Re: Questions & Answers

surferdude

Post by surferdude »

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to change the FONT size in the access panel? Bcos my access panel is showing up weird. And why is there a GREY area on the right of the access panel? pls kindly help.

Surferdude
Attachments
New PVSRA.JPG
New PVSRA.JPG (258.75 KiB) Viewed 5949 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

surferdude wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone know how to change the FONT size in the access panel? Bcos my access panel is showing up weird. And why is there a GREY area on the right of the access panel? pls kindly help.

Surferdude
Hi,
some time ago I saw a post where Tah suspected that this behavior is typical while using quadHD monitors with its native resolution - but I doubt it since I do have a qHD 27 inch display and no problems with PVSRA template.
What kind of display do you have? (inches?, resolution?)

Maybe changing setting named "Panel_font_size_7_vs_8" in access panel indicator settings will help ? :think:
Or maybe you have some non standard Windows system fonts size ? :think:

MJ
surferdude

Post by surferdude »

mja wrote:
Hi,
some time ago I saw a post where Tah suspected that this behavior is typical while using quadHD monitors with its native resolution - but I doubt it since I do have a qHD 27 inch display and no problems with PVSRA template.
What kind of display do you have? (inches?, resolution?)

Maybe changing setting named "Panel_font_size_7_vs_8" in access panel indicator settings will help ? :think:
Or maybe you have some non standard Windows system fonts size ? :think:

MJ
Hi MJ

Currently I'm running on the HP Pavilion 15 inch FHD - Screen resolution 1920x1080. I have also use it on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12inch - Cleartype.
Both are looking the same, except with the 15 inch having a better render of the access panel.

Tried - changing setting named "Panel_font_size_7_vs_8" in access panel indicator settings. However it will toggle between a BOLD font & normal font.

I have no issue with the pre 3-4-2018 template so prob will switch back.

surferdude
SMF

Post by SMF »

Hi All,

In my case this happened when I was using Windows font scaling more that 100% -see attached.
Scaling.PNG
Scaling.PNG (6.01 KiB) Viewed 5882 times
Regards,
SMF
surferdude

Post by surferdude »

SMF wrote:Hi All,

In my case this happened when I was using Windows font scaling more that 100% -see attached.Scaling.PNG

Regards,
SMF
Hi SMF,

Thanks for helping. Tried your method but didn't managed to solve my issue... guess I will have to live with it for now.

Surferdude
ericb1981

Post by ericb1981 »

Can anyone help please. I'm having a hard time finding the setting in the access panel that changes the new york time to my local time( central time/chicago ) The reason is that my vLines for New York Open/ London close etc is all off by 1 Hours ahead of what my actual time is. I've tried changing the preface to "L" with the assumption that it would be local time for me but i still haven't got it to work correctly. if this is not an option...the next rev can the option of "chicago/central time be added please?

I've read the user notes about setting the clock time vs server time. i set to false, change the name to London but it is (BG+1). i have it at just London in the AP. not sure maybe that has something to do with it? thank you in advance.
ericb1981

Re: Trading PVSRA on Mac

Post by ericb1981 »

robmagario wrote:
robmagario wrote:
Hi, Robson,

Early on here a few members were going around briefly on the topic, but I do not recall that any consensus resulted. I have just Googled this. Quite a number of urls exist about running MT4 on Mac. I briefly scanned a few of them. Some of the urls are brokers using their solution to gain customers. Some urls seem to be for "independent" MT4 users. I do not have a Mac, am not at familiar with it. I wish I could be of help to you. All I can offer is the suggestion that you too Google this topic. I even saw a video on it. There might be more than one. My best wishes on the results of your effort.

To All PVSRA Musketeers Here,

If any of you have a good solution for Robson, please post it here, ASAP! Thank you.

Sincerely,
:) Tah
Thanks Tah. I have returned home and I decided to just stick to Windows for the time being.

i am currently running the new templates on my mac with the update from march 4 2018.

what i use that works on mac is parallels application & mt4 with 3 different live brokers( traders way, fxglory & the traders domain )

DM and i can help you out if needed. i believe the changes that TAH and his team made, corrected some issues from before.
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Hi, does "sheduled releases" indicator in PVSRA v2 template or FF data feed are functioning correcty ?
In attachement you will find two CAD pairs.One of them (CADJPY) has the CAD GDP m/m release but CADCHF does not. Is that expected behaviour? :think:
CADJPYM30-pvsrav2-releases.png
CADJPYM30-pvsrav2-releases.png (153.8 KiB) Viewed 5739 times
CADCHFM30-pvsrav2-releases.png
CADCHFM30-pvsrav2-releases.png (149.39 KiB) Viewed 5739 times
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Bulletin Board: Comments, Questions & Answers

Post by Traderathome »

mja wrote:Hi, does "sheduled releases" indicator in PVSRA v2 template or FF data feed are functioning correcty ?
In attachement you will find two CAD pairs.One of them (CADJPY) has the CAD GDP m/m release but CADCHF does not. Is that expected behaviour? :think:

CADJPYM30-pvsrav2-releases.png
CADCHFM30-pvsrav2-releases.png
I think I have that repaired. Not sure when there might be a new release, though. :) -tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: Bulletin Board - Comments, Questions & Answers

Post by mja »

Dear fellow Novice Traders,
I'm adressing this post to all novice traders here which are trying to learn and apply the art of PVSRA/HTMRW. I encourage everyone to post their trades in Trading Room. Real Accont trades, demo trades, doesn't matter.
Why ?

- by hunting proper TVT20 FIFO setups you slowly make your brain react to certain situations automatically, making less mistakes while making trades. Hunting, when you can share your prey is more enyoyable as far as it is not a goal in its own (an approbation lust)
- by creating screenshot and creating chart annotations you are rethinking the whole trade, what could be done better, often noticing new valuable things. This also improves future trades.
- by posting it you can get valuable comments from Prof Tah and others but what is most important you share with all others valuable knowledge. Even if annotations you create are not correct, they create discussion (and this creates knowledge)
- by posting you engage others in discussion - discussion is good (again - knowledge, sharing experiences, etc)

In short words - only benefits :mrgreen:

I'm writing these words from my own novice perspective - I've got interested in PVSRA/HTMRW couple months ago and got little experience prior. Needles to say at the beggining of my trading my trades were always opposite the market. Now they're also often failed but for other reasons - unfortunately trading is all about patience and many of us novice, including me, lacks this virtue. How to handle impatience cannot be passed from experienced traders, but other things, like HTMRW or how to improve our trading etc can.
So, see you in Trading Room!

Cheers,
MJ

P.S. Just be sure you are using clean PVSRA template while posting your trades :whistle:

Dear mja,

This post of yours is a "beyond the call of duty" contribution. I sincerely thank you for this. I am sure others that read this will, in their hearts, thank you also. I look forward to more of this sort of contributory participation from the many others that are here because this is an example of what we all here for; to improve our own trading and, if we can, help others along the way in this manner. :) -Tah

EDIT: Your welcome. I think that more users are active more we all will benefit from it.
MJ
Draganov33

Post by Draganov33 »

Hello Sir,
I am new to PVSRA but have basic knowledge of volume spread analysis(VSA). I wanted to know if there is any PDF on on how to relate price and volume using PVSRA, Your trading and analysis examples. What is SonicR? I really appreciate for your kindness to help others to learn. God bless you all kind sirs.

Thanking you.
Draganov33
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Draganov33 wrote:Hello Sir,
I am new to PVSRA but have basic knowledge of volume spread analysis(VSA). I wanted to know if there is any PDF on on how to relate price and volume using PVSRA, Your trading and analysis examples. What is SonicR? I really appreciate for your kindness to help others to learn. God bless you all kind sirs.

Thanking you.
Draganov33
For a start, I suggest you read and re-read everything in the Orientation Room and Study Hall and the User Notes of indicators in the Downloads Room. By the way, your chart picture can be improved, if only you would also re-read the Post on Posting Etiquette in the Orientation Room. You have a LOT of HOMEWORK to do here before you start throwing out questions, many....maybe all of which.....will be answered as you do your HOMEWORK.

Draganov33

Post by Draganov33 »

Traderathome wrote:

Thanking you.
Draganov33
For a start, I suggest you read and re-read everything in the Orientation Room and Study Hall and the User Notes of indicators in the Downloads Room. By the way, your chart picture can be improved, if only you would also re-read the Post on Posting Etiquette in the Orientation Room. You have a LOT of HOMEWORK to do here before you start throwing out questions, many....maybe all of which.....will be answered as you do your HOMEWORK.

Thanks Tah...
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Thanking you.
Draganov33
Hi,
Ive seen your trade in Trade Room and since Ive been where you are not so long ago, so I'll add my opinion:

- the HOMEWORK is overwhelming at first but it gives results. Read the Orientation and StudyHall materials and try to read old Trade Room posts then. Refer what you see in old trades to the words in Study hall. Reread Studyhall periodically. It really, really brings more elements into the puzzle when you come back after some time in the market. Ive tested that.
- There are other materials, old FF and Donna forex Tahs posts, but knowlegde here, for starters is sufficient
- focus on a model TVT20 FIFO trade (M15 zigzag trade in studyhall)
- for me M5 is too low TF. I very rarely drop to M5. M15 is sufficient, and higher
- Etiquette is important. It brings standarization. Hint: there is a lot easier way to do screenshots without MT4 buttons. It is described in the materials in details.

As for audcad. On M15 you can see that trends are ok, there are pullbacks, specific zigzacs. You can apply knowledge from Studyhall/Tradingroom to below picture and have a full overview. There was some oportunity today on this pair, but also risk concerning taking a trade on Frankurt and London session open ;)
AUDCADM15.png
AUDCADM15.png (156.26 KiB) Viewed 5570 times

MJ
Draganov33

Post by Draganov33 »

mja wrote:

Thanking you.
Draganov33
Hi,
Ive seen your trade in Trade Room and since Ive been where you are not so long ago, so I'll add my opinion:

- the HOMEWORK is overwhelming at first but it gives results. Read the Orientation and StudyHall materials and try to read old Trade Room posts then. Refer what you see in old trades to the words in Study hall. Reread Studyhall periodically. It really, really brings more elements into the puzzle when you come back after some time in the market. Ive tested that.
- There are other materials, old FF and Donna forex Tahs posts, but knowlegde here, for starters is sufficient
- focus on a model TVT20 FIFO trade (M15 zigzag trade in studyhall)
- for me M5 is too low TF. I very rarely drop to M5. M15 is sufficient, and higher
- Etiquette is important. It brings standarization. Hint: there is a lot easier way to do screenshots without MT4 buttons. It is described in the materials in details.

As for audcad. On M15 you can see that trends are ok, there are pullbacks, specific zigzacs. You can apply knowledge from Studyhall/Tradingroom to below picture and have a full overview. There was some oportunity today on this pair, but also risk concerning taking a trade on Frankurt and London session open ;)

AUDCADM15.png

MJ
Thanks sir. I have read the post on study hall and trying to understand. I am reading old PDF on pvsra by tah and all seniors. Getting some clue but will take time b4 I can really understand MM moves. Hoping more to learn from you all. Deeply appreciated your comments. :D
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Fisher755 wrote:GBPUSD Short Scalps:
As promised I will post some examples here and there....
Explanation on chart.
Hi Fisher,

for scalping examples from Trading Room, one question: do you observe M5 and drop to M1 for precise entry or do you observe M1 ?
Thanks in advance for the answer!

MJ
Draganov33

Post by Draganov33 »

I am confused about changing clock time zone my broker time is GMT +2, should i change Helsinki from clock server proxy location in access panel.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

mja wrote:
Fisher755 wrote:GBPUSD Short Scalps:
As promised I will post some examples here and there....
Explanation on chart.
Hi Fisher,

for scalping examples from Trading Room, one question: do you observe M5 and drop to M1 for precise entry or do you observe M1 ?
Thanks in advance for the answer!

MJ
I observe all time frames ( Weekly and Monthly not all the time but once per week ) and know important price levels by heart. For example also for EU that I didn't trade for a very long time and I even don't have the chart open. But I still know all important price levels for EU. If I would be a position trader I could place trades only by knowing where the price is compared to months or weeks ago.
But this also comes with expirience and many many many hours observing charts. ;)

Knowledge , expirience and constant awereness are powerfull tools.
But don't be mistaken - this doesn't mean I don't have losses, it just means I have an edge and win more then I loose!
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Fisher755 wrote: I observe all time frames ( Weekly and Monthly not all the time but once per week ) and know important price levels by heart.
Interesting. For how many pairs are you able to keep up with so many details ? Seems to me It's impossible to do it for all majors and large number of minors :think:

MJ

@Draganov33
re-read the "Access Panel User Notes", It's all in there
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

mja wrote:
Fisher755 wrote: I observe all time frames ( Weekly and Monthly not all the time but once per week ) and know important price levels by heart.
Interesting. For how many pairs are you able to keep up with so many details ? Seems to me It's impossible to do it for all majors and large number of minors :think:

MJ

@Draganov33
re-read the "Access Panel User Notes", It's all in there
UJ, GU , EU , AU , UC and EG. The rest are derivates of these prices to some extent ( more or less ) ....
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!