Re: About PVSRA v2

Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Markets, Gamblers, Fundamentals

Post by Traderathome »

Another of the musings of an old-ager......

So long as there are multi-billion backed players, a multitude of Robber Bank instigated derivatives (equate that to multiple ways to manipulate prices that do not appear on "normal charting") and regulations designed and enforced (or not) to benefit the ultra-rich players, there will never be entropy. There will always be the nearly absolute control of pricing to benefit those that are controlling the pricing.

The markets today are not at all about intrinsic values. They are about gamblers willing to put their money into the game with risk, and those that actually have the ability to control prices to their advantage who, as I see it, have relegated fundamentals to the role of bait.

:D Tah
hunk18

Post by hunk18 »

Exactly Tah, I felt a lot of difference in terms of manipulation regarding the previous year, last year it seemed "easier" Lol I see more that this year the thefts are getting better and better, Thanks for that comment that makes perfect sense. ;)
SunnyC

Post by SunnyC »

Good day everyone.

I've really enjoyed reading the content on this forum as it is clean and easy to follow without the 'noise' that is on FF.
There is a lot of screen time ahead for me to absorb the PVA relationship and I would dearly like to get started with the 'right' template.

To the powers that be here, when you have a few spare seconds I'd love to humbly receive a "DOWNLOAD" link on my Board Index.

Pretty Please.
Sunny
MrBean2021

Post by MrBean2021 »

Hello everyone,
I am using MT4 trader via crossover on my macbook. The last version of PVSRA template - PVSRA 5-30-2015, which I downloaded from PVSRA thread on FF is working smoothly. But problem happens when I install this PVSRA v2. It takes a long time to MT4 loading template, taking long time- almost 1min, to load chart when changing this TF to another TF. It looks like this version is so heavy to my macbook to process.
Does anyone get the same issue and have a way to solve it? Please consult me.
I appreciate this so much!
yaadfx

Post by yaadfx »

Template downloaded and running!

Looking forward to a productive PVRSA trading/learning experience.

Thank you to TAH and everyone who worked to make this template a reality!
Attachments
PVSRA.png
PVSRA.png (110.78 KiB) Viewed 6717 times
lawfuller

Access Panel > Market Panel > range achieved....ANSWERED!

Post by lawfuller »

PVSRA v2 Access Panel > Market Panel includes the asset's "(3) Range: The average day range, and the range achieved."

What is the time within which the achieved range has been achieved? The past calendar year? The current calendar year? Ever? E.g., USDJPY (on every TF) currently shows "Range 63 ...74." How long ago may the 74-pip range have been achieved?

What does it take to fend off already answered questions!? Everyone should do their required HOMEWORK, instead of being lazy and bothering others for quick answers:
viewtopic.php?p=2180#p2180
lawfuller

Re: Access Panel > Market Panel > range achieved? Self-Explanatory!

Post by lawfuller »

Thank you, but the material you link to seems not to address the question (at least not clearly). I had done the homework and I had read the entire document you linked to. I just reviewed it again, and I don't see the issue addressed.

The document titled "PVSRA v2 Access Panel User Notes," under "1. The Market Panel," says, "(3) Range: The average day range, and the range achieved." But "range achieved" is never defined or addressed elsewhere in the document or in any other document in the linked material. "5. Range High/Low Lines for the Day and Week" is addressed in some detail, and that's the section that comes closest to addressing the question. But nothing there suggests that the "range achieved" relates to the RH/L lines.

Would you be so kind as to specifically quote the text that I am missing?

You are not missing any text. You are missing the meaning of one word, "achieved". When you get an "F" in class, what grade did you "achieve"? If you do not understand the word "achieved", look it up! - Tah
lawfuller

Definition of Access Panel > "Range Achieved"

Post by lawfuller »

I think I figured it out. Here's my conclusion for posterity's sake:

The top-left of the Access Panel includes the asset's Average Daily Range in PIPs. The second number in that ADR row refers to the range (in PIPs) that has been achieved sometime today (presumably since the start of today's broker session).

E.g., say the row reads, "Range 79 ...43". That means the ADR is 79 PIPs and, so far today, the asset has had a range of 43 PIPs. Now say the row reads, "Range 79 ...83". That means the ADR is 79 PIPs and, so far today, the asset has had a range of 83 PIPs—exceeding the ADR.

You got it! - Tah
RecoveringMoonboy

Post by RecoveringMoonboy »

Good afternoon pvsra community

Has anybody ever experienced automatic removal of the acces panel (V2.3)

I was trading EURCAD (bad trade) and was switching between M15 and M5. Apon switching to M5 the acces panel was automatic deleted. Very weird...

happy trading days to all
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

RecoveringMoonboy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:15 am Good afternoon pvsra community

I was trading EURCAD (bad trade) and was switching between M15 and M5. Apon switching to M5 the acces panel was automatic deleted. Very weird...

First of all, the latest version is PVSRA v2.4

Anyone having problems with the template should first delete the Symbols Set indicator. It is new and maybe is involved in whatever issues have cropped up for you. There is no reason for any of the other indicators....tried and improved for years......should suddenly cause issues for new folks.

The Symbols Set indicator has some nice features, but also some disadvantages. It is non-essential to PVSRA, so if it is causing issues for you, DELETE it.

On the other hand........many folks simply do not want to do their HOMEWORK! Lazy readers! So, they do not re-enter or they improperly re-enter the sets of symbols per their own broker mt4 Market Watch list......when they are NOT the same symbol designations that are preset in the Symbols Set indicator! As the external inputs for the indicator clearly state......symbols must be entered EXACTLY as they appear in your Market Watch list!......it is critical for the indicator and the template to work!

Failure to do the HOMEWORK.......to read everything and follow clear instructions.......is the most likely issue here.
RecoveringMoonboy

Traderathome wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:23 am
RecoveringMoonboy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:15 am Good afternoon pvsra community

Anyone having problems with the template should first delete the Symbols Set indicator. It is new and maybe is involved in whatever issues have cropped up for you. There is no reason for any of the other indicators....tried and improved for years......should suddenly cause issues for new folks.

The Symbols Set indicator has some nice features, but also some disadvantages. It is non-essential to PVSRA, so if it is causing issues for you, DELETE it.

On the other hand........many folks simply do not want to do their HOMEWORK! Lazy readers! So, they do not re-enter or they improperly re-enter the sets of symbols per their own broker mt4 Market Watch list......when they are NOT the same symbol designations that are preset in the Symbols Set indicator! As the external inputs for the indicator clearly state......symbols must be entered EXACTLY as they appear in your Market Watch list!......it is critical for the indicator and the template to work!

Failure to do the HOMEWORK.......to read everything and follow clear instructions.......is the most likely issue here.
Hi Tah sir,

Thanks for your answer. Maybe I don't have clearance for 2.4, because all I get is 2.3. Downloaded it two days ago and just now to be sure. I don't have a Symbols set indicator. I don't say that I am the best homewrok maker, neither am I an A+ student.
I have to say I am enjoying reading all the post from 2016 to present. Currently at page 30 of 252.
I have been using an older version of pvsra for more then a year and this is the first time I have been updating it. Every other pair I tried has been working fine, except EURCAD.
I have installed and re-installed pvsra indicators hundred times without ever having an issue.
Maybe I am just reading everything very wrong or missing a link to 2.4
I will be re-reading everything soon just to make sure I did not miss anything.

Thank you so much for everything on this site. I already learned so much reading all the old posts.

kind regards

Andy
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2023-11-28 234338.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-11-28 234338.png (53.32 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
Schermafbeelding 2023-11-28 234257.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-11-28 234257.png (16.3 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
Schermafbeelding 2023-11-28 235021.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-11-28 235021.png (231.42 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

RecoveringMoonboy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:58 pm

Hi Tah sir,

Thanks for your answer. Maybe I don't have clearance for 2.4, because all I get is 2.3. Downloaded it two days ago and just now to be sure. I don't have a Symbols set indicator. I don't say that I am the best homewrok maker, neither am I an A+ student.
I have to say I am enjoying reading all the post from 2016 to present. Currently at page 30 of 252.
I have been using an older version of pvsra for more then a year and this is the first time I have been updating it. Every other pair I tried has been working fine, except EURCAD.
I have installed and re-installed pvsra indicators hundred times without ever having an issue.

Thank you so much for everything on this site. I already learned so much reading all the old posts.

kind regards

Andy

My apologies. PVSRA v2.4 is only available at Forex Factory currently, and only because I have not had the time to update the download here! Anyway, PVSRA v2.3 and v2.4 will not cause the Access Panel to be deleted from the chart when the Symbols Set IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE LIST OF INDICATORS ON THE CHART. I have already explained the nature of the problem when it is on the chart.
RecoveringMoonboy

Traderathome wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:50 pm
RecoveringMoonboy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:58 pm

Hi Tah sir,

kind regards

Andy

My apologies. PVSRA v2.4 is only available at Forex Factory currently, and only because I have not had the time to update the download here! Anyway, PVSRA v2.3 and v2.4 will not cause the Access Panel to be deleted from the chart when the Symbols Set IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE LIST OF INDICATORS ON THE CHART. I have already explained the nature of the problem when it is on the chart.
Not a problem sir. I found it on FF. It does not work for me after I adjusted all the buttons to match the market watch. Not a problem i will look at it in the future again after I change broker. For now, thanks for the info and I will be back to my pvsra studies.