Re: Questions & Answers

V1KT0RY

Re: TVT20 (MOL) FIFO

Post by V1KT0RY »

Traderathome wrote:Again, what does it matter what I think? Everyone can trade however they like. We have our strategy here, but that does not mean it is the only way to trade. I am sure many of us here do drop to lower TF M5, and even M1 sometimes, seeking early confirmation for anticipated EP. - Tah
I'm asking you, because you already are a profitable trader with much more knowledge, technique and experience than me...
:idea: So maybe my question should be something like:
With today's lower volatility/ATR-ADR, do you still find the TVT20 (MOL) FIFO "targets", as reachable/profitable as before, compared to smaller take-profits?

There won't ever be a year without times of low volatility, whether it is caused by an asshole of a President of the USA, such as we currently have, or some "world-wide concerns" caused by something else, or a Black Swann event, …….or whatever! There will be times of greater distance runs, moderate distance runs and only mediocre distance runs. Get used to it! We've been in a period of lower volatility now for almost half a year, but it will change. As the saying goes, "Trade what the market gives." Our setup can be found on any TF chart. Want to trade M5 or M1.....scalping......go ahead. What difference does it make except for less time in trades and less pips made? - Tah
V1KT0RY

Re: TVT20 (MOL) FIFO

Post by V1KT0RY »

Traderathome wrote:There won't ever be a year without times of low volatility, whether it is caused by an asshole of a President of the USA, such as we currently have, or some "world-wide concerns" caused by something else, or a Black Swann event, …….or whatever! There will be times of greater distance runs, moderate distance runs and only mediocre distance runs. Get used to it! We've been in a period of lower volatility now for almost half a year, but it will change. As the saying goes, "Trade what the market gives." Our setup can be found on any TF chart. Want to trade M5 or M1.....scalping......go ahead. What difference does it make except for less time in trades and less pips made? - Tah
Dear Tah,

Thank you very much for your wise answers... :geek:
I'm just trying to find and understand the best possible framework for your strategy in current market conditions. So if you say the PVSRA-TVT20 (MOL) FIFO setup properly applies to all TFs (as we know financial markets price/time is fractal), then I'm more than happy to try it for M5-M1 instead of M15.

* Oh, and I'm wondering why you reply inside my posts, hehe :shifty:

- V1KT0RY
Duong Van Dong

Post by Duong Van Dong »

Sorry everyone because I may not know how to present a problem. I encountered this difference, I still have not found a way to fix it, please help me. This only happens on XAUUSD. Thank you!
Compare photos 2015 version
XAUUSDM15 2015.png
XAUUSDM15 2015.png (41.54 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
XAUUSDM15.png
XAUUSDM15.png (65.05 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
Read User Notes for Access Panel in Downloads Room . Use "Decr_Incr_Levels_Spacing" to adjust spacing between Levels when desired (Ref: XAUUSD). -Tah
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Registration Deleted?

Post by Traderathome »

To Whom It May Concern, What Kind of Person Are You?

In the past two months there has been an influx of registrants, most of them demonstrating their skill at not reading or following the Registration Instructions. Their registration was deleted. Most tried again, as is permitted. Many of them again demonstrating their skill at not reading or following Registration Instructions, and they were deleted again. And this continues to go on and on.....

This site costs money to run! But we provide everything at no cost to members and do not have advertisements! So, I would think anyone coming here, especially if they already spent money on "courses", would be appreciative and considerate, and do what we ask of them in our "Please Read and Follow Registration Instructions", clearly located at the top of this site. Wouldn't you agree?

The last several months of registrants have been reviewed. All registrants that inadvertently or intentionally advertised for someone or something during their registration process have had that reference deleted from their Introduction Post, or have had their registration deleted. Because it is possible someone was deleted mistakenly, anyone deleted can re-register. But heed this warning: make no reference that is an advertisement. Nothing else anywhere is TOTALLY FREE to all traders and has the value to them this site has!

Some might come here with wonderful words under false pretenses, just to get our free template/indicators...the best in the world!... without any regard to staying here, growing here, contributing back here. This is disappointing. Especially if they paid elsewhere and were instructed to do this. What do we gain by giving you everything we have at no cost to you? NOTHING! If you pay elsewhere and come here for the real value you'll be mimicking a greedy, opportunistic lifestyle of someone else. That is sad.

Just look around you! Nowhere else is so much of value provided free to you by wonderful folks thru their good will, tons of time and lots of sweat over the years! You can pay elsewhere and grab and run here. Or you can stay, grow, and give something back for all you'll receive,.....better than for what you paid! We ask nothing of you but that you stay, learn, grow to success and FREELY help others along the way; what we are really all about! It is your choice. What kind of person are you?

:?: -Tah
V1KT0RY

WGT and EMA periods

Post by V1KT0RY »

Dear Tah,

Do you recommend to change the default 25/50/200 periods for wgt/ema/ema Trends, in order to have a proper "equivalence" within other time-frames (particularly M1 in my case)?... Yes? No?... And most importantly, why? :idea:

Your knowledge on this subject is very important to me, thanks!

Regards,
- V1KT0RY

Look, we have set forth the method. Traders can use whatever moving average period and style they like. - Tah
V1KT0RY

Re: WGT and EMA periods

Post by V1KT0RY »

Traderathome wrote:Look, we have set forth the method. Traders can use whatever moving average period and style they like. - Tah
Well, thank you. However, it's not about what "we like", but what "works best", and you know it much better than me, that's why I ask you. Sorry if I'm bothering you. I just want to properly learn and adapt :geek:

So, if I correctly understood, are you telling me that the default 25/50/200 periods for wgt/ema/ema Trends you have set forth in the method, are really the best *YOU* find/use for any time-frame, including M1 and D1, for example?

- V1KT0RY

Yes, I am saying what we have set forth here seems the best overall. We are using the M15 TF and thereabouts. Thinking that using "tighter" periods helps define a good entry sooner is not necessarily the case. They might help you get into a trade sooner, but only to find out the MMs are really not yet ready to make the move anticipated. Every trader can do what they want. We have set forth a solid system. Precursor to this used 34 ema and some traders still use that. I have used that but find myself coming back to 50 ema every time. Traders can deviate however they wish, especially if they opt to trade Day chart or M1 chart. Those are not the central trading TF for this system, so folks that want to do that will just have to find out for themselves what works best for them. That is their right. No more of this, now. Experiment yourself. I can recommend (with due caution) the 17wgt/34ema/89ema as a "tighter" alternative to the 25wgt/50ema/200ema. You might try it. If you find something quite different, and of lasting merit, enlighten us! -Tah
pipsqueak

Post by pipsqueak »

Hi

I'm having issues with MT4 freezing when using PVSRA template on M1. It often freezes for about a minute when clicking to M1 from any time frame. This happens to Pepperstone & IC Markets with only 1 chart open.

I am using windows 10 on i7-8600/16gb RAM/NVME ssd. Processes show Power usage Very High but CPU only goes to about 15% max, 1.2 MB memory.

Have tried reducing bars in history, rebooting, thread affinity, increasing priority, etc but nothing works. Is it only me or does it happen to everyone else too? Any possible suggested solutions? Am at wits end..

Thanks
chagu

Post by chagu »

hey Everybody did anybody get email regarding IC market Account Changing Email ? Please Tell .

"Dear Client,

In light of recent regulatory developments within Australia, International Capital Markets Pty Ltd (IC Markets AU), AFSL 335692, cannot guarantee that it will be able to provide its services to clients residing outside of Australia (“Overseas Clients”) and therefore, has decided that it will cease providing services to its Overseas Clients on 30 June 2019 (Effective Date).

To minimise the impact on you as a client of our ASIC regulated company, IC Markets AU, we have arranged for IC Markets (SC) to provide financial services to you pursuant to clause 29.6 of the IC Markets AU Account Terms. IC Markets (SC) is the registered business name of True ECN Trading Ltd (regulated under Financial Services Authority of Seychelles, Securities Dealer Licence number: SD018). IC Markets (SC) is a related entity of IC Markets AU.

To make the transition smoother we have automated the migration process, it is completely seamless and will not affect your account balance, existing orders, open positions, trading history and client area login. Post-migration you will be able to continue trading as usual."
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

chagu wrote:hey Everybody did anybody get email regarding IC market Account Changing Email ? Please Tell .

"Dear Client,

In light of recent regulatory developments within Australia, International Capital Markets Pty Ltd (IC Markets AU), AFSL 335692, cannot guarantee that it will be able to provide its services to clients residing outside of Australia (“Overseas Clients”) and therefore, has decided that it will cease providing services to its Overseas Clients on 30 June 2019 (Effective Date).

To minimise the impact on you as a client of our ASIC regulated company, IC Markets AU, we have arranged for IC Markets (SC) to provide financial services to you pursuant to clause 29.6 of the IC Markets AU Account Terms. IC Markets (SC) is the registered business name of True ECN Trading Ltd (regulated under Financial Services Authority of Seychelles, Securities Dealer Licence number: SD018). IC Markets (SC) is a related entity of IC Markets AU.

To make the transition smoother we have automated the migration process, it is completely seamless and will not affect your account balance, existing orders, open positions, trading history and client area login. Post-migration you will be able to continue trading as usual."
I think all non AU clients will receive it unfortunately
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

pipsqueak wrote:Hi

I'm having issues with MT4 freezing when using PVSRA template on M1. It often freezes for about a minute when clicking to M1 from any time frame. This happens to Pepperstone & IC Markets with only 1 chart open.

I am using windows 10 on i7-8600/16gb RAM/NVME ssd. Processes show Power usage Very High but CPU only goes to about 15% max, 1.2 MB memory.

Have tried reducing bars in history, rebooting, thread affinity, increasing priority, etc but nothing works. Is it only me or does it happen to everyone else too? Any possible suggested solutions? Am at wits end..

Thanks
well, mt4 with pvsra templates are cpu consuming tools, but not to such extent. Last time I had these kind of problems I had a hyper-v VM running which I was sure I switched off ;)

M
pipsqueak

Post by pipsqueak »

mja wrote:
pipsqueak wrote:Hi

well, mt4 with pvsra templates are cpu consuming tools, but not to such extent. Last time I had these kind of problems I had a hyper-v VM running which I was sure I switched off ;)

M
Finally figured it out.. there weren't enough candles in the history.. after downloading candle history (scroll off, press'home' until history finished loading) everything works fine.
Mnevis

Post by Mnevis »

Hi Tah,

I need your help. I have been following you for many years now (I have attached my first post in 2014) and I still lose money. What do you think I should do?

Thanks for helping us.

Mnevis
Attachments
2019-06-29 sam. 0000.png
2019-06-29 sam. 0000.png (354.43 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
Traderathome

Re: Do's & Don'ts...Responding to the Market

Post by Traderathome »

Mnevis wrote:Hi Tah,

I need your help. I have been following you for many years now (I have attached my first post in 2014) and I still lose money. What do you think I should do?

Thanks for helping us.

Mnevis
Dear Mnevis….and ALL PVSRA Musketeers,

The MMs move price to cause market participants to lose money! They need folks to come in on the wrong side so the MMs have liquidity to fill SM orders on the right side. They also need folks on the right side to become scared of loss and give up and get out! So, always keep in mind....#1, we DO NOT KNOW how the MMs will move price next, no matter what we think, no matter what we believe.....NEVER! And, always keep in mind....#2, trade very, very light relative to account size.....ALWAYS!!!!!!!

Okay, then we might ask ourselves "If we don't know how the MMs will move price next, then what good is charting?" In my opinion, charting is good for two things: (1) to see historical S&R where price will probably eventually land if it is moving in that direction after a send-off of very high activity, and (2) to show a "setup" we can eventually embed into our brain and trade, instead of just taking wild "shots" at a moving target! So,....#3, restrict trading to valid setups.

And, we might ask ourselves "What is the best way to respond when a valid setup is entered and then the MMs turn PA around and start taking it in the wrong direction?" In my opinion, the best way to respond is: (1) EXPECT IT! That way you won't be surprised, shocked and worried when it happens, (2) and since you are trading very light relative to account size, you have plenty of liquidity to keep your account from ever approaching getting blown....and (3) to even add to trade if MMs eventually reverse PA back to your trade direction....or (4) close trade with the increased loss and go back to monitoring for valid setups. Of course, you can take another approach....and (5) just always close trade if MMs take PA to wrong side of Solid trend and look closely to see if a setup in this "wrong" direction is formed, or is being formed, and consider making a new trade in this opposite direction.

Obviously, risk tolerance is a background issue in all of this. How far in the "wrong" direction are you willing to let the MMs run the price while hoping for them to stop it and start it moving back in the direction of your trade? Trading very light relative to account size removes a lot of that pressure while you are trying to decide. If you are indeed trading very light relative to account size, but still against allowing a 50-100 pips move against you while waiting for price to turn back, and so you can add again to your trade, then take the "scalper" viewpoint by closing trades when PA begins closing on wrong side of trend and look for new trade in this opposite direction. Only YOU can decide what YOUR risk tolerance is!

If you are having difficulty, try applying all of this (in the manner of what your risk tolerance is) with more frequent practice. Try trading the M5 chart time frame using 34/89 ema instead of 50/200. Start anytime after the "FO" for your first of the day trade. Trade duration will be shorter and for lower pips, TVT 20 (MOL) FIFO...but in this case, more often less than more and definitely fast in, fast out! The M5 TF/34-89 ema is appropriate for this. An example pic. is attached.

The only thing FOR CERTAIN in trading is that by trading very, very light relative to account size, no matter what the MMs do, you will be more relaxed as you choose how to respond to the market.

:) Tah
Attachments
jun 049.png
jun 049.png (95 KiB) Viewed 10782 times
opg

Re: .opg Display Problems

Post by opg »

opg wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:09 pm
mja wrote:
Hi,
I totally agree with Tah. MT4 was meant to be played on Windows so even if you figure out something to make it work now it can stop work with some other indicator or function you will wish to install or use in the future. VBox with Windows will not get much RAM consumed (and MT4 is more cpu intensive than ram intensive app).

Having that said, if you want to pursue the Wine compatibility thread I have one other idea. The Access Panel indicator which obviously have some issues on your linux installation make use of kernel32.dll library. Check if you have it within your wine installation and if so, if its available to the mt4. It's a long shot but maybe this is a problem ?

M
Hello again mja,

I found kernel32.dll inside the /system32 folder, but the panel is still not working as intended. I think it's better if we leave the Wine compatibility alone...
Well, I reduced how much RAM my VBox has, so it's not an issue for me anymore.

Thanks again,
opg.
Hello tah and mja,

After a few months using VBox I suddenly had an idea: “What if I installed MS fonts on Ubuntu?”
I did it, and BINGO! The problem was gone!
For those who use MT4/wine in Linux, the solution is in the 1st answer in this link:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/463754/ ... -says-it-i

Regards,
opg
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Re: .opg Display Problems

Post by mja »

opg wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 pm
opg wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:09 pm
mja wrote:
Hi,
I totally agree with Tah. MT4 was meant to be played on Windows so even if you figure out something to make it work now it can stop work with some other indicator or function you will wish to install or use in the future. VBox with Windows will not get much RAM consumed (and MT4 is more cpu intensive than ram intensive app).

Having that said, if you want to pursue the Wine compatibility thread I have one other idea. The Access Panel indicator which obviously have some issues on your linux installation make use of kernel32.dll library. Check if you have it within your wine installation and if so, if its available to the mt4. It's a long shot but maybe this is a problem ?

M
Hello again mja,

I found kernel32.dll inside the /system32 folder, but the panel is still not working as intended. I think it's better if we leave the Wine compatibility alone...
Well, I reduced how much RAM my VBox has, so it's not an issue for me anymore.

Thanks again,
opg.
Hello tah and mja,

After a few months using VBox I suddenly had an idea: “What if I installed MS fonts on Ubuntu?”
I did it, and BINGO! The problem was gone!
For those who use MT4/wine in Linux, the solution is in the 1st answer in this link:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/463754/ ... -says-it-i

Regards,
opg
Great observation .opg! Yes, this solves the issue. New PVSRA indicators will be ready for different fonts so this will not be an issue anymore.
If someone still want mt4 to look exactly the same as on Windows, will need to install fonts.

Cheers,M
Traderathome

Re: Site Upgrade to Wide Screen by "mja"

Post by Traderathome »

Dear PVSRA Musketeers.....One and all,

Our member, mja, has been selflessly hard at work for this PVSRA Project. Not only has he been upgrading all our indicators for a new release to come, but he has upgraded and improved our site. It is now wider screen....full screen wide. So, those of you with curved monitors.....guess what?

You have us in Wide Screen CinamaScope!

:text-thankyouyellow: Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Traderathome wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:24 pm Dear PVSRA Musketeers.....One and all,

Our member, mja, has been selflessly hard at work for this PVSRA Project. Not only has he been upgrading all our indicators for a new release to come, but he has upgraded and improved our site. It is now wider screen....full screen wide. So, those of you with curved monitors.....guess what?

No problem ;)

BTW if someone with smaller screens experiences any problems with forum, pls let me know.
M
Skyllo

Post by Skyllo »

mja wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:17 pm
Traderathome wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:24 pm Dear PVSRA Musketeers.....One and all,

No problem ;)

BTW if someone with smaller screens experiences any problems with forum, pls let me know.
M
Hi mja,

There is some trouble about logging in the site via mobile. I tried to log in but failed, at first I thought my account was deleted, but when I opened it via PC, it was still active. And also I tried to ask for the password again, but the results were invalid even though it was the email I used

thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-07-02-10-11-31-284_com.android.chrome.png
Screenshot_2019-07-02-10-11-31-284_com.android.chrome.png (134.31 KiB) Viewed 10900 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Skyllo wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:37 am
Hi mja,

There is some trouble about logging in the site via mobile. I tried to log in but failed, at first I thought my account was deleted, but when I opened it via PC, it was still active. And also I tried to ask for the password again, but the results were invalid even though it was the email I used

thanks
Hi, well... nothing has changed in that matter, for example my access via mobile works. Are you sure you input proper password when on mobile?

M
Skyllo

Post by Skyllo »

mja wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:06 am
Hi, well... nothing has changed in that matter, for example my access via mobile works. Are you sure you input proper password when on mobile?

M
let's say I entered the wrong password because forgot, so I request new password. But when i input my email, the result is same, invalid. I haven't tried it via PC, because I'm afraid I can't log in after logging out.

Update: i try it again and get recovery email. I use the new password and success log in via PC but still cant log in via mobile. even though I immediately copied the password from the email.
Attachments
pvsra x.jpg
pvsra x.jpg (159.45 KiB) Viewed 11137 times