Re: Questions & Answers

Libra

Re: POSTING TRADES & STRATEGY

Post by Libra »

Traderathome wrote:
Libra wrote:Hallo,

I have four questions.

1. When posting trades. Should we stick to the TVT20 Strategy or we can post our own strategies analysed using PVSRA?
2. Are we allowed to post with additional indicators. Something that will assist explaining my thoughts?
3. What is this indicator with red and green dots attached above the News Calendar? See attachment. I have noticed it couple of times. LOL!
4. How long does it take one to be classified as inactive member. I would not want to be thrown out from this place.

2018-01-27 02_22_16-TVT20 no SL - Page 2 - PVSRAInternationalWithTraderathome.com.png

Personally, I have used PVSRA since i learnt it from FF on your thread and previous Sonic classic trading. However, I have devised a different way to trade with it. I even trade counter trends after i see stopping volumes after a long run.

Thank you.
Hi,

1. Any trader can trade however they find PVSRA helps them best. TVT20 is just a single method, focused on a setup that should be easy for the eye to spot and based on a quick in-out trade plan, because the longer a trade runs, the more time there is for things to go wrong.
2. Nope. Use them on a template of your own, but not on anything posted here. We cannot stop any trader from experimenting with other stuff, but we believe when all is said and done, successful traders unanimously agree that "less is best". We can get used to seeing indicators "looking" a certain way ahead of moves, and become more and more reliant on that situation. But the problem with all indicators other than volume is that they are naught but a derivative of price itself, mathematically tweaked one way or the other to present a certain appearance that is different from price itself,....an appearance that might make it easier to spot a "coming move". But becoming reliant on that belies the REAL TRUTH about HTMRW, which is that we can NEVER know how the MMs will move price next, no matter what indicators we use or how many of them we use. So, it is preferred to use FEW!
3. It is just an experimental indicator showing whether or not the selected trend is angled +/-/0 on the time frames.
4. login when you arrive and this will show you are active. It is not necessary to be actively posting, although that is the only way a member can participate in a visual way that can lead to helping others while engaging in self-improvement. :)
Thank you for reply master Tah!

Actually the indicator i was referring to is Previous Daily and Previous Weekly High and Low. Thank you for again.

Libra
Market Manipulation - "Market Makers Drop to Buy; Market Makers Pump to Dump."
Libra

CHART EDITING TOOL

Post by Libra »

Hallo Runner,

What editing tool is this you use?
GBPCHFH1 310118.png
GBPCHFH1 310118.png (113.05 KiB) Viewed 7703 times
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CHART EDITING TOOL

Post by runner »

Libra wrote:Hallo Runner,

GBPCHFH1 310118.png
Its post processing pic editor. paint.net.
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
Libra

Re: CHART EDITING TOOL

Post by Libra »

runner wrote:
Libra wrote:Hallo Runner,

GBPCHFH1 310118.png
Its post processing pic editor. paint.net.
Awesome. It works just as i expected. Thank you
Ghostface1988

Post by Ghostface1988 »

Hello fellows.
I have and idea and planning to create group for PVSRA day traders. Iam searching some prprogram www.zello.com internet walkie talkie to talk to trade together. Live talking with microphone and sharing analyses and opportunities. If anyone interested let me know.
Thanks.
Fisher755
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Fisher755 »

Ghostface1988 wrote:Hello fellows.
I have and idea and planning to create group for PVSRA day traders. Iam searching some prprogram http://www.zello.com internet walkie talkie to talk to trade together. Live talking with microphone and sharing analyses and opportunities. If anyone interested let me know.
Thanks.
Denmas has such a group on FB ( Pips Net). Personaly I find it hard to talk and trade, especialy if not at PC most of the time. But if nothing else you can join existing group, there are some non-Asian traders participating there too.

BTW- very nice trades today. Congrats!!! :dance:
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Ghostface1988

Post by Ghostface1988 »

Fisher755 wrote:
Ghostface1988 wrote:Hello fellows.
I have and idea and planning to create group for PVSRA day traders. Iam searching some prprogram internet walkie talkie to talk to trade together. Live talking with microphone and sharing analyses and opportunities. If anyone interested let me know.
Thanks.
Denmas has such a group on FB ( Pips Net). Personaly I find it hard to talk and trade, especialy if not at PC most of the time. But if nothing else you can join existing group, there are some non-Asian traders participating there too.

BTW- very nice trades today. Congrats!!! :dance:
Yes im there. But most of them post non pvsra charts. I only see volume on Denmas charts. If anyone is interested i created Channel name "PVSRA" on Zello.
If anyone wants to join feel free. Go to http://www.zello.com and download the aplication. No need to talk all the time. Just say if see something interested.
Regards.
Libra

Post by Libra »

How does one maintain the entry and exit positions after price has moved after hours like below attachment. Or should i not change symbol? I noticed after awhile am not able to keep the record of trades on my charts.

Answer: Read the PDF! - Tah

Chart Posted By Zan on Trading Room.
GBPJPYM15 005.png
GBPJPYM15 005.png (73.68 KiB) Viewed 7594 times
Traderathome

Re: Happy Birthday, qFish!

Post by Traderathome »

Happy Birthday, qFish!

Dear qFish,

We all wish you a wonderful day on this, your Birthday,.....that you relax and enjoy being with your family. And I personally wish to express again my deep gratitude to you for all the work you have done in support of this site, and even before when we needed help with indicators due to the introduction of MT4 Build 600. I do not forget this, and not any of what you have done out of generosity and kindness, my friend. So, have a great day and prayerfully a great year, qFish! Thank you for being you.

Sincerely,
:) Tah
Traderathome

Re: Learning PVSRA & Keys to Setups

Post by Traderathome »

Newbies and Oldbies, PVSRA Musketeers Come One, Come All,

Perhaps this will help. The following is the text of a PM I received. The individual (identity kept anonymous) wonders if PVSRA is static, or if it has evolved such that information early on, and at different places around the world, is overshadowed now by current events. Read this for yourself, as I am sure practically everyone will be able to relate to the thoughts this individual has expressed. And at the conclusion of your careful reading of this, I have offered a synopsis that might help everyone.

Dear Tah, hi

first of all I would like to thank you for for putting your effort in giving knowledge to the community. It is a pleasure reading your lessons, hints and detailed analyses that I've found in FF, Donna and here. I'm a newbie and I started to read on PVSRA couple of weeks ago. As you can imagine my head feels like a exploding but that the learning process. Right now I feel like understanding none of it - especially when I'm trying to apply MM's logic/mechanics on current price movement

As I understand it it will take months/years to grasp fraction of the 7th sense experienced users of your technique have. Hoping that I have enough perseverance

I have some question though - there is a lot of material on FF, DonnaForex and here. Then again, someone pointed that PVSRA evolved during recent years. I'm wondering, for a newbie like me is it better to focus only on material given here or to read the textbook threads in FF and Donna also ? what do you recomend ? Reason I'm asking is that I do feel more of 'theory' I absorb (same topics rephrased differently) more chances that I'll understand it correctly (given into consideration the language barrier and not being a pro trader)

My second question is about making sure that I see all the materials I should see on this forum. As for PVSRA learning materials, I can see 5 posts in 1 thread in the study hall section and Golden Posts collection in the archives vault. At first I thought that this is the essence thet you decided is best for newbies - and after reading it they should follow trading room posts. But then I found your post on membership privileges and thought I'm not missing anything.

Thank you once again for your hard work.
Anonymous

Three things now, very briefly; PVSRA, evaluating setups, and trading limits/HTMRW.

PVSRA has not changed. It encompasses every technical way there is to assess price action, but keeping the focus on keeping volume involved in the assessment process. This is because volume is the only technical metric other than price action itself which is not just another derivative of price action, which indeed all other indicators are. What MT4 offers for volume is the count of "ticks", which is the number of times price has changed during each chart time frame. True volume would be the actual quantity of currency traded between tick changes, but we are not offered that information. However, what we have is good enough because we are looking for relative changes in activity that are significant. So we do not need actual currency quantities. And all the different brokers might show different tick counts during a chart time frame. This also is not a problem since we are only looking for "relative" activity changes that are significant. Obviously, skill with PVSRA can only improve with "screen time"; time spent viewing charts, studying the state of PA that spawned setups that led to moves that would have been profitable to trade, and studying the difference between that state of PA and the state of PA that spawned setups that failed. This is a skill that can only improve in the same way that the skill a child has doing jigsaw puzzles improves as the child does more puzzles, and more difficult puzzles over time. Time and repetition causes something to happen in our brain to establish "short cuts" to processing the data and seeing the solution.

Now here is a possible key to evaluating setups. As you read this it is presumed you already have read about what our setup is; essentially the solid trend with proper angle in the vicinity of a key level (whole or half level) with PA looking like it might cross, or has recently crossed the key level,.....Solid trend angled up and PA above it for longs, and Solid trend angled down and PA below it for shorts. The key offered here is in two parts. The first part is simple. Look at the PVA bars immediately leading up to this setup. If the setup is for a long the PVA bars should be predominately BELOW that key level. If the setup is for a short, the PVA bars should be predominately ABOVE that key level. If this is the case, odds have it that the setup will lead to a decent move. If this is NOT the case, the setup is probably going to FAIL! Also, while "setups" not involving whole/half key levels can, at times, spawn decent runs, they are predominately FAILURES....unless you are scalping for fewer pips. The second part of the key offered here concerns what happens with PA after the setup "breakout", meaning when PA moves past the previous most significant high/low (for longs/shorts) made while PA ranged before the breakout. By observation, most times PA will at some point retrace to the breakout area, or even to that actual previous significant high/low. This is probably done by the MMs so their SM friends and clients that are "late comers" (a bit late in recognizing the opportunity) can still get in on the action to come. The MMs are always lusting after those commissions to be made. That is their primary interest, not where they need to move price to get them. For us, this is important information because those times that it happens gives us also another EP opportunity, which is especially nice if we missed the breakout itself. We can try to jump in before PA is too far gone on the move, but we can also set a pending order just above the breakout level on the chance that the MMs might return PA down there.

Imposing trading limits on yourself is another important item in our method. Trade very light relative to your account size; recommending the maximum of all open trades be as light as 1 mini-lot per $100 of account balance, both demo and live! Why? This is to allow you to trade with a lot less stress, while also enabling you to take more advantage of better situations when they come, also with less stress. Now, do you remember what has been said above about how our mind, subjected to repetition over time, establishes short cuts to the result? It works both ways; do the wrong thing repeatedly over time and you end up with a detrimental habit. Don't kid yourself about it. And don't kid yourself about it being easy to correct! If you think you already know HTMRW, and if it is a fact you do but you're still losing money, then you are overtrading. It is as simple as that, and you need to impose very strict limits on your trading because no trader can avoid having some losing trades. And without strict limits imposed losing trades are large trades, sometimes VERY large. And sometimes they take your entire account away from you! I hope everyone gets the message here; impose the recommended limit on yourself and learn HTMRW with a LOT less stress,.....and losses!

Well, there you have it all, in synopsis form. And a Setup Assessment is illustrated in the attached picture. But I encourage every PVSRA Musketeer to again and again read the important information on this site....centering on the information in the Study Hall (where this post will eventually be moved to)....because re-reading is the way to remember what is forgotten, even that which has been forgotten is forgotten! Re-reading (and re-thinking) is the way, together with screen time, for your creative mind to learn PVSRA and HTMRW, and create those short cuts that will enable you to process more data, more discriminately, more quickly.....and trade more successfully, so long as you also trade very light relative to account size.

PVSRA, Patience and Profits,
Attachments
Setup Assessment.png
Setup Assessment.png (111.37 KiB) Viewed 7439 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: Trading PVSRA on Mac

Post by mja »

robmagario wrote:Hi,
Is there anyone trading on Mac OS X?
I always trade on Windows, but at the moment I am on a trip in South America and I only brought my MacBook,
so I was wondering if anyone is trading on Metatrader 4 on a Mac.
I know that there are some samples of how to do it with Wine, and some other samples of how to do it on VirtualBox.
Any of you guys using those apps?
Thanks in advance,
Robson

Hi, Robson,

Early on here a few members were going around briefly on the topic, but I do not recall that any consensus resulted. I have just Googled this. Quite a number of urls exist about running MT4 on Mac. I briefly scanned a few of them. Some of the urls are brokers using their solution to gain customers. Some urls seem to be for "independent" MT4 users. I do not have a Mac, am not at familiar with it. I wish I could be of help to you. All I can offer is the suggestion that you too Google this topic. I even saw a video on it. There might be more than one. My best wishes on the results of your effort.

To All PVSRA Musketeers Here,

If any of you have a good solution for Robson, please post it here, ASAP! Thank you.

Sincerely,
Hi,
I would reccomend Virtualbox Windows instance. I have friends with macbooks and for native windows apps they use virtual windows machines (in Virtualbox for example) to be sure that the apps runs smoothly and without any problems. Also less configuration issues - just install VirtualBox, get windows & deploy it on blank virtual machine. Also you can use preinstalled Windows images for Virtualbox (google it, they are available on Microsoft pages). Just download, run and install mt4 ;)

Rgds,mj
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Hi,
Ive got this lost trade and I'm not sure what PVSRA signs could warn me on price going oposite direction. I know that the EP is not perfect, and probably if I would assume better entry point, trade would not happen. But I'm curious if there are some clues that are obvious for you and not for me.
Any comments would be appreciated.
GBPNZDM30-bad.png
GBPNZDM30-bad.png (100.23 KiB) Viewed 7081 times
Rgds,
MJ

EDIT: P.S And of course I know that the price later on went bullish. But this move hit my assumed SL

Today has been a whip-whackin' day, for sure! Great plans, great stop hunts! This is the problem...."I'm not sure what PVSRA signs could warn me on price going oposite direction." Why is this the problem? This is the problem because we know....WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY....that we NEVER can know how the MMs will move price next! We MUST have this FOREMOST in mind ALWAYS when trading!

Look, a trader can order for $1,000 their package of fundamentals guaranteed to be on the mark for the next six months, and can purchase for another $1,000 the finest of indicators (which are free elsewhere)....both of these steps guaranteed to help insure the making of tens of thousands in profits! And the trader can apply all this and await the best looking situation ever appearing on a chart. And.....there is comes! Bingo, trade on! And, as the trader sits back and dreams of all those tens of thousands in profits, the MMs are laughing because they are sucking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ into the market! And you can just imagine what the outcome will be.

Get the Fundamentals (the latest, the best, the surest), the Technicals (get the most costly, of course) and when that super nice chart shows up.....take all that shit, stuff it up the MM's ass with a stick of dynamite..........AND LIGHT THE FUSE!

We don't know how the MMs will move price next! -Tah :snooty:

What we do know is that we should look for the best PA situations before placing our bet, and even then trade very light relative to account size. And we know that if the MMs screw around with the price, making it go against the trade, we should close before the red becomes BIG red. And we know that by trading light relative to account size, should the MMs run a stop hunt that does NOT threaten to produce BIG red, we can take advantage of it or wait until the trade is running green again and with the "tell" of the stop hunt, now maybe add to the trade with just little more confidence. :think:

I hope this helps.
:)

EDIT: Thank you Tah. I guess since this is a rigged market with PA dependent only on how big MMs wants/needs the price to be, these kind of situations are expected : :?

Yes, the markets are rigged. The MMs of the stock market, derivatives market, commodities market and currency market control the price...where it stays, where it goes...the timing and the sequence of directions and distances they will move price to capture commissionable orders and to execute stop hunts to legally steal money from market participants. - Tah

EDIT: But, reffering to the chart and what "proper" EP is assumed on the attached picture, waiting for this EP would result in good trade right up to RDH ;)

Actually, looking closely at this chart, the best EP opportunity (price AND time) came in the LS where shown on in the picture below, the area just below the whole level. And MMs kept returning price there, mabye to complete the filling of SM long orders. But, NYS was sure to have their crack at it, too, so one would half expect that the MMs would return price to there in NYS. No nasty retrace after that stop hunt, either...in this case. We can never know what is coming next. Ever. - Tah :)
Attachments
mar 025.png
mar 025.png (89.79 KiB) Viewed 7008 times
fvanderwerf

Post by fvanderwerf »

Hi,

I read the most optimal time to trade PVSRA is during the London session. However, I have a full-time job and a family, so I can only trade in the evenings which would be roughly the last three hours of the NY session. Is this feasible for someone with little trading experience? What are the differences I should take into account when trading in this time span instead of LS?

Thanks,
Fabian
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

fvanderwerf wrote:Hi,

I read the most optimal time to trade PVSRA is during the London session. However, I have a full-time job and a family, so I can only trade in the evenings which would be roughly the last three hours of the NY session. Is this feasible for someone with little trading experience? What are the differences I should take into account when trading in this time span instead of LS?

Thanks,
Fabian
Hi, the short answer is no, it would not be feasible. Tah explains why to trade Ls/NYs in Study Hall. Compare price movements during Ls/Nys and 'after hours' to have clearer picture - the price is much more static then thus FIFO trades (fast in fast out) are mostly not possible/risky/demanding experience
fvanderwerf

Post by fvanderwerf »

mja wrote:
fvanderwerf wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
Fabian
Hi, the short answer is no, it would not be feasible. Tah explains why to trade Ls/NYs in Study Hall. Compare price movements during Ls/Nys and 'after hours' to have clearer picture - the price is much more static then thus FIFO trades (fast in fast out) are mostly not possible/risky/demanding experience
So there is no point for me to further pursuit PVSRA TVT20. Thanks, mja.
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Hello,
we all know that we cannot know how MMs will move the price next - but we can speculate on PA possibilities. Do you see this USDJPY Long scenario viable ?
Trying to practice PVSRA (with good and bad results for now) so any comment on my way of thinking - gladly welcomed :mrgreen:
Maybe there are some more PVSRA clues that are missing on attached picture?

Rgds,
MJ
USDJPYM30-24.04.png
USDJPYM30-24.04.png (68.84 KiB) Viewed 7557 times
I also feel this to becoming bullish, that maybe the primary reason for the whackings has been to fill SM long orders at the lows......with maybe the MMs themselves being the only "SM" in this case....loading up on longs they will make good profits on when they start the price up and new long orders come in. The Month chart shows PA has been brought down to a level of historic significance. And that is part of PVSRA, too. Time will tell. - Tah
mar 032.png
mar 032.png (98.91 KiB) Viewed 7490 times
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

mja wrote:Hello,
we all know that we cannot know how MMs will move the price next - but we can speculate on PA possibilities. Do you see this USDJPY Long scenario viable ?
Trying to practice PVSRA (with good and bad results for now) so any comment on my way of thinking - gladly welcomed :mrgreen:
Maybe there are some more PVSRA clues that are missing on attached picture?

Rgds,
MJ
The nicest reversal setups come after extended ranging which is not the case here yet. If at least for another day MMs range UJ below the whole level here then the probabilities for a bullish reversal increases. Remains to be seen.
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Fisher755 wrote: The nicest reversal setups come after extended ranging which is not the case here yet. If at least for another day MMs range UJ below the whole level here then the probabilities for a bullish reversal increases. Remains to be seen.
Fisher, Tah, thx for the hints!

P.S. That's weird but I cannot edit my previous post. Does the availability of edit button expires after some time ? :think:

Cheers,
MJ

Probably happens when I insert my comments to another person's post. You might find that you cannot edit this post now, also. I started doing this because simply replying to posts often means no chart is visible in the reply, and a lot of work to copy it and include it in the reply. But, maybe I should stop inserting comments and simply use the reply method. - Tah
Nope, thats not it - I can edit this post. Just a thought that the edit button stops being active some predefined time after post creation for regular users.

Checked and found the time limit for post revision is 900 minutes (15 hours). That can be changed, if necessary,.....(if a good idea to do so?) -Tah
That depends on whether its better to keep conversations with you (as an admin, you're the only one editing the posts :) ) in one post or in seperate posts. But I guess increasing the limit to lets say 2-3 days would be a good idea - also to have a possibility to change something for example posted on friday and rethought on sunday

I'd think 24 hours should be enough time for post revisions. The change is made. A weekend rethought can be a new post (referring to a previous post). - Tah :think:

Ok, gr8
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Traderathome wrote:
Thomas wrote:Hi fisher

My previous user name was dean. I had to create a new username because my previous username dean wasnt acknowledged. I am also not sure why my IP address was banned. Please help.

Regards
Read and follow the very specific and clear instructions in site post #1. Is it too much to expect from someone pretending to be serious that they read even the first post here? And in an hour or so you'll be deleted again. Hope you get around to reading THIS, so you'll have a clue. Wondering how old you are......:think:
Thomas,
we do this to keep intruders and scammers away. Since we do not charge for the membership this is the only way to prevent the site. Sorry if your IP adress was banned for no reason, but all the members that do not make a propper introduction are very suspicious hence the banning. It cannot be undone.

Maybe after you read how the introduction post should look like you can try with mobile IP adress....I know it is not the same, but unfortunatly this is the only second chance you will get.
Traderathome

Re: Having Difficulty Registering?

Post by Traderathome »

Having Difficulty Registering.....?

This is from site post #1 which all registrants must read and do per the instructions within:

If you executed #1 correctly, your "City, Country" information shows to the right of your submitted Introduction Post. If not, you have not completed step #1. Please edit your Profile to include your "City, Country" information so that it does show to the right of your Introduction Post. If you executed #2 correctly, your "Introduction
Post" will be the last one in the roster. If it is not, if it is in a topic all by itself, delete it and repeat #2 more carefully.

Administration will, in due time, provide registrants with steps #1 and #2 completed as requested, access to the Trading Room and the Downloads Room containing the template/indicators files and the User Notes posts.
If you complete your registration without properly doing steps #1 and #2 as requested, your registration is deleted without warning or notice of this sent to you. We simply do not have the time to coddle browsers who didn't take the time themselves to properly do this. You can re-register, but not with the same username.

While doing your Introduction post it is a simple matter to view other Introduction posts, to check that you are doing these two things correctly. It is that simple.....unless you ignore site post #1 and it's instructions.

- Tah