Re: Questions & Answers

miketrades

Post by miketrades »

awesome. thanks for replying.

actually i found the thread and indicators on forexfatory, and i think in that post where these indicators were attached, there was no tpl / template file. is there any page where i can download it from?

Also, do we continue discussing trade ideas and executions on FF?
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Traderathome »

miketrades wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:38 am awesome. thanks for replying.

actually i found the thread and indicators on forexfatory, and i think in that post where these indicators were attached, there was no tpl / template file. is there any page where i can download it from?

Also, do we continue discussing trade ideas and executions on FF?
We have a downloads topic on this site. And, yes, we can continue to function on FF, but first obligation is everyone helps everyone here.

:) Tah
Eranaim

Post by Eranaim »

Hello Team, how you all doing?
I'm trying to put the new template p.v2 but having some issues.
1.As you can see in the attached picture the Access pannel has a weird gray tail in his right area column. why is that?
2.Iv'e read the post about the new news link. I put the link in the empty blank at the right place and still the news don't show.
I've tried in 2 ways: first to put the link: https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml
at the part 6 and also tried to put it at Url_Manual_Input. both didn't workout.

I would like to take part in this amazing team with the right template and tools.
Any suggestions?
news1.png
news1.png (76.65 KiB) Viewed 12735 times
EURUSDM15.png
EURUSDM15.png (114.21 KiB) Viewed 12735 times
Thanks in advance :) Eran.
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Eranaim wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 am Hello Team, how you all doing?
I'm trying to put the new template p.v2 but having some issues.
1.As you can see in the attached picture the Access pannel has a weird gray tail in his right area column. why is that?
2.Iv'e read the post about the new news link. I put the link in the empty blank at the right place and still the news don't show.
I've tried in 2 ways: first to put the link: https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml
at the part 6 and also tried to put it at Url_Manual_Input. both didn't workout.

I would like to take part in this amazing team with the right template and tools.
Any suggestions?

news1.png

EURUSDM15.png

Thanks in advance :) Eran.
1. The gray area at right of Access Panel is due to your HD monitor which is incompatible with v2 label coding, but only a cosmetic consequence and already discussed in Q&A in the past. This is fixed in v3 (still in work).
2. You are not using the proper News Panel link to FF .xml file. Instructions were recently posted here in Q&A, which you can also read.

Eranaim

Post by Eranaim »

Thank you for your reply Master Tah.
I've tried again, with the correct link: https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml
isn't it?
Tah.png
Tah.png (66.79 KiB) Viewed 12726 times
news3.png
news3.png (54.83 KiB) Viewed 12726 times
USDCHFM15.png
USDCHFM15.png (129.49 KiB) Viewed 12725 times
Still doesn't work...
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

:doh:
Eranaim wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:50 pm Thank you for your reply Master Tah.
I've tried again, with the correct link: https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml
isn't it?

Tah.png
news3.png
USDCHFM15.png

Still doesn't work...
Yes, it does not work because you did not enter the URL in the proper place! Do you not see the external input box for "URL_Manual_Input"......??????????????????????????????????? :doh: Furthermore, I suggest you start new with the download template and don't screw around with it, except to enter the FF .xml link in the proper place! You have tinkered too much with what we have spend a good deal of time to make clean and functional. :snooty:
Traderathome

Re: WARNING of Members Soliciting Other Members!

Post by Traderathome »

Warning to All Members!

All members please be advised to be alert against ANY site member who solicits payment from you for "services offered" to help you be a more profitable trader! :snooty:

Our Welcome Msg that precedes the Registration Instructions has been revised to include said warning.

Anyone who has fully read, reflected, absorbed the content in our Orientation Room and Study Hall should already, without question, know that "we" are "against" all who sell "systems" and "services" to individuals hoping to become successful traders! Our experience has been that none are worth the asking price and what might per chance be included that has value is already free in countless places!

Enough said?

- Tah
dan123

Post by dan123 »

Hi all
I want to ask about broker trader's way. Are they good broker at this time?
I read the recommend broker in "PVSRA Recommended Brokers" that they are OK but that post since July, 2018
Anyone are trading with this broker?
Please tell me about your opinion
Many thanks!!
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hello,

I've closely followed the instructions to get the news feed working but, I'm still getting a "Calendar warning: File format error!". After saving the XML feed URL to the correct location in the V2.1 new indicator, I've changed the timeframe, closed and re-opened MT4 but to no avail.

I'm using V4 Build 1335 of MT4. I've attached a screenshot that may be helpful. Thanks very much!

Chris.
room1.png
room1.png (142.04 KiB) Viewed 12228 times
Traderathome

Re: PVSRA v2.1 News Panel Warning Revisited

Post by Traderathome »

ChrisC wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:32 pm Hello,

I've closely followed the instructions to get the news feed working but, I'm still getting a "Calendar warning: File format error!". After saving the XML feed URL to the correct location in the V2.1 new indicator, I've changed the timeframe, closed and re-opened MT4 but to no avail.

I'm using V4 Build 1335 of MT4. I've attached a screenshot that may be helpful. Thanks very much!

Chris.

room1.png
I have checked out PVSRA v2.1 and found all works fine and the following has been added to the User Notes for PVSRA News Panel v2.1 and the preceding PVSRA v2 Downloads Introduction. Apparently Forex Factory "fixed" the original 2 addresses for their Calendar so they both work again. And we now have also a 3rd address that works.

Important Update on News Panel Indicator Population! -
On May 20, 2021 the two hard coded .xml file addresses in PVSRA v2.1 were retested and both found to be working identically. You can select either: choice "1" (enter "true") or "2" (enter "false"). Also, the address https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml works the same and will replace using either of the other two if it is inserted in the blank external input space at the bottom of the last external inputs section of the indicator. Remember, this is for PVSRA v2.1 that replaces non-functioning PVSRA v2. And it is best if your MT4 is the latest build which at the time of this notice is Version: 4.00 build 1335, 14 May 2021.
:)
ScreenHunter_636 May. 20 22.18.jpg
ScreenHunter_636 May. 20 22.18.jpg (252.57 KiB) Viewed 12219 times
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

I'm happy to say that this morning when I turned my PC on and loaded MT4, the Events Schedule loaded without any further changes on my part. Thank you very much for your response and I'm delighted with the template/indicators :dance:
Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Hi!!

I would like to be able to place the pvsra trade levels v2, information in one of these positions, is it possible?

THX

Nope. We are not here to support those that come here with the idea of adopting from our template to suit their own pride and joy template. We are all a team here using the same template in our posts so visual repetition, repetition, repetition in the reading improves the rate at which it all sinks in for all of us, as thru our posts we help each other grow to greater success. :doh: - Tah
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hello,

I've been reading and consuming the indicator notes and have a question regarding the Volume bars. The notes say:

Situation "Climax"
When volume >= 200% of the average volume of the 10 previous chart TFs or where the product of candle spread x candle volume is >= the highest for the 10 previous chart time TFs.

I would understand if this said for the previous 10 candles but, I'm unsure of what "chart time TFs" means or extends to? Obviously, "TFs" means "timeframes" so, expanded, it seems to be saying "10 previous chart time timeframes". I hope I'm not missing something really obvious here! :think:

Regards... Chris

Yes, "previous chart time TFs" refers to each of the previous 10 chart time frame bars. - Tah
Master Swiss

Post by Master Swiss »

Hi everyone,

I have a question with regards to running MT4 on Mac M1. So I have installed Parallels, installed ARM Windows, setup MT4 from IC Markets and installed the PVSRA Indicators as per the instructions. However, the information presented on the top corners is not viewing correctly, is there a way for me to adjust this on my end.

I've attached a screenshot showing this problem.
Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 21.48.32.png
Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 21.48.32.png (959.84 KiB) Viewed 11910 times
MT4 is supported by Windows. All indicators are fine on Windows. There are other operating systems, yes, and I understand there are tools for those OS to accommodate MT4. Our PVSRA v3 is a major upgrade (still in work) and addresses other OS. Meanwhile, you will have to "Google" and do some research. If any member here has an immediate solution, please help by posting it. However, I see by your pic that you are already off to a bad start. Not having read even our INTRODUCTION you are attempting our method by picking and choosing between parts of our template and other stuff; not allowed here and you should not waste your time here if this is your intent. Tah
Master Swiss

Post by Master Swiss »

Master Swiss wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:53 pm Hi everyone,

I have a question with regards to running MT4 on Mac M1. So I have installed Parallels, installed ARM Windows, setup MT4 from IC Markets and installed the PVSRA Indicators as per the instructions. However, the information presented on the top corners is not viewing correctly, is there a way for me to adjust this on my end.

I've attached a screenshot showing this problem.Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 21.48.32.png

MT4 is supported by Windows. All indicators are fine on Windows. There are other operating systems, yes, and I understand there are tools for those OS to accommodate MT4. Our PVSRA v3 is a major upgrade (still in work) and addresses other OS. Meanwhile, you will have to "Google" and do some research. If any member here has an immediate solution, please help by posting it. However, I see by your pic that you are already off to a bad start. Not having read even our INTRODUCTION you are attempting our method by picking and choosing between parts of our template and other stuff; not allowed here and you should not waste your time here if this is your intent. Tah
Hi Tah, thank you for your response. I see how I violated the rules outlined in the Posting Etiquette, I am sorry about this. I have adjusted my chart accordingly. If I do come to a solution I will provide it here for those that may be running MT4 on the Mac M1.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 11.56.06.png
Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 11.56.06.png (359.52 KiB) Viewed 11886 times
Traderathome

Re: Please Fix Your PVSRA v2.1 News Panel!

Post by Traderathome »

Getting Your News Panel to Display Events

Still there are folks posting pics that show their News Panel indicator is not populating the news events. The fix is simple! Follow these instructions:

1. You MUST use the most recently released version of our PVSRA v2 template which has the PVSRA v2.1 version for the News Panel indicator.
2. Right click on chart.
3. Click on "Indicators List".
4. Click on the PVSRA v2.1 News Panel indicator in this list to highlight it, and then click on "Edit".
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the list of "Inputs". This link must appear in this last input: https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml
6. If this is not the link that appears there, or if the "Input" is blank, then copy/paste the link into this last input!
7. Now the PVSRA v2.1 News Panel indicator will display the news events, which will be blank entries only when there are no more to come for the week.

Please fix your PVSRA v2.1 News Panel indicator on your template by doing the above before further posting of trade pics.

Thank You,
praetorion

Post by praetorion »

Master Swiss wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:02 am

I've attached a screenshot showing this problem.Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 21.48.32.png

Hi Tah, thank you for your response. I see how I violated the rules outlined in the Posting Etiquette, I am sorry about this. I have adjusted my chart accordingly. If I do come to a solution I will provide it here for those that may be running MT4 on the Mac M1.
Hello Master Swiss,

The issue is screen resolution set improperly. since you are using Windows over parallels, you need to check the screen resolution settings for parallels. Should that not resolve your problem, in access panel, there scroll to the section that reads " Part 2____________ Panel Settings". The next line reads Panel_font_size_7_vs_8 and change the value to that which fits your screen resolution.
Master Swiss

Post by Master Swiss »

praetorion wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 pm

Hello Master Swiss,

The issue is screen resolution set improperly. since you are using Windows over parallels, you need to check the screen resolution settings for parallels. Should that not resolve your problem, in access panel, there scroll to the section that reads " Part 2____________ Panel Settings". The next line reads Panel_font_size_7_vs_8 and change the value to that which fits your screen resolution.
Hi Praetorian,

Thank you for that :) . As it turns out, it has to do with how scaling is done on the ARM Windows. For everything to fit on MT4 I have to return the scaling to at most 140%. The side effect is that all the icons and text are smaller now but everything is displaying correctly on MT4. Since I have the Windows VM for this it shouldn't be a problem.

Praetorian, thank you for your participation here and your helping another member. Nice team work. Nice team player. :clap: - Tah
luke1711

Post by luke1711 »

Master Swiss wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:51 pm
praetorion wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 pm

Hello Master Swiss,

Hi Praetorian,

Thank you for that :) . As it turns out, it has to do with how scaling is done on the ARM Windows. For everything to fit on MT4 I have to return the scaling to at most 140%. The side effect is that all the icons and text are smaller now but everything is displaying correctly on MT4. Since I have the Windows VM for this it shouldn't be a problem.

Praetorian, thank you for your participation here and your helping another member. Nice team work. Nice team player. :clap: - Tah
Hi, another fix could be attempted by going on the MT4 icon, selecting properties from the context menu using right mouse button, then go to Compatibility tab (step 1).
Click below on "Change high DPI settings" (step 2). It opens a new panel where you must choose the scaling behavior done by system, like in the picture (step 3).
After that, restart MT4 terminal and everything should be displayed correctly. It works for me :)
MT4 high DPI fix.png
MT4 high DPI fix.png (52.87 KiB) Viewed 11762 times
Please be advised that MT4 in it's downloaded form does not have a "context menu" accessible by clicking right mouse button on the broker mt4 icon. This feature is apparently one that must be appended to MT4 by action of brokers themselves. Many have not provided this feature to their clients, unfortunately. - Tah
praetorion

Post by praetorion »

Then the scaling post above should be able to fix the resolution issue.

I am running on MT4 downloaded from ICmarkets on a windows 2012 server over VMware workstation without any of these fixes except for the ones that within the Indicator Access Panel. Also you might want to check for your display drivers.

@Tah, Thank you always out there to help.