Re: Questions & Answers

Mnevis

Post by Mnevis »

I have a question concerning LMFX broker.

I have been using them for a year so far no problem with execution and trading. But recently I wanted to try the zero account and it seems that I have to use a 3rd party payment service. I don't know but it seems like a bit sketchy. Most of online business process their credit card without a 3rd party. Today I talk with supervisor and he said that this is a management decision. So just to make it clear there is no way we can deposit money without fee. Is it possible that the broker is a big Ponzi scheme, that as soon as they will stop making money they will just disappear?

Now I'm looking for another broker. Anyone have anything to recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Transfer/Withdraw/Deposit without Charge

Post by Traderathome »

Mnevis wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:03 pm I have a question concerning LMFX broker.

I have been using them for a year so far no problem with execution and trading. But recently I wanted to try the zero account and it seems that I have to use a 3rd party payment service. I don't know but it seems like a bit sketchy. Most of online business process their credit card without a 3rd party. Today I talk with supervisor and he said that this is a management decision. So just to make it clear there is no way we can deposit money without fee. Is it possible that the broker is a big Ponzi scheme, that as soon as they will stop making money they will just disappear?

Now I'm looking for another broker. Anyone have anything to recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Please let me add, I too would like to hear of any such broker. I suppose there are places traders can use their credit cards directly, without fees: UK residents with UK brokers, EU residents with EU brokers, Aussie residents with Aussie brokers, etc. I am not at all sure how "universal" even that is, anymore. Seems the simple channels for moving money are being shut down, especially for residents of one country wishing to do business with a broker that is "offshore" from that country,.....all about governments getting more and more control over how money can legitimately move (particularly when it moves in and out of certain places), so the governments can thwart illicit enterprises. So, upspring all these new companies that charge to transfer money, and brokers too that might levy charges for money deposited and withdrawn. The good old days are gone. But, if someone knows otherwise, please post.
DepresedT

Post by DepresedT »

Apparently, new regulations are being amended by SECs according to ESMAs (European Securities and Markets Authority) - MIFID 2 policies.
So, because of BREXIT and FCA regulations clients from UK who wishes to trade with an European broker are forced to deposit funds thru a 3rd party payment providers, so, offshore brokers by regulation need to have that 3rd pty payment provider to be able and accommodate Non European traders.

I might be wrong but I'm a residence of Cyprus and Pepperstone payment option for me (Cyprus to UK) is done thru a 3rd party payment provider.
DepresedT

Post by DepresedT »

Before posting my issue I have tried to remove PVSRA indicators and template.

My question is what do I need to do in order to see the trades that closed in profits/losses to display the labels. I have a couple of trades that closed but because no lables I don't want to posted them in Trading Room and get Flagged/Warn.

This is what I see for the trades that closed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
EURCHF.M15.png
EURCHF.M15.png (52.74 KiB) Viewed 13693 times
Mnevis

Post by Mnevis »

DepresedT wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 am Before posting my issue I have tried to remove PVSRA indicators and template.

My question is what do I need to do in order to see the trades that closed in profits/losses to display the labels. I have a couple of trades that closed but because no lables I don't want to posted them in Trading Room and get Flagged/Warn.

This is what I see for the trades that closed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Maybe you can zoom out? There is an option where you can change the setting in Trade levels.
Attachments
2021-01-18_13-08-15.png
2021-01-18_13-08-15.png (42.31 KiB) Viewed 13691 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

Mnevis wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:12 pm
DepresedT wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 am Before posting my issue I have tried to remove PVSRA indicators and template.

Maybe you can zoom out? There is an option where you can change the setting in Trade levels.
The two most likely reasons closed trade labels do not appear on chart are: (1) they are on chart, but too high or too low to be seen unless you scroll the chart down so more height is visible or you enter the external inputs and reduce the pips offset for label from closed price, and (2) the trade closed farther back in time than the "Lookback Time" setting in Trade levels, meaning that setting needs to be increased until the label appears. This is all very clearly spelled out in the Trade Levels User Notes.....HOMEWORK!
DepresedT

Post by DepresedT »

Traderathome wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:49 pm
The two most likely reasons closed trade labels do not appear on chart are: (1) they are on chart, but too high or too low to be seen unless you scroll the chart down so more height is visible or you enter the external inputs and reduce the pips offset for label from closed price, and (2) the trade closed farther back in time than the "Lookback Time" setting in Trade levels, meaning that setting needs to be increased until the label appears. This is all very clearly spelled out in the Trade Levels User Notes.....HOMEWORK!
I am sorry for being a nuisance but figured out what the issue is, also I have check the settings and they are all defaults didn't touch anything.

Labels wont display if you take an closed trade from account history and slap it into another chart, it will only display if the closed trades has it's own chart.

My apologies for asking dumb questions. I will from now on refrain from posting questions until i triple check User Notes.
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

DepresedT wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:14 am
Traderathome wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:49 pm
I am sorry for being a nuisance but figured out what the issue is, also I have check the settings and they are all defaults didn't touch anything.

Labels wont display if you take an closed trade from account history and slap it into another chart, it will only display if the closed trades has it's own chart.

My apologies for asking dumb questions. I will from now on refrain from posting questions until i triple check User Notes.
Yes, there is that also, but also covered by our statement to use only our "official" PVSRA templates! Do not try to pick and choose certain indicators only for use on "your own" invented template! Again......HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally, thousands of man-hours, over a good number of years, by very generous and talented folks, have gone into the creation of these indicators and template. While you might think you can do better, you can't. You will learn this......eventually......and meanwhile you will waste a lot of time. Yours and ours, too. And you can only post using our template. Substantive violations will cause revocation of membership. :naughty: Be with us or don't be with us. Your choice. Just don't waste our time. It sounds to me like you have not even seriously read the posts in the Orientation Room, which includes our posting etiquette.
hunk18

Re: Market Seems Tightly Ranging?

Post by hunk18 »

Traderathome wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:23 pm
zan wrote:Hi team.The market seems to have been in a fairly tight range for some time now,as I see it and I am wondering why this is so? I understand there may be some concerns of some large world events of recent times, also of course it is a start of a new year.Is it just the ebb and flow of the market? Are the robber mms on holiday spending their profits :lol: It seems to me there are far less trading opportunities of late. I did note GBP/JPY made a nice move last London session. Nice to see,how ever the market range overall still seems tight.I guess I am asking is their any real reason for this? Cheers- Zan
Market Seems to be Tightly Ranging?

If it is, it might have something to do with the end of February coming very soon now. Maybe SM has placed orders to close positions and the MMs now have the prices in those areas, and want to create the liquidity needed to close those positions. One can only guess.

Take your favorite pair(s). Sometimes they are ranging: wide or tight. Sometimes they are trending: up or down. Who knows why? Does it make any difference what the reason might be? We still would not know how the MMs might decide to move prices next!

What we have here works.

-Tah :)

Good answer, it really is like taking milk from the stone and using the method taught here TVT20 FIFO, we always find good answers in this incredible forum. :D
Mnevis

Post by Mnevis »

Market is rigged,

What do you think about this article?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/finance- ... r-BB1dFnrV

Yes, it is all true, and more! The market is set up so those with the most money can manipulate prices....if "they" have the means (money), the market has the ways (bank invented derivatives, options, naked shorting which is illegal but still done, and HFT to front run everyone else's orders...bumping the price and selling it back). There is no level playing field at all there. It is a place of monumental greed and evil, and where illegal activities are conducted daily because they go mostly ignored and unpunished by the "do nothing" regulators (SEC).

As active as the stock markets are, they are puny compared to the currency market, where a currency cannot be naked shorted to ZERO value and where retail traders can as easily trade short as they can trade long. - :) Tah
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by runner »

Mnevis wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:50 pm Market is rigged,

What do you think about this article?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/finance- ... r-BB1dFnrV

They are doing good on GameStop and failed in silver, why? Because in accumulative they are the MM at GameStop, but a very tiny bunch of fishes at silver. Fundamentally speaking, silver will start to go up, and GameStop going all the way down.
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
keller

Post by keller »

I find a problem is the News Pannel cannot work. Becuase the address which configuratioin in the indicator is the url 'https://www.forexfactory.com/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml' cannot work. I analysis the source code of ff and find the new addresss 'https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml' can work. May be will replace the address.Thanks.

Thank you. Yes, this new address works. We will revise downloads for PVSRA v2 to include this new address in the News Panel. Folks can check periodically for the update. - Tah
Attachments
WechatIMG100.png
WechatIMG100.png (263.15 KiB) Viewed 12896 times
Traderathome

Re: Keller News Panel Fix

Post by Traderathome »

keller wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:22 pm I find a problem is the News Pannel cannot work. Becuase the address which configuratioin in the indicator is the url 'https://www.forexfactory.com/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml' cannot work. I analysis the source code of ff and find the new addresss 'https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml' can work. May be will replace the address.Thanks.

Thank you. Yes, this new address works. We will revise downloads for PVSRA v2 to include this new address in the News Panel. Folks can check periodically for the update. - Tah
PVSRA v2 News Panel includes a section of External Inputs (Part_6) to select the address of the Forex Factory Calendar .xml file. Two past addresses are selectable via "true/false" input.
However this section of External Inputs also includes an input for the user to write in an address and the News Panel will default to using it. This is the last User External Input shown (see attached pic.). Insert https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml in the blank box. The News Panel will populate with this new address if neither of the two included address choices work.

We all owe Keller a big thanks and hug for being a participating member here, helping us out over a rough spot. Thank you, Keller, from me and from all of us. :clap:

:) Tah
Attachments
ScreenHunter_621 Mar. 15 16.55.jpg
ScreenHunter_621 Mar. 15 16.55.jpg (277.32 KiB) Viewed 12857 times
Mnevis

Re: Keller News Panel Fix

Post by Mnevis »

Traderathome wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:56 pm
keller wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:22 pm I find a problem is the News Pannel cannot work. Becuase the address which configuratioin in the indicator is the url 'https://www.forexfactory.com/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml' cannot work. I analysis the source code of ff and find the new addresss 'https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml' can work. May be will replace the address.Thanks.

PVSRA v2 News Panel includes a section of External Inputs (Part_6) to select the address of the Forex Factory Calendar .xml file. Two past addresses are selectable via "true/false" input.
However this section of External Inputs also includes an input for the user to write in an address and the News Panel will default to using it. This is the last User External Input shown (see attached pic.). Insert https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml in the blank box. The News Panel will populate with this new address if neither of the two included address choices work.

We all owe Keller a big thanks and hug for being a participating member here, helping us out over a rough spot. Thank you, Keller, from me and from all of us. :clap:

Thanks Keller it works for me
eduferreyra14

Post by eduferreyra14 »

Hello PVSRA musketeers, I would like know how I atctivate the vlines of the tokyo and sydney sessions? (I did not find the option). I thank the attention. :?
Attachments
90.png
90.png (17.42 KiB) Viewed 12647 times
Traderathome

Re: Sydney, Tokyo vLines

Post by Traderathome »

eduferreyra14 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:46 pm Hello PVSRA musketeers, I would like know how I atctivate the vlines of the tokyo and sydney sessions? (I did not find the option). I thank the attention. :?
These vlines are not in PVSRA v2. They are included in PVSRA v3 and PVSRA Pro. Both of these projects are still in-work, but near completion.

quinntree

Mtf Bias indicator

Post by quinntree »

Traderathome wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:57 am

Hi Tah,
I was wondering where I might find the Mtf Bias indicator that is on your recent chart you posted in the trade section? Is that just a separate indicator you found or is it part of the better versions of the charts?

Thanks in advance for your time 😊

The PVSRA MTF MA Bias indicator is an experiment. it remains to be seen if it is effective enough to include. If it turns out that way, it will most likely become a label included in the PVSRA Trends Suite indicator......Pro or maybe v3 and Pro. This, and for various other considerations, is why the delay getting PVSRA v3 and PVSRA Pro to the Downloads rooms.
- Tah
Traderathome

Re: Market Money, Manipulations & Fundamentals

Post by Traderathome »

Another of the musings of an old-ager......

So long as there are multi-billion backed players, a multitude of Robber Bank instigated derivatives (equate that to multiple ways to manipulate prices that do not appear on "normal charting") and regulations designed and enforced (or not) to benefit the ultra-rich players, there will never be entropy. There will always be the nearly absolute control of pricing to benefit those that are controlling the pricing.

The markets today are not at all about intrinsic values. They are about gamblers willing to put their money into the game with risk, and those that actually have the ability to control prices to their advantage who, as I see it, have relegated fundamentals to the role of bait.

:D Tah
miketrades

Post by miketrades »

Something I might have discovered by accident ... I have different chart back ground color set in MT4.
Perhaps because of this the volume bars have a small back portion on top.

What is this suppose to be? As looking at all the charts shared in the group, I dont think you guys have it.
Could be function on back ground colors, but still... was interested in knowing if these small bars are suppose to mean something.
Screenshot 2021-04-24 101309.png
Screenshot 2021-04-24 101309.png (15.14 KiB) Viewed 12188 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

miketrades wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:44 pm Something I might have discovered by accident ... I have different chart back ground color set in MT4.
Perhaps because of this the volume bars have a small back portion on top.

What is this suppose to be? As looking at all the charts shared in the group, I dont think you guys have it.
Could be function on back ground colors, but still... was interested in knowing if these small bars are suppose to mean something.
Those bars are meaningless. They are just a charting artifact stemming from the code that allows user to adjust the percent of the volume window height that the volume bars top off at. That you see these bars is testimony you have not changed from one color to another in all the places you must......just another reason users should not tinker with our optimized template until they have thoroughly read, studied, thought about all the features of our indicators and know more about what they are doing. You have guessed correctly. This is about using the same chart background color in all the indicators that specify what the chart background color needs to be.