Re: Questions & Answers

Post by mja »

Kleber Barroso wrote:Hello,
I use Windows 10 pro.
See the configuration of the machine.
The monitor is 4k.
Thank you
Dear Kleber Barroso,

yes, this is common problem with MT4 indicators being not compliant with non standard DPI of the screen. We are currently wrestling to have V3 PVSRA indicators compliant with every screen type. It should be released soon.

Since we do not have 4k screen available to test things I would like to ask you to do following procedure:
1. maximize your mt4 with one chart on it (maximum size) and send a screenshot
2. Right click on the desktop, then click 'desktop settings' and send us screenshot of the settings. It should look similar to this:
Display setting.PNG
Display setting.PNG (453.62 KiB) Viewed 44787 times
3. Apply attached indicator to the chart. It should pop up a window with some information. Pls write what DPI size did it said you have

Thanks in advace !

M
Attachments
DPICHECK.ex4
(6.18 KiB) Downloaded 2171 times
SMF

Post by SMF »

mja wrote:
I use Windows 10 pro.
The monitor is 4k.
Thank you
Dear Kleber Barroso,

yes, this is common problem with MT4 indicators being not compliant with non standard DPI of the screen. We are currently wrestling to have V3 PVSRA indicators compliant with every screen type. It should be released soon.

Since we do not have 4k screen available to test things I would like to ask you to do following procedure:
2. Right click on the desktop, then click 'desktop settings' and send us screenshot of the settings. It should look similar to this:
Display setting.PNG

3. Apply attached indicator to the chart. It should pop up a window with some information. Pls write what DPI size did it said you have

Thanks in advace !

M
Dear All,

Those fonts/layout distortions in all my cases only appeared when "Scaling" option set to more than 100% in Windows display properties - reproduced in WIn7 and Win10 (up-to 1803 build) with FHD (1092x1080) and 4K resolution on different hardware - laptops Lenovo, Asus and HP, HP desktop - with built-in Intel graphics and dedicated GPU - no difference.

Regards,
SMF
SMF

Post by SMF »

SMF wrote:
mja wrote:
I use Windows 10 pro.
The monitor is 4k.
Thank you
Dear Kleber Barroso,

Display setting.PNG

Thanks in advace !

M
Dear All,

Those fonts/layout distortions in all my cases only appeared when "Scaling" option set to more than 100% in Windows display properties - reproduced in WIn7 and Win10 (up-to 1803 build) with FHD (1092x1080) and 4K resolution on different hardware - laptops Lenovo, Asus and HP, HP desktop - with built-in Intel graphics and dedicated GPU - no difference.

Regards,
SMF
Dear All,

Just did some testing - it appears to be happening when you turn on option "Allow Windows to fix blurry applications" when you choose different scaling
see attached

Regards,
SMF
Attachments
SMF.PNG
SMF.PNG (19.53 KiB) Viewed 44779 times
SMF2.PNG
SMF2.PNG (32.71 KiB) Viewed 44779 times
SMF3.PNG
SMF3.PNG (26.83 KiB) Viewed 44779 times
SMF4.PNG
SMF4.PNG (36.98 KiB) Viewed 44779 times
SMF

Post by SMF »

SMF wrote:
SMF wrote:
mja wrote:
Dear Kleber Barroso,

Display setting.PNG

Thanks in advace !

M
Dear All,

Regards,
SMF
Dear All,

Just did some testing - it appears to be happening when you turn on option "Allow Windows to fix blurry applications" when you choose different scaling
see attached

Regards,
SMF

Dear All,

last one from me for today - see attached. This time 150% with "Blurring fixing" off - can some one with current 4K set-up confirm, please? Will save sometime for coding

Regards,
SMF
Attachments
SMF5.PNG
SMF5.PNG (48.42 KiB) Viewed 44778 times
SMF6.PNG
SMF6.PNG (43.91 KiB) Viewed 44778 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

SMF wrote:
Dear All,

see attached

Regards,
SMF
Hi SMF,
Yeah, I suspect both 'fixing blurry fonts' and changing scaling alters DPI of the screen.
As I understood you did tests on various settings (scaling increased, blurry on/off) on FHD and 4K monitor?
If so, can you repeat the test with DPICHECK indicator applied and write us the values? Also please describe current setting for various outcomes. (what screen, whats dpicheck value, how mt4 looked like etc)
Remember that after changing any screen setting mt4 must be restarted

M
SMF

Post by SMF »

mja wrote:
SMF wrote:
Dear All,

see attached

Regards,
SMF
Hi SMF,
Yeah, I suspect both 'fixing blurry fonts' and changing scaling alters DPI of the screen.
As I understood you did tests on various settings (scaling increased, blurry on/off) on FHD and 4K monitor?
If so, can you repeat the test with DPICHECK indicator applied and write us the values? Also please describe current setting for various outcomes. (what screen, whats dpicheck value, how mt4 looked like etc)

M
Hi Mja,

I do not have 4K set-up available to me anymore - but I did testing see attached on FHD ASUS Intel UHD graphic 620 - last one with 144 dpi when "Blurring fixing" was on. With this option off dpi stays 96 - no issues on my system

Regards,
SMF
Attachments
SMF7.PNG
SMF7.PNG (22.31 KiB) Viewed 44773 times
SMF8.PNG
SMF8.PNG (80.27 KiB) Viewed 44773 times
SMF9.PNG
SMF9.PNG (51.66 KiB) Viewed 44773 times
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

SMF wrote:
mja wrote:
SMF wrote:
Dear All,

see attached

Regards,
SMF
Hi SMF,

M
Hi Mja,

I do not have 4K set-up available to me anymore - but I did testing see attached on FHD ASUS Intel UHD graphic 620 - last one with 144 dpi when "Blurring fixing" was on. With this option off dpi stays 96 - no issues on my system

Regards,
SMF
Thanks! So, one of fixes is to turn off 'blurring fixing'. It keeps standard DPI (96) no matter the scaling. That's great. We still want to have PVSRA indicators to run of higher DPIs though so the code for that will be applied. It will bring more flexibility to available screen sizes.
M
SMF

Post by SMF »

mja wrote:
SMF wrote:
mja wrote:
Hi SMF,

M
Hi Mja,

Regards,
SMF
Thanks! So, one of fixes is to turn off 'blurring fixing'. It keeps standard DPI (96) no matter the scaling. That's great. We still want to have PVSRA indicators to run of higher DPIs though so the code for that will be applied. It will bring more flexibility to available screen sizes.
M
Hi Mja,

That's 144 dpi does not make sense to me - monitor and its native resolution (dpi) remains the same - it may be Windows way of looking good via faking numbers - similar to digital "zoom" in cameras. Looks like your panel thinks that there are more space (via higher dpi numbers) to display data than it is really available and as result text is wrapped/distorted.

Regards,
SMF
Kleber Barroso

Post by Kleber Barroso »

Hello,
really, lowering the display percentage to 100% solves the problem! But create another: I can not see the menu options !!
Thank you.
Attachments
3.png
3.png (723.02 KiB) Viewed 44757 times
4.png
4.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 44757 times
Kleber Barroso

Post by Kleber Barroso »

Hello,
see how it gets with 100%
thank you
Attachments
5.png
5.png (435.29 KiB) Viewed 44757 times
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: v2 Issues vs Pending v3 Release

Post by Traderathome »

see how it gets with 100%
thank you
Dear Kleber Barroso,

As we have said before, we are aware of problems users of 4k monitors have. PVSRA v2 was never intended to address them. In fact, display problems users have with v2 are due either to not using Windows 10 or to using a monitor not in compliance with the "standard" dpi of 96. It is not our obligation to build bridges across every nick, crook, cranny, and gorge that some users create for themselves. CERTAINLY NOT WITH FREE STUFF!!!!!!!!!

Now, having established that, we are working various "fixes" into the next free PVSRA release. How well will they work in every possible situation? We will just have to see. But however they work will have to be sufficient. Stick to standard display devices and all will be fine. Deviate a bit and maybe all will still be fine. But realize that we are traders here, not "for free coders" obligated to do "everything for everybody".

We are greatly blessed to have mja in this PVSRA Musketeer Family. He has labored long, labored hard, labored selflessly with his skill.....so that this family can continue to have the best trading template there is, bar NONE! AND FREE, TOO!

We all need to be patient for the v3 release.....and appreciative of mja!

:) Tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

really, lowering the display percentage to 100% solves the problem! But create another: I can not see the menu options !!
Thank you.
Hi,
well, you can try to set desired scaling (150%?175%?) ant turn off "let windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" in the advanced scaling options.
It may work, but also it may not ;)

M
Kleber Barroso

Post by Kleber Barroso »

Hello,
my intention is to collaborate with the PVSRA developers.
If another intention was detected, I'm sorry.
But I use Windows 10.
And also, if I had access to the source program, I would do the correction myself, as I did for the 2015 version. I know it's not possible.
I would like to thank and congratulate PVRSA for being excellent and free.
Thank you.
Traderathome

Re: Collaboration on PVSRA v3

Post by Traderathome »

my intention is to collaborate with the PVSRA developers.
If another intention was detected, I'm sorry.
But I use Windows 10.
And also, if I had access to the source program, I would do the correction myself, as I did for the 2015 version. I know it's not possible.
Thank you.
Dear Kleber Barroso,

I apologize to you for sounding harsh. Your collaboration of pointing out situations where difficulties occur I am sure has been a help to mja. If in the past you have coded fixes for certain problems you encountered you are welcome to post right here those sections of your coding directly relating to your fixes. I am sure that mja would not mind taking a look at that, and it might further clarify some situations needing resolution.

-tah
mja
Almost human
Almost human

Post by mja »

Kleber Barroso wrote: ...And also, if I had access to the source program, I would do the correction myself, as I did for the 2015 version. I know it's not possible.
Thank you.

Hi,
PVSRA Indicators are not open source software, but if you have some ideas from the 2015 version you are welcommed to sent them over via PM to Tah and me. All help is appreciated.

M
Traderathome

Re: Fibonacci Pivots

Post by Traderathome »

V1KT0RY wrote:Dear Tah,

What do you think about Fibonacci Pivots, and the possibility of including them with the upcoming PVSRA_V3 release, as another option for dynamic S/R levels?

Pivot Point (P) = (High + Low + Close)/3
Support 1 (S1) = P - {.382 * (High - Low)}
Support 2 (S2) = P - {.618 * (High - Low)}
Support 3 (S3) = P - {1 * (High - Low)}
Resistance 1 (R1) = P + {.382 * (High - Low)}
Resistance 2 (R2) = P + {.618 * (High - Low)}
Resistance 3 (R3) = P + {1 * (High - Low)}

Aside from static levels like whole, half and quarter numbers, since long time ago I've normally seen price strongly reacting to Weekly and Monthly FP more often than not... I attached the template and indicators that I use, so you can properly watch them within charts.

Cheers!
Víctor
We already have Daily pivots, using either the Day or Fibonacci formula. PVSRA v3 does include Weekly pivots.

-Tah
V1KT0RY

Post by V1KT0RY »

Traderathome wrote:We already have Daily pivots, using either the Day or Fibonacci formula. PVSRA v3 does include Weekly pivots.

-Tah
Thanks! And what do you think about them as an experienced trader, in comparison to whole-half-quarter levels?
* I believe along Weekly, Monthly are also useful...

- Víctor
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

V1KT0RY wrote:
Traderathome wrote:We already have Daily pivots, using either the Day or Fibonacci formula. PVSRA v3 does include Weekly pivots.

-Tah
Thanks! And what do you think about them as an experienced trader, in comparison to whole-half-quarter levels?
* I believe along Weekly, Monthly are also useful...

- Víctor
Dear V1KT0RY,

It doesn't matter what I think. Everyone has their own thoughts. Might depend on eyesight. If farsighted, Week and Month pivots have value. If nearsighted, Day pivots probably of more value. Except when Day pivots encroach on Week and/or Month pivots. Then maybe price is approaching an important price area....a Black Hole.... sucking price to it. ;)

But, if we are trading intra-day...holding over to next day as seldom as possible...we are looking at trades of -10 to 50+. That is PA easily encompassed by Day pivots. It might help sometimes if the M15 chart of those using pivots could display not only the set of Day pivots, but also the main Week pivot and main Month pivots. This is being worked on. In fact, as things are moving along here, might have complete set of Day, Week and Month pivots (standard & Fibonacci formulas) that can be displayed....all three at same time, or any combination thereof.

-Tah
Attachments
jun 001.png
jun 001.png (98.96 KiB) Viewed 45252 times
jun 002.png
jun 002.png (99.09 KiB) Viewed 45252 times
V1KT0RY

TVT20 (MOL) FIFO

Post by V1KT0RY »

Dear Tah,

First of all, thanks for your detailed replies :D

I have another question, now related to your PVSRA trading strategy:

Considering the relatively lower volatilities of nowadays (at least among major/low-spread pairs) and hence their narrow ATR/ADR, is aiming for ≈20 pips TP still recommended? What do you think about scalping from M1 charts, looking for smaller 5-10 pips TP (maybe with different settings for the utilized moving averages)?

* By the way, was my first post about Fibonacci Pivots deleted because of the attached files?

Regards,
Víctor

To your last question, "Yes." As for the rest...again, what does it matter what I think? Everyone can trade however they like. We have our strategy here, but that does not mean it is the only way to trade. I am sure many of us here do drop to lower TF M5, and even M1 sometimes, seeking early confirmation for anticipated EP. - Tah