Re: Questions & Answers

Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Indicator Issues on Mac....

Post by Traderathome »

trendsuite wrote:Good afternoon ericb1981, steyrn and TAH,

I am a new member and last week I down loaded the latest indicator package and hey presto I am having the same issue.

This is seeing the wrong inactive price displayed with a different fx pair.

Out of interest I am using a MacBook Air with "Play on Mac" with wineskin and still have this issue.
So just to try a different approach looking for a resolve I completely removed Pay on Mac package and loaded up a new mt4 terminal and then dropped this version of mt4 in to the applications folder.

Still no joy at all and incorrect price displayed on the associated fx pair.
Also I have noticed a default fx chart still won't load the first 3 indicators on to the chart.

Please could any on help please?

Best regards,

Nigel.
To All Having Mac Based Indicator Issues,

First, let me repeat that I have no knowledge of Mac, so I am not the one to delve into this very deeply. One suggestion is to be sure you are putting the indicators into the proper MQL4 Indicator folder and NOT the MQL5 folder! If you are absolutely sure you have our indicators in the proper Indicator folder, then the second suggestion I have is that you search Google for any information on this problem using such search keywords as "MT4 on Mac" or "MT4 Installed MQL4 Indicators do not function on MAC", etc. You get the idea. Surely, someone has run into this before and has the answer. Thirdly, if all of this brings no fruit, get yourselves a true Windows based computer for trading.

Whoever finds the solution, please post the solution here so all others can benefit.

Thank You,
- Tah
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Thank you TAH for your fast reply.

It is much appreciated and will continue to search for the answer we desperately seek.

If successful I will of course post the answer here.

Best regards,

Nigel.
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Update to loading the latest set of indicators.
For info Using MacBook Air.

Well after almost one week I still am not able to load the new set of indicators in to mt4, even after downloading the latest build version is of mt4 1064.

I have tried placing these in to the mq folder and also the indicator folder and have noted indicators 1, 2, and 3 refuse to load on the chart but I can load indicators 4, 5, and 6 from the latest build.

This I find rather odd!

Also I have noticed a set of PVSRA indicators (older previous version) load up with no problem.

This proves in my case I can get an old version of PVSRA to work but the latest version refuses to!

I will continue to look for a resolve and I need to sort this out.

Best regards,

Nigel.
fxmbs

Post by fxmbs »

trendsuite wrote:Update to loading the latest set of indicators.
For info Using MacBook Air.

Well after almost one week I still am not able to load the new set of indicators in to mt4, even after downloading the latest build version is of mt4 1064.

I have tried placing these in to the mq folder and also the indicator folder and have noted indicators 1, 2, and 3 refuse to load on the chart but I can load indicators 4, 5, and 6 from the latest build.

This I find rather odd!

Also I have noticed a set of PVSRA indicators (older previous version) load up with no problem.

This proves in my case I can get an old version of PVSRA to work but the latest version refuses to!

I will continue to look for a resolve and I need to sort this out.

Best regards,

Nigel.
Hi,

For starter I'm not a Mac user. But what I understand here is that 2 out of 3 of the indicators that can not be loaded uses system dependencies. The Access Panel uses the kernel32.exe and the News Panel uses the Wininet.dll Though both of these indicators calls the same functions as they did in the previous version..... :think:
But have You guys checked the Experts and Journal tabs int the terminal? After unsuccessful attempts of loading indicators there should be some error messages....maybe it can provide a starting point
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Hello fxmbs,

Thank you for your rely, it is appreciated.

No I haven't looked in to the experts or journal tabs with in mt4.

I will look in to this over the week end and let you know.

Best regards,

Nigel.
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Hello dxmbs,

Just tried your suggestion and unfortunately still no luck.

See attached images.

Thanks again,

Nigel
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 14.48.09.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 14.48.09.png (63.59 KiB) Viewed 6567 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 14.48.29.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 14.48.29.png (69.96 KiB) Viewed 6567 times
fxmbs

Post by fxmbs »

trendsuite wrote:Hello dxmbs,

Just tried your suggestion and unfortunately still no luck.

See attached images.

Thanks again,

Nigel
Well nothing to see there. But You should try the following:

Load one of the latest template like> # pvsra 05-01-2017 black .tpl
Now Ctrl+I to open the Indicators List, and delete every indicator. Save it as a new template ..something like blankblackpvsra ....

1. Close every chart in the terminal (if You have a Profile saved and You want to keep it intact, then switch to some other default Profile like Swiss Franc and use that one for testing)
2. Now Right Click on the Journal tab and select Clear. Do the same with the Experts tab
3. Now that everything is cleared open a New chart from the File menu. If You do not have some strange settings then both the Journal and Experts tab should remain empty after opening the new chart (from the logs it is obvious that I used an AUDCAD chart)
4. Now apply the previously saved template. You should have an empty and black chart..no bars, candlesticks ...nothing. The Expert and Journal still empty...Let the Experts tab to be the active one
5. Now just click on the Navigator (or Ctrl+N) and drop the 2) PVSRA Access Panel v1 (Black) indicator to the chart.
When the parameter windows of the indicator pops up, then You should see in the Experts tab the first row of information:
something like 2017.05.11 19:37:19.065 Custom indicator 2) PVSRA Access Panel v1 (Black) AUDCAD+,M15: loaded successfully
After OKing the parameter window of the indicator You should then have two rows in the Experts tab:
2017.05.11 19:37:21.165 2) PVSRA Access Panel v1 (Black) AUDCAD+,M15: initialized
2017.05.11 19:37:19.065 Custom indicator 2) PVSRA Access Panel v1 (Black) AUDCAD+,M15: loaded successfully

in the Journal tab only the first row:
2017.05.11 19:37:19.065 Custom indicator 2) PVSRA Access Panel v1 (Black) AUDCAD+,M15: loaded successfully

And if there where no problems, then You should have on the chart the logo, the access panel in the upper left corner and the SR number lines
RWH RDH RDL so on so fort...
Of course, if there where some errors then You should have something that mentions that, or at least a row like:
2017.05.11 19:42:39.556 Custom indicator 2) PVSRA Access Panel v1 (Black) AUDCAD+,H1: removed

Now You should repeat this with every indicator (there are 6 in total, 5 for the main window and the Volume Set for the Indicator window) and see which one falters. After one is loaded (or falter and not loaded) You should Ctrl+I and delete it, then clear both logs....then load the next one....
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Good morning,

just read your extensive reply and really am very grateful for all your help.

Having read your reply I am still not able to load the first 3 indicators this being 1, 2, and 3 :?:
Again the other indicators load just fine.

A new issue I have is that when I try to delete all script content in the terminal/journal and experts tab mt4 will not allow any deletion what so ever.
This may be a MacBook issue so I will read up more during today.

Obviously until I can find a work round these 2 tabs I am stuck with the rest of your excellent instructions.

All the best Nigel.
fxmbs

Post by fxmbs »

trendsuite wrote:Good morning,

just read your extensive reply and really am very grateful for all your help.

Having read your reply I am still not able to load the first 3 indicators this being 1, 2, and 3 :?:
Again the other indicators load just fine.

A new issue I have is that when I try to delete all script content in the terminal/journal and experts tab mt4 will not allow any deletion what so ever.
This may be a MacBook issue so I will read up more during today.

Obviously until I can find a work round these 2 tabs I am stuck with the rest of your excellent instructions.

All the best Nigel.
Hi Nigel,

When it doesn't let You to clear those logs...do You get some message or something?! If so, what is the message? If it doesn't pops up, then again look in the logs.
When You tried to load one of those 3 indicators, what message went in to the logs?! Those should be the last lines...You should provide these details, otherwise it is hard to imagine what is going on there...(right click on the message line and Copy..then paste it here)

Btw, have You installed the environment using this description?

Mac Install User Guide
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Hello,

Thanks for the continued help.

Nope, when I try to clear the logs I have not seen any message of any description.... nothing at all.

Please see attached the images, blank black template and the associated logs with in the terminal.

I have also used "play on mac" but alas the same error here too, unable to clear any logs.

I deleted the "Play on Mac" programme and reloaded a new version of mt4 straight in to the applications folder on my Mac.

Best regards,

Nigel.
Attachments
Black blank template.png
Black blank template.png (74.76 KiB) Viewed 6510 times
Black template expert log.png
Black template expert log.png (72.1 KiB) Viewed 6510 times
Black template journal.png
Black template journal.png (69.96 KiB) Viewed 6510 times
fxmbs

Post by fxmbs »

trendsuite wrote:Hello,

Thanks for the continued help.

Nope, when I try to clear the logs I have not seen any message of any description.... nothing at all.

Please see attached the images, blank black template and the associated logs with in the terminal.

I have also used "play on mac" but alas the same error here too, unable to clear any logs.

I deleted the "Play on Mac" programme and reloaded a new version of mt4 straight in to the applications folder on my Mac.

Best regards,

Nigel.
Well, like I said before, I don't know much about Mac, but as far the normal windows metatrader4 installation concern, the path from where it tries to load Your installation the indicators is Wrong. It might be OK on a Mac, though I seriously doubt it. There might be some user permission issues with that folder ..I don't know.
Therefore You should check where is the folder from where mt4 usually loads it's stuff (indicators, templates, experts, sets etc.). For this You should check in the menu of Metatrader, File - Open Data Folder. And the file browser will open the folder. Now that is the folder I'm talking about....something like this:

C:\Users\HereisYourUsernameOrWhatever\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D81E072DB9621151A9FD4E070F3A2294

here is the Templates folder where You should save the new templates

and the MQL4\Indicators folder where the indicators should go, or MQL4\Experts for experts if You use any

Copy the files (those downloaded, not those from the program files directory...like I said those files now might have permission issues..delete them) in the appropriate directories and see the result...
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Good evening,

Thanks for your reply.

Bearing in mind the information you kindly gave I am going to try a new approach.

Over the week end I am going to delete anything and everything to do with mt4, this is i decided to do as there could be some redundant files in the wrong places.

I will let you know how is goes on Sunday evening.

Have a great week end :)

Nigel.
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Good afternoon,

In my frustration to load up the latest version of indicators kindly donated by TAH and the team in to my Macbook Air I now am pleased to report what appears to be a success. thanks also to fxmbs for the good advise and help too.

How did I do it... ?

The main thing was to upload XQuartz and after doing so all seemed to fall in to place :roll:

Please also see the attached screen shots and hopefully this will help other people too on Macs'

Please also note I deleted all mt4 files prior to uploading XQuartz, then installation was as per normal.
Also note I am not using "Play on mac" either.

If I can help any one else at all please post your questions.

Best regards,

Nigel.
Attachments
XQuartz.png
XQuartz.png (12.26 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
Application content.png
Application content.png (52.39 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
Applications MQ4.png
Applications MQ4.png (79.01 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
PVSRA indicators folder.png
PVSRA indicators folder.png (150.37 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
Mac applications.png
Mac applications.png (39.25 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
Mac applicationcontent.png
Mac applicationcontent.png (39.78 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
mt4 chart.png
mt4 chart.png (77.78 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

trendsuite wrote:Good afternoon,

In my frustration to load up the latest version of indicators kindly donated by TAH and the team in to my Macbook Air I now am pleased to report what appears to be a success. thanks also to fxmbs for the good advise and help too.

How did I do it... ?

The main thing was to upload XQuartz and after doing so all seemed to fall in to place :roll:

Please also see the attached screen shots and hopefully this will help other people too on Macs'

Please also note I deleted all mt4 files prior to uploading XQuartz, then installation was as per normal.
Also note I am not using "Play on mac" either.

If I can help any one else at all please post your questions.

Best regards,

Nigel.
Dear Nigel and fxmbs,

Congratulations to you both for finding and showing this problem resolution. Nigel, you will notice on your posted chart that in the AP the current Bid price fractional pip is too far to the right. Go to the AP External Inputs, Part 2, next to last item. There you can enter a + or a - number to shift this fractional pip to the right or to the left, and resave your template once you are satisfied with the placement. That Bid price is situated a bit too far to the right. Probably another issue with Mac, like it is not recognizing the proper font style to use. But this is much, much better now. You can compare your chart to the one I posted below it.

- Tah :clap:
Attachments
USDJPY 05-14-2017.png
USDJPY 05-14-2017.png (77.78 KiB) Viewed 6460 times
USDJPY (compare) 05-14-2017.png
USDJPY (compare) 05-14-2017.png (96.58 KiB) Viewed 6452 times
trendsuite

Re: Question, Answer, Comment, Open Forum

Post by trendsuite »

Good evening TAH,

Thank you for your message.

As advised I have just updated the settings on indicator 2 and must say it looks a lot better!
Please see attached chart for info.

Must say the new chart and indicators greatly enhance over the previous ones.

Please also give me a little time before I post any trades as I have lots to learn!

Best regards,

Nigel.
Attachments
New chart.png
New chart.png (72.04 KiB) Viewed 6452 times
keiskar1

Post by keiskar1 »

Dear TAH,
Question:
This question is bugging me since I moved to PVSRA,
Before I was traded market with Order flow with GOMI volume ladder,
How we can find Iceberg orders which is another form of High volume position
building done without any trace or notable change in Volume?
Everything is excess unless objective gets done
Traderathome

Re: Iceberg Orders

Post by Traderathome »

keiskar1 wrote:Dear TAH,
Question:
This question is bugging me since I moved to PVSRA,
Before I was traded market with Order flow with GOMI volume ladder,
How we can find Iceberg orders which is another form of High volume position
building done without any trace or notable change in Volume?
Iceberg Orders

Orders that are called "iceberg" orders are orders that are largely undisclosed, unavailable for anyone to see and know about except for the MMs themselves. Ice bergs float such that only about 11% of the total size of the ice berg can be seen above water. The vast bulk of the ice berg mass.....about 89% of it.....is hidden beneath the surface of the ocean. It is this "hidden" characteristic of certain massive orders....orders known only by the outfits that submit them to the MMs, and the MMs themselves, that is responsible for the orders being called iceberg orders. These are not orders that will appear in their full size in any "list" that brokers will make available to retail traders! The whole idea of them being iceberg orders is that they will be kept secret, filled by the MMs "along the way" as the MMs manipulate price to fill all SM orders.

The presumption is that when the MMs are filling iceberg orders the price will be sort of flat at the top if the MMs are filling an iceberg order shorting an instrument, which keeps the price from moving higher until the MMs stop filling the iceberg order....either because they are done with filling it, or because they are going to spread out the filling process over multiple attempts separated by time. Similarly, the filling of an iceberg long order will keep the bottom of price action relatively flat because the filling of longs keeps the price from going lower while the filling is underway.

So, there has also been the presumption that we should be able to see these flat tops/bottom and reasonably presume the MMs are filling a large "secret" order. And there has been the presumption that we can reasonably take this as a clue as to how we should be trading also.

Well, that was fine 10 years ago.....20 years ago, etc. But nowadays the MMs have much greater capacity to KEEP secret their filling of such orders. They can even keep the filling of the orders completely off of any real time volume/order filling displays made available to the public at large. And, they have such a capacity to manipulate price that they can keep price moving up and down such that "table tops" (and similarly at the bottom) never appear even if they were showing their complete order filling to the public!

Finally, about the presumption that we should seek out the filling of these orders so as to take them as a clue for our own trading.......WASTE OF TIME! The MMs can easily move price 50-150-etc. pips further, and do so to accommodate other orders, even opposite side orders! So, just because the xyz firm has a 10 zillion dollar iceberg short order getting filled does not mean the price isn't then going 300 pips further up before it goes much, much lower!

:) Tah
Traderathome

Re: Real-Time Trading Room

Post by Traderathome »

Real Time Trading Room.....

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I would like to know how you all feel about adding a "Real Time" Trading Room to this site.

Our current Trading Room is dominated with posts of completed trades. This is great. It serves by ongoing demonstration to further the education and encouragement of all. Now, if we add a room where trades "in progress" are posted, it could further help. Of course, we are human. We make mistakes. Posting such trades brings with it the risk of being wrong, of showing our mistakes, and of course.....taking with us those others that joined in without due diligence of their own.

Members would have to be individually approved by Administration to view and participate in such a room, based on the individual's overall site participation. This is so those that are active here....benefitting themselves and others, get the rewards this room could offer. And it precludes becoming a "free signals service" to others.

So, what do you all think? Please feel free to post your feelings, ideas, comments.

Sincerely,
fxmbs

Post by fxmbs »

Traderathome wrote:Real Time Trading Room.....

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I would like to know how you all feel about adding a "Real Time" Trading Room to this site.

Our current Trading Room is dominated with posts of completed trades. This is great. It serves by ongoing demonstration to further the education and encouragement of all. Now, if we add a room where trades "in progress" are posted, it could further help. Of course, we are human. We make mistakes. Posting such trades brings with it the risk of being wrong, of showing our mistakes, and of course.....taking with us those others that joined in without due diligence of their own.

Members would have to be individually approved by Administration to view and participate in such a room, based on the individual's overall site participation. This is so those that are active here....benefitting themselves and others, get the rewards this room could offer. And it precludes becoming a "free signals service" to others.

So, what do you all think? Please feel free to post your feelings, ideas, comments.

Sincerely,
Dear Tah,

Thank You for your continuous effort to make this site as consistent, trader friendly and above all clean and free from all the defilement that invades all the related forums out there. To achieve this squareness and wholehearted approach is needed.

The Real Time trading room...another really great idea!
I see the benefits of it rather then the potential disadvantages. There might be some danger for those who show proneness to jump in to trades without analyzing their possibilities to take the trade, and above all to not understand the underlying structure of the analysis which have resulted in taking that trade.
One can not be responsible for the actions of others. But on the other hand I think that a "live" room might help many of us to:
- get confidence in the analysis that we make..and as a result pull the trigger.... or not
- if there is a need to manage a trade after it was open....this is the best way to acquire the knowledge to handle such situation
- there is no better way to thoughtfully learn, than when one can not see the outcome! For example when I read the trades and watch the charts posted on site, I mask the part of the chart where the "future" (which in the mean time became past....) is. But of course it helps a bit but not much...You are already aware of the outcome of that trade...and everything seems so "obvious", those preventing to properly absorb the essence of the analysis.
- an other aspect is about missing an opportunity....no, do not get me wrong...I'm not talking about jumping in to trades, but rather just missing an opportunity because one is busy analyzing..another pair. I think it is happened once in a while to any of us....so, the room could represent an edge in this hard environment in which we are trying to make a living...
- to learn patience and discipline! Rinse and Repeat

As a starter this are just a few consideration ....I'm positive that there many more!
Therefore if my humble presence and contribution entitles me to express an opinion, that would represent my whole support for creating the live room.
khit100

Post by khit100 »

Traderathome wrote:Real Time Trading Room.....

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

Sincerely,

good for me, I'm so tired of this forex, but I can't quit.
I have a dream, one day I can move the market price where I want to be. :lol: :lol: :lol: beware! MMs and Market price. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd like to change the world. But GOD didn't give me the source code! :lol: :lol: :lol: