Re: Questions & Answers

Sinth

Re: Real-Time Trading Room

Post by Sinth »

Traderathome wrote:Real Time Trading Room.....

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I would like to know how you all feel about adding a "Real Time" Trading Room to this site.

Our current Trading Room is dominated with posts of completed trades. This is great. It serves by ongoing demonstration to further the education and encouragement of all. Now, if we add a room where trades "in progress" are posted, it could further help. Of course, we are human. We make mistakes. Posting such trades brings with it the risk of being wrong, of showing our mistakes, and of course.....taking with us those others that joined in without due diligence of their own.

Members would have to be individually approved by Administration to view and participate in such a room, based on the individual's overall site participation. This is so those that are active here....benefitting themselves and others, get the rewards this room could offer. And it precludes becoming a "free signals service" to others.

So, what do you all think? Please feel free to post your feelings, ideas, comments.

Sincerely,
:) Tah
Sounds like a great idea. Considering the fact that it would only be available to people who are active and not to everyone would mean that those approved take participation in the room seriously and worked for that privilege. One of the downsides I can think of is reduction of activity in the trading room. This is fixable with minor additional work. If one posts their live trade with explanation early enough that it can be considered a signal he/she should not post it to the non-live trading room. Once the trade is completed, the author of the trade can write the time and price level on which the trade was closed. Hence no need to make a new screenshot with the same explanation.

Our Trade Levels indicator will show the trade anytime afterwards. it is set by default to show a completed trade for another hour, but that can be adjusted via the External Input for this so that it shows for however many hours you wish. Therefore, a completed trade chart can be annotated and posted anytime without having to manually mark the trade close information on the chart. You have not read the PDF,....you have not done your HOMEWORK! :naughty:

I may have explained myself incorrectly, or it may be that I'm missing something very obvious because I have a fever. What you said would require an additional screenshot, writing the explanation for the trade again , blurring things out if necessary, etc. Making one screenshot for the LIVE trading room with an uncomplete trade and another one for NON-LIVE trading room with a complete trade would be like you said ''somebody's extra work''. I don't want the NON-LIVE trading room to lose its thrust either, so minimizing the additional work needed to post in both rooms is in my opinion crucial. By using the same screenshot in both rooms, everyone gets to follow your work while you don't need to spend extra time making new screenshots. Yes it would reduce the comfort of seeing the entry and closing point but are we doing this for comfort? It's just an idea, I'll gladly listen to what you think about it.

TAH I have been following your work here and on FF with great interest and I have read all the PDFs available. Rereading my post, I see why you assumed I have not done my homework.
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Is Your Chart Messed Up?

Post by Traderathome »

Is Your Chart Messed Up?

If your chart has a messed up Access Panel (as in attached picture) and therefore you do not like to show it on your posted charts as required, or a messed up open trade PL label (as in attached picture), or even messed up columns of the open trades data (as in attached picture),....if your chart is messed up as these samples attached, here is the reason:

You have your Windows Viewer set to greater than 100%, or you have a "4K" HD monitor and have not reduced the Viewer %......!

And, it would be very nice if you would correct these issues, at least for your posted charts! So you can show the Access Panel and all else, nice and pretty!

....Thank you. [/color] :) Tah
Attachments
messed up graphics pic.jpg
messed up graphics pic.jpg (398.9 KiB) Viewed 6313 times
messed up graphics pic 2.jpg.png
messed up graphics pic 2.jpg.png (84.4 KiB) Viewed 6311 times
messed up graphics pic 3.jpg.png
messed up graphics pic 3.jpg.png (87.74 KiB) Viewed 6311 times
chagu

Post by chagu »

hey when I load PVSRA tpl in my JPY pairs it doesn't show whole and half level as it supposed to be. (Ex- In GBPJPY half level is 145 and whole level is 150 is this correct)
I have read the user notes and adjusted whole levels from access panel . but it does not seems right . has anybody experienced this kind of problem or am I being stupid . please need help with this. my broker is 5 digit

We need to see a good picture, not just words. So post a chart picture that shows what you are talking about. Also, show us the Access Panel Part_1 settings for the chart. There is nothing wrong with the indicator. No one else has ever had this problem. -Tah
chagu

Post by chagu »

chagu wrote:hey when I load PVSRA tpl in my JPY pairs it doesn't show whole and half level as it supposed to be. (Ex- In GBPJPY half level is 145 and whole level is 150 is this correct)
I have read the user notes and adjusted whole levels from access panel . but it does not seems right . has anybody experienced this kind of problem or am I being stupid . please need help with this. my broker is 5 digit

We need to see a good picture, not just words. So post a chart picture that shows what you are talking about. Also, show us the Access Panel Part_1 settings for the chart. There is nothing wrong with the indicator. No one else has ever had this problem. -Tah

hey I tried on different broker . now it's working . I know there is nothing wrong with the indicator . I will post my charts , sorry if I offended you somehow .feels like I did that. I'm studying like crazy PVSRA

Thank you for posting the outcome. No offense taken. It is just very difficult to help solve problems with eyes blind. You might edit post to reveal the substandard broker, a possible help to others in the future as they read thru the site. :) Tah
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

Can some one help me out ???
Where to find Download indicator and template.

thx

Administrators provide newly registered members with access to the Downloads Room once they have properly registered per Registration Instructions. Otherwise, the registration is soon deleted. Please read note attached to your Introduction Post. -Tah
Traderathome

Re: New and Wondering What to Do

Post by Traderathome »

New and Wondering What to Do

I received this PM and decided to answer it here because many might be in this quandary.....

Hello there,

I'm new to this forum and this system (I heard about it in forex factory, and saw there's a thread about it but is not active anymore and that comes before another thread because people is very experienced from the very first posts).

I would like to start from zero with this system -no shortcuts- and understand everything well, and I realised (after studying the orientation room and everything of course) that I can't understand many of the posts in both the trading room and the forex factory thread.

My question is, am I missing something else or is it normal and the intended way to start? Would you suggest me to keep digging in the trading room until I start to understand or is it better to read the thread first? I asked another member after registering and downloading the PDF, but I got no answer and I really am eager to start properly.

Also, I understand you suggest newbies to use TVT20 version, right?

Thank you in advance and I hope not to bother you with my questions, I really want to start my homework!

Okay, here we go. One of the first things stated about PVSRA in the Orientation Room is that becoming proficient with it is like being a child learning to do jigsaw puzzles. This task is fraught with lots of early failures, confusion, frustration....enough to make some children decide they don't like doing jigsaw puzzles (quit). But those that persevere, take up the challenge, force something to happen in their brain. The result is the PROCESS of developing a new skill, a skill that improves over time. And such children go on to doing more and more difficult jigsaw puzzles in shorter and shorter time! We are talking about the need for perseverance and dedication.

Another thing worth knowing is that as you go along this path, when after some time you might well decide to reread everything in the Orientation Room, you will discover you learn even more! This is because.....if you do not read just once and start trading recklessly and blow yourself out of the water.....you will begin to experience learning HTMRW, a protracted experience but one that will bring new meaning to all those words you initially encountered in the Orientation Room.

And there is this, too. The posted trades here will make more sense to you after you have spent time of dedication at this.

Finally (but not necessarily the last of points that could be made), sometimes folks have problems getting settled down into a new method because of something that would cause the same problem for them with lots of methods. They have this belief there should be some consistency in the market. After all, the premise regarding any method is that the trader waits for PA to achieve something and then opens a trade because probability favors PA then presenting a decent move that the trader could profit from. And so, when real trading starts, all the things the MMs do to "deceive & thieve"....and confuse....take their toll on folks, to the point when the method setup comes, these folks either miss it completely, or distrust it. How many times can you look back on the charts and simply wonder...."Why in hell did I not SEE that?"

So, the key here is to "survive" while you learn. Mommy and Daddy are not around to feed, clothe and shelter you while you do your jigsaw puzzles. This is the real world and learning things take time and dedication. You must SURVIVE to LEARN! We give you TVT20 FIFO to help you survive. Now the keys are to have the patience to wait for a proper setup, to trade very light relative to your account size when a setup is in place, and to manage each and every trade to keep your losses small. And even getting good at these three things will take time and dedication.

Patience and PVSRA,
gargindia

Full and half level are not displaying

Post by gargindia »

as seen in pic of USD JPY 15M, Full and half levels are not displayed, this problem happens in "" 2 DECIMAL "" instruments only, with 4 decimal instrument levels works fine.
how i can fix this issue??? help please
thanks

sorry i do not found way to upload pic
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

finally found the way to upload file.
this pis is for above issue.
in 2 Decimal instrument half and full level line doesn't appear
in 4 Decimal instrument half and full level line appears fine
Attachments
USDJPYM15.png
USDJPYM15.png (52.68 KiB) Viewed 6142 times
AUDCADM15.png
AUDCADM15.png (65.24 KiB) Viewed 6142 times
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

gargindia wrote:finally found the way to upload file.
I think you need to identify for us the broker you are having problems with. It is not our indicators, which have worked fine for years, both before and after MetaQuotes released Build 600. The only fix I know of is for you to give us the brokers name so we can download a demo MT4 and check it out on our end.

-Tah
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

Traderathome wrote:
I think you need to identify for us the broker you are having problems with. It is not our indicators, which have worked fine for years, both before and after MetaQuotes released Build 600. The only fix I know of is for you to give us the brokers name so we can download a demo MT4 and check it out on our end.

-Tah
Dear Tah
thanks for reply
the broker is Fibogroup, here is the link http://www.fibogroup.com

By the way, what operating system are you using? Windows 10? Something different? Some different have been the cause of such weird problems, which we can do nothing about. - Tah
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

gargindia wrote:
Traderathome wrote:

-Tah
Dear Tah
thanks for reply
the broker is Fibogroup, here is the link http://www.fibogroup.com

By the way, what operating system are you using? Windows 10? Something different? Some different have been the cause of such weird problems, which we can do nothing about. - Tah
ya, i am using " Windows 10 "
thanks

So, is all okay now that you have live data feed? And try without all the extra indys you put on our template! If still not ok, then post new picture here showing the problem. -Tah
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

Resp. Prof. Tah
ya i have live feed
thanks
I have no explanation for the absence of a Levels line when other Levels lines are being displayed. Might be your broker and might be your External Inputs setting for Levels. You might open Access Panel External Inputs and check the chart TFs each Level is set to display. That, and you might try downloading MT4 from another broker and see what you get. And inform here of what you find. As I said, the Levels function in the Access Panel is tried and true coding...for years now! - Tah
Attachments
FIBO Group.png
FIBO Group.png (74.66 KiB) Viewed 6057 times
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

Resp. Prof.

i have no doubt about your indicators sir, i am just wondering that what am i missing ??
i tried with "GCI" account,but i found same situation. pic is attached.
thanks for your support.

any recommendation. Which broker's demo account do i need to use?? to resolve the issue.
thanks
GCI MT4.png
GCI MT4.png (73.69 KiB) Viewed 6045 times
First of all, what were the Access Panel inputs for Levels? You did not state what you found. And why are you asking about brokers? Why not either of the two brokers in our Topic: "PVSRA Recommended Broker"? Or is that yet another bit of homework you have not accomplished? Open your External Inputs as shown below and take two screenshots of the chart as shown below. One with the External Inputs showing the TF settings for Levels and the other scrolled down so I can see what color the Half Level is set at. What is the problem? I do not know. But I do know you have failed to do a decent job of your HOMEWORK. I can tell that from a number of things here, including the fact that you are not even using the proper MT4 choice for when taking a chart picture. There are many things provided on this site that have taken folks a lot of time and work to prepare and provide. And instructions are included in that. And it seems you have decided to skip over doing your HOMEWORK, which includes reading and following instructions.....all of them. Will it help with this particular situation. Might be. I don't know what you have done, but I can see evidence there is probably a lot you have not done. And maybe the solution is in there somewhere. And if you are using the same file you downloaded from here to install into these brokers, then there is the chance the download file is corrupt. You might try downloading again and using the new download for installing into MT4. -Tah :think:
Attachments
ScreenHunter_126 Aug. 02 02.22.jpg
ScreenHunter_126 Aug. 02 02.22.jpg (291.52 KiB) Viewed 6036 times
ScreenHunter_127 Aug. 02 02.26.jpg
ScreenHunter_127 Aug. 02 02.26.jpg (283.06 KiB) Viewed 6035 times
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

Resp, Prof.

Thanks for your time and support.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

fmtabbara wrote:I have a question about what kind of account to use and also which are good brokers?

I've always used a spread bet account with IG. I recently left them and have set up a demo forex account with Avatrade with a view to using their live platform once I feel confident.

So my questions are -

1. Is a spread bet account OK to use for Forex Trading? Or should I be looking at using another type of account?

2. Which brokers would you recommend for Forex trading or even trading in general?

Thanks!

Fouad
I've used to use Avatrade few years ago. They are terrible at news! They freeze their platform for long long minutes at news! Impossible to trade with them!
I left them very quickly, probably the quickest then any other bad broker I've used in the past!
Not to mention they didn't offer MT4 platform back then. Don't know if they have changed that now.

You have this issue covered in the "Recommended Broker" section here at the site. Please read . All the posts at the site not only one section. Stay informed or you are doomed in this bussines.
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
runner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by runner »

Dear Friends,

News Panel Impact (low, high) color not appear. How to fix it? thanks. Its all grey in all currency.
11.jpg
11.jpg (267.01 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
Yes, it is all gray now. This started last Thursday with just some events grayed out. By the open of the LS on Friday it had all become grayed out. This is due to the knuckleheads over at Forex Factory doing a slovenly job putting out their weekly .xml file for the Calendar. Used to be they had few errors and corrected them if discovered. This seems to have changed, and that they just don't give a damn that many of their own members use various indicators and Expert Advisors that rely on a competent .xml file. All we can believe at this point is the worker bees are either stupid or poorly trained, and their managers don't really care......until Twee finds out, recognizes the negative impact on his members and his own reputation, and fires the lot of them! I know what they did differently in their .xml file, but I am not going to say anything about it to help them. They make enough money over there that there is no excuse for this shoddy work. Let them correct it by themselves. A lot of folks are going to have to be patient and wait until they get the lead out of their asses and go back to doing their jobs far better than this. - Tah :)
"Always put small coin into the slot machine"
Traderathome

Re: Fiasco at FF Finished!

Post by Traderathome »

runner wrote:Dear Friends,

News Panel Impact (low, high) color not appear. How to fix it? thanks. Its all grey in all currency.

Yes, it is all gray now. This started last Thursday with just some events grayed out. By the open of the LS on Friday it had all become grayed out. This is due to the knuckleheads over at Forex Factory doing a slovenly job putting out their weekly .xml file for the Calendar. Used to be they had few errors and corrected them if discovered. This seems to have changed, and that they just don't give a damn that many of their own members use various indicators and Expert Advisors that rely on a competent .xml file. All we can believe at this point is the worker bees are either stupid or poorly trained, and their managers don't really care......until Twee finds out, recognizes the negative impact on his members and his own reputation, and fires the lot of them! I know what they did differently in their .xml file, but I am not going to say anything about it to help them. They make enough money over there that there is no excuse for this shoddy work. Let them correct it by themselves. A lot of folks are going to have to be patient and wait until they get the lead out of their asses and go back to doing their jobs far better than this. - Tah :)
.xml result.jpg
.xml result.jpg (267.01 KiB) Viewed 6212 times

UPDATE.......

What FF did to its .xml file has probably been done for the sake of ease and convenience. The change probably will not be reversed. While it might mean less input errors preparing the .xml for each week, it does not excuse the obvious total lack of concern for FF member traders that rely on the .xml file, even to the point of actively trading with EAs that rely on the .xml file! This is all about ease and convenience at FF, so more work can be done by the worker bees for less drain off the profits for the one at the top. Concern for FF member traders? Nope,....no advance announcement....no warning....nothing to prepare them! Tough luck for them! And the more they click around trying to solve their problems now, the more FF can charge those paying advertisers! :dance:

This is a demonstration that for the one at the top, greed for money is most important.....that there is little concern for active member traders. Whatever can be done for the convenience of increasing profits will get done. And if the impolite and disrespectful manner in which it is done causes any inconvenience to, and costs for, actively trading members....tough shit! :violin:

Terminal Update! :lol:
As you can see from this chart picture, patience is its own reward, in all things. The worker bees over at FF (those still with jobs) are probably busy now cleaning the shit off the fans!) :laughing-rolling:
Attachments
aug-018.png
aug-018.png (76.08 KiB) Viewed 6212 times
Fisher755

Re: Fiasco at FF Finished!

Post by Fisher755 »

Traderathome wrote:
runner wrote:Dear Friends,

They make enough money over there that there is no excuse for this shoddy work. Let them correct it by themselves. A lot of folks are going to have to be patient and wait until they get the lead out of their asses and go back to doing their jobs far better than this. - Tah :)
This is a demonstration that for the one at the top, greed for money is most important.....that there is little concern for active member traders. Whatever can be done for the convenience of increasing profits will get done. And if the impolite and disrespectful manner in which it is done causes any inconvenience to, and costs for, actively trading members....tough shit! :violin:[/highlight]

:laughing-rolling:
Maybe on Calendar front, but obviously not on other fronts! They promise email responce in 48 hours which did not happen in my case. Had to send request again today after 5 days waiting... :doh:
Let's see if this time someone will move.. :o
Attachments
ScreenHunter_426 Aug. 16 12.44.jpg
ScreenHunter_426 Aug. 16 12.44.jpg (142.19 KiB) Viewed 6142 times
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

looking answer about volume shown in pic
thx
Attachments
EURUSDDaily.png
EURUSDDaily.png (51.77 KiB) Viewed 6059 times
EURUSDM15.png
EURUSDM15.png (56.6 KiB) Viewed 6059 times
gargindia

Post by gargindia »

question about volume reading
thx

Geez, you want elaboration on volume on a friggin' DAY chart!? Well, ok.....you asked for it. If you are a detective tracking someone and do a search of their credit card transactions to see where they are and what they might be up to, do you do the search for the current week, or do you do a search for a week a couple of months ago! :o Near term PVSRA (M1-H1) is far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far .......FAR more relevant than historic day chart volume! -Tah
EURUSDDaily.png
EURUSDDaily.png (51.77 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
Okay, so now you have changed down to M15 chart and are still inquiring......As for the bar heights, they are what they are, PVA colored or not. A bar gets PVA colored if it is significant RELATIVE TO RECENT BARS! -Tah
EURUSDM15.png
EURUSDM15.png (56.6 KiB) Viewed 6075 times