Re: Questions & Answers

Trader Julian

Post by Trader Julian »

Dear Traderathome, Fisher755, qfish, mja, runner, caveman, Pips4life, deVries, atstrader, Zan, ForexPipCheats, Contributors & fellow Musketeers!

Firstly, I would like to say a massive Thank You to all Founders, Contributors and anyone else that has put time and effort into creating and maintaining PVSRA. Quite simply, I am astounded at the time and effort that has been spent on this system. In all of my years I have never seen anything quite so professional, complete and extensive. The attention to detail is to say the least, impressive. I am astounded that all of this is free!

I have been doing my homework, I have read every post twice now. I have downloaded PSVRA v2, then I have tried, tested and played with all the variables. I have read all of the Introduction and User Notes, twice. I am now about to start in the Trading Room & Trade Planning/Risk Mgmt, and continue my homework of which I am looking forward to and relish the learning.

For newcomers to PVSRA, like myself I would like to offer, if I may a word of advice; from the process of registering, hopefully it will have become clear that attention to detail is important when enjoying the fruits of the offering from PVSRA. There were many times during my registering, downloading, installing, reading and homework that I did not understand certain points or processes, and would have loved to jump on and post a query, question or cry for help. However, as in the words of Tah, "Discipline, Patience, Profit" I refrained, went back and re-read all of the extensive notes and I promise you, it's all there. Read, read and read. That would my advice for newcomers; read, read and read again!

So, for now and I apologise for my lengthy post, but I shall continue quietly with my homework and look forward to the day when I can begin to contribute and post charts and comments.

Once again, thank you to all.

Julian
sauldanielrodgers

Post by sauldanielrodgers »

hello,

is there a list of abbreviations to use wiht the study hall posts?

I am probbaly being stupid but I cannot work out the abbreviations (e.g. LS - lows?; AS - ?; and NYS?)

"1. Trade preferably the LS. Yes, sometimes the AS looks like a good start, but it is overall best to await the LS, or even the NYS."

MJ_PVSRA

Post by MJ_PVSRA »

sauldanielrodgers wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:31 am hello,

is there a list of abbreviations to use wiht the study hall posts?

I am probbaly being stupid but I cannot work out the abbreviations (e.g. LS - lows?; AS - ?; and NYS?)

"1. Trade preferably the LS. Yes, sometimes the AS looks like a good start, but it is overall best to await the LS, or even the NYS."

hi sauldanielrodgers,
hopefully i can help you with this replay
  • LS : London Session
  • LC (London Closed)
  • NYS (New York Session)
  • AS (Asian Session)
  • Lows (lowest, refer to the valley of the swing wave as the simply put this is the bottom of the particular wave
  • Highs (highest)
  • BO (Break Out)
  • S (Support)
  • R (Resistance)
  • FO (Filling Order or it can be Frankfurt Open, depend on the context)
  • Key Lvl (as whole level, Half, or Quarter level)
  • EP (Entry Point)
The rest you can find the meaning yourself by understanding the context we are talking about.

MJ_ :)
sauldanielrodgers

Ah! Amazing. Thank you so much.
sauldanielrodgers

Can someone also give me a visual representation of this statement: "But price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders for SM (Smart Money) and buy orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders for SM and sell orders for DM. The MMs are also "SM", and they tend to do the other SMs "one better"! This means that after the MMs fill the SM/DM orders, they might run a stop hunt on those SM positions....suckering in more DM also.....getting liquidity to build their own SM positions at the best prices of all!"

what does smart money and dumb money look like on a chart? and can you show me examples of when smart money and dumb money is active on a chart?

What are the dots that the PVSRA indicAtor draws? Are they buy/sell signals?

Would this be an example of all (except that it is outside of LS) of the conditions being met and therefore a time to place a short order?

Before you ask any more questions, please read all posts in Study Hall 5 times while thinking about what you are reading! Read all the User Notes posts for the indicators CAREFULLY, and closely examine and become familiar with the user external input functions of each indicator. In short, all your questions are already answered and we do not have the time nor the inclination to repeat the volume of them all again here, just for you. :naughty: - Tah
Attachments
Annotation 2020-06-11 211120.png
Annotation 2020-06-11 211120.png (85.39 KiB) Viewed 9535 times
xiaotiao89

Unable to edit the post

Post by xiaotiao89 »

Hi guys, I just noticed that one of my posts in the Trading Room has some mistakes and I wanted to edit it. However, I dont see the button for edit at the top right corner anymore. I can only see the buttons for report and quote. I am wondering is there anyone facing same problem like me?
xiaotiao89

Re: Unable to edit the post

Post by xiaotiao89 »

xiaotiao89 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:42 am Hi guys, I just noticed that one of my posts in the Trading Room has some mistakes and I wanted to edit it. However, I dont see the button for edit at the top right corner anymore. I can only see the buttons for report and quote. I am wondering is there anyone facing same problem like me?
Hi TAH and fellow admins, hopefully my question will be answered, I noticed that not only in Trading Room, my post above cannot be edited too.

Thanks TAH and admins, I think the new setting from 24 hours to a full week should be of help to careless person like me. Thanks.
Ben-Hur

Post by Ben-Hur »

Hi, I don't know if I'm being stupid, but I'm having trouble adding EMA to the graph when I'm using PVSRA Black, can someone help me ?? :?

Be specific please! No one can help anyone whose problem is simply "trouble"! Trends indicator provides Dragon and two additional moving average lines. These are totally sufficient or you are not abiding with our method. - Tah

Yes Sorry, because before using PVSRA, I didn't load the PVSRA templates, so after reading more about it, I understood that it would no longer be necessary to use separate EMA, as it already existed in PVSRA, Thanks for your answer and understanding, big hug. :D

Being successful at trading requires discipline. After trading a while, we begin to understand where discipline needs most to be applied. But, even before trading, when someone arrives here with a serious nature, discipline needs to kick into high gear right from the start, and applied to reading all that is here: Registration Instructions, Orientation Posts, Study Hall Posts, User Notes for every indicator, etc. Anyone looking to NOT do their HOMEWORK here is already headed for failure, because they lack the serious discipline required to succeed. - Tah
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: PVSRA v3 Download

Post by Traderathome »

PVSRA v3 Download

For the growing list of those who will be made eligible to enjoy this incredible new template, please be patient. We thought to have this complete already but there are just a few things left to iron out. We extended our "beta testing". This was a good thing because: (1) we decided to add some more things to it from PVSRA Pro, and (2) we identified some bugs and some rough edges which we are still working on. We have not engaged in promoting false expectations. We appreciate your active participation here, which helps others as well as yourselves, and this reward is coming.

:) Tah/mja
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

skyline79 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm hi, all
i read a topic:

Characteristics of Best Setups

Setups can occur at different times during the trading day, in the midst of hectic PA, and for the unexpected direction. On a day that is choppy or with wildly swing price,
validating a setup can be difficult. Here are keys to the best setups. Look for them.

1 - The Dragon body is smoothly curved as Dragon angle improves for B.O.
2 - The Bias trend does not have opposite angle.
3 - Setup B.O. is not before the FO-LO hour.
4 - In PA history for the day there are PVA bars at levels preceding the B.O. level.
5 - PA exiting Dragon can go into ranging. EP can be in this range, as PA breaks out of this range, at last significant PA H/L or, if closer to Dragon, at B.O. of H/L trend line.

Sincerely....PVSRA, Discipline, Patience, Profits,

what mean B.O. , FO-LO ?
thanks
Break out. Frankfurt open. London open.And best you do some more study
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

skyline79 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:41 am Hi , is pvsra system now not open source for developer ?
P/s:I d'like dev some customize for myself (rewrite for mt5)
no, it's not open source.

Cheers,M
nigpig

Post by nigpig »

Hello TradeAtHome and admin team

Just been working through the detailed v2 documentation and would like to say what a very detailed and excellent work you have done over the years. Thank you for providing this system for free. It gives me huge confidence in the future after 4 years with net negative results. Already had my first two days as win win so I feel I'm making progress.

Cheers
Nigel

Nigel, welcome aboard and nice to hear you are off to a positive start. :clap: - Tah
Todust

Post by Todust »

Hello everyone, I'm only able to access the forum using VPN on my browser, does anyone know why this is happening?

:D
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Todust wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:46 pm Hello everyone, I'm only able to access the forum using VPN on my browser, does anyone know why this is happening?

Very weird. Could your network settings have sth to do with it ?

Edit: seems that site is accesible from all over the world including Brazil
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (515.85 KiB) Viewed 7576 times

Cheers,
mja
Todust

Post by Todust »

mja wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:54 pm
Todust wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:46 pm Hello everyone, I'm only able to access the forum using VPN on my browser, does anyone know why this is happening?

Very weird. Could your network settings have sth to do with it ?

Edit: seems that site is accesible from all over the world including Brazil

Capture.PNG

Cheers,
mja
Thanks, it's back to normal now, I can log in without using VPN, it must be just a momentary problem :dance:
eduferreyra14

Post by eduferreyra14 »

erro persistent on Brazil, many users with this error.
tttttt.png
tttttt.png (43.57 KiB) Viewed 7455 times

Through prior week we suffered host server outage. This week we are using a new host. Please keep us informed about this situation in Brazil. Hopefully, it does not continue. If it does, we might have to search again for another host. - Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

eduferreyra14 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:21 pm erro persistent on Brazil, many users with this error.tttttt.png

Through prior week we suffered host server outage. This week we are using a new host. Please keep us informed about this situation in Brazil. Hopefully, it does not continue. If it does, we might have to search again for another host. - Tah
Hi,
yes, there are some problems in Brazil:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (551.82 KiB) Viewed 7430 times
Will turn off cloudflare caching temporarly, check pls in 2 minutes

M
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

can someone who has this problem (from Brazil) can open commandline in windows (cmd) and execute this command:

tracert pvsrainternationalwithtraderathome.com

and send me on PM the results. You need to have any VPN off when doing it

M
eduferreyra14

Post by eduferreyra14 »

mja wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:44 pm can someone who has this problem (from Brazil) can open commandline in windows (cmd) and execute this command:

tracert pvsrainternationalwithtraderathome.com

and send me on PM the results. You need to have any VPN off when doing it

M

hello sorry for the delay.
a problem: my CMD is in Portuguese.
About the site; the connection is very slow and with error 522.
I posted this image with the using of a VPN after very attempts with erros 522.
Attachments
cmd-windowns.png
cmd-windowns.png (16.93 KiB) Viewed 7491 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

thanks. need to think about it. Seems Brazil and Argentina are only affected. This doesnt seem to point to any trouble with our server, but more to a problem with internet on these locations.
Are there any other sites that are functioning slowly or not functioning currently from your location ?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (43.84 KiB) Viewed 7487 times

Cheers,
M