TAH i love to read you! ;)

Regards.
Fisher755
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Questions & Answers

Post by Fisher755 »

General trading goals

I'm reading intoduction posts here at the site and I couldn't help noticing one thing..many of these posts have wishes like " I'm hoping to get my financial freedom trading" inside. This is not pointed to a particular member- just a general thinking of wannabe traders- I think it is completly wrong and ass backwards. The trading journey should not start with end result wishes. IMHO.
In my eyes it should start like- "I want to take a small piece of pie out of this big sharkpool" or "My goal is to make one clean setup trade per day/week" or "I would like to finsh the year green even if it is 0.01% green".

Expectations should be realistic and small at the start and should also be taken step by step.
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Fisher755 wrote:General trading goals

I'm reading intoduction posts here at the site and I couldn't help noticing one thing..many of these posts have wishes like " I'm hoping to get my financial freedom trading" inside. This is not pointed to a particular member- just a general thinking of wannabe traders- I think it is completly wrong and ass backwards. The trading journey should not start with end result wishes. IMHO.
In my eyes it should start like- "I want to take a small piece of pie out of this big sharkpool" or "My goal is to make one clean setup trade per day/week" or "I would like to finsh the year green even if it is 0.01% green".

Expectations should be realistic and small at the start and should also be taken step by step.
This post by Fisher755 is an incredibly good one, illuminating the proper "want" and "how".

Big dreams with unrealistic plans to achieve never come true. Progress comes thru the implemented plan, not thru wishful thinking.

Our plan here is to pick proper setups and trade very light relative to account size. At first, the realization of why we trade very light relative to account size will not be fully understood by you. You might even object to it. As you work with PVSRA, as your knowledge of HTMRW grows, the wisdom of it will dawn on you.

When in a trade, it can go right or wrong. Right is great. Wrong must be dealt with. If wrong, we have these choices: fold, fold and switch, hold, hold and add. What choice is taken will depend on you, on your skill at PVSRA and HTMRW. And when the time comes that you begin to understand more PVSRA and HTMRW you will venture at times into the choices of hold, hold and add. And you will come to understand at that time the wisdom of growing up into this career by trading very light relative to account size, of having very conservative, realistic expectations when starting out.

As Fisher755 says, "....take a small piece of pie....one clean setup trade per day/week....finish....green...." Read that post over and over. The more you do, and the more you think on it, the more you will come to realize there is great wisdom there. The fullness of it will come to you the more screen time you have doing things right.
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by runner »

What kind of PA is this? :shock: :?

I just LOVE these easy questions! Obviously this is "consolidation" PA...where MMs range price up and down continuously in order to cater to the bias of both bulls and bears in order to create liquidity by having them enter the market. But, of course, only one direction is ultimately the "right" direction....SM orders, for which the MMs are working to fill by suckering in "wrong siders". And from the picture, we can easily see how many times the MMs managed to sucker in "wrong siders" below the whole level, where the MMs filled SM long orders....... - Tah
GBPNZDM1.png
GBPNZDM1.png (149.42 KiB) Viewed 5776 times
And when you read Fisher755 below, there is the hint of suggestion that maybe this is a broker that did some "creative in-house pricing" in order to stop hunt their own clients while the MMs/liquidity providers had the price lowest..... -Tah
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

[quote="runner"]What kind of PA is this? :shock: :?
It's more like "funny broker that needs to be changed" PA.
My PA is completly normal.
Attachments
GBPNZDM1.png
GBPNZDM1.png (90.27 KiB) Viewed 5767 times
Traderathome

Re: Happy Holiday Season Everyone!

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers, Ladies and Gentlemen, One and All,

2017 has been a fine year. 2018 will beat it! Attitude determines altitude.....mind over matter.....disciplined vs undisciplined.....patience over impatience. And progressive skill with PVSRA leading to a growing sixth sense about HTMRW. All of which improves your decisions under fire and your profitability!

But now is the time to pull back, close down trading and enjoy your family, your loved one(s), and the spirit of this Holiday Season; kindness, helpfulness and generosity. The market will be fading off and later crank back up. Enjoy the break! And don't think to immediately jump back in heavy when it starts to crank up.
Think of January and February as one GIGANTIC Asian Session...... :angry-tappingfoot:

Relax, have fun, get re-grounded in other things in your life.

Have a Very Merry Christmas! :text-merryxmas: :occasion-xmas:

Have a Wonderful New Year! :text-happynewyear: :occasion-partyblower:

And "Thank You" to all that participated in 2017 with posts that helped to instruct and encourage others. Blessings will come back to you for this. :text-thankyoublue: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Sincerely,
:) Tah
cykoh8500

Post by cykoh8500 »

Very good comments! :clap:
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

cykoh8500 wrote:

Very good comments! :clap:
Very good comments, indeed! Fisher755 is a natural born trader....can get into the thick of things gyrating up and down and inevitably come with profits....but is also a very conservative trader. Realistic goals and conservatism are bed mates. Conservative trading is more than adequate to achieve realistic goals. Realistic goals only require conservative trading, whereas apply aggressive trading to them and you'll likely end up with nothing!

If anyone has a goal problem, or consistently ends up trading too aggressively, try this. "I will allow myself to be proud of myself if I trade even only one good setup a week, plan it out well including anticipating adverse PA and what options I will use and where (hold, hold and add, fold, fold and switch), trading conservatively based on my account size (including any anticipated adding)......and then STICK TO MY PLAN."

Now, if you do this right just one time, you can be proud. You will also find it easier to do it a second time whenever the next good setup comes. And you will discover about being profitable and how realistic goals can be achieved.
Traderathome

Re: Membership Deletions/Trading Room Access

Post by Traderathome »

Membership Deletions/Trading Room Access

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Over the past several months many members have had their membership deleted. It is not our intent to forcibly remove anyone who is active here, only those that were shown to have not been at the site for months.....and that maybe came originally only to get whatever was free, and leave.

I personally apologize to anyone who frequents this site and whose membership was deleted. It is possible that some such persons have been coming to the site to read, but without ever logging in. In which case, they have been listed as inactive for all that time. If you are one of these persons, please reapply for membership (using somewhat different ID is required) in accordance with site post #1. Once this is accomplished, always login when you come to the site to prevent becoming listed as "inactive".

On another note, the "Trading Room" is being given the same status as the "Downloads Room", meaning only those having completed the site post #1 instructions for membership will be able to access this room,....after they login. Internet browsers will not see it, but they will see this notice if they read this "Comments, Q & A Room". So, eventually, folks will understand they have to be a member that is logged in to follow what is going on in the "Trading Room", and that they should always login when they visit the site so they do not become listed "inactive".

PVSRA Musketeers, thank you all for your understanding and cooperation. It is a spot of trouble that "moochers" visit, read & learn, and then take whatever else is free and leave to go elsewhere to "contribute"! And it is not a help that some bonafide PVSRA Musketeers might come regularly to the site to "catch up", but never login, never post, and therefore appear as hardly ever having been here! We PVSRA Musketeers.....one and all.....should be here for improvement and to help others in the same manner. This sort of implies "involvement". Right? Again, PVSRA Musketeers, thank you all for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,
Mnevis

Post by Mnevis »

Why do I stop posting my trades?

Recently I ask myself an easy question, why do I stop posting my trades in this forum? Here is an exploration of this question.

When I see myself not posting anymore, what will follow next usually happen before and after.

The first step is this euphoria state when I start to have a strike of winning days, the threshold vary all the time. Sometimes, a simple more than usual profit will make the trick.

As a snake or a dark force it slowly taking space inside of me and slowly separate myself form the world. This snake make me believe that now I know more than others, make me confident but not in the good way. I think we call this arrogance. Sometimes, in that stage, I look at others posts and feel that I know more and sometimes do just the opposite just to feel that I’m superior.

This snake is slowly getting bigger and bigger until the gap from what it is and what the snake thing it is collapse and this gap is filled with fear. When this happen, I do not post my trades, because they are so ugly, so stupid, they are really far from what I have learn from this group.

When fear takes over and vanity collapse I feel a shame and I disappear... far, very far... Thinking about what have just happened. How this snake make me become something far from nature, far from compassion. In the dark and in fear I continue to trade as the snake want to revenge and having a last bite from this world, my soul continue to get hurt from the snake and the ship sink, until my soul cannot take it anymore or there is no more money left. Sometimes, I feel blessed to not have money anymore in the account. I feel released from the snake that curse my life.

Countless of times I have been through this cycle. Believe me I would love to share my trades every trading day of the year with this group.

Anyone know where the snake come from? What he wants? How it is possible to smell the presence of the snake?

Truly yours,
Mnevis
P.S. Feel free to tell me if you see any grammar mistake.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Mnevis wrote:Why do I stop posting my trades?

Recently I ask myself an easy question, why do I stop posting my trades in this forum? Here is an exploration of this question.

When I see myself not posting anymore, what will follow next usually happen before and after.

The first step is this euphoria state when I start to have a strike of winning days, the threshold vary all the time. Sometimes, a simple more than usual profit will make the trick.

As a snake or a dark force it slowly taking space inside of me and slowly separate myself form the world. This snake make me believe that now I know more than others, make me confident but not in the good way. I think we call this arrogance. Sometimes, in that stage, I look at others posts and feel that I know more and sometimes do just the opposite just to feel that I’m superior.

This snake is slowly getting bigger and bigger until the gap from what it is and what the snake thing it is collapse and this gap is filled with fear. When this happen, I do not post my trades, because they are so ugly, so stupid, they are really far from what I have learn from this group.

When fear takes over and vanity collapse I feel a shame and I disappear... far, very far... Thinking about what have just happened. How this snake make me become something far from nature, far from compassion. In the dark and in fear I continue to trade as the snake want to revenge and having a last bite from this world, my soul continue to get hurt from the snake and the ship sink, until my soul cannot take it anymore or there is no more money left. Sometimes, I feel blessed to not have money anymore in the account. I feel released from the snake that curse my life.

Countless of times I have been through this cycle. Believe me I would love to share my trades every trading day of the year with this group.

Anyone know where the snake come from? What he wants? How it is possible to smell the presence of the snake?

Truly yours,
Mnevis
Dear Mnevis,

very nice and also very important post. It might help you very much that you have done this. That's for the start.

It is nothing unusual , every trader had to go thru this phase ( or still has to deal with such emotions to some extent). This is not a problem as emotions are part of us - we are human. Now, you have obviously learnt how to take the right setup when they appear. Or you are at least close to it. But that's only one part of trading- execution. Second part is HTMRW. MMs will deceive as much as they can with intention that you would feel like you do. And lose most probably, because emotions would blure your judgement. Even if you take the right setup the trade might stil go wrong. As soon as you accept this as part of trading you will deal with your emotions much easier. With both euphoria and depression side. Every trade has 50% chance of going wrong, but with PVSRA and expirience about HTMRW you have a certain edge to make this % better. However- not regarding one single trade- always on series of trades. Let's take 100 trades. If PVSRA and more and more expirience can give you even 60% winning trades ( or baskets of trades, doesn't matter) then you will become consistently profitable. As soon as this happens your emotions will also lower down. By much. BUT- You must stop thinking about the outcome of one single trade. Always, always look at results of 100 trades ( in our example, or whatever number you choose). Repeat this in your head until it becomes part of you. Write it down thousand times. Do whatever it takes that this sentance becomes part of you like you were born with it.
Never look at the outcome of one trade, alway look at the outcome of series of trades!!!!!!!!!!

Below I attatched the example of my middle size account. My stats don't matter in this case, just wanted to show you series of trades ( 99) and their power. You should not even blink at one trade outcome, no matter how good or bad it is..
Attachments
NOT ONE TRADE!!!!.jpg
NOT ONE TRADE!!!!.jpg (137.48 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
silence197

Post by silence197 »

Hi
Can someone make a list of abbreviation of terms we use in this forum?
I'm having a hard time following trading room to study when I can't understand many term like AS, or SH....
chagu

Post by chagu »

silence197 wrote:Hi
I'm having a hard time following trading room to study when I can't understand many term like AS, or SH....
you need to read it again buddy. then you will get it. and when you get it from reading it stays with you forever
Mnevis

Post by Mnevis »

Yes Chagu is right !

AS : asian session
SH : stop hunt
chagu wrote:
silence197 wrote:Hi
you need to read it again buddy. then you will get it. and when you get it from reading it stays with you forever
Mnevis

Post by Mnevis »

Fisher755 wrote:

Truly yours,
Mnevis
Dear Mnevis,

very nice and also very important post. It might help you very much that you have done this. That's for the start.

It is nothing unusual , every trader had to go thru this phase ( or still has to deal with such emotions to some extent). This is not a problem as emotions are part of us - we are human. Now, you have obviously learnt how to take the right setup when they appear. Or you are at least close to it. But that's only one part of trading- execution. Second part is HTMRW. MMs will deceive as much as they can with intention that you would feel like you do. And lose most probably, because emotions would blure your judgement. Even if you take the right setup the trade might stil go wrong. As soon as you accept this as part of trading you will deal with your emotions much easier. With both euphoria and depression side. Every trade has 50% chance of going wrong, but with PVSRA and expirience about HTMRW you have a certain edge to make this % better. However- not regarding one single trade- always on series of trades. Let's take 100 trades. If PVSRA and more and more expirience can give you even 60% winning trades ( or baskets of trades, doesn't matter) then you will become consistently profitable. As soon as this happens your emotions will also lower down. By much. BUT- You must stop thinking about the outcome of one single trade. Always, always look at results of 100 trades ( in our example, or whatever number you choose). Repeat this in your head until it becomes part of you. Write it down thousand times. Do whatever it takes that this sentance becomes part of you like you were born with it.
Never look at the outcome of one trade, alway look at the outcome of series of trades!!!!!!!!!!

Below I attatched the example of my middle size account. My stats don't matter in this case, just wanted to show you series of trades ( 99) and their power. You should not even blink at one trade outcome, no matter how good or bad it is..
Dear Fisher555,

I can feel that this is what it should be. Always look at the big picture without losing an eye on the details. Regarding your sentence, I will write it down, but let me rephrase it, as my mom told me to always make positive sentence for the mind.

Always look at the outcome of a series of trades. Looking at only one trade will only blur your judgement.

I often try to tell to myself that I’m not the result of my actions, I’m my actions only, the result is just a by-product. I took this from the book of Mark Douglas, Trade in the zone. I read this book 3 years ago and help me to gain more consistency, some month without a losing day. My mojo at that time was never more, never less. Every day, I will have a target and I should not make more than this target even if I feel I can do better. Until I get tempted by the snake to do more because I had this feeling that thing was now different. Things like “Oh now I understand this game and I’m now free financially” or “I did it, I reach the summit”. This temptation is so strong and the snake so wise. This is always the beginning of the end. I’m now thinking that maybe I was not enough humble with myself and contented with the result, but it is dam hard to do, when thing become so easy. Alleviate the burden of money can drive someone crazy.

I’m now re-reading the book as it give great insight regarding the mind. Consistency take time and patience and all come down to the sentences that you wrote.

But some questions remain, how can you the stay the same when the burden of money is removed from the mind ?

Mnevis
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

Mnevis wrote:
Fisher755 wrote:

Truly yours,
Mnevis
Dear Mnevis,

Dear Fisher555,

I can feel that this is what it should be. Always look at the big picture without losing an eye on the details. Regarding your sentence, I will write it down, but let me rephrase it, as my mom told me to always make positive sentence for the mind.

Always look at the outcome of a series of trades. Looking at only one trade will only blur your judgement.

I often try to tell to myself that I’m not the result of my actions, I’m my actions only, the result is just a by-product. I took this from the book of Mark Douglas, Trade in the zone. I read this book 3 years ago and help me to gain more consistency, some month without a losing day. My mojo at that time was never more, never less. Every day, I will have a target and I should not make more than this target even if I feel I can do better. Until I get tempted by the snake to do more because I had this feeling that thing was now different. Things like “Oh now I understand this game and I’m now free financially” or “I did it, I reach the summit”. This temptation is so strong and the snake so wise. This is always the beginning of the end. I’m now thinking that maybe I was not enough humble with myself and contented with the result, but it is dam hard to do, when thing become so easy. Alleviate the burden of money can drive someone crazy.

I’m now re-reading the book as it give great insight regarding the mind. Consistency take time and patience and all come down to the sentences that you wrote.

But some questions remain, how can you the stay the same when the burden of money is removed from the mind ?

Mnevis
Constant awareness of HTMRW at the same time. We can never know how price is moving next and even if we have 40 trades winning streak it doesn't mean we cannot have 12 trades losing streak too ( my max number of winning and losing streak lately). Some say that stats don't matter, but I think that they help you being grounded and aware .

I know it can be hard thinking about 50 or 100 trades stats if you are posting one nice trade day by day in the trading room, but they are just samples out of larger series of trades. Except for the right TA and timing they mean nothing for consistency on their own. They are just the basis, one small piece of the puzzle.
Traderathome

Re: Notice to Members About Access to Topics

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Membership "Privileges" to access our various Topic rooms has been reworked, to correct errors and omissions. I believe these privileges to now be assigned correctly for all members. However, if any of you find you do not have file access to our Downloads, or do not have full posting privileges in the Trading Room, then please PM me what problems you are having. This goes for any other problems, as well. If it were not for some recent PMs this review and rework of "Privileges" would not have taken place! If you are a member, then be active! If there is a problem, then let me know about it!

I apologize for any inconvenience some of you might have been encountering. And I thank you for your patience. Sailing thru some of the complexities involved in the software of this site is not one of my strong points.

Sincerely,
Libra

POSTING TRADES & STRATEGY

Post by Libra »

Hallo,

I have four questions.

1. When posting trades. Should we stick to the TVT20 Strategy or we can post our own strategies analysed using PVSRA?
2. Are we allowed to post with additional indicators. Something that will assist explaining my thoughts?
3. What is this indicator with red and green dots attached above the News Calendar? See attachment. I have noticed it couple of times. LOL!
4. How long does it take one to be classified as inactive member. I would not want to be thrown out from this place.
2018-01-27 02_22_16-TVT20 no SL - Page 2 - PVSRAInternationalWithTraderathome.com.png
2018-01-27 02_22_16-TVT20 no SL - Page 2 - PVSRAInternationalWithTraderathome.com.png (35.92 KiB) Viewed 5971 times
Personally, I have used PVSRA since i learnt it from FF on your thread and previous Sonic classic trading. However, I have devised a different way to trade with it. I even trade counter trends after i see stopping volumes after a long run.

Thank you.
Market Manipulation - "Market Makers Drop to Buy; Market Makers Pump to Dump."
Traderathome

Re: POSTING TRADES & STRATEGY

Post by Traderathome »

Libra wrote:Hallo,

I have four questions.

1. When posting trades. Should we stick to the TVT20 Strategy or we can post our own strategies analysed using PVSRA?
2. Are we allowed to post with additional indicators. Something that will assist explaining my thoughts?
3. What is this indicator with red and green dots attached above the News Calendar? See attachment. I have noticed it couple of times. LOL!
4. How long does it take one to be classified as inactive member. I would not want to be thrown out from this place.

2018-01-27 02_22_16-TVT20 no SL - Page 2 - PVSRAInternationalWithTraderathome.com.png

Personally, I have used PVSRA since i learnt it from FF on your thread and previous Sonic classic trading. However, I have devised a different way to trade with it. I even trade counter trends after i see stopping volumes after a long run.

Thank you.
Hi,

1. Any trader can trade however they find PVSRA helps them best. TVT20 is just a single method, focused on a setup that should be easy for the eye to spot and based on a quick in-out trade plan, because the longer a trade runs, the more time there is for things to go wrong.
2. Nope. Use them on a template of your own, but not on anything posted here. We cannot stop any trader from experimenting with other stuff, but we believe when all is said and done, successful traders unanimously agree that "less is best". We can get used to seeing indicators "looking" a certain way ahead of moves, and become more and more reliant on that situation. But the problem with all indicators other than volume is that they are naught but a derivative of price itself, mathematically tweaked one way or the other to present a certain appearance that is different from price itself,....an appearance that might make it easier to spot a "coming move". But becoming reliant on that belies the REAL TRUTH about HTMRW, which is that we can NEVER know how the MMs will move price next, no matter what indicators we use or how many of them we use. So, it is preferred to use FEW!
3. It is just an experimental indicator showing whether or not the selected trend is angled +/-/0 on the time frames.
4. login when you arrive and this will show you are active. It is not necessary to be actively posting, although that is the only way a member can participate in a visual way that can lead to helping others while engaging in self-improvement. :)
Zerd

Post by Zerd »

Hello TAH and PVSRA development team,
I know some information about MT4 will soon be replaced by MT5. I wonder if we are going to develop a version for MT5 in future or will it stop when MT4 dies?

Regards,