Re: Questions & Answers

Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Questions & Answers (zan)

Post by Traderathome »

zan wrote:Hi all.
just tried to open account with IC markets,no New Zealand clients allowed.bloody aussies.lol.ckecked it out because lmfx has been pissing me off all last week. :doh:
Hello zan,

Try being a USA resident. Their choice of brokers demands redefinition of "choice"! :)

Is the situation with LMFX something we should all be aware of? If there is something about the way they operate that is a serious negative, we should know. We can mention it to them. Not that it would cause them to do better, but we never can know for sure. We could at least try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Anyway, sorry to hear of your frustration. Patience is a virtue.....unless the bullet aimed at you has already left the barrel.
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Questions & Answers (zan)

Post by zan »

Traderathome wrote:
zan wrote:Hi all.
just tried to open account with IC markets,no New Zealand clients allowed.bloody aussies.lol.ckecked it out because lmfx has been pissing me off all last week. :doh:
Hello zan,

Try being a USA resident. Their choice of brokers demands redefinition of "choice"! :)

Is the situation with LMFX something we should all be aware of? If there is something about the way they operate that is a serious negative, we should know. We can mention it to them. Not that it would cause them to do better, but we never can know for sure. We could at least try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Anyway, sorry to hear of your frustration. Patience is a virtue.....unless the bullet aimed at you has already left the barrel.
Thanks Tah.
Their sorting the problem,for me was unable to get into my own accounts all last week,a little bit unsettling.They were as they said ( doing the best to resolve the problem).I have been with them for about 1 year now and had no complaints with them at all,so I guess thats a good run.will let you all know if I have any further issues that would be of concern. :)
xiaotiao89

Re: Missing Levels Lines.....REPLY

Post by xiaotiao89 »

Traderathome wrote:
xiaotiao89 wrote:
xiaotiao89 wrote:Hi guys,

Below I have attached two pictures, one was posted by mja and another one is mine. Is there any settings that I can change so the quarter level and whole level will show in my chart just like mja's? I have checked with the inputs of the indicator, I didnt see any settings that can solve this problem. I am wondering is it because of different decimals offered by my forex broker? I am using Instaforex.

Thanks,
XT89

Be sure you are using the current template/indicators in Download Room! And check the External Inputs to the Access Panel that the Levels lines are turned on. Please follow up and let us know you have resolved the problem. - Tah

Yes, Tah. I am using the latest template and indicators which were released on April 2018. I have tried loading black template but no level lines showed too.I have attached the pictures, please have a look.
I don't know what to make of this. Since you are the only one experiencing this problem, then maybe it is caused by the broker using different decimals (4-digits instead of the improved 5-digit?). I guess if the broker is still a 4-digit broker, they are raking in more profits from customer trading inasmuch as they price at the high of 4-digits to their customers and keep the actual difference between that price and the actual 5-digit market price. If your broker is a 4-digit broker, try to get with a different broker that is not! - Tah
This weird problem only occur in JPY pairs, I don't know why. Every JPY pairs have 2 decimals only but not 4 or 5. I have attached a comparison between EURUSD and JPY pairs.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (50.05 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
2.png
2.png (50.68 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
3.png
3.png (52.12 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
4.png
4.png (49.61 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
5.png
5.png (53.34 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
6.png
6.png (50.78 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
Traderathome

Re: Use "sentiment"?........REPLY

Post by Traderathome »

Zaifx wrote:Hi all

I would like to know if we can use sentiment to provide a clearer picture. As we believe that mm are moving price against sm and dm, sentiment can help us to determine where mm want price to be
And just where do you intend to get this sentiment from? -Tah
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by runner »

Traderathome wrote:

I would like to know if we can use sentiment to provide a clearer picture. As we believe that mm are moving price against sm and dm, sentiment can help us to determine where mm want price to be
Hellow brother & sister,

Since Zafix throw this topic on sentiment. But not coming back yet, I would like to hv opinion on sentiment and maybe feedbacks from TAH and all PVRSA bro & sis. Let say here the sentiment is news & headline.

I would like to know hows you guys view regarding to sentiment, news, and fundamental perspectives on how we give value on it. Do we have to stay away totally from all this considerably 'noises/distortions' or can we grind some value from it as part of model in our decision making process?

As we can see nowadays, Trump tweets for example is really acting as a wild card in moving the market. I would like to put example in this case, I remember the last time Powell testify on congress was keep his hawkish stance (at the begining of the week) abt the future of US economy and clearly signaling for gradual tightening plus he try to stay away from critizing tradewar policies of trump administration. USD was start bullish rally and my bias is long and start takin long entries on the side of USD. At friday Trump had interview on CNBC and start moaning that he dont like the fed tightening policy which make USD fly high which is bad in regard to China which try to retaliate and compensate their weak position on this tradewar by devaluating yuan (PBoC mostly set dialy reference for USDCNH higher)--> USD slump --> I quit my longs. It could be interpret as maybe MM's use this as excuse to put USD lower to kill weak hands USD long.. while still USD is considerably strong in fundamental. So for me this negative sentiment is good for taking profit and quit my longs (price actions was confirmed it too).. while waiting to start long (find long setup based on PVRSA clues) again later after this sentiment gone from USD (the next week) because fed is considerably pretty independent and wont let trump critics intervering their stance. The situation might be different if Xi or Endorgan saying something like this, PBoC (considerably not independent) and TCMB (Endorgan always behave to gain more control of monetary policies and anti-tightening).

Another example for this last two week, brexit no deal fear and uncertainty keep pushing GBP down, overshadowing BoE hike, by this we can be very carefull on not too averaging longs (if tryin to trade long), because Mrs. May administration keep tellin that no deal brexit is better than deal (no matter is a bluff or not, its still draggin GBP down), so positive sentiment for GBP is unlikely for me. This sentiment is actually good to hv short bias since reversal is unlikely for now (we can see on chart too that GBP downtrend is really strong), until we hv some positive news regarding to brexit.

Interpreting news, releases and fundamental also could lead us into bad trades since we might hv bad interpretation or judge it in wrong way. The same as we interpreting how MM's move the market next. It might be lagging to rely only on fundamental n sentiment, but for me its givin good general perspective on our bias, and of course using PVRSA clues for entries is great.

How brother & sister of PVRSA view on this? does this kinda news sentiment hv values or we need to dismiss it at all?
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

runner wrote:
Traderathome wrote:

Hellow brother & sister,

Since Zafix throw this topic on sentiment. But not coming back yet, I would like to hv opinion on sentiment and maybe feedbacks from TAH and all PVRSA bro & sis. Let say here the sentiment is news & headline.

I would like to know hows you guys view regarding to sentiment, news, and fundamental perspectives on how we give value on it. Do we have to stay away totally from all this considerably 'noises/distortions' or can we grind some value from it as part of model in our decision making process?

As we can see nowadays, Trump tweets for example is really acting as a wild card in moving the market. I would like to put example in this case, I remember the last time Powell testify on congress was keep his hawkish stance (at the begining of the week) abt the future of US economy and clearly signaling for gradual tightening plus he try to stay away from critizing tradewar policies of trump administration. USD was start bullish rally and my bias is long and start takin long entries on the side of USD. At friday Trump had interview on CNBC and start moaning that he dont like the fed tightening policy which make USD fly high which is bad in regard to China which try to retaliate and compensate their weak position on this tradewar by devaluating yuan (PBoC mostly set dialy reference for USDCNH higher)--> USD slump --> I quit my longs. It could be interpret as maybe MM's use this as excuse to put USD lower to kill weak hands USD long.. while still USD is considerably strong in fundamental. So for me this negative sentiment is good for taking profit and quit my longs (price actions was confirmed it too).. while waiting to start long (find long setup based on PVRSA clues) again later after this sentiment gone from USD (the next week) because fed is considerably pretty independent and wont let trump critics intervering their stance. The situation might be different if Xi or Endorgan saying something like this, PBoC (considerably not independent) and TCMB (Endorgan always behave to gain more control of monetary policies and anti-tightening).

Another example for this last two week, brexit no deal fear and uncertainty keep pushing GBP down, overshadowing BoE hike, by this we can be very carefull on not too averaging longs (if tryin to trade long), because Mrs. May administration keep tellin that no deal brexit is better than deal (no matter is a bluff or not, its still draggin GBP down), so positive sentiment for GBP is unlikely for me. This sentiment is actually good to hv short bias since reversal is unlikely for now (we can see on chart too that GBP downtrend is really strong), until we hv some positive news regarding to brexit.

Interpreting news, releases and fundamental also could lead us into bad trades since we might hv bad interpretation or judge it in wrong way. The same as we interpreting how MM's move the market next. It might be lagging to rely only on fundamental n sentiment, but for me its givin good general perspective on our bias, and of course using PVRSA clues for entries is great.

How brother & sister of PVRSA view on this? does this kinda news sentiment hv values or we need to dismiss it at all?
Hi, runner...and for all PVSRA Musketeers,

This is about how to use sentiment, right? I guess sentiment sources abound. But, let's take it from the top. Trump is a liar and the Robber Bank Market Makers are deceivers and thieves. And both Trump and the rest of them put out.....either overtly or covertly.....false information or a palatable spin on information, in an attempt to mislead people. Trump wants fame. The Robber Banks want power. They all want more millions and billions of other people's money.

One of the first things....when you hear, see or read something.....is you want to know if it is "true". Sometimes you cannot confirm. But, suppose you can. Next, you want to know which way it should affect the market. Sometimes you cannot decide. But, supppose you can. Next, you want to know what the deceiving and thieving MMs are going to do with market prices, regardless of which way the market should be affected. Sometimes you cannot confirm......

......OPs! Wait! WE CAN NEVER KNOW HOW THE MMs WILL MOVE PRICE NEXT! NEVER! EVER! So, what the hell good is ANY information, regardless of what it is, where it came from and whether it is true or not? Huh? Think about it. I did. A long time ago. And I found it is good for something.....line the bottom of your bird cage with it.

We have a trading method. It entails growing skill at PVSRA, expanding knowledge about HTMRW, and a setup that uses market momentum. We do not need to know why price is moving the way it is. It just is. And so anything and everything that might or might not have been heard, seen or read is totally irrelevant. Isn't it!

Well, each one here should decide for themselves, I guess.

:) Tah
badnyc

Post by badnyc »

Hello!

Is there going to be an Updated version to your PVSRA Templates and Indicators because I do not see the download section of this awesome site!

Thanks,
David
etradefx

Post by etradefx »

Hello,

I also still waiting for the PVSRA indicator to be download.

Thank you.

etradefx
market is moving
Traderathome

Re: Downloads Room Access

Post by Traderathome »

badnyc wrote:Hello!

Is there going to be an Updated version to your PVSRA Templates and Indicators because I do not see the download section of this awesome site!

Thanks,
David

Dear badnyc and etradefx,

You both have access to the Downloads Room now.

etradefx

Re: Downloads Room Access

Post by etradefx »

Traderathome wrote:
badnyc wrote:Hello!

Thanks,
David

Dear badnyc and etradefx,

You both have access to the Downloads Room now.

Tah, thank you very much. it's awesome. :dance:
market is moving
zan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by zan »

Hi all.
While in the process of opening a new trading account,bank wire.i am told this ... ( We would kindly ask that you do not state “Forex/Investment/Stock trade/Foreign exchange/Currency trading” or anything finance related in the Wire Transfer form, or else your funds might bounce back to your bank account.)

Whats the deal with this.LMFX..and Tradersway.both state the same,more or less. :?: Thanks .Zan.
fatgattor

Post by fatgattor »

Hi TAH and others,

Just wondering whether the PVSRA indicator will be available in MT5 platform later? As i've got the information from the founder of the broker (Mocaz) that in a couple years later, (maybe in another 2 years?) MT4 will be obsolete and all brokers will be offering MT5 only.
Traderathome

Re: PVSRA Template Conversion to MQL5

Post by Traderathome »

fatgattor wrote:Hi TAH and others,

Just wondering whether the PVSRA indicator will be available in MT5 platform later? As i've got the information from the founder of the broker (Mocaz) that in a couple years later, (maybe in another 2 years?) MT4 will be obsolete and all brokers will be offering MT5 only.
We would need an MQL5 coder to donate their time to convert our indicators. If you know of such a person, please have them contact me on this site.

:) -Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

News panel background color

Post by mja »

Dear Tah,
is there a way to change news panel background color ? I did not find this setting. In access panel there is separate color setting (named Panel background color) while in news panel indicator there is no such setting :think:

Rgds,
M

Answer: No. I will include it in next release. - Tah

Edit: Thank you
M
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Hi,
UCAD has traveled a long way up and today are some red releases. Just an idea that a dbl top is forming on UCAD. Its also on a high weekly pivot resistance level :think:
I guess the pair is to be observed.
Attachments
USDCADiM30.png
USDCADiM30.png (117.63 KiB) Viewed 9656 times
Traderathome

Re: USDCAD....Where Is It Going?

Post by Traderathome »

mja wrote:Hi,
UCAD has traveled a long way up and today are some red releases. Just an idea that a dbl top is forming on UCAD. Its also on a high weekly pivot resistance level :think:
I guess the pair is to be observed.
Yes, I would think this is getting set up for a bear swing. Just do not discount the possibility the MMs will first whip it up to that pivotal area (RDH on chart). It would be quite dumb of SM to NOT have placed short orders up there. It is not that far away, within the Day Range! And if they have.....and large enough to garner the MMs fat commissions.....the odds become greatly increased that the MMs will go for it.
Attachments
sept 003.png
sept 003.png (116.61 KiB) Viewed 9645 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: USDCAD....Where Is It Going?

Post by mja »

Traderathome wrote:
Yes, I would think this is getting set up for a bear swing. Just do not discount the possibility the MMs will first whip it up to that pivotal area (RDH on chart). It would be quite dumb of SM to NOT have placed short orders up there. It is not that far away, within the Day Range! And if they have.....and large enough to garner the MMs fat commissions.....the odds become greatly increased that the MMs will go for it.
Maybe the trade balance release will give opportunity to whip up to RDH and then bears...

BTW there's a nice NZDUSD setup with ranging below/on 1/2 level, stophunt and early longs. Recently I found weekly pivots levels helpful. Have you used them ?
NZDUSDM15.png
NZDUSDM15.png (120.88 KiB) Viewed 9635 times
Traderathome

Re: NZDUSD....Where Is It Going?

Post by Traderathome »

mja wrote:
Traderathome wrote:
Maybe the trade balance release will give opportunity to whip up to RDH and then bears...

BTW there's a nice NZDUSD setup with ranging below/on 1/2 level, stophunt and early longs. Recently I found weekly pivots levels helpful. Have you used them ?

NZDUSDM15.png
Advanced Access Panel (LE) has both Day and Week pivots and I might include the Week pivots in the next release of normal AP , but no.....I do not find them helpful beyond possibly explaining (after the fact) why PA ranges sometimes where it does. Also, they tend to align with Levels anyway. For me, the less distraction the better. Perhaps NU will get dropped back a bit in NYS for another long entry down in that ranging......
Attachments
sept 004.png
sept 004.png (87.54 KiB) Viewed 9616 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: NZDUSD....Where Is It Going?

Post by mja »

Traderathome wrote: I might include the Week pivots in the next release of normal AP
that would be great :D
Traderathome

Re: Thursday= Multiple High Impact Releases!

Post by Traderathome »

Be Cautious!

Today, Thursday, AUD (2 in AS), GBP (3 an hour before NYS open) and EUR (2 beginning 3/4 hour after GBP) …….all high impact releases!

And USD has two 1/2 hour after the NYS open.

Nine high impact releases! Enough said?
Attachments
ScreenHunter_173 Sep. 12 17.40.jpg
ScreenHunter_173 Sep. 12 17.40.jpg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 9523 times