If ranging occurs, then for how long? We simply cannot know,.....a vagueness of the market, folks.

And why would the MMs even bother to stop the price from dropping? Nice question. Perhaps the next prominent move will be the start of a bull swing and the MMs were stop hunting longs and accumulating longs on the move down, to be in better shape for a bull swing. Or, perhaps the move down was nothing more than a move to sucker in shorts, in which case the next move.....when it comes.....is still likely to be back up, maybe to the previous high area of ranging, where the MMs might range it again while they close those longs at profit and work to accumulate more shorts. See? Another vagueness of the market.

We cannot know how the price will move next! What just happened? Why? What does it mean? WE CANNOT KNOW! What we can know is that something of importance just happened and it might mean the game is changing, or at least changing from what we thought it was. We should force ourselves into constant awareness of this fact. And then we can appreciate the simplicity of our TVT20 "FIFO" trading method. As the MMs whip and whack price thru the week, moving it both long and short distances, both with and against whichever "trend" you think some higher TF chart depicts, there will be these TVT20 "FIFO" setups. And they don't care about HTF trends! Look for decent setups. Gauge where the EP looks to be relative to overall PA. Don't go for it if the setup is for a short and already PA is low relative to the last lows, or if the setup is for a long and already PA is high relative to the last highs. Be sure there are decent TVT20 "FIFO" pips to be made before PA reaches the next major SR.

Well, you get the picture. We need to stay aware of new PVSRA clues thrown into the mix. We need to be able to change our thinking (bias) as new things happen. You probably noted that I did not do this on my UJ short trade. When the "double bottom" appeared, I was so set on the possibility of UJ going on down to at least previous major lows by the end of the week, that I let the trade ride. As punishment, I watched PA return to the area of my EP and later drop again, but not quite so far as where I could have easily closed the trade after seeing the "double bottom". So, I missed out on being able to make the same trade twice, and profiting twice....with more profit overall.

And so,......here is a good place to repeat an oft expressed thought. "We need to trade what we see. Not what we believe." .....Not even what we believe to be possible! Our TVT20 "FIFO" setup is a good trading method. Gets us in and out daily, exposing our assets the least amount to sudden bad happenstances, including Black Swan events. Sure, like anything else, they are fraught with possibilities for head fakes and stop hunts. But once they get going, they are good for decent pips for the day. We just need to be good trade managers, folding small red on head fakes and stop hunts.....even not knowing for sure if an adverse move is one of them! We can always hop back in later if PA again gives us what we are looking for. If we are in a trade and PVSRA shows us a new clue that something relatively more important is now happening (no matter what it might mean for future PA and the TVT20 trade), close the trade and wait to see more of what happens.

And "stopping volume" is one of those relatively more important events.

- Tah :)
Hello! Good Morning!

I am unsure how to interpret Stopping Volume. I have been repairing this phenomenon at various times in the market. After a certain movement of prices I notice a candle that has hardly developed with an above average volume. So far so good, with no difficulty in understanding the formation of “Stopping Volume”.

My difficulty comes when I try to wonder if this phenomenon is a pause imposed by MM's to fill their orders further and then move in the same direction or if this is effectively the beginning of a reversal.

Sorry for my limitations, but I'm new to this kind of analysis. How do I read the signals in order to improve my overall interpretation? In yours example there was the formation of a double bottom just above a KL which would make me think it really could be a reversal start. But when there is no other sign? Would it be a case of being left out and waiting?

Thank you very much.

Your question is, "My difficulty comes when I try to wonder if this phenomenon is a pause imposed by MM's to fill their orders further and then move in the same direction or if this is effectively the beginning of a reversal." Firstly, the answer is "We can never know how the MMs will move price next!" So, what to do? PVSRA. Where is PA stopping? Some place might be ideal for pause to fill more orders ahead of continuation. Another place might be ideal for stopping, taking a good deal of time for ranging to create liquidity to change positions ahead of reversal. How do we know one place from another? Any clues from PA history? Secondly, since we cannot know what comes next, if in a trade at the time what is wrong with taking profit and waiting to see what happens later? Thirdly, PVSRA is not a matter of looking at a single event. It is a matter of looking at the ebb and flow of PA, from past to present. Fourthly, we are not to be like Pavloff dogs, quickly responding to a current PVSRA event. Instead, we await setups, ones that do not conflict with our overall judgement from PVSRA events leading up to the setups. Finally, there is no science to trading. Trading is gambling, where odds and experiential success are the most important. And it takes screen time with perfect practice to get to the point of being mostly on the right side of the odds and therefore gaining experiential success. Perfect practice makes perfect. Lousy practice makes losers. Increased skill with PVSRA comes only with time using it. And trading very light relative to account equity must be the cornerstone in trading, set in place from the first day, and absolutely adhered to every day from that time forward. Elsewise, there is no perfection.- Tah
dcr

Re: "Stopping Volume"

Post by dcr »

Your question is, "My difficulty comes when I try to wonder if this phenomenon is a pause imposed by MM's to fill their orders further and then move in the same direction or if this is effectively the beginning of a reversal." Firstly, the answer is "We can never know how the MMs will move price next!" So, what to do? PVSRA. Where is PA stopping? Some place might be ideal for pause to fill more orders ahead of continuation. Another place might be ideal for stopping, taking a good deal of time for ranging to create liquidity to change positions ahead of reversal. How do we know one place from another? Any clues from PA history? Secondly, since we cannot know what comes next, if in a trade at the time what is wrong with taking profit and waiting to see what happens later? Thirdly, PVSRA is not a matter of looking at a single event. It is a matter of looking at the ebb and flow of PA, from past to present. Fourthly, we are not to be like Pavloff dogs, quickly responding to a current PVSRA event. Instead, we await setups, ones that do not conflict with our overall judgement from PVSRA events leading up to the setups. Finally, there is no science to trading. Trading is gambling, where odds and experiential success are the most important. And it takes screen time with perfect practice to get to the point of being mostly on the right side of the odds and therefore gaining experiential success. Perfect practice makes perfect. Lousy practice makes losers. Increased skill with PVSRA comes only with time using it. And trading very light relative to account equity must be the cornerstone in trading, set in place from the first day, and absolutely adhered to every day from that time forward. Elsewise, there is no perfection.- Tah
[/quote]

Understood.
I feel like I really need practice. I have already adopted the practice of operating small and in fact this is making a difference for me.
I will take this sentence with me: " Perfect practice makes perfect. Lousy practice makes losers"
Thank you, Tah.
Traderathome

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year PVSRA Musketeers

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Merry Christmas to all, and to all....very cautious trading, if trading at all, over this holidays season. Remember, it is low market participation from now and probably for some weeks into the New Year. That means tight ranging with sudden breakouts (probably in opposite direction than expected). All around, it is a market where it is much easier (less costly) for the MMs to manipulate prices; to keep them where they want them to be and then to suddenly move them to another place they want them to be. Don't get caught.

:text-merryxmas: :occasion-xmas: :text-happynewyear: -Tah
Traderathome

PVSRA Versions & Downloads Explained

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Our topic "PVSRA Downloads" is expanded to include PVSRA v2 (free to browsers), PVSRA v3 (free to properly registered site members with acceptable site participation) and PVSRA Pro (gifted to site members that earn the designation "Contributor"). Anyone can read the Introduction and User Instructions for all three, but access to the downloads is restricted as stated.

Their Introductions might seem similar, but PVSRA v3 and PVSRA Pro are both a big advancement from v2, both in coding techniques and in user features and conveniences. PVSRA v3 will soon be completed. It is the absolute best template for trading mt4 Market Watch items that has ever been developed! The only exception to this being PVSRA Pro, which is a step beyond.

PVSRA Pro is to be gifted only to properly registered site members that are very active posting method trades, helping others by repetitive example and encouragement, and in other ways also, to grow in success themselves. Specifically defined requirements to become a "Contributor" should come in time and be posted so everyone can decide it they want to become a serious part of what we do here. Meanwhile, your participation is noted and counts.

Sincerely,...PVSRA, Discipline, Patience, Profits,
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Thank for all. I am a longtime member and I am here to follow up after my contributions. Honestly, My trading method on PVSRA system is a bit different, even similar to the first reading method that TAH uses. Compared to all posts following a FIFO method I feel like I'm stuck. Currently, I trade only EURUSD and probably will be the only pair with 1 month for 3 or 4 EP makes it boring and less shared. I think we should have an area reserved for individual traders and not go by the FIFO method like me (there are certainly many other traders).

Actually, the PVSRA system is the foundation of other systems. It is larger and more evolved than the methods in the trading room. This is my personal opinion. Stay here and learn.

Thank for PVSRA and especially TAH. :)
Traderathome

Re: Other Trading Rooms for Other Methods?

Post by Traderathome »

Zerd wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:01 am Thank for all. I am a longtime member and I am here to follow up after my contributions. Honestly, My trading method on PVSRA system is a bit different, even similar to the first reading method that TAH uses. Compared to all posts following a FIFO method I feel like I'm stuck. Currently, I trade only EURUSD and probably will be the only pair with 1 month for 3 or 4 EP makes it boring and less shared. I think we should have an area reserved for individual traders and not go by the FIFO method like me (there are certainly many other traders).

Actually, the PVSRA system is the foundation of other systems. It is larger and more evolved than the methods in the trading room. This is my personal opinion. Stay here and learn.

Thank for PVSRA and especially TAH. :)
We agree, there are many ways to trade. All of them can be enhanced with HTMRW, PVSRA, TOWYS and trading very light relative to equity. The reasons for the FIFO TP method are simply to avoid the impact of negative swaps, to avoid possible stop out due to wild spread actions at day changeovers, to avoid possible wrong way gaps after weekends and to avoid that seldom, but "never can know when", Black Swan event. Another idea behind our method is to obtain trade results sooner, daily being preferable, so that those getting into trading can experience the entire cycle of a trade in a single day, with profits being preferable, but if losses due to lack of discipline or patience then the next chance to do better comes quickly.

Yes, perhaps we can provide other trading rooms for those very active with their own style, so long as it is not too far off the beaten path, so to speak. We did once before, but it fell to low activity that did not warrant distracting incoming traders with it. We would need traders with a defined method, reasonable success with it, and very active because ongoing posting is what really helps folks stay encouraged and have ingrained into them what is important.

Let's consider this a subject now open for ongoing discussion, and see where it takes us over time.