Re: Questions & Answers

mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: Site Upgrade to Wide Screen by "mja"

Post by mja »

Skyllo wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:23 am
let's say I entered the wrong password because forgot, so I request new password. But when i input my email, the result is same, invalid. I haven't tried it via PC, because I'm afraid I can't log in after logging out.

Update: i try it again and get recovery email. I use the new password and success log in via PC but still cant log in via mobile. even though I immediately copied the password from the email.
Hi,
can you:
- attempt to login with checked 'remember me' option
if failed:
- clear your mobile browser cache/cookies etc and then try to login ?
if failed:
- attempt to login from another mobile?

M
Skyllo

Re: Site Upgrade to Wide Screen by "mja"

Post by Skyllo »

mja wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:24 am Hi,
can you:
- attempt to login with checked 'remember me' option
if failed:
- clear your mobile browser cache/cookies etc and then try to login ?
if failed:
- attempt to login from another mobile?

M
Hi mja,

I try log in using different browser, and works well. I can log in without problem. Previously i used chrome and UC browser and it didn't work properly even after i clear chache. Maybe the problem is in the browser. Thanks a lot mja.
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Two Lobes for Bias

Post by Traderathome »

Two Lobes for Bias

It is human nature to see a long running item reach a high or low and think a reversal is coming next, and to look at PA and volume at SRs (PVSRA) in a way that supports the adopted bias.

In a very simplistic sense, we have a division in the frontal lobes of our brain, with the right side memory seeing past reversals missed, emoting over what it sees now and pressing for spontaneity in action, while the left side memory is seeing past follow-on short squeezes and long shakeouts (HTMRW), is viewing the situation as a problem to solve and is carefully assessing and judging what there is to see, especially in the most recent action. The real problem for human traders is that the right side can look at what there is to look at, and come up with an emotional bias, whereas the left side can look at the same things and come up with a rational bias, which might be just the opposite. Which brain lobe will the trader listen to?

If a trader ever had a reason to stop "trying" to be disciplined and immediately demand nothing but discipline forevermore this is it,.....the trader within the trader has a split personality! Fortunately, the outside trader has unceasing power to choose,.....to listen to the one that would have resulted in more profits, less losses in the past.

:) Tah
Diogo

Post by Diogo »

Greetings.

I have been registered to this forum since may. All steps necessary were correctly done but still I don't have access to the trades Topic.
My objective here is to learn, act and share knowledge.
If I'm legit to be granted the right credentials to the site, I beg the administrators to do so.
Otherwise please delete my profile. I'm useless this way.

Thank you!

Please accept our apologies. An oversight. It happens sometimes. Thank you for notifying so it could be corrected. It has been. -Tah
Rakiura

Re: Two Lobes for Bias

Post by Rakiura »

Traderathome wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:32 pm Two Lobes for Bias

It is human nature to see a long running item reach a high or low and think a reversal is coming next, and to look at PA and volume at SRs (PVSRA) in a way that supports the adopted bias.

In a very simplistic sense, we have a division in the frontal lobes of our brain, with the right side memory seeing past reversals missed, emoting over what it sees now and pressing for spontaneity in action, while the left side memory is seeing past follow-on short squeezes and long shakeouts (HTMRW), is viewing the situation as a problem to solve and is carefully assessing and judging what there is to see, especially in the most recent action. The real problem for human traders is that the right side can look at what there is to look at, and come up with an emotional bias, whereas the left side can look at the same things and come up with a rational bias, which might be just the opposite. Which brain lobe will the trader listen to?

If a trader ever had a reason to stop "trying" to be disciplined and immediately demand nothing but discipline forevermore this is it,.....the trader within the trader has a split personality! Fortunately, the outside trader has unceasing power to choose,.....to listen to the one that would have resulted in more profits, less losses in the past.

Tah

Firstly thank you for all your selfless work here.

In your experience as a trader do you have any suggestions on how to be disciplined on "Mastering the battle of the frontal lobes"?
I suspect it comes back to your previous post about being light on position sizing & therefore being less emotive about the outcome of an individual trade...

Justin

Absolutely! Trade very, very light relative to equity (current recommendation is to trade only 1 micro-lot per $100 account equity), to cherry pick your setups (trends angled and stacked bullish or bearish) and if PA starts going against trade (always highly probable), decide if to fold, to hold, or to hold & add. Here are some suggestions, but always make your own decisions. If Dragon is turning towards flat, or already flat and starting down, fold. If Dragon is retaining good angle, hold. If Dragon still has execptional angle, hold and wait to add (wisely with spacing). If you trade very, very light relative to equity, you will be trading with a lot less stress. And if what you do turns out wrong, you will still be with a lot less stress. - Tah
Desm0Z

Post by Desm0Z »

Hello! I can not register on the forum. Why is my account deleted for the third time? Help me)

You have not read and have not followed our Registration Instructions. We ask everyone to do so. We even say, "Please." Gee, they are right at the top of site Home Page so they cannot be missed! They are very specific, too. Consider it a test. Those that do not pay attention to details, do not follow instructions, do not bother to read.....are more than likely going to fail. By repeatedly deleting your registration attempts, we might be doing you a favor. Will hold off on deleting your current registration attempt, give you some time to think it over and either do it proper, or again not. -Tah
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Why become a good contributor?

Since April 2019 our PVSRA Pro v3 template has been in-work; a significant upgrade in coding and features, yet retaining elegance and ease of use. We have already ended September 2019 and work is still being accomplished. Literally thousands of man-hours are represented by our new indicators and their predecessors, with contributions having been made and being made by generous people. Most recently we have been blessed with the membership of "mja", a trader, a coder, an intelligent person and a generous one who has taken the lead in carrying our indicators to a higher state of being. With the capability of our PVSRA Pro v3 template and the substantial investment by its creators, it is a pitiful shame some folks come to this site expecting it for free, while at the same time not caring to stay here, to grow here, to help others here,......not intending to GIVE BACK and HELP OTHERS!

PVSRA grew at a forum that professed to "freely help others". The leader of that forum went on to no longer "freely help others". PVSRA was being birthed about then, and a new forum was started to continue to "freely help others". Today, PVSRA is known world-wide. Unfortunately there are those that take what we have produced to freely share with all, and sell it to others! Unfortunately also, there are those that become introduced to PVSRA this way, and after paying a price somewhere else they are then sent here by a profiteer that is making money off the free labors of the good folks here. And most unfortunately of all is the fact that many that do come here under those circumstances have no intention of staying, growing, helping others,....have no intention to GIVE BACK and HELP OTHERS in return for what they freely receive here! They are, sadly by these their own actions, endorsing the profiteering lifestyle of the marketer that captured their interest, took their money, and sent them here!

We will continue to "freely help others" by giving to browsers and registrants our v2 Download. Registration for membership is NOT required. Those that do register, stay, grow, contribute,...GIVE BACK and HELP OTHERS,...will receive our PVSRA Pro v3 Download. We do not wish to give this package, that represents such effort and value, to those coming here looking only to get something free and leave. So, it shall be given only to "Contributors" with the hope you fully agree with our decision. For will you really think nothing of your own participation for which you become so rewarded? Will you give this reward away to others that have not done what you have done, who have thought only of themselves and what they could get for free? If you are truly part of us now, even if someday you must leave, we trust you will keep this reward to yourself out of acknowledgement of what you did to earn it, and out of respect to all those who have done as much to create it for you, and others like you that worked to give back to help others. To do otherwise would be to applaud those opportunists that market for profit the free work of others, and those people seeking to take but rarely to give.

Pictures of preliminary template for black and white charts are below.

Sincerely,
Attachments
PVSRA Pro v3 Black.png
PVSRA Pro v3 Black.png (96.33 KiB) Viewed 11749 times
PVSRA Pro v3 White.png
PVSRA Pro v3 White.png (102.51 KiB) Viewed 11748 times
Traderathome

Re: HFS: Hold, Fold, Switch ....by "runner"

Post by Traderathome »

"Hold, Fold, Switch"

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I know of no person so adept at riding the coattails of the MMs as is our member "runner". To my knowledge, "runner" coined the phrase "HFS: Hold, Fold, Switch", and it has a lot to do with his success. And there is a lot to learn from runner's posted trades since HFS is involved as a discipline, whether it had to be acted upon with a trade being closed (or closed and switched) or did not have to be acted upon. We are fortunate to have runner as a member, participating and sharing.

Because a large percentage of traders have difficulty bringing themselves to close losing trades before they get to be BIG LOSING TRADES, and then have even more difficulty keeping themselves from adding to BIG LOSING TRADES, the HFS discipline is the best partner to our PVSRA core trade management discipline of trading very, very light relative to account equity. So, to help all PVSRA Musketeers understand HFS, here is a synopsis:

HFS: What to do When PA Goes to Wrong Side of Dragon.

1) Wait to see if PA also breaks nearest SR on wrong side of Dragon.
  • Yes? Fold!
  • No? Hold!
2) If "No? Hold!", then wait to see if PA ranges and later breaks the range in the wrong direction.
  • Yes? Fold!!
  • No? Hold!
3) Whenever "Yes? Fold!", assess for new direction "Switch trade".

4) Whenever "No? Hold!", sit on hands and continue to monitor your trade!

HFS is a profitable discipline for traders. I thank runner for his participation here and annotating his posted trades for HFS considerations. I also welcome runner's corrections and/or additional thoughts on HFS as described here.

Sincerely,
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Hi all .How can we read when a big move is over,this long run up busted up through all sorts of S/R ,levels, previous highs,etc . and now we can see its has come to rest.
we have all sorts of names, terms, eg stopping volume and so on .so in this run where would we call it ? this is not about greed .but HTMRW Ideas please.cheers. :think:
Attachments
GBPUSDM15 study.png
GBPUSDM15 study.png (105.91 KiB) Viewed 11694 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

zan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 pm Hi all .How can we read when a big move is over,this long run up busted up through all sorts of S/R ,levels, previous highs,etc . and now we can see its has come to rest.
we have all sorts of names, terms, eg stopping volume and so on .so in this run where would we call it ? this is not about greed .but HTMRW Ideas please.cheers. :think:
First, examine this first statement embedding both question and conclusion. How do we know a move is over? We cannot know! Now we see it has come to rest, yes, but after resting will it continue or reverse? We cannot know! WE CAN NEVER KNOW HOW THE MM'S WILL MOVE PRICE!

NEVER!

Our method is to trade with momentum to help with the odds our trade will be profitable. So, we have a setup that involves angle and stacking of moving averages, a plausible breakout area for EP placement, with some recent PVSRA activity that seems more to support rather than refute the premise of the setup, and knowledge of HTMRW to prepare us for possible stop hunts or even reversals in spite of everything on which the trade is based! When thinking about all of this, ONE THING should stand out...…..WE CAN NEVER KNOW HOW THE MM'S WILL MOVE PRICE!…….and so we HFS (Hold, Fold, Switch) based on what happens after a trade has begun and we always trade very, very light relative to account equity so when a trade goes wrong it is of less consequence and we have a more level head to make our decisions.

This is the best we can do. And we get better at it only with more screen time with disciplined trading behavior.

:think: - Tah
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Traderathome wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:31 am
zan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 pm Hi all .How can we read when a big move is over,this long run up busted up through all sorts of S/R ,levels, previous highs,etc . and now we can see its has come to rest.
First, examine this first statement embedding both question and conclusion. How do we know a move is over? We cannot know! Now we see it has come to rest, yes, but after resting will it continue or reverse? We cannot know! WE CAN NEVER KNOW HOW THE MM'S WILL MOVE PRICE!

NEVER!

Our method is to trade with momentum to help with the odds our trade will be profitable. So, we have a setup that involves angle and stacking of moving averages, a plausible breakout area for EP placement, with some recent PVSRA activity that seems more to support rather than refute the premise of the setup, and knowledge of HTMRW to prepare us for possible stop hunts or even reversals in spite of everything on which the trade is based! When thinking about all of this, ONE THING should stand out...…..WE CAN NEVER KNOW HOW THE MM'S WILL MOVE PRICE!…….and so we HFS (Hold, Fold, Switch) based on what happens after a trade has begun and we always trade very, very light relative to account equity so when a trade goes wrong it is of less consequence and we have a more level head to make our decisions.

This is the best we can do. And we get better at it only with more screen time with disciplined trading behavior.

:think: - Tah
Thanks Tah...I sometimes find it hard to get out in words what I really mean....so if I was to ask is their CLUES,by reading candle price action,volume, when the price action is slowing down?
And I understand all the rest of you reply. you have been drumming that into my head for all the years I have been here,learning and trying to improve,and I thank you for that
Lucas Adriel

Post by Lucas Adriel »

Good Morning! I am starting my studies with the PVSRA method and I am really already seeing improvements in my results, thanks for alerting us about the great players of the market.
  Here is my thanks.

No need for large type. If you want to place emphasis on your improvements, make trade posts in the Trading Room with suitable remarks about the trade, so others here can see for themselves and learn from both the successes and the failures posted. Don't just tell, show! Sharing is caring. That is what this site is all about. Thank you. - Tah
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

I customized my first PVSRA templates.<br />The beginning of a new journey. Good trade for all.
I customized my first PVSRA templates.
The beginning of a new journey. Good trade for all.
captura de tela 10-2019.png (44.04 KiB) Viewed 11640 times
Please do not add "indicators" to our template in posts on this site! It is a violation of the 2nd post in Orientation,....YOU HAVE NOT DONE YOUR HOMEWORK HERE!

Regarding this candles indicator, whether or not at any moment on any TF chart a candle is bullish or bearish WILL NOT help you be a successful trader! It tells you nothing but the obvious. And the obvious has nothing to do with what comes next! It cannot do your thinking for you and is a poor substitute, unless you cannot think for yourself. In which case you will lose your money and you should quit while you are ahead. Take it off! :naughty:

PVSRA, HTMRW and TOWYS will help you be a successful trade! But, you are going to have to do your homework here, and put in the screen time with proper discipline based on the knowledge you have thusly obtained. :think: -Tah
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

I'm sorry I'll pay more attention next time, I won't use the candle indicator. :mrgreen:
tha :pray:
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

As I do to disable this indicator of the PVSRA trade levels v2 indicator, it stays all the time on the screen after the operation has been enserred.<br />I already looked at the PVSRA manual I will read again. Thanks
As I do to disable this indicator of the PVSRA trade levels v2 indicator, it stays all the time on the screen after the operation has been enserred.
I already looked at the PVSRA manual I will read again. Thanks
USDJPYM15.png (33.83 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
Yes, this is HOMEWORK. You must learn the features of every indicator via the User Notes posted in Downloads Room! In this case, there is a "Lookback.." external input for the Trade Levels indicator. For example, if set to 60 minutes (is default setting) and "Lookback factor" set to "1" (also default setting, i.e. still 60 minutes) then closed trade PL label remains on screen automatically for 60 minutes. However, without changing either of these two time inputs the user can use "Show_Closed_Trades" = false to turn off the display of closed trades.

There is a lot of HOMEWORK to be done here. Though not intentionally, it does serve to weed out the uncommitted, who would lose their money anyway for lack of personal commitment to apply themselves to this career. - Tah
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

Thank you so much, I am happy to learn from you.
tha :pray:
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

PVSRA indicator access panel 108.500 background level lines being respecting 3 times.<br />1- 2019.09<br />2- 2019.10<br />3- 2019.10<br />USD / JPY H4.<br /> <br />(Excuse me if I have some error in the words I am using google translator) thanks.
PVSRA indicator access panel 108.500 background level lines being respecting 3 times.
1- 2019.09
2- 2019.10
3- 2019.10
USD / JPY H4.

(Excuse me if I have some error in the words I am using google translator) thanks.
USDJPYH4.png (40.82 KiB) Viewed 11577 times
What is the point of this post? Price has attended this level x3,.....and so? If you think this has some meaning, if you have something more to say about it, then say it. -Tah
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

It was just an observation poster, I'm studying how the price moves in PVSRA v2. he respected the level line 108.500 3 times making me think that they will get the 50 EMA dragon before raising the price again seeking the level line price 109.000.
I apologize for the senseless posts, I am still in the learning phase I will control my age and only post again when I am more experienced with PVSRA screen time which is a fantastic indicator. :D

Tah :)
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

Jonatas Alves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 pm USDJPYH4.png
What is the point of this post? Price has attended this level x3,.....and so? If you think this has some meaning, if you have something more to say about it, then say it. -Tah

Thats from your experience in PVSRA, you deduce that the price breaks resistance level 108.500, or the price will return to the dragon 50 emu.

Sorry for any embarrassment caused by my poster

The point of PVSRA is to gather clues if SM is accumulating or distributing, to help assess the quality of a setup. A setup can be on any TF chart, but also requires momentum evidenced by angles and stacking of the trends. "...the price breaks resistance level 108.500, or the price will return to the dragon 50..." is inevitable, but might not include a setup. -Tah
Jonatas Alves

Post by Jonatas Alves »

Jonatas Alves wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:43 am
Jonatas Alves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 pm USDJPYH4.png

Thats from your experience in PVSRA, you deduce that the price breaks resistance level 108.500, or the price will return to the dragon 50 emu.

Sorry for any embarrassment caused by my poster

The point of PVSRA is to gather clues if SM is accumulating or distributing, to help assess the quality of a setup. A setup can be on any TF chart, but also requires momentum evidenced by angles and stacking of the trends. "...the price breaks resistance level 108.500, or the price will return to the dragon 50..." is inevitable, but might not include a setup. -Tah

I understand, very good your explanation, I am reading everything in this forum about the PVSRA indicator, and also studying your posts, soon I will post more quality to you to analyze and show me the way forward. :D