Re: Questions & Answers

mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Hello All,

recently I was wondering on whould and how posting bad (red) trades benefit other users. And while posting green trades has the most merits - shows good mechanism and enforces them, shows that green trades are possible I feel that there might be some lessons / clues / findings from failed trades that could be learned from - assuming proper annotations and comments. Also this could be an encouraging impulse for contribution to novice traders for which green trades are not so often experienced. And as Fisher noticed in her recent post - everyone experiences red trades.

So I do have a two requests:

1.for novice traders, do not hesitate to drop a failed trade in Trading Room with a proper annotations on PVSRA/HTMRW clues taken into consideration before taking the trade and question on what went wrong. Such a trade should be thought over - because our most novice trades are red because of an impatience/lack of discipline. So I would recomend posting trades which you feel that was thought over, met PVSRA/HTMRW criteria and yet failed. Please also remember that for some of red trades the only explanation is something that Tah often repeats: "we cannot know how MMs will move the price next".
For experienced users of this forum I have an appeal to contribute and comment if such a trade occurs and you have some valuable observation :) Lets make this an team effort!
As for me I'll post a failed trade as soon as it won'be a result of my overtrade/impatiece which unfortunately is something common ;)

2.for experienced traders, maybe there is a valuable (in terms of knowledge) failed trade that you could share here in Trade Room ? Some PVSRA clues that you missed taking the trade and saw after hitting SL, some interesting application of SL or sth else that could be learnt from. In any case, do not hesitate to post it. Good example of such a red (but also green in this case) trade was a Runners HFS trade and it resulted in some valuable posts and trade examples as Tah mentions in Trading Room.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
M :mrgreen:
Draganov33

Post by Draganov33 »

mja wrote:Hello All,

recently I was wondering on whould and how posting bad (red) trades benefit other users. And while posting green trades has the most merits - shows good mechanism and enforces them, shows that green trades are possible I feel that there might be some lessons / clues / findings from failed trades that could be learned from - assuming proper annotations and comments. Also this could be an encouraging impulse for contribution to novice traders for which green trades are not so often experienced. And as Fisher noticed in her recent post - everyone experiences red trades.

So I do have a two requests:

1.for novice traders, do not hesitate to drop a failed trade in Trading Room with a proper annotations on PVSRA/HTMRW clues taken into consideration before taking the trade and question on what went wrong. Such a trade should be thought over - because our most novice trades are red because of an impatience/lack of discipline. So I would recomend posting trades which you feel that was thought over, met PVSRA/HTMRW criteria and yet failed. Please also remember that for some of red trades the only explanation is something that Tah often repeats: "we cannot know how MMs will move the price next".
For experienced users of this forum I have an appeal to contribute and comment if such a trade occurs and you have some valuable observation :) Lets make this an team effort!
As for me I'll post a failed trade as soon as it won'be a result of my overtrade/impatiece which unfortunately is something common ;)

2.for experienced traders, maybe there is a valuable (in terms of knowledge) failed trade that you could share here in Trade Room ? Some PVSRA clues that you missed taking the trade and saw after hitting SL, some interesting application of SL or sth else that could be learnt from. In any case, do not hesitate to post it. Good example of such a red (but also green in this case) trade was a Runners HFS trade and it resulted in some valuable posts and trade examples as Tah mentions in Trading Room.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
M :mrgreen:
Very Good initiation from Team PVSRA... Cheers :clap: :clap:
Draganov33

Post by Draganov33 »

Hello i just wanted to drop a question about my access panel. Please view image attached and please help
GBPAUDM15.png
GBPAUDM15.png (93.31 KiB) Viewed 6402 times
I think this has to do with how text is handled by the "4K" myriad of monitors/TVs and maybe some other small devices.

I could code the fix for the background that extends out to the right, allowing users to reset a new "shift" value (by their own experimentation) that would put it where it belongs. The user could then save as new named template. However, I have no easy fix for the overlapping text. This happens sometimes in "4k" when space characters are coded into a line of text as part of a section of text to be combined with other sections to yield the full line to be displayed. I don't know why it happens and I don't wish to waste my time trying to resolve it. Maybe it could be done.....maybe quite involved, maybe not....but it only happens on these "4k" and small devices and I have no such "4k" devices to check out results of new coding efforts. Maybe someone knows if there exists an MT4 font style that has space character that shows fine on "non-4K" and is not squeezed down by "4k" and other devices, and so would display text without overlapping on them. Off hand, I do not know of such a font style, and as I said, I have no way to confirm coding attempts to resolve such issues.

Windows 10 allows for adjustment of screen size, which might be a solution. Using a "non-4k" device is an obvious solution.

Perhaps others have run into this problem and found solutions, or partial solutions, and will post their comments.

Perhaps there is a coder out there that knows exactly what precautions must be taken when coding MT4 space groups into a resultant line of text, such that they will not be squeezed up by "4K", and will post the solution here. Maybe it is a simple matter of "concatenating" all separate parts into one string name before drawing. Would be nice to know...to be sure...because I am not about to involve myself in extra coding without knowing and without being able to check results -Tah
Draganov33

Post by Draganov33 »

Draganov33 wrote:Hello i just wanted to drop a question about my access panel. Please view image attached and please helpGBPAUDM15.png
I think this has to do with how text is handled by the "4K" myriad of monitors/TVs and maybe some other small devices.

I could code the fix for the background that extends out to the right, allowing users to reset a new "shift" value (by their own experimentation) that would put it where it belongs. The user could then save as new named template. However, I have no easy fix for the overlapping text. This happens sometimes in "4k" when space characters are coded into a line of text as part of a section of text to be combined with other sections to yield the full line to be displayed. I don't know why it happens and I don't wish to waste my time trying to resolve it. Maybe it could be done.....maybe quite involved, maybe not....but it only happens on these "4k" and small devices and I have no such "4k" devices to check out results of new coding efforts. Maybe someone knows if there exists an MT4 font style that has space character that shows fine on "non-4K" and is not squeezed down by "4k" and other devices, and so would display text without overlapping on them. Off hand, I do not know of such a font style, and as I said, I have no way to confirm coding attempts to resolve such issues.

Windows 10 allows for adjustment of screen size, which might be a solution. Using a "non-4k" device is an obvious solution.

Perhaps others have run into this problem and found solutions, or partial solutions, and will post their comments.

Perhaps there is a coder out there that knows exactly what precautions must be taken when coding MT4 space groups into a resultant line of text, such that they will not be squeezed up by "4K", and will post the solution here. Maybe it is a simple matter of "concatenating" all separate parts into one string name before drawing. Would be nice to know...to be sure...because I am not about to involve myself in extra coding without knowing and without being able to check results -Tah
Thanks Tah Sir, it is surely because of monitor. I noticed now after reading your reply that my other monitor that i use in office does not have this issue. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: What is BARP?? :D :D
Draganov33

Post by Draganov33 »

Hello once Tah Sir.
Thanks once again for all your help.
I wanted to ask do we need to analyze each and every color coded candles respective to volumes when analyzing price action to MM. Moreover sometimes price action takes place above whole and below quarter level, at that circumstance, which level do we prioritize. Sorry for such dumb question, cant be much dummer. but this things are really confusing me.
Please Help!!!! SOS :)

I pay more attention to the relative increase in activity, not colors. Colors are based on opening and closing candle prices, which are just an accident of birth and death. What counts is the relative change in activity, because a big increase while bar is red could just as well be buyer instigated as seller instigated. Remember, always BOTH on every trade! As for when there is increased action, but not clearly above or below a key level, try increasing chart TF and see if a bigger picture helps with getting a perspective. - Tah
chagu

Countries that allowed retail currency trading

Post by chagu »

does anybody know a countries that allows retail currency traders to show revenue as their main income and have good financial track record and recognized as a businessmen ?
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: Bulletin Board: Comments, Questions & Answers

Post by mja »

Traderathome wrote:
I think I have that repaired. Not sure when there might be a new release, though. :) -tah
Dear Tah,

I have seen in your todays trade that the template (altough its LE version) has some major changes. These includes for example visual changes in the Access Panel, but what payed my attention the most - some kind of money management functionality (at the top of the volume section). Are there any chances that this functionality will be available in the near future in the 'community' version of the template ? :think:

M
Probably not. It started out as a simple concept, an invention of necessity to help me address my personal shortcomings as a trader,.....overtrading. But it became an effort of untold hours of involved coding and frustration to add this feature to the LE version of Trade Levels. I had not planned on adding it to the "community" version, and simply tossing it out there. Maybe I tire of folks coming here and taking the indicators but not staying to grow and contribute something back to help others. I will be honest about this, and you can comment back on this if you like. Sometimes I feel I should SELL what is becoming the LE versions. I know folks are out there coding the most simple indicators and EAs, and getting paid damn well for it as they sell them. Even our free versions are far and away more complex than most of the indicators and EAs being marketed. Well, I am not sure what will be the future for "LE". Maybe when I die, my wife can put them here for free as a "going away" present from me,......so the "takers" can come back, grab them, and leave again! We'll see. Let's leave it for now, unless someone agrees with how I feel and will do the marketing. Would help pay the expenses of this site.... :lol: BTW mja, I do not consider you one of the "grabbers". You are a foremost contributor here. Many "silent ones" are undoubtedly getting a good dose of learning and encouragement from your posts. I thank you very much for your participation here, as I am sure many do in their own silent way. -Tah

Edit:
Thanks for the answer, I udenrstand your viewpoint. Its encouraging to hear that even pros have the overtrading problems. I need to get my brain straight on that too ;) As for the templates - yes they are one of the most advanced machinery Ive come accross browsing FX tools.In past I was a programmer so can imagine what effort it was to develop and it is to maintain the template and all of the indicatpors. And it is great that they come as a community tool - big thanks for this! For taking and not caring... well there is a theory I partially acknowledge that for some people if something is not payed for it is not respected - maybe this is the case for some :( And from that perspective I would not be surprised or dissapointed if there was some fee for the template - for some or even for all partof it. I also do now that the maintenance of this site is not a free thing. So, maybe creating some "commercial" functionalities with some fee for usage is not such a bad idea (it must be secured though, Ive seen some cracked indys on ebay, sic!). But this is your decision to make and whatever it will be I'm sure It will be good and supported by the community. In the mean time we need to kick some MMs asses ;)
M
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Oiling up the monday

Post by mja »

Dear TAH,

after playing a prophet on XAU last friday - with miserable effects, I started looking at Oil - since something interesting happend on friday. Maybe you could help me out with my speculations. For all readers please remember our primary rule and that is... we cannot know how MMs will move price next ;)

So on friday OPEC gave some news on increasing OIL production. Prior to that our beloved MMs ranged the price probably to get stuffed with shorts, set a nice double top and then...baam,nice dump to previous ranging level. My consideration is that this the end of the move down - but are there any more clues on that ? What to pay attention to on monday morning ?
Below you can find my analysis. any Comments are highly appreciated!
XBRUSDH1-05.27.an.png
XBRUSDH1-05.27.an.png (162.85 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
The second scenario, also probable is that the dump is not over and it will continue till circa 73,4 level. But if so, this would need a pullback higher to continue to drop ?
What are your views?

P.S. credit for noticing the friday Oil business goes to Runner ;)
P.S.2. So what I'm expecting to see next is some PVA bars then stophunt up down or up and a major move opposite direction to the stophunt. Preferably up. ...or maybe we are seeing stophunt just as we speak ? on a m15 chart everything below RWL is a stophunt. ...Or maybe I'm just overthinking it :icon-twisted:
Cheers,
M

Edit: Thanks Fisher!
Fisher755
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Oiling up the monday

Post by Fisher755 »

mja wrote:Dear TAH,

after playing a prophet on XAU last friday - with miserable effects, I started looking at Oil - since something interesting happend on friday. Maybe you could help me out with my speculations. For all readers please remember our primary rule and that is... we cannot know how MMs will move price next ;)

So on friday OPEC gave some news on increasing OIL production. Prior to that our beloved MMs ranged the price probably to get stuffed with shorts, set a nice double top and then...baam,nice dump to previous ranging level. My consideration is that this the end of the move down - but are there any more clues on that ? What to pay attention to on monday morning ?

XBRUSDH1-05.27.an.png

The second scenario, also probable is that the dump is not over and it will continue till circa 73,4 level. But if so, this would need a pullback higher to continue to drop ?
What are your views?

P.S.2. So what I'm expecting to see next is some PVA bars then stophunt up down or up and a major move opposite direction to the stophunt. Preferably up. ...or maybe we are seeing stophunt just as we speak ? on a m15 chart everything below RWL is a stophunt. ...Or maybe I'm just overthinking it :icon-twisted:
Cheers,
M
very news dependant instrument. But what is interesting that I marked my oil chart on Friday ....cannot say how it will go next from this PA because current SR is minor and not as important. Of course if uptrent is still valid this could be a retrace down but somehow I don't see a high probability trade here...maybe on smaller TF. But Monday is a holiday and low liquidity day for most instruments...

EDIT:
You are right about RWL , BUT it happened on Friday and new week RWL will be much lower now. If RWL would be so much overextended on Wednesday then I would definitly scalp long towards the RWL. But not on Friday for the resons from previous sentance.
Overextended RWL helps only if sooner in the week. The sooner, the better.
Attachments
XTIUSDH4 27.5..png
XTIUSDH4 27.5..png (67.26 KiB) Viewed 6139 times
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

mja wrote:Dear TAH,

XBRUSDH1-05.27.an.png

What are your views?

Cheers,
M

Edit: Thanks Fisher!
Right! We cannot know how the MMs will move price.

Fisher755's post is one with excellent perception. I placed Day chart TL myself and took a close look at H4 because I consider H4 to be the best HTF for clues for what the MMs might do next, for which we monitor M15 (right? :) ) If SM is bearish, this should go lower. But SM might be greedy, too, and place new short orders not where the MMs parked the price on Friday, but somewhere higher up....necessitating that the MMs do a retrace up now, and go to work to get liquidity to fill new SM short orders. Then lower. Well, all anyone can do is to speculate, but here is a chart of this.....
Attachments
may 046.png
may 046.png (89.04 KiB) Viewed 6105 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Thank you both for your answers :D Now Ive got my material to think about.

Yours,
M
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

mja wrote:Thank you both for your answers :D Now Ive got my material to think about.

Yours,
M
....and if the Market were Fractal.....

The market does exhibit fractal moves from time to time. What is shown in DeepPink is far to specific to expect, but it does give the idea of what could take place if this is now bearish and is to remain so for a while longer. We know the MMs often use the early part of the week to drum up liquidity needed to fill SM orders. This is precisely why traders sometimes go short on a really good looking short setup (for example) and find out within the next day or two that price soared upwards instead of going down! Why? The MMs sucker in "too soon shorts" with a good short setup, but that does not go far....maybe ranges some more while still holding a look that PA will indeed drop more. But, in the end, the MMs take price up which can probably hit some SLs on shorts, as well as cause others to plain give up....both providing liquidity for the MMs to help them fill SM short orders. Not to mention the "wrong side longs" that might also be suckered during some periods of rising price, and while price is put up high, and especially if their is an additional short squeeze whip up sometime in there. ......ain't this fun! :D
Attachments
may 047.png
may 047.png (91.11 KiB) Viewed 6094 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Traderathome wrote: ......ain't this fun! :D
Actually Tah... its'a lot of fun to ponder on market moves and a cherry on the top is seeing that these ponderings are actually becoming reality. I also have a third scenario in mind... a couple of days ranging on waiting what Trumps twitter account might have to say about this.

But to sum up... I would go for a small pull up, then a down move as U expected. Second scenario is my immedaite back to 80 level :P

Update:
Assian session brought another whack down and monday morning is a place for some abreaction. Wonder if its stays that way :think:
OILWTIH4-28.05.png
OILWTIH4-28.05.png (127.04 KiB) Viewed 6067 times
uncledodat

Post by uncledodat »

Hope this isn't a question that has been asked, but I'm still kinda new to the enter workings of the indicators. My news Panel isn't showing any up coming events. Did I break it somehow?

No problem here. Show a chart when something about indicators can show on it,......to help us out. Could be just a server down at FF. Be sure to follow up on this with us if the problem resolves. - Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

mja wrote:
Traderathome wrote: ......ain't this fun! :D
Actually Tah... its'a lot of fun to ponder on market moves and a cherry on the top is seeing that these ponderings are actually becoming reality. I also have a third scenario in mind... a couple of days ranging on waiting what Trumps twitter account might have to say about this.

But to sum up... I would go for a small pull up, then a down move as U expected. Second scenario is my immedaite back to 80 level :P

Update:
Assian session brought another whack down and monday morning is a place for some abreaction. Wonder if its stays that way :think:

OILWTIH4-28.05.png
Well, the Oil price ranged for days now, today made a low volume (in my opinion) pull up. This pull up might be a prep for something - as some releases are coming from today till the end of this week. Please find attached some speculations about this. Any comment, critics or hint - highly appreciated :eusa-think:
OILWTIH4-30-05-prophecies(1).png
OILWTIH4-30-05-prophecies(1).png (128.21 KiB) Viewed 6755 times
P.S. then again - if there were no low volume pullup my thinking would be that ranging is for filling long orders (spike up preparation). But since the pull up, my bias is short
P.S.2 Perhaps this is not PVSRA but one more thing... UCAD and OIL are corelated. Oils dump on 25.05 was connected to UCAD pump the same moment. Today was a serious dump for UCAD (while not so serious reason - not as so high impact release as reaction would suggest). This is connected to the small up in Oil. Maybe this is a preparation for Oil dump so the UCAD may return to previous level ? :think: or am I delusional ? :mrgreen:
M

No, you are not delusional. All are possibilities. We just do not know what the MMs will do.....-Tah
may 052.png
may 052.png (82.22 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
Edit: Thank you Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Traderathome wrote: No, you are not delusional. All are possibilities. We just do not know what the MMs will do.....-Tah

An update:

We're 1,5 h before the medium impact 'release' and something curious happened. WTI and Brent prices diverged - WTI price is dropping and Brent went slightly up / stays at local high. Well it is said that historically 'EIA Crude Oil Stocks change' release has more impact on WTI. What is also worth noting is that UCAD is going up a bit (reversed correlation with Oil). So my guess is conniving MMs are preparing for a spike up on WTI to set the price in some relation to Brent. Also UCAD will spike (but down).
Will see... :think:

Final Update.
Well, it did work out mostly. UCAD did not move, probably because it was whacked by the previous USA Tarrif news. Also suspected that Brent will move the other way so set reversed position on that. When it moved the same way switched instantly. Now the PA is on the move other way around - maybe this release and whip up was a starter to a serious whack down...?

TAH, Fisher, thanks!

Trade can be seen here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7&p=2628#p2628
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Tommorow quite big release will occur for OIL - an OPEC meetings end and a press conferences. Market is speculating about OIL production increase which is expected so an downward move may occur (now, before the conference if market will decide if this is a 100% sure information, or after the release). Anyway some volatility is expected. I bet that a continuation of drops will happen on both WTI and BRENT indexes. What do you think? Below you can find some charts. Of course I may be mistaken. Oil production increase may be as not high as expected and the price will go upwards - so do not treat this as a reccomendation for going short, more as a speculation :mrgreen:
OILBRNTH4-21.06-pending.png
OILBRNTH4-21.06-pending.png (82.89 KiB) Viewed 6509 times
Also some WTI wonderings:
OILWTIDaily-21.06-pending.png
OILWTIDaily-21.06-pending.png (63.61 KiB) Viewed 6509 times
P.S. As usual, any comments, questions, critics or additional clues - discussion in one word- is welcomed
P.S.2 EPs marked on pictures might be premature. another whip up might be done by greedy MMs to gather some orders before whack down

Cheers,
M
Pathfinder

P in PVSRA

Post by Pathfinder »

Please forgive my ignorance but I have to start out with a question from the Orientation information. In TAH's post regarding Price, it states: "price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders for SM (Smart Money) and buy orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders for SM and sell orders for DM."

My question is about the term "key SR". Regarding the statement "...price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders...." - am I too understand that as "key Resistance" levels?

Likewise...

"...price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders..." am I to understand that as "key Support levels"?
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: P in PVSRA

Post by mja »

Pathfinder wrote:Please forgive my ignorance but I have to start out with a question from the Orientation information. In TAH's post regarding Price, it states: "price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders for SM (Smart Money) and buy orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders for SM and sell orders for DM."

My question is about the term "key SR". Regarding the statement "...price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders...." - am I too understand that as "key Resistance" levels?

Likewise...

"...price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders..." am I to understand that as "key Support levels"?
I'm not sure if I understand your question, if not, please rephrase. Yes key SR are key support or resistance levels respectively. They can be whole levels, half numbers, quarters and also other important levels that price historically was consolidating on . And as for this consolidations above / below key SRs, they should always be treated as one of the clues, not as a main one.

Rgds,M
Pathfinder

Re: P in PVSRA

Post by Pathfinder »

mja wrote: I'm not sure if I understand your question, if not, please rephrase. Yes key SR are key support or resistance levels respectively. They can be whole levels, half numbers, quarters and also other important levels that price historically was consolidating on . And as for this consolidations above / below key SRs, they should always be treated as one of the clues, not as a main one.

Rgds,M
Hi M. Thanks for the reply. To restate the question, if I read TAH's statement as "...price tends to consolidate above key Resistance levels when MMs are filling sell orders for SM (Smart Money) and buy orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key Support levels when MMs are filling buy orders for SM and sell orders for DM..."... Would that be correct?