Moving to PVSRA - Tools & Terms

khat17

Moving to PVSRA - Tools & Terms

Post by khat17 »

Good day everyone. I'm hoping that this thread will help persons to make the move to PVSRA easier. I'm going to review terms that I've seen, and include information about my personal move. I'll add to this as things progress.

Would like admins to advise if I'm free to make some outside links to various tools mentioned below. Otherwise I'll just talk about them and members can search for themselves.

For the admins, please feel free to correct any areas that I've made mistakes - add on - explain. Thanks in advance for indulging.

WHAT IS PVSRA?
All of that should be covered here.

viewforum.php?f=7

IMO - this is a trading strategy focused on the items in the name. Price - Volume - Support - Resistance - Analysis.

Price - I take to be price action - in terms of what price is currently doing. Where price is on the chart in the larger picture (higher time-frames) and where it is now relative to various items (S/R / Levels).

Volume - This is something that I've not fully understood. I take this to mean the number of orders that have pushed price in one direction or another. This is seen at the bottom of the PVSRA template and has a "grayish" look normally - but can be red, green, purple or blue. I'm still learning this so I'm not sure what the different colors mean, but I assume it has to do with the number of orders at that particular time which then would push price one way or another. From what I've seen though....
[*]"Grayish" - Normal price movement - minimal volume.
Four situations below edited by Tah:
[*]Red - Bear candle push on relative high activity
[*]Purple - Bear candle of relative high activity but without major movement (MMs concentrate on filling orders, but they can be either bull or bear initiated!)
[*]Green - Bull candle push on relative high activity
[*]Blue - Bull candle of relative high activity but without major movement (MMs concentrate on filling orders, but they can be either bull or bear initiated!)

Again - I'm not 100% sure about my analysis of things at this time, but I'm not very sure about the blue or "grayish" volume indicators. The purple I've seen after certain pushes, and even if the market continues in that direction, it hesitates or stabilizes a bit at that purple volume bar and candle before moving again.

The idea or premise behind PVSRA that I've seen thus far is pretty simple, but complex in another way. It's always like that with trading where a simple statement can have a lot of meaning. So PVSRA is more of a trend following system - short term preferred - where at least 20 pips are more likely to be acquired. I say "more likely" instead of "guaranteed" because this is Forex. I should say it like "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!" and be like "THIS IS FOREX!!!" if you get my drift.

Personally, I've seen market manipulation. I've seen where medium and high impact news (orange and red) have done absolutely nothing to the market. I've seen where no news release came out - not even related news - and the market surges in one direction or another. I've seen where IMMEDIATELY as news comes out the market surges. I've seen where high impact news comes out and it takes 30-90 minutes for the market to react. As a retail trader - you cannot tell what the market makers will do. It's best to acquire an "edge" against these crooks and ride the wave. Will get into that later on.

TERMS
There's a lot of different terms used in PVSRA. I'll try to define the most common ones here and throw in a few others that I've seen.

PVSRA - What this site is about. Price. Volume. Support. Resistance. Analysis.
HTMRW - How The Market Really Works.
TVT20 - "Trend Validated Trade for 20 pips (MOL)" - where MOL means "More Or Less".
FIFO - First In First Out according to brokers - Fast In Fast Out based on this site's usage.
LS - London Session.
AS - Asian Session.
NYS - New York Session.
EP - Entry Point / Entry Position.
PA - Price Action.
TP - Take Profit.
SL - Stop Loss.
MM - Market Makers.
PA - Price Action.
QT - Quarter's Theory.

More will be added as things go along.

TOOLS
Within all of this I've come across a lot of tools that I've used before coming to PVSRA. I'll cover them in case you want to get.

TIME ZONE MANAGEMENT - NEWS
This is something that I used previously. With PVSRA it's not needed as much. Two tools would be QLOCK and SHARP WORLD CLOCK. The former is small and fairly cheap. They have a free version that works, but support is kinda lax. The latter is FAR better IMO and has a "scheduler" which allows you to see what time it will be in your zone when it's a certain time elsewhere.

Sites like ForexFactory and MyFXBook have tools to show when news is coming out in your own time zone - so those tools aren't needed as much. It's more for cases where you literally have meetings planned with persons in different time zones.

PVSRA removes the need to visit any of the websites by showing upcoming news for the pair you're on right at the bottom of the indicator window. Very convenient. No need for the other tools.

SCREENSHOTS
Persons have spoken about GREENSHOT and SNAGIT - both are awesome tools. GREENSHOT is totally free while SNAGIT is not. While the free tool is very good, it sometimes falls short when it comes to capturing your specific screen information, and it also doesn't do scrolling screenshots very well.

Exporting to a picture is easy from within MT4 and doesn't require any third-party application. Editing however, is where both of the tools mentioned above will shine.

For specifically editing your pictures - I recommend PAINT.NET as the tool to use. Search for them because the website is not "paint.net" - and you may get something undesired from going to "paint.net" instead of searching.

PDN (Paint.NET / Paint Dot Net) is an awesome tool for editing your screenshots and adding information. Great for blurring information if needed or adding text/information to a chart before posting it.

PVSRA vs OTHERS
I think I said it before - I've been using a "bastardized" version of a number of things. Namely...
[*]BTMM
[*]Price Action
[*]S/R Trading
[*]Quarter's Theory
[*]Harmonics
[*]ADR
[*]TDI

That's not even everything. But the ones that I found to make more sense are those above. Here's how.

[*]BTMM - Showed that the markets can be unpredictable due to MMs. Seems to me to be a mix of PA and QT. Seems to me to focus more on reversals.
[*]Price Action - Showed that price reacts a certain way and paints patterns on the chart that can help you determine trends and reversals.
[*]S/R Trading - Showed that price will respect certain levels - but some of the levels are skewed...
[*]Quarter's Theory - Gave more insight into the S/R levels and how to read where price bounces/hesitates more easily.
[*]Harmonics - An interesting view of how certain price patterns may signal potential reversals.
[*]ADR - Learned through BTMM. Found that it's a powerful tool that can be used to gain pips from price moving within these levels
[*]TDI - Another tool purchased based on BTMM. Seems to help mostly with finding price divergence, which is helpful in some cases for reversals.

That's cherry-picking certain parts for the purpose of this thread. How does PVSRA differ or how is it better? Because PVSRA seems to focus on the more important points and gives good ideas of what to look for. The community is FREE! Yes - you need to register to participate - but that's to keep persons that don't show a genuine interest out of it. I realize that the forums are pruned periodically as well. If persons are actually interested in trading, they would post things to ask for help with charts and such. Persons looking for the free indicator only can get it otherwise.

PVSRA looks at the levels - similar to QT - and where price is now relative to the levels, previous price movement and the MAs - similar to PA. ADR is used for DAILY and WEEKLY within PVSRA as good targets to look for when entering/exiting. It also helps with finding the direction. Add that to the outlined rules and you've got a system that is more likely to produce wins.

Personally - I'm working on migrating fully to PVSRA. I still have the older charts that I'm more familiar with opened in tandem, but I'm looking at how the setups are and I'm hoping to fully wean myself soon.

Also - loving the dark template. The white template is nice, but especially for those of us who trade later in the night - LS is night for us - then the dark template is golden.

-----------------------

That's all for now. Will add more as things progress and as long as admins allow.

If I've put anything that needs correction, please feel free to do the corrections and notify me. As I progress with learning PVSRA I'll add more details as well.

Keep up the good work PVSRA team!
khat17

Re: Moving to PVSRA - Tools & Terms

Post by khat17 »

Thank you TAH for the edit. It clarifies some things about the volume - and we can see that.

[*]"Grayish" - Normal price movement - minimal volume.
So here - the market is moving as you'd expect. Whether trending slowly or consolidating.

[*]Green - Bull candle push on relative high activity
[*]Red - Bear candle push on relative high activity
Obvious volume to substantiate the move in the direction - up or down.

[*]Purple - Bear candle of relative high activity but without major movement (MMs concentrate on filling orders, but they can be either bull or bear initiated!)
[*]Blue - Bull candle of relative high activity but without major movement (MMs concentrate on filling orders, but they can be either bull or bear initiated!)
These two. It would be that they're filling orders as you stated - or "gathering contracts" as it's put otherwise. The MMs are checking their books to see whether they should push the market one way or another.

Again - we need to wait for some movement in price to show what the most likely move will be. Many thanks! Will continue to check in.
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Now. Let's get into something interesting. A trading "plan" of sorts. Let's look at something. Randomly picking USDJPY. I'll ask you to bear with me as I'm the visual/practical type. I need to put my hands into it so that I can fully grasp what's going on.
USDJPYMonthly.png
USDJPYMonthly.png (74.17 KiB) Viewed 11852 times
Price was at an all-time high and made a pin. This shows rejection of that area. There's also the concept of "look to the left" from general price action. There's nothing to the left of the current price point. The expectation is some downward movement as a result. I'll get into something at the end for us to discuss.
USDJPYH4.png
USDJPYH4.png (82.74 KiB) Viewed 11852 times
We can see that after price made a high point, it has not gone back there. This then became the weekly high (RWH) and though price crept up somewhat - it's not gone back to that area. This would further lead to looking for entries on the lower timeframe while watching out for any news that may cause a spike up before a drop.
USDJPYM15.png
USDJPYM15.png (72.03 KiB) Viewed 11852 times
Price is somewhere between the RDH and RDL - not an ideal entry IMO. The MA curves do show a slight downward curve - but how to apply PVSRA here? For all the volume seen below the MAs - nothing has pushed above the 100 by any substantial amount. I'll take that to mean there's nothing to push beyond those points - as all volume indicators have shown a more likely move down than up. Price has been at the 200 and moved away once - every other time it's failed to reach the 200 in the last 3 sessions since going below.

I would then be looking for....
[*]A move back up towards the 200 or RDH before entry. SL at TWH. TP at 75% the distance to RDL.
[*]A move towards RDL then enter on retracement - target being RDL.

I ask because I'm currently cycling through the pairs and not finding much to do. Is there a way to check the pairs without manually cycling through them all? That would help to not be sitting in front of the screen all the time - especially for persons that are on the road a lot with day jobs for the time being.

Alright - now to the discussion part.

Bearing in mind that MMs can do whatever they want - there's something I've noticed and would like to express. We can discuss and can correct me if you believe it to be wrong.

Higher timeframe signals/indicators are more likely to be valid, stronger and more likely to be carried out than shorter timeframe ones. This we know. But the MMs also have to validate the signals used by traders at some point. This is done more so on the higher TF because it takes MUCH longer to actually move. Seeing this pin after a massive rally up of over 30,000 pips in 18 months - it doesn't mean that price MUST reverse. But. People are looking for it. If retail traders are wrong all the time - they will figure out that someone is manipulating the market. So price will LIKELY reverse and go down. But the monthly candle is a long time. It may get validated - but a lot of frustration will take place.

MMs have the time and equity to wait things out until they can do what they want. As a retail trader with much less resources, it's better to wait and ride their waves than trying to force splashes. The ripples from the small accounts of retail traders cannot override the tidal waves that MMs can produce.

But again. They're greedy. So they must validate the common things on the chart over time.

Anyways - that's it for now. I'll keep looking when I get the chance. My current strategy for "finding" a setup involves waiting on a pair to get to 85% of ADR or past it. Then looking for entries to continue or reverse based on the higher timeframe trend.

My day job keeps me very busy, so it's hard to do the analysis - and LS is really hard based on my timezone. I'm actually currently recovering from the flu which came on due to staying up too late for the past 2-3 weeks. Burning the candle at both ends. Trying to do my day job and trade.

Waiting to get some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Please be specific. You mention "200"........200 WHAT? Price never has been even up to 150, so cannot be price. What else could "200" mean? Oh, yes......200 ema! Please do not be careless. Be SPECIFIC! Now for UJ PVSRA analysis: M30 H&S is in-play. It spawned a setup with the last drop from the Neckline. Now we have another setup for final target below RDL. Between here and LO the MMs might retrace up, perhaps to upper whole level. On this M30 chart the 200 ema Bias should be down around this upper whole level in the early LS. This might be the target area for such a retrace up so MMs can resume filling SM sell orders. Cannot ever know. :) Tah
Attachments
jul 025.png
jul 025.png (110.46 KiB) Viewed 11848 times
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Thanks for that one TAH. Apologies for not clarifying the MAs as what I'm talking about.

I'm not familiar with that type of HnS pattern. I'd also normally look for trades where the second shoulder doesn't pass the first one. Will look at it some more. Thanks for that!
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Good day everyone. Hope you have a good weekend. I'm back. Ish. Was really busy last week because I was sick the previous week and then when I got back to work - mountain of things to do. Other engineers in my department didn't fill the spot so I had catching up to do.

My personal goal in being here - if I didn't say before - is to trade and do IT repairs. I love both just about equally, but trading requires a level of attention that I can't give currently. Many times I see setups after the fact because I'm tunnel visioned working on equipment. If/When I manage to balance this, the end goal is to trade primarily - since it will bring in more funds faster - and still do repairs in my spare time. I can't give that up.

Things are currently in reverse - where repairs take up 90% of my time and trading is really done in my spare time. As I said - I've looked back and found setups after the fact, but many times it's too late. So I developed a method to help somewhat.

There are tools - free and paid - that can send you alerts based on certain market conditions. I currently have an ADR scanner running which will alert me to price movements relative to ADR. It's not perfect (the one I'm using) but it does help. I find that PVSRA works well when conditions line up with price at ADR high/low (or close to it), so my setups when I can't watch the charts are usually based on that.

Here's an example - but was busy with work at the time.
EURUSDM15.png
EURUSDM15.png (113.14 KiB) Viewed 11757 times
I missed this for two reasons. Work was one. But my phone stopped getting notifications for some reason. Last push was on the 2022.07.27. Checked all sort of things and then I finally figured it out. Push was going to other devices when testing - just my phone. So clear cache/data for the app (or uninstall) and start it back (or reinstall if uninstalled). This fixed whatever the issue was and I started getting notifications again. By the time I figured it out - work. Hoping that info helps others that may have a similar issue.

This weekend and next week will be spent going through the forum content to review and refine entry strategies. Thanks again for everything and keep up the good work!
Dipiers

Post by Dipiers »

khat17 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:25 am Good day everyone. Hope you have a good weekend. I'm back. Ish. Was really busy last week because I was sick the previous week and then when I got back to work - mountain of things to do. Other engineers in my department didn't fill the spot so I had catching up to do.

My personal goal in being here - if I didn't say before - is to trade and do IT repairs. I love both just about equally, but trading requires a level of attention that I can't give currently. Many times I see setups after the fact because I'm tunnel visioned working on equipment. If/When I manage to balance this, the end goal is to trade primarily - since it will bring in more funds faster - and still do repairs in my spare time. I can't give that up.

Things are currently in reverse - where repairs take up 90% of my time and trading is really done in my spare time. As I said - I've looked back and found setups after the fact, but many times it's too late. So I developed a method to help somewhat.

There are tools - free and paid - that can send you alerts based on certain market conditions. I currently have an ADR scanner running which will alert me to price movements relative to ADR. It's not perfect (the one I'm using) but it does help. I find that PVSRA works well when conditions line up with price at ADR high/low (or close to it), so my setups when I can't watch the charts are usually based on that.

Here's an example - but was busy with work at the time.
EURUSDM15.png

I missed this for two reasons. Work was one. But my phone stopped getting notifications for some reason. Last push was on the 2022.07.27. Checked all sort of things and then I finally figured it out. Push was going to other devices when testing - just my phone. So clear cache/data for the app (or uninstall) and start it back (or reinstall if uninstalled). This fixed whatever the issue was and I started getting notifications again. By the time I figured it out - work. Hoping that info helps others that may have a similar issue.

This weekend and next week will be spent going through the forum content to review and refine entry strategies. Thanks again for everything and keep up the good work!
Hi Khat,

For the sake of conversation and sharing knowledge, I would ask you a few questions on this post, I hope you don't mind. :)

I got the idea of an EP:
- after the double-top at the RDH
- PA around and slightly above a relevant number (1.025)
- increased PVRSA activity at the 2nd top
- volume decreasing on the push up to the 1st top
- and volume increasing on the push down after the 2nd top (but this may be during or after the EP)
I also get the idea that the SL would have been very close to the EP enhancing the R:R if the trade played out.

Still, until the long red candle all the 3 EMAs were still stacked for a potential up-trend and the Dragon lost all the angle and started to look flat only after the potential EP.

If that were your thoughts, I would consider it a pretty aggressive EP (at MR1), planned and played. But I am unsure if I would have entered on the increased activity while the price was consolidating (EMAs still stacked for an up-trend even thought that the Dragon started to be flat).

Are there any other thoughts that I am missing and that lead to the EP (or potential one)?
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Dipiers wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:05 am
Hi Khat,

For the sake of conversation and sharing knowledge, I would ask you a few questions on this post, I hope you don't mind. :)
Don't mind at all. Let's go!
Dipiers wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:05 am I got the idea of an EP:
- after the double-top at the RDH
- PA around and slightly above a relevant number (1.025)
- increased PVRSA activity at the 2nd top
- volume decreasing on the push up to the 1st top
- and volume increasing on the push down after the 2nd top (but this may be during or after the EP)
I also get the idea that the SL would have been very close to the EP enhancing the R:R if the trade played out.
Yep - that's all correct based on this setup. The EP would be on the purple candle at MR1 with SL at RDH.
Dipiers wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:05 am Still, until the long red candle all the 3 EMAs were still stacked for a potential up-trend and the Dragon lost all the angle and started to look flat only after the potential EP.

If that were your thoughts, I would consider it a pretty aggressive EP (at MR1), planned and played. But I am unsure if I would have entered on the increased activity while the price was consolidating (EMAs still stacked for an up-trend even thought that the Dragon started to be flat).

Are there any other thoughts that I am missing and that lead to the EP (or potential one)?
The reason for this entry/setup is because I've not yet fully migrated to PVSRA. I am getting into the concept and trying things on a small account. The other issue is work - my day job. I've seen A LOT of setups in the last 2 weeks that I've missed. I actually wanted to screenshot and discuss them, but work has had me ragged the last few days. Today (2022-08-18) I've been driving for 6 hours due to weather conditions and traffic. And that's between locations - not counting time working on machines at each location. I've had just about zero time to do any analysis or trading.

Until I've gotten fully into PVSRA - my entries may include price action type entries primarily as the catalyst. So I'm looking for double/triple tops/bottoms, engulfing candles or other PA signals. I've already moved my default chart to PVSRA - so that helps with certain decisions - but I've not had the time to spend as I'd like.

Looking on the same chart - you could see that after the news drop in NY session, price went back towards the MAs and consolidated around DS1. Price then moved down away from the MAs for about 14 pips before going up again. Made a double top again between 2022-08-10 and 2022-08-11 before dropping. This was done at a round number level of 1.03500 which is marked by the green horizontal line on the chart. Again - these are setups I'd have taken - but work. And following PVSRA (I think) then on 2022-08-11 there would have been an opportunity for a buy before the double top was made. Price then went up about 67 pips before dropping after forming the double top. Price then moved into a down trend with multiple entries that are PVSRA validated I believe. Then on 2022-08-16 we've moved into some consolidation until a push downward again at the middle of the session today.

What I love about PVSRA - aside from it matches closely with things I've been checking into - is the fact that it doesn't "respect" any specific trend of sorts. In my own words. This means you can have a single day, session or week where you have a single pair with buys and sells.

I believe fully that following PVSRA the way it's meant to be done will bring in solid profits. You just need to scale your account and have your SL in place - just in case. Coupled with watching for RDL/RDH before entry? I think that's golden. But again - that's just me.

I'm hoping again that in a few weeks/months I can fully migrate and develop a method that works for my work schedule. Then move away from the daily grind to trading full time with IT repairs in my spare time - instead of the other way around as it is now.

Keep safe. Willing to discuss more once I'm able.
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Good morning everyone. It's been some time due to work. My day job keeps me really busy. I'd like to show a case of slippage that occurred recently that I fell victim to. Most persons would know that Monday (2022-09-12) had some movement take place that messed with a number of persons. I had the same problem. This was entirely due to not following PVSRA properly - and I will admit and acknowledge that. However - the day job keeps me busy as I said. I'll have to make the time to get up at the London sessions (2AM my time) to get this done. The issue with this is the 10PM-1AM window that I normally end up in bed, so that doesn't give me much sleep time before I'm back on the job. Still - will push for it so that I can fully validate the method and then make my IT stuff secondary to my trading. That's it for now - here's the chart.

Please use our Trade Levels indicator!!!! - Tah
GBPJPYM15.png
GBPJPYM15.png (82.26 KiB) Viewed 11063 times
I entered at a bad spot, but I did all analysis from my phone (problem #1) due to being on the road. Price was at a high, divergent with RSI on the H4 (again - on the phone) and the move looked promising. So....

Entry: 166.494
SL: 167.068
TP: 165.971
SL Filled At: 167.627

That's nearly 60 pips above my SL. And where is price now? Around 165.430 - about 50 pips below my TP. I may have to stop using the phone for trading entirely and only use it for management of the positions if needs be. Will attempt to start adhering more closely to PVSRA next week. I'll need to get in some sleep so that I can regulate being up at 2AM.

Keep safe everyone.
khat17

Post by khat17 »

@TAH - Could not use the trade levels as I opened MT4 on my desktop afterwards. It did not pick up the previous trade info. Is there some way to do this?

Yes. Very simple. Study your indicator External Inputs! Adjust the "Lookback" time! Why do you not know this???????? HOMEWORK!!!!! - TaH
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Found it. Thanks TAH!
PVSRA1.png
PVSRA1.png (16.54 KiB) Viewed 11015 times
PVSRA2.png
PVSRA2.png (40.11 KiB) Viewed 11015 times
Apparently that's the number of H1 candles - so that should be taken into consideration. So the number is how many H1 candles behind the indicator will look.
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Managed to catch a move on GBPNZD. As I said - moving over slowly. Entries were mostly for scalping, but the last one - though not bad - was still a poor entry from impatience.
GBPNZDH4.png
GBPNZDH4.png (108.34 KiB) Viewed 10804 times
Price did not get to RDH and I should have waited. The problem for me (again) is time due to work. I connected to my system remotely and just did some quick analysis - then took the trades on my phone. If I were able to be at the PC/laptop then this would go so much better.
GBPNZDM15.png
GBPNZDM15.png (79.85 KiB) Viewed 10804 times
Did catch a move off GBPJPY as well previously.
GBPJPYM15.png
GBPJPYM15.png (76.56 KiB) Viewed 10804 times
Patience is key. After seeing the POTENTIAL setup - wait for it to be confirmed.
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Good morning everyone. USDCHF. Head & shoulders pattern above RDH. SL above the head and closed inside the dragon.
USDCHFM15.png
USDCHFM15.png (65.41 KiB) Viewed 10790 times
On a side note. Hope everyone is staying safe/dry during the current storms. Hurricane Ian is causing lots of rains in the Caribbean and is forecasted to hit Florida by around Wednesday with rains. Again - please keep safe.
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Good morning all. Hope those in areas affected by the storm are OK. Managed to grab a few pips off USDCHF.
USDCHFH1.png
USDCHFH1.png (90.97 KiB) Viewed 10760 times
USDCHFM15.png
USDCHFM15.png (105.31 KiB) Viewed 10760 times
Noticed the double top formation and break of the 50 MA on the H1. Caught it late, but decided to let it run a bit. Closed in profit about 40 pips. Set a pending order near the inside of the M formation which ended up being the 50 MA near RDH on the H1. Woke up to it in profit and closed based on where it was - by the 200 MA on the H1. Entries done on the M15. Reason for exit instead of waiting on RDL/RWL is due to work. May not be able to take any others for the rest of the day. Total of the entries was about 42+35+12 - so about 89 pips (trade report says 94.40 - maybe I'm not calculating it right).

Something that I'm trying to focus on is trading what I see and not what I feel/think. While I'd have previously caught the top of the M - there is no guarantee that it's going to make that formation. It's a higher probability based on certain zones etc...but many times the formation is broken and price continues the trend. Waiting on a break of the MA on PVSRA or retracement is much better and safer. While finding patterns on the chart will work out at times - all price movement must be looked at in context. And higher timeframe patterns/occurrences carry more weight than lower timeframe ones. Things to rememebr.
renesemr

Post by renesemr »

Hello everyone. I've been studying PVSRA for a few months and recently have been able to increase my profitability rate.

Leading from Tokyo session into London session UF made a head and shoulders pattern. After which it has been using the dragon and MAs as support. As seen in the attached file, it bounced off the MA which was an entry point. The tp was at 24 pips.

Several things here, please.....1) this post should be in the Trading Room Topic, 2) the bright green bars with unshown purpose are an unhelpful distraction, and 3) if you are going to reference a H&S then you should draw it out (Head, Shoulders, Neckline, Neckline BO, etc.) - Tah
Attachments
2022-10-04 03_46_01-20175752_ TradersGlobalGroup-Demo2 - Demo Account - Traders Global Group Incorpo.png
2022-10-04 03_46_01-20175752_ TradersGlobalGroup-Demo2 - Demo Account - Traders Global Group Incorpo.png (86.91 KiB) Viewed 10711 times
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Good morning again to all. I'm still alive - somewhat. But I'd like to finish up this thread with some details for persons that are moving to PVSRA as well.

Once again - thanks to all the persons who have come together to make this possible.

Hopefully these points will help others in their journey. I will be linking to tools that I think may be helpful. No affiliate links or anything. Just mentioning the sites/tools.
  1. Make a plan.
  2. Write out your strategy.
  3. Have a backup of your notes.
  4. Trade what you see.
  5. Do the "homework".
MAKE A PLAN
There are a lot of tools out there for taking notes. I believe Windows also has a built-in "sticky notes" function. I personally rather NoteZilla.

https://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla

If you subscribe you can sync with your phone. I don't use Mac so I'm not sure what you'd use there. The app does run on iPhone/iPad though. Part of why I like it - it can be linked to an app so that once you launch MT4 your desired notes will pop up on screen.

When you have something on your screen - or physically written on your desk somewhere - you can go back to it. Sometimes you get emotional over losses (or consecutive wins) and may end up doing things you shouldn't. "Revenge trading" is a real thing and it doesn't always work out. Having your plan/rules visible may help you in making better decisions. You may want to summarize it so it fits in the sticky notes - or have a summary on top for easy viewing and details further down - or in another note.

WRITE OUT YOUR STRATEGY
It doesn't need to be in detail or easily understood by others. It just needs to be put in a way that YOU will get it. Having the method you use written out will help you to reinforce it. You can then go back to it. Keep in a separate note if needs be.

[*]HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR NOTES[*]
Ensure you keep your notes in cloud storage or use the available tools from NoteZilla if you subscribe. If you don't subscribe or use some other tool - there are 3 things you can use to synchronize your notes across devices.
AllWay and Resilio work on both PC/Mac and are pretty easy and straightforward to set up or use. SyncThing requires some technical know-how to get running properly. These can sync your files across your devices. If you're not into using cloud storage then you can use one of these to backup your files/notes.

TRADE WHAT YOU SEE
I don't think it's possible to stress this enough. And while I believe PATIENCE is the number one issue for everyone in trading - especially those struggling - I believe trading what you see is the #2 problem. For me - time is another issue based on work, but sitting to analyze and then trade what I see is a problem at times. And it causes grief.

TAH has already posted information (viewforum.php?f=7) that shows HTMRW - How The Market Really Works. I've said it before - not sure if I have here - but market makers (MMs) have no choice but to validate some of the signals some of the time. Why? Because all signals being invalid would be obvious - people would catch on - and less people (or maybe nobody) would trade. This validation is primarily done on the higher timeframe. I'll give an example. Let's look at USDCHF.

Weekly
USDCHF.iWeekly.png
USDCHF.iWeekly.png (88.9 KiB) Viewed 10544 times
H4
USDCHF.iH4.png
USDCHF.iH4.png (76.27 KiB) Viewed 10544 times
M15
USDCHF.iM15.png
USDCHF.iM15.png (69 KiB) Viewed 10544 times
It's obviously in an up trend on the W1 and H4. But there are opportunities for buy and sell as price has moved along. The trend and signals are far more valid on the higher timeframe. When you get below the M15 it becomes harder to see exactly what's going on - and mistakes will be made due to incorrect signals. As a result of this - my advice is this....

You're trading the H1/H4 but you're doing your ENTRY on the M15 in the direction you've identified on the H1/H4.

Once you see a setup in the identified direction on the higher timeframe - take it. If you don't see a setup - don't do anything.

That brings me to....

DO THE HOMEWORK
I've left this as a broad enough category to cover a few things. Hindsight is always 20/20. You'll always look back and find where the best entries were. EVERYONE is able to do that because they can see the bigger picture in hindsight. What YOU as an individual need to do is look back on the charts and see what the setups WERE in order to see when they are forming in real time.

Go at your own pace. Don't compare yourself with others. Some people will have more experience. Some will get lucky. You'll have bad days/weeks so don't sweat it. Sticking to the rules you've created - or those you've found (PVSRA) will reduce your overall grief.

IN CLOSING
I don't know if there's anything else (much) to add. PVSRA was very well done and has made a huge difference for me. I cannot say thanks enough. I do have one problem with the template - but that may be fixed over time. Maybe.

If you have PVSRA running - a lot of other tools being added to the chart will cause MT4 to freeze/crash. I use one called Position Sizer / Position Size Calculator.

https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-ex ... ion-Sizer/

This allows me to easily see what my risk would be on the chart. If I try to load this on top of PVSRA - it will freeze MT4 and I'll have to kill the process. In order to use PSC - I have to open another chart with no template and then use PSC to see what my lot size, TP, SL and overall risk would be.

This and a few others help me personally to get things done - but PVSRA doesn't play well with others. That would be my one issue.

OTHER MENTIONS
Adding to the tools mentioned before - I'd like to add two others. They do the same thing - but one is far better (and more expensive).

QLOCK and SHARP WORLD CLOCK

http://www.qlock.com/

https://www.sharpworldclock.com/

Both allow you to set floating windows to tell time zone differences - but Sharp is much better. Far more superior. But costs more. Both are lifetime licenses if you purchase. I love the meeting planner in Sharp - helps to see where the time may be in future.

I used Qlock in the past - but I've personally switched to Sharp. Since my time zone is different from the broker - these tools help with analysis on the charts. There are tools to change the time on the chart to your own zone - but I've not tested on PVSRA template. These provide a manual way to do those checks. You can also set times for specific events (alarms) and have a better overview of the broker time to news events as a result. Sites like ForexFactory and MyFXBook with the economic calendars - and PVSRA with the integrated news feed - make the use of tools like Qlock and Sharp mostly not needed. But they're there if you'd like to check them out. I still use them - and for persons doing challenge accounts restricted by news trading - you can set reminders/alerts/alarms for those specific items.

<hr></hr>

That's it for now. I'll be posting in the regular groups going forward. Many thanks again to everyone - and special thanks to TAH for the insight and corrections. Keep up the good work!
renesemr

Post by renesemr »

Thanks for the info