Re: Questions & Answers

luke1711

Post by luke1711 »

Please be advised that MT4 in it's downloaded form does not have a "context menu" accessible by clicking right mouse button on the broker mt4 icon. This feature is apparently one that must be appended to MT4 by action of brokers themselves. Many have not provided this feature to their clients, unfortunately. - Tah
Yes, but I mean the icon associated to the "Terminal.exe" file (Client Terminal MT4)...
I changed a few brokers over the years, and since I recall, all the provided downloadable MT4 installations ended always with this file installed, with a different broker icon.
Choosing "properties" in the Right-Mouse button menu is a Windows feature available with every software (those with icons).
I am using a normal "phisical" desktop computer with Windows 10 Professional as operating system.

With Windows 10 Professional (and I assume with any version thereof) this will not be found in Local Disk (C:) Program Files for brokers MT4s. As far as right clicking on MT4 icon in Taskbar, all you can do then is to open application, close it, or remove it. Yes, you can open Windows "Troubleshooter" if right clicking on MT4 icon on Desktop. You see, this is like trading......some details matter. :lol: Good work! :dance: - Tah
mattmoore4ua

Post by mattmoore4ua »

Question about candle color between IC Markets MT4 and TradersWay MT4-ECN: which one holds more weight? I can see that TradersWay looks to have more volume compared to IC Markets, does this mean that I should use their charting to identify the candle color? It makes trading quite difficult when each terminal has different candle colors and I have no idea which one should hold more weight.

Thank you for your help!

You have not done your HOMEWORK here! The answer to this question and many others will be found for you to read and contemplate in the Orientation Room and Study Hall. Please do the HOMEWORK....as per our Welcome! message.....and save us the time and anguish of responding to the same questions over and over and over and over, with each new member that hasn't. - Tah
opg

Post by opg »

Hello PVSRA Musqueteers,

I read somewhere that you should not trade on bank holidays, and they say the reason is the reduction in liquidity.
Should I follow this advice or just still scan the charts for a setup?

Do as you like. Bank holidays can mean less participation in the market. Less participation can mean if the MMs wish to move price from "A" to "B" they might be able to do it more suddenly, without any "lead-in"....an increase in volatility due to a decrease in genuine activity by usual market participants. Of course, we cannot ever know what the MMs will be doing with prices, so......do as you like. - Tah

Thanks for your input, Tah.
VictorG16

Post by VictorG16 »

Hello PVSRA Musketeers,

I have a question about the TVT20 method. It is if the TVT20 is made to look for a movement in favor of the construction of MMS positions or if it was also created to enter a stop hunt or a movement ''uptrend or downtrend phase'' in order to place the DMS on the wrong side?

For example and I see that a given currency pair is having volume at the tops and above the key levels in this case probably the MMS are bear so I could just use TVT20 on sell or I could use TVT20 on buy in a possible stop hunt move ?

First, there is the "Setup". What defines a setup? Then there is the "Entry Point". What are the things to look for to help place the EP? And then there is TVT 20 MOL, FIFO, which is a guide for how long to stay in a trade as a "day trader". All you need for these things is in the Study Hall. - Tah

My doubt is in this sentence "Trade only if PVSRA supports the Trend direction move" .
Does this mean I can only buy using TVT20 if MMS are bull or only sell using TVT20 if MMS are bear?

Whatever your doubts are now, they will be corrected as you read, think, and re-read and re-think all the material in the Orientation Room and Study Hall and the trades posted in the Trading Room. You keep referring to "TVT20" as though it is the essence of our trading method. It isn't. It is a concept for closing a trade of our method referred to using the acronym "TVT". Do you know what that stands for(?).....Trend Validated Trade! Please, you need to do a lot of HOMEWORK here! This and other things you might question are dealt with already. You must absorb what is already provided. It is unfair of you to expect someone else to lay it all out again, especially for you, in lieu of you doing the HOMEWORK like everyone else. As for your question, can you buy only if MMs are bulls and sell only if MMs are bears.....you can trade however you wish, but if you wish to learn our method here, grow here, help others here, then please start by first completing your HOMEWORK here, before asking such a question. I will say this. Suppose there is a bear setup, PA has already dropped, and is reversing up....a "bull retrace" in the drop from a bear setup. Can it be traded? Drop down to a lower TF chart and there might be a bull setup BO already in progress. You have to be quick. The retrace might be brief. After spreads the gain might not be all that attractive. But a lower time frame bullish Trend Validated Trade could be there. - Tah

Thank you very much, I will do my homework.
almostright

Post by almostright »

Hoping I'm not appearing too demanding at this early stage of my membership, I would have a request regarding the display of the trades levels indicator. Would it be possible to modify the average line and price so to include commissions too, maybe as an option? That would go for the values in the lower right bottom too. The Include_Commissions_Swaps is set tu True, but I see no difference. I have an indicator to show me what I'm suggesting as displayed in the picture, but it clutters things a bit and if there is a way to modify your indicator, I would much prefer it. I'm attaching a chart to explain better. Sorry again, if my request is inappropriate.
Trade open
Trade open
2021-10-08_10-17-39.png (113.91 KiB) Viewed 8457 times
You are referring to a difference of 7 ten thousandths! Undoubtedly the very least obstacle in the world to growing success. Is corrected in PVSRA v3, not quite yet ready. :) - Tah

EDIT: Now that the trade is closed, the count is correct. I don't understand... :doh:
Trade closed
Trade closed
2021-10-08_11-10-24.png (26.45 KiB) Viewed 8455 times
almostright

Post by almostright »

almostright wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:29 am Hoping I'm not appearing too demanding at this early stage of my membership, I would have a request regarding the display of the trades levels indicator. Would it be possible to modify the average line and price so to include commissions too, maybe as an option? That would go for the values in the lower right bottom too. The Include_Commissions_Swaps is set tu True, but I see no difference. I have an indicator to show me what I'm suggesting as displayed in the picture, but it clutters things a bit and if there is a way to modify your indicator, I would much prefer it. I'm attaching a chart to explain better. Sorry again, if my request is inappropriate.2021-10-08_10-17-39.png

You are referring to a difference of 7 ten thousandths! Undoubtedly the very least obstacle in the world to growing success. Is corrected in PVSRA v3, not quite yet ready. :) - Tah

EDIT: Now that the trade is closed, the count is correct. I don't understand... :doh: 2021-10-08_11-10-24.png
Well, you know what? You just made me realise something: up until before I had the luck to start adopting your strategy I was using high stakes and short SLs. In that case the commission would make a big difference when I was moving the SL to just b/e, so including it (the commission) would make me feel more comfortable, but after reading your reply today I just realised it doesn't really matter anymore, as now my stakes are much lower in comparison and even adding up still won't make a huge difference. Thanks so much again, mate (by the way, just added 52 more pips on GJ post NFP! :)
almostright

Post by almostright »

Hello. For this strategy when I have multiple trades open I have been successfully using a very handy couple of scripts to drag either SL or TP lines all together at once, so they become unified. I would be happy to share them if anyone interested, but of course I would ask for permission by the moderators.

The activation of your scripts occupies the upper right of chart, which is where PVSRA v3 and PVSRA Pro have "Clicker Icons" that enable instant change between different MA settings pre-defined by default or by the user. Thank you for your offer, and you are welcome to post the scripts. PVSRA v3 and PVSRA Pro have not yet been released. When they are, traders can decide for themselves. - Tah
almostright

Post by almostright »

almostright wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:18 am Hello. For this strategy when I have multiple trades open I have been successfully using a very handy couple of scripts to drag either SL or TP lines all together at once, so they become unified. I would be happy to share them if anyone interested, but of course I would ask for permission by the moderators.

The activation of your scripts occupies the upper right of chart, which is where PVSRA v3 and PVSRA Pro have "Clicker Icons" that enable instant change between different MA settings pre-defined by default or by the user. Thank you for your offer, and you are welcome to post the scripts. PVSRA v3 and PVSRA Pro have not yet been released. When they are, traders can decide for themselves. - Tah
Hi Tah. Thanks for allowing me to share them. My understanding is that the advanced versions are not open to all members, and anyway, while waiting for them, here are the scripts... The name is pretty explanatory: one drags and drops the relevant one to the location wanted :)
Attachments
DragDrop_modify_stops.mq4
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
DragDrop_modify_tp.mq4
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
almostright

Post by almostright »

If I may, as I don't want to disrupt the trading room with my simple thoughts, I will post them here. After less than a month since I have discovered PVSRA, I can't believe the results I have been having, first of all by handling my trading with much less emotional attachment due to my much better money management and then by the improved "capability" of reading what's happening behind the scenes. It's like a curtain has dropped before my very eyes! I can't say that I am already mastering it: far from it, of course! And I don't know how long it will take me to get to see and implement all the nuances (if ever), but I can attest that I haven't closed a day with a loss since I started on a demo account, which I do strive to treat like a real one. If I had to describe my level of understanding at the moment, I would say that I basically make less mistakes than when I started (most important of all, not trying to predict reversals and follow the trend), but even that is enough to be profitable. At times, I have the impression it is so easy to see the traps set by the MMs, but of course I'm 100% aware it is NOT easy, and I try to stay humble and never predict. Patience is not my strong point, and sometimes I enter too early or too late because of FOMO (fear of missing out), but I'm truly working on it and there is certainly an abyssal difference between my old way of trading and now. One more thing: I have read the golden posts twice, to let them sink in and surely I will again, but it's most definitely worth it.
Moral of the post? I just wanted to express once again my sincerest and deepest thank you to tah and all the team, who have made all this available for free to us common mortals. For those just starting, take your time, read the golden posts thoroughly and the trades posted by the masters here (not the newbies like me, although they can be still handy in order not to follow them but to assess the mistakes). It will come to you, but only if you're willing to commit yourselves: it's a hidden gem, probably the only one (surely THE only one for me) that you will ever find in this world of deceit which is the trading environment.
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Apprenticeship

Post by Traderathome »

almostright wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:47 am If I may, as I don't want to disrupt the trading room with my simple thoughts, I will post them here. After less than a month since I have discovered PVSRA, I can't believe the results I have been having, first of all by handling my trading with much less emotional attachment due to my much better money management and then by the improved "capability" of reading what's happening behind the scenes. It's like a curtain has dropped before my very eyes! I can't say that I am already mastering it: far from it, of course! And I don't know how long it will take me to get to see and implement all the nuances (if ever), but I can attest that I haven't closed a day with a loss since I started on a demo account, which I do strive to treat like a real one. If I had to describe my level of understanding at the moment, I would say that I basically make less mistakes than when I started (most important of all, not trying to predict reversals and follow the trend), but even that is enough to be profitable. At times, I have the impression it is so easy to see the traps set by the MMs, but of course I'm 100% aware it is NOT easy, and I try to stay humble and never predict. Patience is not my strong point, and sometimes I enter too early or too late because of FOMO (fear of missing out), but I'm truly working on it and there is certainly an abyssal difference between my old way of trading and now. One more thing: I have read the golden posts twice, to let them sink in and surely I will again, but it's most definitely worth it.
Moral of the post? I just wanted to express once again my sincerest and deepest thank you to tah and all the team, who have made all this available for free to us common mortals. For those just starting, take your time, read the golden posts thoroughly and the trades posted by the masters here (not the newbies like me, although they can be still handy in order not to follow them but to assess the mistakes). It will come to you, but only if you're willing to commit yourselves: it's a hidden gem, probably the only one (surely THE only one for me) that you will ever find in this world of deceit which is the trading environment.
Dear almostright,

I read this post and I was deeply impacted; by your honesty, your description of how things began to "click", by your self-awareness to stay on guard in spite of increasing confidence and success, by your diligence to read everything embedded on this site and by so much more if one reads between the lines, and particularly by your thought to even make the post as an act of sharing with everyone else your apprenticeship, which is the same as theirs and from which they can take heart if they have been struggling.

For all of us, I sincerely thank you,
:clap: Tah
Snowy

Post by Snowy »

I hope this isn't asked and answered already!

One of the considerations for a TVT20 trade is "Trade preferably only if the trend has a good angle" by trend I assume the 50ema. Now I attach 2 images, one is a chart of NZDUSD the other a drawing of a clock. The chart shows what I believe are good angles of the trend both long and short. The clock shows what I understand is meant by an angle between 1 and 2 for a long trade and 4 and 5 for a short trade.

The clock thing confuses me, how is it meant to help, for me it is contra indicative.
InkedNZDUSDM15 Clock_LI.jpg
InkedNZDUSDM15 Clock_LI.jpg (625.95 KiB) Viewed 8009 times
Clock.pdf
(100.7 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
The pdf. picture is wrong. That is why it is confusing you. Basically, we are describing a 45 degree up angle (approximately) as a good bullish Dragon, and a 45 degree down angle (approximately) as a good bearish Dragon. Using the direction a hand of the clock is pointing is another way we are describing a good bullish angle (hand pointing up at 1-2 o'clock) and a good bearish angle (hand pointing down at 4-5 o'clock) for the Dragon. There is no need to complicate this, as it is all approximate. - Tah
Snowy

Post by Snowy »

Snowy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:19 am I hope this isn't asked and answered already!

One of the considerations for a TVT20 trade is "Trade preferably only if the trend has a good angle" by trend I assume the 50ema. Now I attach 2 images, one is a chart of NZDUSD the other a drawing of a clock. The chart shows what I believe are good angles of the trend both long and short. The clock shows what I understand is meant by an angle between 1 and 2 for a long trade and 4 and 5 for a short trade.

The clock thing confuses me, how is it meant to help, for me it is contra indicative.
InkedNZDUSDM15 Clock_LI.jpg
Clock.pdf

The pdf. picture is wrong. That is why it is confusing you. Basically, we are describing a 45 degree up angle (approximately) as a good bullish Dragon, and a 45 degree down angle (approximately) as a good bearish Dragon. Using the direction a hand of the clock is pointing is another way we are describing a good bullish angle (hand pointing up at 1-2 o'clock) and a good bearish angle (hand pointing down at 4-5 o'clock) for the Dragon. There is no need to complicate this, as it is all approximate. - Tah
Thank you for that, I just knew I was misunderstanding but for the life of me I couldn't imagine the reference was to the position of the HANDS of the clock.
eduferreyra14

Post by eduferreyra14 »

Learning Pyramid: How do we learn? | William Glasser’s Choice Theory
The more learning channels we associate when studying, the more meaningful and totally effective our learning will be. So, we can use this theory to improve PVSRA learning.

Happy new year to all.
pyramid.jpg
pyramid.jpg (129.44 KiB) Viewed 7773 times
Great post! :text-goodpost: Yes! The more we apply ourselves, the more we learn from it. Explaining it to others....in a studied fashion (really thinking it out, first)....helps us to better apply. In the biblical Greek, the most specific language found in original biblical writings, there are 3 words for "knowledge": (1) one denotes knowledge that is out there, knowledge that exists, (2) another denotes what measure of that knowledge we obtain thru studies, learned knowledge and (3) denotes the most powerful knowledge of all, knowledge we obtain by real experience, experiential knowledge! - Tah
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I am close now to the release of PVSRA v3, which will be made available to members selected on the basis of their activity here. Meanwhile, please be advised of the new PVSRA v2.2 Download now available to everyone, including browsers, in the Downloads Topic. This new download affects only the News Panel (v2.2). It puts the proper url address in the proper place. So, there should now be no News Panel failures due to improper url address....not until Forex Factory again changes it!

:) Tah
Poker_player

Post by Poker_player »

Hello, this part is not clear to me:
PA must exhibit a move back away from the Trend, with a breakout or imminent breakout of a key S/R Level (whole, half, sometimes a quarter Level).
How do you define key level? Like in other site I have learned key levels are levels drawed by D1 and higher timeframes and for horisontal levels the distance between levels had to be aproximate some amount of pips, I cant remember how much, maybe 150 or smth. But that site teached trading by higher levels than 15 min also. It was teaching to used at least H1 charts.

Also how to understand half, quarter level? Where it is? Can you give examle drawing of that?
almostright

Post by almostright »

Poker_player wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:00 pm Hello, this part is not clear to me:
PA must exhibit a move back away from the Trend, with a breakout or imminent breakout of a key S/R Level (whole, half, sometimes a quarter Level).
How do you define key level? Like in other site I have learned key levels are levels drawed by D1 and higher timeframes and for horisontal levels the distance between levels had to be aproximate some amount of pips, I cant remember how much, maybe 150 or smth. But that site teached trading by higher levels than 15 min also. It was teaching to used at least H1 charts.

Also how to understand half, quarter level? Where it is? Can you give examle drawing of that?
Without venturing into a broader (or stricter) definition of key levels like the ones you mention on higher timeframes, in our case they simply refer to the numbers ending in 00 (whole), 50 (half) and 25-75 (quarter), the first two (more frequently) and the third (less frequently) being the location of lumps of sitting orders (usually below for buys and above for sells) placed by the MMs to control the market, and revealed to our benefit by bigger volume bars visible around those levels, marking higher activity. In the attached picture you can see them displayed as per the Access Panel indicator. You will find the options how to visually modify them in this post viewtopic.php?p=2180#p2180 under paragraph 2. Background Level Lines.
Attachments
2022-02-14_21-52-10_EURUSD_M30_.png
2022-02-14_21-52-10_EURUSD_M30_.png (60.84 KiB) Viewed 7255 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Poker_player wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:00 pm Hello, this part is not clear to me:

Let me guess.......when you decided to ask your question, you had not yet even read all of the Orientation Room posts and Study Hall posts! .......let alone finished thinking about all you read! Instead, soon as you came across a concept not clear to you (because you haven 't done your HOMEWORK here), you simply ask for someone else (who HAS done their HOMEWORK here) to rewrite it down, especially for you.

Now, if this is correct. I do hope no more such questions until you have completed your HOMEWORK, out of courtesy to everyone else who has. Thank you.

- Tah
Poker_player

Post by Poker_player »

Let me guess.......when you decided to ask your question, you had not yet even read all of the Orientation Room posts and Study Hall posts!
this guess is wrong :) and before posting, I even used search function about those levels, but did not find in the first results what I needed. And I expect later results will be less accurate so I did not check them.

I was thinking but I see it takes too long because I have no information to think about.
I also looked at some pictures from another thread with trades, and was hoping maybe from pictures I will understand. But no, that also did not work.
almostright

Post by almostright »

Hi TAH.
I would like the Open trade PL label in the bottom right corner not to be shown at all, the reason being that at times I let the positive or negative result affect my decision to close my trades too early. I have been going through the settings and managed to disable everything except the average pips number. The only effective way I found is to use the same colour as the background. Just checking with you to make sure I'm not missing something (hopefully)... Thanks.
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

almostright wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:17 am Hi TAH.
I would like the Open trade PL label in the bottom right corner not to be shown at all, the reason being that at times I let the positive or negative result affect my decision to close my trades too early. I have been going through the settings and managed to disable everything except the average pips number. The only effective way I found is to use the same colour as the background. Just checking with you to make sure I'm not missing something (hopefully)... Thanks.
Dear almostright,

No, it was not designed to be off so long as there is an open trade.