Re: Questions & Answers

mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: P in PVSRA

Post by mja »

Pathfinder wrote:
Hi M. Thanks for the reply. To restate the question, if I read TAH's statement as "...price tends to consolidate above key Resistance levels when MMs are filling sell orders for SM (Smart Money) and buy orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key Support levels when MMs are filling buy orders for SM and sell orders for DM..."... Would that be correct?
hmm open up any chart and look at any support or any resistance. they usually play both support and resistance (S/R) on any given timeframe :)
Fisher755
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Fisher755 »

Pathfinder wrote:Please forgive my ignorance but I have to start out with a question from the Orientation information. In TAH's post regarding Price, it states: "price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders for SM (Smart Money) and buy orders for DM (Dumb Money), and price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders for SM and sell orders for DM."

My question is about the term "key SR". Regarding the statement "...price tends to consolidate above key SR when MMs are filling sell orders...." - am I too understand that as "key Resistance" levels?

Likewise...

"...price tends to consolidate below key SR when MMs are filling buy orders..." am I to understand that as "key Support levels"?
Sometmes a pic can tell more then words...in this case MMs consolidated price above whole number key SR area for a while ( yelow rectangle) so it is clear example . Example of what you asked not how I traded it ( it was overloaded trade because of overconfidence in PVSRA clues- today I would trade it more calm and less exposure ;) )

You will find more examples in the trading room- study the posted charts from there and see if you can identify similar situations...

EDIT:
Still, it is PVSRA and not just P. Just "P" will never work in the long run unless you trade only few times per year but that would make you investor more then a trader. It takes really a lot of experience to take the hollistic aproach PVSRA is offering and I suggest you take it as such and don't try to oversimplify... If you will put enough effort , patience , study and chart time you will be rewarded.

Yes in this case it was the "R" from the SR but we cannot know that until after the fact ( when it is too late to enter). So in this case we could only assume it was key Resistance area... key SR area is better choice of words.
Attachments
USDCADM15 Consolidation above whole level ( MMs tend to build short orders).png
USDCADM15 Consolidation above whole level ( MMs tend to build short orders).png (110.49 KiB) Viewed 8894 times
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

Fisher755 wrote:...Still, it is PVSRA and not just P. Just "P" will never work in the long run unless you trade only few times per year but that would make you investor more then a trader. It takes really a lot of experience to take the hollistic aproach PVSRA is offering and I suggest you take it as such and don't try to oversimplify... If you will put enough effort , patience , study and chart time you will be rewarded.

Yes in this case it was the "R" from the SR but we cannot know that until after the fact ( when it is too late to enter). So in this case we could only assume it was key Resistance area... key SR area is better choice of words.
Thank you to you both M and Fisher755. I really appreciate the explanations and example. I get it and all set now on that point.
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Stop hunts or not, or what, thanks...ANSWERED

Post by zan »

Hi all
can someone help me here questions on chart below :)
Stops or not.png
Stops or not.png (66.33 KiB) Viewed 8805 times
M5.png
M5.png (68.79 KiB) Viewed 8805 times
I am not sure what you mean by the M5 chart telling a different story. PVA (price, volume analysis) bars are determined by a high product of both volume and spread. A PVA bar can be of high volume, small spread. It can be of low volume, high spread. It only needs to have a product (volume x spread) that is high compared to most recent bars. Looking at these two charts gives me the impression of the MMs Accumulating. Then I looked at GJ on H1 chart, which seems to have this in a 200+ pips range and with the appearance that it might be gaining strength for a sometime breakout move upwards. We cannot know, of course, what the MMs will do with price from day to day. If the MMs are indeed accumulating, they could still whack this out of the range downwards for a good bear swing. But, such a move could also be a head fake (Wychoff Spring Down in Accumulation Phase) with ultimately the start of a very good bull swing. But, as the chart below shows, a "Spring Down" during Accumulation might have taken place already. If you are trading M15-M5, as opposed to being a swing or position trader, just trade what you see, awaiting a decent setup while being fully prepared if it goes wrong. More GBP high impact releases are ahead this week, so this could all be building up for a range break. - Tah
jun 054.png
jun 054.png (98.22 KiB) Viewed 8741 times
Jeff59FX

Re: Do Not See Downloads.....ANSWERED

Post by Jeff59FX »

Hello There,
Is there going to be an Updated version to your PVSRA Templates and Indicators because I do not see the download section of this Awesome site!

Blessed Be,
Jeff

Permissions to the Downloads and Trading Room are now granted to you. I apologize that this was not done at the proper time. -Tah
Skyllo

Re: Strange volume and late entry....ANSWERED

Post by Skyllo »

Hi all,

I am new in forex, starting trade 11 months ago and learn PVSRA since february. I know more about the really market works, and rarely decoy by MMs. This is really awesome analysis. After learn few month, i face some problem, hope you could help me.

1) I have a little problem about entry, especially when the MMs push the price too fast, so i late entry to the market. I know where they will take the price, but i hesitate to entry. Fear the price is exhausted and will pull back. This is happen very often till make me fail to catch a good profit from the market. So could you give me some advice or clue about the price, is still worthy or not to entry when this happen? What should i look at the chart, round number, support resistance, or other?

2) I always see a strange volume that happen after london close when the price consolidation in daily. Actually i wanna ask this question a month ago, but i decide to hold to see what happen in market.

Question #1 (should I enter after signs MMs have pushed hard?) - Look at the Day/Week range lines on chart and also at previous consolidation ranging areas, to see where PA might soon be headed...remember, we cannot know how MMs are going to move price next. Is it far enough to warrant entry?
Question#2 (strange volume in After Hours of NY session?) - From time to time it happens, and usually signs the MMs are opening or closing SM positions. No reason it cannot happen on any pair that SM is interested in, or is no longer interested in.
- Tah

In the first picture, mms start building position to sell, so the price will go down in the future. But when the price consolidation in daily, the strange volume up bar coming. The next day price is bearish, but back to bullish.

In this picture we can see ultra high volume up bar at LC, and when the price consolidation in daily too. After that MMs push the price down to takes more long, and the market goes up.

I just wanna confirm it. Is it true that strange volume that appears after lC in the example above means mms buy? If so, then we need to check the trend that is happening, in the first picture the trend is going down and mms want to sell it means this strange volume is meant to pump up the price before lowering it. While in the second picture, the trend is going up and the odd volume comes out, this means mms support the bullish movement

Is odd volume also appears in other instrument? I just trader major, and see the strange volume in GBPUSD, EURSD, USDJPY, NZDUSD, and AUDUSD. Or this happen only in major?

Thank for the answer.
Fisher755

Re: Strange volume and late entry....ANSWERED

Post by Fisher755 »

Skyllo wrote:Hi all,

I am new in forex, starting trade 11 months ago and learn PVSRA since february. I know more about the really market works, and rarely decoy by MMs. This is really awesome analysis. After learn few month, i face some problem, hope you could help me.

Question #1 (should I enter after signs MMs have pushed hard?) - Look at the Day/Week range lines on chart and also at previous consolidation ranging areas, to see where PA might soon be headed...remember, we cannot know how MMs are going to move price next. Is it far enough to warrant entry?

Question#2 (strange volume in After Hours of NY session?) - From time to time it happens, and usually signs the MMs are opening or closing SM positions. No reason it cannot happen on any pair that SM is interested in, or is no longer interested in.
- Tah

Thank for the answer.
We can really all be happy to have Tah, he is such a hard worker and such a great person to teach all of us for free because you can believe me that he is putting really many many hours of his time , he cares much and he is a perfectionist.

So his answer was very specific and I wanted to post more general answer for you and also for many relatively new or not so expiriened traders...

Now when I saw your post I remember how I was few years ago when I was not completly new, but also not expirienced enough...I knew some things and I was prety good with entrys, especialy in such cases as was in your question today....that why I want to say:
Don't be so hard on yourself ! Keeep going and keep grinding peanuts because whatever you think you may know now it is NOTHING really compared to what you will know in 3, 4 or 5 years if you like the freedom trading can give you and you are serious to stay in the game for the long run.

I really learned a lot from Tah, he anwered many many of my questions and I was really lucky because my learning curve was faster then on average, but I wish he would say to me exactly the thing I told you today.

Relax, keep learning and practicing and gaining expirience. Whatever you think you may know today it is nothing compared to what you will know in next few years!
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
ScarX

Post by ScarX »

Hey everyone.

I was wondering, what do you guys do while waiting for a setup/entry point? I remember testing a strategy for about 4 months, where I'd be glued to the screen for 4+ hours looking for a setup and it drove me nuts. It was a valuable experience though as to why overtrading is destructive to ones performance. So go ahead guys, share your favourite things to do while trading ;)

Mine would be reading, watching netflix series and getting some emails done from time to time. I refrain from doing things that require my undivided attention such as work related emails, learning, playing games.
The only pressure on me is what I place on myself.
- Simjo
Motiram

Post by Motiram »

Hello to all,

This is my first post this time reading posts seems good lessons, Forex is not an easy looks need hard homework to get out some pip in your favour.

I want to ask in some of post in the sub window right at the top corner there is a one indicator "MFT Bais 16wgt Tread" where can I find.

Please any one has some idea.

Thank you

Good Luck

Regards,
Moti
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Motiram wrote:Hello to all,

I want to ask in some of post in the sub window right at the top corner there is a one indicator "MFT Bais 16wgt Tread" where can I find.
I guess you mean the trend indy in Tahs "Limited Edition" template. It is not available anywhere but the main function of the indy is to show whether trendline is up or down on particular timeframes (from m1-d1 or w1) based on 16wgt trendline.
ScarX wrote:
I was wondering, what do you guys do while waiting for a setup/entry point? I remember testing a strategy for about 4 months, where I'd be glued to the screen for 4+ hours looking for a setup and it drove me nuts. It was a valuable experience though as to why overtrading is destructive to ones performance. So go ahead guys, share your favourite things to do while trading ;)
I do office work while trading. The result is that I'm no as focused on the market as I should be :think:
Motiram

Post by Motiram »

mja wrote: I guess you mean the trend indy in Tahs "Limited Edition" template. It is not available anywhere but the main function of the indy is to show whether trendline is up or down on particular timeframes (from m1-d1 or w1) based on 16wgt trendline.
Hello mja, thank you for your replay, I can see Fisher755 recent post under this link he has the indicator may I request him. It seem is a nice indicator what do you think?
viewtopic.php?f=23&p=2655#p2655

Good day

Regards,
Moti
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Motiram wrote:
mja wrote: I guess you mean the trend indy in Tahs "Limited Edition" template. It is not available anywhere but the main function of the indy is to show whether trendline is up or down on particular timeframes (from m1-d1 or w1) based on 16wgt trendline.
Hello mja, thank you for your replay, I can see Fisher755 recent post under this link he has the indicator may I request him. It seem is a nice indicator what do you think?

Good day

Regards,
Moti
Well, its nice addition but if U ask me... for starters and newbies, less indys is better. I dont know if U are experienced trader, if not, this will be only distraction. And while taking first steps you should review timeframes and check them by yourself (my opinion) to gain experience on how price behaves on smaller and bigger pictures. Focusing on indicators will only make you distracted from what is of most importance - Price Action, Volumes, S/R'es... and these can be analyzed on a clean chart using standard template.
Traderathome

Re: RGY Lights Indy? ....LESS IS BEST!

Post by Traderathome »

mja wrote:
Motiram wrote:

Good day

Regards,
Moti
Well, its nice addition but if U ask me... for starters and newbies, less indys is better. I dont know if U are experienced trader, if not, this will be only distraction. And while taking first steps you should review timeframes and check them by yourself (my opinion) to gain experience on how price behaves on smaller and bigger pictures. Focusing on indicators will only make you distracted from what is of most importance - Price Action, Volumes, S/R'es... and these can be analyzed on a clean chart using standard template.

Green, Yellow, Red Lights Indicator?.....LESS IS BEST!

The subject indicator is NOT available. After development, Fisher755 took to it like a fish into water. Only God knows why. The way the MMs constanly move prices up and down...either while ranging or when they really whip or whack them...such an indicator is going to show blinking colors on the lower TF Lights. Such will be causing the trader to go check the chart TF to see what is happening. Shortly afterwards, they'll have to go check it again because the lights changed colors again! Therefore, such a display for lower TFs is more bother than it is worth. What about higher TFs? Well, all you have to do is look at HTF charts on the weekend and write down your bias based on what you see. You will soon find out during the week that follows that what is going on on HTF charts has little to do with what the MMs decide to do with prices from one hour to the next, from one day to the next. It is not a good idea to become slavishly dependent on some indicators. They make it easy for you to forsake the exercise and development of your own intelligence and understanding of HTMRW by looking at and assessing charts yourself. And because NO indicator is a satisfactory predictor of what the MMs will do with price next it is best to put in your own screen time to study PA. Over time, important things about HTMRW will subconsciously sink in. And PVSRA will help it happen faster. Developing your skill with PVSRA and learning HTMRW is what will make you a better trader....not some indicator that will distract you from taking the time to develop this skill and knowledge! So, for now, the subject indicator is shelved.

And mja, thank you for so quickly responding to address this situation.

- Tah :)
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Hi Team
After some advice please.I am looking at buying a decent PC.right now I have 3 old pcs 4 lap tops.1 lap top pretty good.It all gets a bit much jumping around multiple keyboards mouses etc,cables to reach the moon.lol.I would like 1 pc that will run 6 monitors perhaps more.Done my own research of course,thats what we do here. ;)
I would appreciate any input here.Not looking for the best,even second hand would be fine,have heard some gaming pcs could the way to go.I already have all the monitors in use now their all good.Just wana simplify and tidy my set up.budget in mind.what do you guys and gals think.Thanks Zan. :D :?:
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

zan wrote:Hi Team
After some advice please.I am looking at buying a decent PC.right now I have 3 old pcs 4 lap tops.1 lap top pretty good.It all gets a bit much jumping around multiple keyboards mouses etc,cables to reach the moon.lol.I would like 1 pc that will run 6 monitors perhaps more.Done my own research of course,thats what we do here. ;)
I would appreciate any input here.Not looking for the best,even second hand would be fine,have heard some gaming pcs could the way to go.I already have all the monitors in use now their all good.Just wana simplify and tidy my set up.budget in mind.what do you guys and gals think.Thanks Zan. :D :?:

Zan,
With six monitors you obviously wanto to have a lot of browsers, mt4 charts and other stuff opened so while looking for perfect gear I recommend looking at 3 things:
- strong processor (both multithrhread and singlethread, bearing in mind that mt4 is mostly a singlethread app). Used one would be i7's but they are expensive ones. AMD released their Ryzen series some time ago and they seem good. I would go for Ryzen. For comparing particular models use this link: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php EDIT: you might wanna look at older used Xeon processors. Sometimes can be bought cheap on ebay. Revisions matters though (v1,v2,v3... ) efficiency - wise. Passmark cpu bench list may be helpful.
- graphics card...remember that the number of outputs on the card is not the number of optputs it can use simoultanously. Usually there is a cap - max 3 or 4. There are some kind of DisplayPort hubs available but their performance is not so great. I would recomend obtaining cheaper (maybe used) two or three cards that can serve up to 3 monitors each. There are also specialized video cards for this but not cheap
- buy an ssd for a system partition. even a small one (128 gb) will suffice

M
xiaotiao89

Re: Missing Levels Lines.....ANSWERED

Post by xiaotiao89 »

Hi guys,

Below I have attached two pictures, one was posted by mja and another one is mine. Is there any settings that I can change so the quarter level and whole level will show in my chart just like mja's? I have checked with the inputs of the indicator, I didnt see any settings that can solve this problem. I am wondering is it because of different decimals offered by my forex broker? I am using Instaforex.

Thanks,
XT89

Be sure you are using the current template/indicators in Download Room! And check the External Inputs to the Access Panel that the Levels lines are turned on. Please follow up and let us know you have resolved the problem. - Tah
Attachments
EURJPY_M15_20-7-18.png
EURJPY_M15_20-7-18.png (58.61 KiB) Viewed 8982 times
EURJPYM15-18.07.png
EURJPYM15-18.07.png (62.08 KiB) Viewed 8982 times
xiaotiao89

Re: Missing Levels Lines.....ANSWERED

Post by xiaotiao89 »

xiaotiao89 wrote:Hi guys,

Below I have attached two pictures, one was posted by mja and another one is mine. Is there any settings that I can change so the quarter level and whole level will show in my chart just like mja's? I have checked with the inputs of the indicator, I didnt see any settings that can solve this problem. I am wondering is it because of different decimals offered by my forex broker? I am using Instaforex.

Thanks,
XT89

Be sure you are using the current template/indicators in Download Room! And check the External Inputs to the Access Panel that the Levels lines are turned on. Please follow up and let us know you have resolved the problem. - Tah

Yes, Tah. I am using the latest template and indicators which were released on April 2018. I have tried loading black template but no level lines showed too.I have attached the pictures, please have a look.
Attachments
eurjpy-m15-instaforex-group-2.png
eurjpy-m15-instaforex-group-2.png (50.49 KiB) Viewed 8973 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (128.72 KiB) Viewed 8973 times
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (116.15 KiB) Viewed 8973 times
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

mja wrote:
zan wrote:Hi Team

Zan,
With six monitors you obviously wanto to have a lot of browsers, mt4 charts and other stuff opened so while looking for perfect gear I recommend looking at 3 things:
- strong processor (both multithrhread and singlethread, bearing in mind that mt4 is mostly a singlethread app). Used one would be i7's but they are expensive ones. AMD released their Ryzen series some time ago and they seem good. I would go for Ryzen. For comparing particular models use this link: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php EDIT: you might wanna look at older used Xeon processors. Sometimes can be bought cheap on ebay. Revisions matters though (v1,v2,v3... ) efficiency - wise. Passmark cpu bench list may be helpful.
- graphics card...remember that the number of outputs on the card is not the number of optputs it can use simoultanously. Usually there is a cap - max 3 or 4. There are some kind of DisplayPort hubs available but their performance is not so great. I would recomend obtaining cheaper (maybe used) two or three cards that can serve up to 3 monitors each. There are also specialized video cards for this but not cheap
- buy an ssd for a system partition. even a small one (128 gb) will suffice

M
Thanks mja.Always helpful.I guess the set up i have is pretty good,great for my eyes to have the big monitors to look at,best of all my gear was all free,local school up dated all their gear ,so all was going to the dump.right place right time so i grabbed all i could.also being in my time zone I have some very long nites,sometimes if need be I will be in my trading room from 5pm into the lonely hours one time I made it until 5am my time,working my way out of a nasty trade.lol so its good to be able to catch a movie or online tv and of course keep an eye on you guys.Thanks again.Keep up the great work you do here,we are lucky to have you. :clap: .Cheers .Zan.
Traderathome

Re: Missing Levels Lines.....REPLY

Post by Traderathome »

xiaotiao89 wrote:
xiaotiao89 wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks,
XT89

Yes, Tah. I am using the latest template and indicators which were released on April 2018. I have tried loading black template but no level lines showed too.I have attached the pictures, please have a look.
I don't know what to make of this. Since you are the only one experiencing this problem, then maybe it is caused by the broker using different decimals (4-digits instead of the improved 5-digit?). I guess if the broker is still a 4-digit broker, they are raking in more profits from customer trading inasmuch as they price at the high of 4-digits to their customers and keep the actual difference between that price and the actual 5-digit market price. If your broker is a 4-digit broker, try to get with a different broker that is not! - Tah
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Hi all.
just tried to open account with IC markets,no New Zealand clients allowed.bloody aussies.lol.ckecked it out because lmfx has been pissing me off all last week. :doh: