Re: Questions & Answers

coinfliper

Post by coinfliper »

Hello , maybe somebody can help me to fix AP mess?
Attachments
Alpari MT4.png
Alpari MT4.png (177.46 KiB) Viewed 10954 times
Untitled11.png
Untitled11.png (439.62 KiB) Viewed 10954 times
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Traderathome »

coinfliper wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:40 am Hello , maybe somebody can help me to fix AP mess?
I believe there are posts on this, to be found in this Topic section.
eduferreyra14

Post by eduferreyra14 »

Trading What You Believe vs Trade Only What You See.

I know, we cannot know how MMs move the next price, but to (trade only what you see) increases our probability of being on the right side in a trade fifo.
Either way, wait for a good angle of trends and dragon... never hurts and with more clues PVSRA better.
Attachments
EURAUDBELIVIE.png
EURAUDBELIVIE.png (56.78 KiB) Viewed 10907 times
Euraud-trade-only-what-you-see.png
Euraud-trade-only-what-you-see.png (62.12 KiB) Viewed 10907 times
praetorion

Post by praetorion »

After a bit of research, here are the steps taken to resolve the display issue that looks as below
Before Fix.png
Before Fix.png (40.91 KiB) Viewed 10587 times
The behaviour is caused mainly due to the screen resolution unable to handle High DPI Settings. so let us try to resolve this step by step.

1. Right Click on the ICON MT4
2. Select Open File Location, you will be taken to the folder with shortcuts. Right Click on your broker MT4 Application and select open file location from properties again OR from Windows explorer select your MT4 Folder location, in my case it was C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 IC Markets (Maybe it is different for your install path)
3. Now Right Click on the "TERMINAL.EXE" and then Select the Compatibility Tab and check "Reduced Color Mode and set it to 65535" colors
Compatibility Tab.png
Compatibility Tab.png (40.15 KiB) Viewed 10587 times
4. Select the "Change High DPI Settings" and Select the Option " Use this Setting to Fix Scaling Problems.." Option and then Check the Box "Override High DPI Scaling Behavior Option"
terminalexe.png
terminalexe.png (49.84 KiB) Viewed 10587 times
5. Now Right Click your Desktop and select Display Settings, Reduce the Screen Scaling option to 100 as shown below
Scaling Settings.png
Scaling Settings.png (11 KiB) Viewed 10587 times
6. Start your Meta Trader and it should now be fine without adjusting the Access Panel Settings.
After Fix.png
After Fix.png (42.96 KiB) Viewed 10587 times
LGSO

Questions & Answers

Post by LGSO »

Dear, good afternoon! I'm a novice trader. I would like to know how you operate day trades, to search for 200 pips in a trade? what timeframes do you use? I'm using TF 15, 5 and 1 minute
Thank you!
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

LGSO wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 pm Dear, good afternoon! I'm a novice trader. I would like to know how you operate day trades, to search for 200 pips in a trade? what timeframes do you use? I'm using TF 15, 5 and 1 minute
Thank you!
M15 is the usual TF on which we post our trades. However, all chart TFs are there to help during trading! So, frequent use of WK1 -M1 by a trader to get his/her bearings is fine. Just remember, however, while swing trades (inter-day trades) do present themselves, our bread and butter are intra-day trades (TVT20s) and so frequent use of lower TFs is understandable. It is on these lower TFs that additional PVSRA (PVA) clues can present themselves.
Traderathome

Re: Alert on EURJPY!

Post by Traderathome »

Alert! EURJPY

This is undergoing unusual PA: Very high "settlement" volume at day changeover and very persistent support as MMs encourage price higher. Beware. This could be MMs catering to SM sell orders!

Just how I see it. Mind your charts diligently if you are involved in this one.
may 076.png
may 076.png (82.37 KiB) Viewed 10387 times

Update, June 4, 2022

MMs pumped price several hundred pips. You can see during the three instances of retraces, when MMs would be aggressively filling SM (institutional) sell orders, the volume decreases dramatically, indicating the effort might be nearing completion. Then, MMs suddenly change to pumping the price.....working it higher, even in the absence of true market activity. This is a Short Squeeze, designed to knock out as many non-institutional sellers as possible, with the MMs themselves taking over those sell positions (and the profits represented by the losses on those positions at the time those sellers fold). The "bull trend" might be soon ending; soon as the MMs....now aggressively taking the counterparty side of buyers trades....run the price high enough to exhaust both buyers and the profits of the Short Squeeze. Remember, Short Squeezes are intended to knock out all but the big institutions (SM) that (1) expect and (2) have plenty of money to withstand the MM's attempt to Short Squeeze out as many others as possible.
jun 014.png
jun 014.png (97.96 KiB) Viewed 10365 times

Also note where the current price is on this MONTH chart......and that the bull move this time involves far more money than the last time and that there has been an INCREASE in activity as the price went higher......"Buy low, sell high."
jun 015.png
jun 015.png (96.72 KiB) Viewed 10365 times
newrain

Post by newrain »

I have issues loading the website. Often then not, I will load up a cloudflare 522 error page as shown in the screenshot. Is there something I can do to resolve this?

No, nothing can be done. Sometimes it appears to be the host server. Most often it appears to be a network server. We can only wait for resumption of service. - Tah
Attachments
Cloudflare 522 error
Cloudflare 522 error
Screenshot 2022-06-18 at 10.26.09 PM.png (121.04 KiB) Viewed 10289 times
Pietrus914

Post by Pietrus914 »

Hello everyone!
I have been testing the PVSRA for several months, but quite unconventionally because of the indices (US30, DE30). The conclusion I have reached is the separation of volume candles entirely for only those where the volume is really powerful (MM candles). On Trading View I have an indicator where I can change the range of the last candles and the volume increase but I miss it on MT4. As a result, a lot of false signals are suppressed and the total number of signals is reduced to 2-4 per day. Is it possible to add to PVSRA Candles Set v2 settings: candle interval and% increase in volume or provide the code of this indicator for modification in MQ4 ??
Thank you and best regards.

Anything is possible, but not everything possible will bring enough fruit to make the work worthwhile. Candle interval is visually evident from the chart. While a nit-picking % increase from previous bar is possible, the visual comparison of bar heights should be clue enough. And keep in mind that every broker volume chart will differ from the others, due to using different liquidity providers. It is relative volume increase that counts, which is quite visual, sometimes from bar to bar, but more significant when there is a group of bars showing relative increases over previous bars. In any case, actual % differences do not affect the story line about what is happening. I am not sure what you mean by a "false signals". The objective is to know when SM is active. They might be buying, or selling, or closing. And this is where the whole of PVSRA comes in.

By the way, please read and follow the Registration Instructions! If you intend to stay, that is. Otherwise, all is soon deleted. - Tah

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

This person never registered. Conclusion: He was not interested in being here to help others while growing, just wanted free labor and then to disappear again. - Tah
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Good night all. Hoping to get some assistance with the PVSRA template on a VPS. Works fine on laptop/desktop but "Calendar warning: Failed to download file" is seen on VPS. While not absolutely critical - would like to resolve if possible.

Have not reached to where I can leave my day job and trade. So I periodically trade from my phone then connect to my VPS to get a better view of the chart from my mobile. Everything else seems to work - just the calendar doesn't.

I've already allowed MT4 and anything else through the firewall. I've disabled the firewall for testing and it still gives the error. I've verified that the MT4 settings on my desktop/laptop match what's on the VPS - but still the same error. Any suggestions of anything that could be tried?
trading_knight

Post by trading_knight »

Hello everyone,

Again i want to be thankful to everyone involved within this wonderful community.
Besides, i just wanted to ask if i do understand well the concept of the setup with TVT PVSRA. In fact, today i spotted a potential entry on EURJPY 15mn charts as you can see on the attached file.
So i would like to know if my thinkings about the setup fits the TVT plan please:
1 - Trends stacked bearish
2 - Frankfurt retrace up to trends with volume (green)
3 - London open and directly give a bearish engulfling with bearish volume just above half level
4 - My entry would be after the engulfing candle and SL above it

Thanks for correcting me and for your kind support.
Regards,
Trading_Knight

You can go by reading the candle category if you have confidence there. However, we specify to wait for the Dragon to develop a curve down/down angle. Yes, this does not catch all the moves. It also avoids a lot of aggravations. - Tah
Attachments
EJ_22072022.png
EJ_22072022.png (63.75 KiB) Viewed 10075 times
Cabral4

Post by Cabral4 »

newrain wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:32 am I have issues loading the website. Often then not, I will load up a cloudflare 522 error page as shown in the screenshot. Is there something I can do to resolve this?

No, nothing can be done. Sometimes it appears to be the host server. Most often it appears to be a network server. We can only wait for resumption of service. - Tah
I had the same problem for the entire first half of this year. But this week here in Brazil, apparently, it started working normally again. :dance:

Yes, it is working better now. Mr. "mja" completely updated our site software. He might have talked to the server folks and had them do something, also. We all owe a lot to mja for so much that he has done here for us. - Tah
Dipiers

Post by Dipiers »

Hi all,

I am really new in the PVRSI world and forum...so be patient please if I ask dumb questions...I am still part of the dumb money (not always...but still...) :P

I see you all talking about FIFO (fast in, fast out) but looking at your trades (generally speaking) they stay open for a while, many hours or more. Understanding that each one has his own style and preferred TF, how fast should be "fast"?

How do you decide that the TVT20...may also go further leaving trades open overnight?

Sounds like you are asking questions before even doing your HOMEWORK here! There are posts in the Study Hall that talk about this. In brief, no one knows how far PA will go. Period. Because many times PA will move for a trade in the LS, then retrace for another move in the NYS, exiting early and later making the trade again works better than sticking around to lose on the retrace and end up much later with maybe no more than you already had hours earlier. As for carrying a trade over to the next day or week, swap charges might be against you. Plus, lingering long in the market exposes you greater risk, including the rare Black Swann event. Perhaps there are other reasons, too, such as the trader's personal lifestyle, etc. Anyway, things like this are always in the category of "It's the trader's choice." Please do your HOMEWORK here! Thank you. - Tah
MadDog8791

Post by MadDog8791 »

Hello everyone.

I have been studying Tino's Hybrid System or 12 months and applying it to forex as my bread and butter. I was getting increasingly more accurate towards the end of the year but lost it when the markets turned around in September. I realised I do not know enough to continue along that path and Tino was changing his focus. I took some time off and have gone back to the fundamentals of studying PVSRA from day 1.

I have a long way to go. This is not a lazy "someone do the homework for me" post. I have read through all the material and different sections to gather where the information is but I am now unsure where to focus my attention while I read, read, read the fundamentals.

There are multiple active threads each with thousands of posts and often doubled up:
PVSRA International - Trading Room
Forex Factory - PVSRA (Price, Volume, S&R Analysis)
Forex Factory - PVSRA Scalping with Cigarguy
Forex Factory - Sonic R. System (a variation but still shows the fundamentals of PVSRA)

My intention is to be an active member of the community and achieve the recognition of being a v.3/Pro user but there is near no activity that isn't the masters of the system posting their results - and so few members at that. It is inspiring and great to see how they made their trades but there is no interaction. I have read plenty of posts in the Q&A section with tah explaining the need to gain experiential knowledge and the concern of learning from those who don't fully understand.
Is this system really only for those who walk alone?
With so few members posting results does that mean only a few brains ever get good at this puzzle or are the masses discouraged from the lack of community?
Do I need to adjust the understanding I have which is that no one can be successful at this without mentors and active networking?
If I begin posting in FF instead of here, do I not work towards the title of contributor and never advance towards the accolade of v.3/Pro?

I am entirely committed to this system and being a trader. I am not lazy and do not give up. I seek the support and guidance of the masters of this system. I will become one of you in time. Thank you.

Dear MadDog8791,

Interaction is limited of course to posting; trades, replies, etc. And that is true at FF, too. What else can we do? The facts regarding which folks are posting is, I think, a reflection of the market's attrition rate of "traders". Yes, there are three kinds of knowledge; knowledge that exists, knowledge that is available to be taught, and knowledge that is obtained thru experience....experiential knowledge, which is the most important one for traders, and which unfortunately comes last.....to late for most, as by that time they no longer have the funds to continue. I'd like to think we are doing all we can do here. What more can we do?

Sincerely,
- Tah
MadDog8791

Post by MadDog8791 »

MadDog8791 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:16 pm Dear MadDog8791,

Interaction is limited of course to posting; trades, replies, etc. And that is true at FF, too. What else can we do? The facts regarding which folks are posting is, I think, a reflection of the market's attrition rate of "traders". Yes, there are three kinds of knowledge; knowledge that exists, knowledge that is available to be taught, and knowledge that is obtained thru experience....experiential knowledge, which is the most important one for traders, and which unfortunately comes last.....to late for most, as by that time they no longer have the funds to continue. I'd like to think we are doing all we can do here. What more can we do?

Sincerely,
- Tah
tah, thank you. Yes, you are right - what more can you do? You personally respond to so many posts here. Your tireless commitment is impressive, and the praise you show to those who show appreciation and contribute is astonishing.

I see so few losing trades here. If I have a trade I cannot understand is it welcomed for me to post it with my analysis, in line with posting etiquette, so that others may offer insight as to what I may have missed as part of the learned knowledge phase? If so, is the Trading Room the most appropriate place? Thank you.
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

MadDog8791 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:44 am
MadDog8791 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:16 pm Dear MadDog8791,

Sincerely,
- Tah
tah, thank you. Yes, you are right - what more can you do? You personally respond to so many posts here. Your tireless commitment is impressive, and the praise you show to those who show appreciation and contribute is astonishing.

I see so few losing trades here. If I have a trade I cannot understand is it welcomed for me to post it with my analysis, in line with posting etiquette, so that others may offer insight as to what I may have missed as part of the learned knowledge phase? If so, is the Trading Room the most appropriate place? Thank you.
Dear MadDog8791,

Yes, the Trading Room is the place to start with that. I imagine if a thread of discussion about some particular aspect of trading should develop from a post, that could eventually become a separate Topic within the Trading Room. But, we have to start somewhere, and the Trading Room main channel seems right. Could be wrong. Have been before. But, heck, let's give it a shot!

:) - Tah
eduferreyra14

Post by eduferreyra14 »

Practice patience: Day trading forex requires patience to wait for favorable market conditions and high-quality trading opportunities. Avoid rushing and impulsivity. Wait for clear and consistent signals before entering a trade. Patience is a virtue in trading and can help prevent unnecessary and detrimental trades.
LGSO

Post by LGSO »

Good afternoon, how are you? I have a problem with the PL label. Information is getting overlapped. I saw a post to download the file on 02/03/2023, I did that, I installed it as indicated, but the error persists. Please how should I proceed?

Thanks! LGSO :D
Traderathome

Re: PVSRA v2.3 PL Label Info Overlap

Post by Traderathome »

LGSO wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:49 pm Good afternoon, how are you? I have a problem with the PL label. Information is getting overlapped. I saw a post to download the file on 02/03/2023, I did that, I installed it as indicated, but the error persists. Please how should I proceed?

Thanks! LGSO :D
PVSRA v2.3 PL Label Info Overlap

Yes, the first dated release of PVSRA v2.3 on 02/03/2023 was revised to see if this subject issue would be resolved. The revised download is dated 02/05/2023. It is not yet clear from those reporting the subject issue exactly which download dated version of PVSRA v2.3 they are using. If it is indeed the one dated 02/05/2023 (the only one currently available) then this can be looked at further. So, anyone having the subject issue, please be precise in reporting if you are using the first dated download (02/03/2023) or if you have checked for updates and are using the currently available download (02/05/2023).

Also, if you had this issue and find it is resolved using the 02/05/2023 download, do please let us know, so we can be confident the issue is resolved for those users who experienced it!

Thank You,
- Tah
coutinho

Post by coutinho »

Hi tah, how are u? Do you have a minimum time to leave the new members registered here in the forum?

thx