Re: Questions & Answers

chagu

Post by chagu »

Tah when I studied your past post I saw that you used "Torpido and Basin " words on posted chats. want know what do you mean by this . :think:

Torpedo and Buy! You torpedo a ship and then go salvage it cheap for good parts! Means MMs Whack it and buy it up cheap!
Basing means ranging, but ranging at a maybe important low area based on overall PA, in which case a swing up should soon start. -Tah
Fisher755
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Fiasco at FF Finished!

Post by Fisher755 »

Fisher755 wrote:
Traderathome wrote:
runner wrote:Dear Friends,

News Panel Impact (low, high) color not appear. How to fix it? thanks. Its all grey in all currency.

They make enough money over there that there is no excuse for this shoddy work. Let them correct it by themselves. A lot of folks are going to have to be patient and wait until they get the lead out of their asses and go back to doing their jobs far better than this. - Tah :)
This is a demonstration that for the one at the top, greed for money is most important.....that there is little concern for active member traders. Whatever can be done for the convenience of increasing profits will get done. And if the impolite and disrespectful manner in which it is done causes any inconvenience to, and costs for, actively trading members....tough shit! :violin:[/highlight]

:laughing-rolling:
Maybe on Calendar front, but obviously not on other fronts! They promise email responce in 48 hours which did not happen in my case. Had to send request again today after 5 days waiting... :doh:
Let's see if this time someone will move.. :o
UPDATE:
I got the answer 2 days ago ( August 24th) - 8 days ( :o ) after I sent second help request:

Hi fisher755,

Sorry to leave you hanging like that! We are aware of Pepperstone's recent server changes. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be available to us yet. Could you please provide me with your brokerage account number and read-only investor password, along with which server your account is assigned? Once we can test the connection, we’ll be able to resolve any connectivity issues that exist. I look forward to your reply and getting you up and running with Trade Explorer.

Best regards,
Danny Holloway
Trade Explorer Product Manager

So eventually this problem will be solved too.. :D
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Traderathome

Re: More Money Management "Exactness"

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Just taking some time to hopefully put this issue to bed........

Recently posted concerns:

I follow this the last days and i am impressed what you guys make with PVSRA. I also like you take note of what the"new" posting here.
You have give some words about money management, without further hints. I know this is a key for good trading results.

Can you explain what is your MM and why you use this? Have you links, what discribe your way you handle MM?
Often this must be something mystic, because pictures with good results are over the web, but asking after MM sometimes results in bad messages.

So, can you help? Eventually would good if we can have a post in other place in this forum, that keeps this thread focused?

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Question Paraphrased: Can you give some words about MM (Money Management), explain what is your MM, describe how you handle MM?

Answer: Okay, let us accept that Money Management is involved throughout the entire process of picking a setup to trade, entering, placing additional EPs depending on how PA goes after the initial EP, placing the TP and possibly modifying it depending on how PA goes after the initial EP, and having a SL for the trade. What is our description on how to handle all of this? ......items #1 thru #7 of post #1 in the Study Hall!

I understand that we will always be getting questions we have taken great pains to answer up front. This is because not everyone reads, some without retaining because they are only reading out of a feeling of obligation to do so, and because everyone thinks there should be more details, more "exactness". Learning PVSRA is a time consuming process. Learning HTMRW is a time consuming process. And by the time reasonable proficiency is attained, one also has a very healthy respect for the fact that no one can ever know just how the Robber Bank Market Makers will move price next! This fact is why attempts at "too much exactness" can damage a method, rather than improve it.

Do we know if these Market Makers will run a stop hunt? If they do, do we know how far it will go? If we set our SL just beyond the previous most significant high or low (for example), and price moves thru it, is it then always best to close the trade without regard for any other existing considerations? You can put exactness to items #1 thru #7. Or, you can give yourself some wiggle room. It is a trader's choice. It is an individual's choice just how they manage their own money. We can do no more than lay out the ground work of a reasonable trading method, complete with all reasonable parameters for the major considerations. We cannot force folks to read, to think, to apply with reason. If they apply much differently then we have specified, and start asking questions when things do not go well, we cannot force them to read, to think, and to apply as we suggest.

Providing more exactness IS NOT A SOLUTION! The character of the market does not lend itself to traders being more profitable by constricting their trading to more and more exactness in their trading parameters. Trading profitably is not easy. This is not a "get rich quick" endeavor. And the more complicated you make it for yourself by ever increasing trading parameters and their exactness, the more you can move past the point of "most profitable" into the area of "getting less profitable again". And what are those parameters and exactness thereof that yields the "most profitable"? No one can know because it depends on the current "conditions" in the market, to what degree the MMs are whipping and whacking price, which is something that can change in an instant.

This is like a child learning to ride a bicycle. The parent does not hand the child a complete list of instructions on how to keep balance. The child has to just take a go at it and over time gain the learning of how to keep balance under changing conditions.....doing different things at different times, because THAT is what it is all about. There IS no best single exactness!

Sincerely, PVSRA and Profits,
:) Tah

P.S.: This information is now appended to the Study Hall Library post on the TVT20 FIFO trade method.
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Dear team.I am in the process of withdrawing all of my funds from tradersway,due to their recent nasty tricks,as has been discussed in PVSRA recommended brokers room. Before I open accounts with LMFX,could I please ask members here, that have opened accounts and had a bit of time to trade them, are you happy with their performance? I have requested LMFX to ring me many times last week and for what ever reason they were unable to do so.My phone line is in order so has this been a problem for others?Just seem's a little strange.I have read all their terms and conditions etc.One of the questions I was wanting to ask them,was to explain in more detail how the 100% cash bonus really works. To me it seems a bit gimicky and may encourage some folks to trade while adding further risk to ones account.For some reason can`t work out how it can improve profit without putting more real money at risk.Could be that I am just a dumb arse I do suffer a little dyslexia that makes thing a little more difficult for me at times.Could I please ask that one of the team here could explain exactly how the cash bonus works,maybe an example would help.

Zan
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

zan wrote:Dear team.I am in the process of withdrawing all of my funds from tradersway,due to their recent nasty tricks,as has been discussed in PVSRA recommended brokers room. Before I open accounts with LMFX,could I please ask members here, that have opened accounts and had a bit of time to trade them, are you happy with their performance? I have requested LMFX to ring me many times last week and for what ever reason they were unable to do so.My phone line is in order so has this been a problem for others?Just seem's a little strange.I have read all their terms and conditions etc.One of the questions I was wanting to ask them,was to explain in more detail how the 100% cash bonus really works. To me it seems a bit gimicky and may encourage some folks to trade while adding further risk to ones account.For some reason can`t work out how it can improve profit without putting more real money at risk.Could be that I am just a dumb arse I do suffer a little dyslexia that makes thing a little more difficult for me at times.Could I please ask that one of the team here could explain exactly how the cash bonus works,maybe an example would help.

Zan
Q1:
Use LIVE CHAT option for any questions
Q2:
You do not have to take the bonus if it is too confusing,
but if you can trade with small DD and you are underfunded bonus can help...
example: your funds 1.000 and bonus 1.000 at 10% monthly gain give you 200 profits which is 20% of your own funds. That simple. Take it or leave it. ;)
chagu

Post by chagu »

CHFJPY loss

Tah If I can Have your input about what happened here I Will be much appreciated . I'm keep loosing this kind of trade

Okay, my input.... At the LS open the 200 EMA was angled down, the 50 EMA was below it and also angled down. So the trends were properly stacked for shorting. And the distance to RDL was such that a decent short TVT20 FIFO could have been your trade. So, why did you go long with all of this against going long? If your bias was long for some strange reason, you might have at least expected the MMs to hit RDL before reversing. And therefore, you might have held your patience for another day to see if the trends would realign and give you cause to enter a long trade. :think: -Tah
Attachments
CHFJPYM15 05 09 loss.png
CHFJPYM15 05 09 loss.png (51.62 KiB) Viewed 6066 times
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

chagu wrote:CHFJPY loss

Tah If I can Have your input about what happened here I Will be much appreciated . I'm keep loosing this kind of trade
That's easy- long above solid trend, short below solid trend! Here it is assbackwards.

If your analysis was that the pair will reverse to uptrend you should have waited that PA would cross the trend to the upside and retrace back to it. In your case it would spare you the loss because this never happened.
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

correct me where i go wrong ?? :?

This is a good situation to point out. At the NYS open the 200 EMA was flat, but the 50 EMA was angled up good enough to suspect that PA might break upwards, especially since PA suggested that MMs were loading longs while ranging price below the whole level. Well, there is the clue.....what a good time for the Robber Bank MMs to run another stop hunt move, taking the price lower again.....HTMRW. So, what is our salvation when all that looks okay suddenly turns to crap? One choice is to simply close the trade before the red gets too large. The other, if trading very light relative to account size, is to wait out the drop and see if price stabilizes later for a new bullish setup and add long there. Closing "small red" is great. Playing the stop hunt game is much riskier because what might be assumed to be a stop hunt move could turn out to be a reversal. Traders choice, of course, which course you take, but all this happened in the context of BOTH trends angling down across the chart, which is also something we should take into consideration as it also is included in the context of PVSRA. Nobody said this was easy pickings. These Robber Banks make billions in profits yearly. They are very, very good at what they do. And they are what we are up against. - Tah
Attachments
USDCHFM15.png
USDCHFM15.png (66.29 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

gargindia wrote:correct me where i go wrong ?? :?
Nowhere.
We cannot be 100% right. Nobody can.
What is your plan? Since you didn't set SL below the last swing low at the moment of your entry ( this would be minimal damage- few pips only) and since you are wiser then many and you trade very small relative to account size you have more then one option to manage the trade. But you should have planned this before you entered.
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

Fisher755 wrote:
Nowhere.
What is your plan? Since you didn't set SL below the last swing low at the moment of your entry ( this would be minimal damage- few pips only) and since you are wiser that many and you trade very small relative to account size you have more then one option to manage the trade. But you should have planned this before you entered.
i planed to buy second long when setup will come and get out at AVG( break even). is my plan is ok???? or show me the batter plan. thanks :)
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

gargindia wrote:
Fisher755 wrote:
Nowhere.
What is your plan? Since you didn't set SL below the last swing low at the moment of your entry ( this would be minimal damage- few pips only) and since you are wiser that many and you trade very small relative to account size you have more then one option to manage the trade. But you should have planned this before you entered.
i planed to buy second long when setup will come and get out at AVG( break even). is my plan is ok???? or show me the batter plan. thanks :)
It Will have to be ok for now. You could determine % cutoff- like 5% of your equity- this would give you enough time to average your trade and get out - at least the probabilities are on your side for now. You should be ready for another 300 pips drop in worst case imho. It is possible. Always think about the worst case when you plan so use your bullets wisely.
GL with your trade.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

I have opened "TVT20 Without SL" forum for zan to post his questions if he has them... this is also temporary setting, in time I might add others. So if you have any questions that you would like to have posted there, please write PM to zan/Tah/me. :mrgreen:
This means for now only zan can post any questions or comments or replies to that forum.
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by runner »

EU

-- Doubling the opposite trade

Dear Fisher,

FOA I take 0.10 long trade, when its against me, I close it and take opposite trade which is short with and doubling it to 0.20, and close the first long trade, finally I close it and I am up to 8 pips profit. By definition its not a hedging. What do you think on my trade? I still dont understand how u hedge, since in my perspective, we have to go with much larger lot if we want to hedge and got BE without closing the first position. Thanks for your kind respone.

EURUSDM15 -- .png
EURUSDM15 -- .png (88.22 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

runner wrote:EU

-- Doubling the opposite trade

Dear Fisher,

FOA I take 0.10 long trade, when its against me, I close it and take opposite trade which is short with and doubling it to 0.20, and close the first long trade, finally I close it and I am up to 8 pips profit. By definition its not a hedging. What do you think on my trade? I still dont understand how u hedge, since in my perspective, we have to go with much larger lot if we want to hedge and got BE without closing the first position. Thanks for your kind respone.

EURUSDM15 -- .png
Yes, it is not a hedge. It is called HFS presented by Denmas (Pips Net) here at the site. Hold Fold Switch. It can be dangerous at times, especially if PA keeps ranging in tight range. You could fold many times in such case and your EPs would grow to the dangerous level. One thing you can do to lower down getting too many of these is to zoom out chart to see the trend direction better ( the same trade posted at TVT20 no SL forum today). But doubling has to be approached very careful because sooner or later HFS might turn against you in ugly way. I cannot say don't use it- it can be usefull tool. I can only say apply it on live after you get profits trading this way for at least 6 months on Demo or very small live account that you can expose more.

My direct hedge will be clearer as soon as I close few examples. At least 2 or 3. When you then read the whole forum it will get clearer. By that time the forum will be opened for all active members at the site so you will be able to adress that question more detailed if it will be still confusing. ;)
Ghostface1988

Post by Ghostface1988 »

Question to Fisher about hedging. What in that situation:?
received_2033851900181531.png
received_2033851900181531.png (36.7 KiB) Viewed 6096 times
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Ghostface1988 wrote:Question to Fisher about hedging. What in that situation:?
Answered in the forum. I will give you Access that you can post questions there...try to make a post a bit later there. ;)
Ghostface1988

Post by Ghostface1988 »

Fisher755 wrote:
Ghostface1988 wrote:Question to Fisher about hedging. What in that situation:?
Answered in the forum. I will give you Access that you can post questions there...try to make a post a bit later there. ;)
Big thanks ! ;)
david

Post by david »

how to identify significant key level? any particular aspect to look for? consolidation below the key level like half whole etc?
Keep Learning..
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

david wrote:how to identify significant key level? any particular aspect to look for? consolidation below the key level like half whole etc?
1. Whole levels
2. Half levels
3. Quarter and three quarter levels.

MMs range price to obtain liquidity to fill the large SM orders. Sometimes the range is wide, spanning multiple levels (75-200 pips, etc.). Sometimes it is narrow (20-35 pips, etc.). But, it is always to obtain the liquidity the MMs need to fill those orders. A narrow range can be displaced from a key level so you really do not get a clear impression (is it below a whole or above a half, etc.). So, many things must be viewed, correlated, sorted out (PVSRA). And still, there are times we just have to wait for PA that sends clues that are more clear and consistent. Bottom line, price is either ranging or trending. So, take a look at the trending.....the bull and bear swings....and keep in mind that if the last really significant price was high (for example) and with really a lot of consolidation in the highs before it started down, then it should go for more than just 50 (or 100 pips, etc.). In other words, if the new bear swing is still not very much....after all the preparations for it.....then it should go for more. And if price is back to ranging, then the most logical outlook would be that the MMs are again ranging price to obtain liquidity to fill more SM short orders before they continue the price lower. Bottom line here is that no one can ever know just how the MMs will move price from hour to hour, from day to day, etc. The MMs move price to fill orders and to steal money from market participants. So they will move price in either, or both directions, in order to accomplish this. No matter where price is in the larger picture (Week, Day charts, etc.) the MMs totally control price and can keep it from breaking out a key level, or from reversing at a key level.....until they are damn good and ready to make that happen (HTMRW).

Welcome to trading! :)
david

Post by david »

thanks for answering Tah, its very useful. PVSRA ideology is when the price rise above key level, and noticeable activity price occured, hence there is highly chance that the MM is building short, when the price is below these key level with noticeable activity likely MM are building for long.
But, sometime this might failed too, the MM will drive the price to up or down far away to the next level 500-1000 pips.
(theory is simple, but when apply it to live, it can be as tough as china firewall)

Question is, how do you know when they are going to do that? how do you spot any clue for the chart that MM suddenly changed their mind of building short or long because while ago we are expecting they was building [short|long]?

hope you get what i mean :think:
Traderathome wrote:
david wrote:how to identify significant key level? any particular aspect to look for? consolidation below the key level like half whole etc?
1. Whole levels
2. Half levels
3. Quarter and three quarter levels.

MMs range price to obtain liquidity to fill the large SM orders. Sometimes the range is wide, spanning multiple levels (75-200 pips, etc.). Sometimes it is narrow (20-35 pips, etc.). But, it is always to obtain the liquidity the MMs need to fill those orders. A narrow range can be displaced from a key level so you really do not get a clear impression (is it below a whole or above a half, etc.). So, many things must be viewed, correlated, sorted out (PVSRA). And still, there are times we just have to wait for PA that sends clues that are more clear and consistent. Bottom line, price is either ranging or trending. So, take a look at the trending.....the bull and bear swings....and keep in mind that if the last really significant price was high (for example) and with really a lot of consolidation in the highs before it started down, then it should go for more than just 50 (or 100 pips, etc.). In other words, if the new bear swing is still not very much....after all the preparations for it.....then it should go for more. And if price is back to ranging, then the most logical outlook would be that the MMs are again ranging price to obtain liquidity to fill more SM short orders before they continue the price lower. Bottom line here is that no one can ever know just how the MMs will move price from hour to hour, from day to day, etc. The MMs move price to fill orders and to steal money from market participants. So they will move price in either, or both directions, in order to accomplish this. No matter where price is in the larger picture (Week, Day charts, etc.) the MMs totally control price and can keep it from breaking out a key level, or from reversing at a key level.....until they are damn good and ready to make that happen (HTMRW).

Welcome to trading! :)
Keep Learning..