Re: Questions & Answers

Sinth

Post by Sinth »

Hey everyone, I have a question. Do you always close your trades before weekend? Are there any exceptions?
pavloff

Post by pavloff »

Dears
what is your opinion about this article? Sounds logical and somehow "workable".

Thanks
pavloff

Post by pavloff »

Sinth wrote:Hey everyone, I have a question. Do you always close your trades before weekend? Are there any exceptions?
I try to do so! Last week didn't happen, 'm still waiting :-(
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Re: Look Around, or Stand and Grow!

Post by Traderathome »

pavloff wrote:Dears
what is your opinion about this article? Sounds logical and somehow "workable".

Thanks
Don't have an opinion on it. But I do have a question. You seem to always be looking over the fence into other folks business. Why? What we have here works. Why would you ask me, or any other PVSRA Musketeer, what we think of other "stuff" out there. Would you be more satisfied here if we charged for something?

Look, some come here and expect things to be mathematically precise, everything free, and no problems. Yes, so far everything is free. They like that. Some take it and disappear (even try to sell it elsewhere). Some stay, for a while, becoming disillusioned that things are not precise, disappointed that they might have to agree the market is vague and we have to develop a skill to deal with it (they hoped a good method means they don't have to do any work). Some keep looking else where for a "better method"........good luck with THAT one! :snooty:

- Tah
Sinth

Post by Sinth »

Hey guys, I hope you'll know the answer. I opened an account with Tradersway and I'm getting a lot of slippage. These examples may look innocent but I've even encountered slippage of 20 pips which is simply way too much. When I compare my charts to charts of other clients of TW they do not have any or just a little (which is ok). What do you think could be the cause of this? What should I do?
Attachments
Slippage.png
Slippage.png (94.47 KiB) Viewed 8570 times
Slippage 2.png
Slippage 2.png (78.16 KiB) Viewed 8570 times
Traderathome

Re: M1 Chart Price Gaps

Post by Traderathome »

Sinth wrote:Hey guys, I hope you'll know the answer. I opened an account with Tradersway and I'm getting a lot of slippage. These examples may look innocent but I've even encountered slippage of 20 pips which is simply way too much. When I compare my charts to charts of other clients of TW they do not have any or just a little (which is ok). What do you think could be the cause of this? What should I do?
These events visible on the M1 chart might or might not be caused by Tradersway. Slippage is when you enter a price and click to order and the subsequent execution of your order is a disturbing number of pips from your order in the direction disadvantageous to you. What your chart shows is gaps in the price action. It would only be slippage if someone ordered on one side of the gap and ended up having the order executed on the other side...which could be advantageous, too!

I suggest you call Tradersway and have a talk about the price gaps you are experiencing. Hear what they have to say about it, and report back to us what you learn.

It is possible the liquidity providing banks are the ones that cause these sort of gaps that are visible on the M1 chart when they happen. It could be these banks take those brief intervals to service big customers (hedge funds, etc.) with what liquidity they have and come back to the retail brokers when finished doing that. It would be best for us to all know what Tradersway says to you about this.

- Tah :?:
Fisher755

Re: M1 gaps

Post by Fisher755 »

Sinth wrote:Hey guys, I hope you'll know the answer. I opened an account with Tradersway and I'm getting a lot of slippage. These examples may look innocent but I've even encountered slippage of 20 pips which is simply way too much. When I compare my charts to charts of other clients of TW they do not have any or just a little (which is ok). What do you think could be the cause of this? What should I do?
I don't know when exactly your gap showing because we might live in totally different time zone so I zoomed out my EU chart that you can see pretty much most of the day- but IMO you are using demo because on Live account there are no significant gaps neither on 10th or 13th of March. Please confirm if this was demo you posted.

EDIT- okay, you do not have to confirm. I see you used demo because swaps are different- on Live account swaps are positive for shorts and your chart shows negative swaps for shorts. Mistery solved. :mrgreen:
Attachments
ScreenHunter_832 Mar. 14 06.44.jpg
ScreenHunter_832 Mar. 14 06.44.jpg (298.16 KiB) Viewed 8555 times
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Sinth

Post by Sinth »

Yeah Fisher, you were right :lol: .

Here is the response from TW: Indeed, we had some issues with demo price feed in the past couple of days and that is the reason for such gaps. Sorry for inconvenience, we already informed our IT department to investigate.

However, we assure you that there are no such issues on our live accounts. You can easily open live account from your private office , login to it in MT4 and charts will be normal.

Now I at least know that this stuff happens on demos. Sadly I can't open a live account since I'm not 18 yet. SORRY FOR FALSE ALERT! :doh:
Traderathome

Re: What is This All About.......?

Post by Traderathome »

What is This All About?

Dear PVSRA Musketeers,

I received a PM asking......

I think TVT20 is about price break up pattern to, is it?
Do you have any suggestion and advice?

My reply was......

Yes, this is all about a setup pattern that involves an angled Solid Trend with PA (Price Action) waves that cross the Solid Trend in the direction of the presumed future move, and of course with PVSRA support for such a presumption due to recent PA and volume at key levels.

And, it is all about not getting married to the presumption of the setup, because even though all the ducks might be nicely lined up for the killing, the corrupt Robber Bank MMs can (and often will) at any time decide to make what looks good......turn out horribly wrong! Meaning, this is also about keeping a neutral attitude even though you have thrown the dice, so you can grab your bet and run before you lose too much!

And so the idea came to me that I should reinforce this with a statement that everyone should be well acquainted with by now......

We cannot know how the MMs will manipulate price next! It doesn't matter what the charts "said" to you! Nor does it matter what anyone else said to you, or what they would have you believe. At any time.......AT ANY TIME! .......the Robber Bank MMs can manipulate price to DESTROY what you were anticipating! Do not keep adding to a bet because you BELIEVE in an outcome! Your bets should be in the direction of PA. If PA reverses, stop betting against it! Close, or close and reverse.

Also, TVT20 is about not hanging around in a trade for days on end, waiting for some far off TP (Take Profit level) to be reached. It is about getting in and out as fast as possible with decent profit, in order to avoid having money at risk in the market thru day changes and who knows what might suddenly occur at any time. We cannot keep Black Swan events from happening. We cannot keep shakeouts from happening. We cannot keep short squeezes from happening, we cannot keep outrageous swaps from happening. And we cannot keep obscene spreads at day changeovers from happening. What we can do it get in and get out as fast as possible. And if a trade goes stagnant, maybe that is as good sign to get out as would be reaching the TP itself.

- Tah :)
Traderathome

Re: Different Brokers & H4 Candles

Post by Traderathome »

Differently Looking H4 Candles....Different Brokers.....

The question has been asked again....why are not the H4 candles always the same with different brokers? The primary reason is that brokers with servers based on different time zones have their 4 hour periods starting on different hours!

All time frame charts from the hour down are (or should be) essentially showing the same candles, with any variances due only to instant to instant quotes of miniscule difference to brokers by different liquidity providers. All time frame charts from the 4 hour up are going to be different for brokers with servers running on different time zones. Only the H4 chart, however, is likely to show a notable difference. The Day, Week and Month charts will have different open/close prices, but on such large TF charts, the small difference in those prices is essentially meaningless.
PipJedi

Post by PipJedi »

Hello, my dear mentors!

I cannot not express how much I appreciate your efforts to help everyone. The least I can give you in return is gratitude.

I want to go on with a question and with of an observation that might help us.

Question: I sometimes see MM activity both; bullish and baerish and do not know how to interpret it. As I see your trades, going (for example) long on retracements of a bullish M15 trend seems to be more promising than going long on a baerish trend that tends to be a reversal and might end in bullish behavior or even more promising than trading PVSRA signals out of a very volatile sideways market. So, should we prefer a trend following strategy based on PVSRA or is anything worth it? By that, I just mention marginal utility, if that says your something.

Observation: I think different forex markets behave differently. I do not mean that they do not move the same way. I rather want to point out that the candlestick patterns look very differently from one pair to another. If this is true, it will affect our trading, because we cannot trade the same strategy in either pair. We must develop different strategies for each pair. For example, the GBP pairs have a tendency to show cylinders (2D of course) or flags, especially GBPUSD. Yen pairs (especially EURJPY) work really good with wave analysis plus angled trend. Actually a thread in ForexFactory called "Sonic R System" used a strategy that traded wave pattern plus well angled trend plus indicators without PVSRA in the beginnings and developped into our current PVSRA system, as some of you might know. However, this thread started with mainly EURJPY trades based on that strategy. GBP is very difficult to trade with this system because like I said, i makes cylinder patterns. That is, the whole expected movement of your trade will be done within 1 or 2 bars. By then, an entry is too late. Also, it tends to have far more stop hunts than JPY as soon as your analysis gives your green light.
Fisher755

Post by Fisher755 »

PipJedi wrote:Hello, my dear mentors!

I cannot not express how much I appreciate your efforts to help everyone. The least I can give you in return is gratitude.

I want to go on with a question and with of an observation that might help us.

Question: I sometimes see MM activity both; bullish and baerish and do not know how to interpret it. As I see your trades, going (for example) long on retracements of a bullish M15 trend seems to be more promising than going long on a baerish trend that tends to be a reversal and might end in bullish behavior or even more promising than trading PVSRA signals out of a very volatile sideways market. So, should we prefer a trend following strategy based on PVSRA or is anything worth it? By that, I just mention marginal utility, if that says your something.

Observation: I think different forex markets behave differently. I do not mean that they do not move the same way. I rather want to point out that the candlestick patterns look very differently from one pair to another. If this is true, it will affect our trading, because we cannot trade the same strategy in either pair. We must develop different strategies for each pair. For example, the GBP pairs have a tendency to show cylinders (2D of course) or flags, especially GBPUSD. Yen pairs (especially EURJPY) work really good with wave analysis plus angled trend. Actually a thread in ForexFactory called "Sonic R System" used a strategy that traded wave pattern plus well angled trend plus indicators without PVSRA in the beginnings and developped into our current PVSRA system, as some of you might know. However, this thread started with mainly EURJPY trades based on that strategy. GBP is very difficult to trade with this system because like I said, i makes cylinder patterns. That is, the whole expected movement of your trade will be done within 1 or 2 bars. By then, an entry is too late. Also, it tends to have far more stop hunts than JPY as soon as your analysis gives your green light.
I agree and don't agree at the same time. Depends on the TF watched of course. I think there might be something in your observation and obviously you think so too so this is kind of personal and subjective observation. If you think there is something in what you just mentioned, go ahead and test and develope your own rules and startegies.
PVSRA is analyzing method, TVT20 is one of the methods inside PVSRA , but there can be zillion different methods and startegies developed or traded based on PVSRA. Go and find what suits you the most. Everyone should do that, imo. TVT20 was developed for newbies as a simple and straightforward method and so excellent for not so expirienced traders. :mrgreen:
DON'T JUST TRADE- MANAGE YOUR DD, YOUR ACCOUNTS, YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART!
Traderathome

Re: TVT20 is for How Many Pips....?

Post by Traderathome »

TVT20 "TP"......

This question was asked:
ghassem000 wrote:
Traderathome wrote:EURUSD Long Trade

PVSRA: Please see annotated chart.
Dear TAH
On this trade, how you specified the TP?, i mean your tp is more than 20 pips, what are the clues help you to specify the tp better? or is it just depend on your experience?.
This is in the TVT20 document in the Study Hall:
5. TP is 20+ pips.....
The key to this TVT20 method is the "FIFO"....fast in, fast out!.....style of trading,  Yes, there will be times price will run quickly further.  Don't kick a gift horse in the mouth!  Take the profit.  And do not get greedy and wait for the gift horse to kick you, taking it all back, and more!  The Robber Bank MMs whip and whack prices to decapitate traders looking for nice, smooth, forward runs.  Don't believe it!  Take your profit off the table and await a decent retrace before considering another trade.

The idea behind the TVT20 method should be obvious! Get some decent profits and get the hell out! And the reason should be obvious, too! All is stated. Folks, we have to not only "read", but we have to have on our "Thinking Cap" while doing so. Read, think, read again, reflect.

A point about HTMRW is hinted at here. The corrupt Robber Bank MMs whip and whack.....at any time, in either (or both) directions, for any distance.....whenever and how ever they very well damn please! Such is part of HTMRW. Sorry, but it is true. And it is also true that in such an environment no trading method can have at it's core rules having fixed "amounts". This is why trading EAs are, for the most part, nothing but a path to failure, which sellers sell because they make more money taking money from others that way, then they make at trading with them!

In all of trading.....any method you choose.....there has to be flexibility to cope with this reality of the market. We want to ride the coattails of SM. The MMs want to whip and whack us off of those coattails. We need to know when to get on and ride and when to get off of them for a while. And this takes judgement, not specific numbers. If specific numbers worked, all those mathematicians trying to crack the market for the last century would have found the way to do it. They have not. And we know why they never will.

The Robber Bank MMs work from the price queue, not moving averages, Bollinger Bands, stochastics, etc., etc. They know where are the large orders to open longs, to open shorts and to close positions. And, they know where are the stops on massive amounts of money! And they have massive amounts of money to manipulate the prices! Get it? And all these things are constantly (in a time relative sense) changing! So, from time to time not even these corrupt Robber Bank "deceivers and thievers" will make any dramatic decisions. Yes, all these things are constantly changing, except one. The massive amounts of money these Robber Bank MMs have at their disposal to control and manipulate market prices is constantly increasing!

It should be obvious that "specific" numbers/numerical relationships cannot define market performance in a forward going fashion. And while specific numbers regarding "trade light relative to account size" and "close the red small" should be the basis for any trading method, it should also be obvious that we are confronted with a business.....trading the currency market.....that demands we have patience, discipline and that we run our ship as any good captain would, constantly exercising the best judgement we are capable of in all situations. And, as our experience with the market increases, as our knowledge of HTMRW increases and as our PVSRA skill increases, so will our judgement capabilities increase.
ghassem000

Re: TVT20 is for How Many Pips....?

Post by ghassem000 »

Traderathome wrote:TVT20 "TP"......

This question was asked:
ghassem000 wrote:
Traderathome wrote:EURUSD Long Trade

PVSRA: Please see annotated chart.
Dear TAH
On this trade, how you specified the TP?, i mean your tp is more than 20 pips, what are the clues help you to specify the tp better? or is it just depend on your experience?.
This is in the TVT20 document in the Study Hall:
5. TP is 20+ pips.....
The key to this TVT20 method is the "FIFO"....fast in, fast out!.....style of trading,  Yes, there will be times price will run quickly further.  Don't kick a gift horse in the mouth!  Take the profit.  And do not get greedy and wait for the gift horse to kick you, taking it all back, and more!  The Robber Bank MMs whip and whack prices to decapitate traders looking for nice, smooth, forward runs.  Don't believe it!  Take your profit off the table and await a decent retrace before considering another trade.

The idea behind the TVT20 method should be obvious! Get some decent profits and get the hell out! And the reason should be obvious, too! All is stated. Folks, we have to not only "read", but we have to have on our "Thinking Cap" while doing so. Read, think, read again, reflect.

A point about HTMRW is hinted at here. The corrupt Robber Bank MMs whip and whack.....at any time, in either (or both) directions, for any distance.....whenever and how ever they very well damn please! Such is part of HTMRW. Sorry, but it is true. And it is also true that in such an environment no trading method can have at it's core rules having fixed "amounts". This is why trading EAs are, for the most part, nothing but a path to failure, which sellers sell because they make more money taking money from others that way, then they make at trading with them!

In all of trading.....any method you choose.....there has to be flexibility to cope with this reality of the market. We want to ride the coattails of SM. The MMs want to whip and whack us off of those coattails. We need to know when to get on and ride and when to get off of them for a while. And this takes judgement, not specific numbers. If specific numbers worked, all those mathematicians trying to crack the market for the last century would have found the way to do it. They have not. And we know why they never will.

The Robber Bank MMs work from the price queue, not moving averages, Bollinger Bands, stochastics, etc., etc. They know where are the large orders to open longs, to open shorts and to close positions. And, they know where are the stops on massive amounts of money! And they have massive amounts of money to manipulate the prices! Get it? And all these things are constantly (in a time relative sense) changing! So, from time to time not even these corrupt Robber Bank "deceivers and thievers" will make any dramatic decisions. Yes, all these things are constantly changing, except one. The massive amounts of money these Robber Bank MMs have at their disposal to control and manipulate market prices is constantly increasing!

It should be obvious that "specific" numbers/numerical relationships cannot define market performance in a forward going fashion. And while specific numbers regarding "trade light relative to account size" and "close the red small" should be the basis for any trading method, it should also be obvious that we are confronted with a business.....trading the currency market.....that demands we have patience, discipline and that we run our ship as any good captain would, constantly exercising the best judgement we are capable of in all situations. And, as our experience with the market increases, as our knowledge of HTMRW increases and as our PVSRA skill increases, so will our judgement capabilities increase.
Thanks dear TAH
Traderathome

Re: Applying PVSRA to Other Markets......

Post by Traderathome »

Applying PVSRA to Markets (Any)

I received this PM:

Hi TAH,
Good day! I am Indian trader trading in Indian Stock feature and commodities.
I am practising PVSRA about few weeks since your explanation is more logical.
Is there any advice of this PVSRA concept to use in future stock market?
Please thrown some light.
Thanks for your great work and contributions.
Cheers,

PVSRA Musketeers, One and All,

PVSRA is a "technical" analysis of whatever traded instrument you apply it to. The premise is this.....whatever you need to know about what you are trading is embedded somehow in the PA that is evident, and it is up to you to decipher if in reality things are bullish or bearish. The ability to do this improves with your market experience (getting to know HTMRW) and your continued efforts at PVSRA. The premise is simple, either you can or you cannot decide after you have done the best you can with these two assets. If you can, then look for a proper entry supported by your conclusion. If you cannot, then sit on your hands and await more charting information. Otherwise, you will be resorting to trading on either Fundamentals or "instinct", both of which are still subject to the MMs whipping and whacking to "deceive and thieve" and which will leave you confused, concerned and possibly cleaned out!
keiskar1

Post by keiskar1 »

Hi,
Primary entity of our analysis is volume.
We considering vertical volume only..
My doubt is why not horizontal volume, market profile?
Cheers.
Everything is excess unless objective gets done
Traderathome

Re: Volume: Why Vertical is Better Than Horizontal

Post by Traderathome »

keiskar1 wrote:Hi,
Primary entity of our analysis is volume.
We considering vertical volume only..
My doubt is why not horizontal volume, market profile?
Cheers.
The vertical volume histogram allows easy correlation to the candlesticks, which gives the mind's eye more to work with....easily and quickly so as different chart TFs are viewed in the analysis. Horizontal volume does a better job of indicating the price area where most of the activity is being done, but does allow color correlation to the candlesticks. And we can easily get the price area where most of the activity is two other ways: look at a high activity bar on lower TFs to break it down, and also simply look across the chart to see the price levels more occupied with parts of candlesticks.

Frankly, knowing the price level where most of the activity is being done is not the primary purpose of PVSRA. The primary purpose of PVSRA is to determine if in reality the market is bullish or bearish. We might think that knowing where most of the trading is being done is important, but it is not. Is that activity based on MMs filling SM buy or sell orders? Deciphering THAT is the key!

- Tah
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

I received this PM.....

"Hi TAH,
Whenever I visited public forum my moral is down,
But not here, it is very logic approach to market!
please tell what made TAH to be so resourceful,
helpful, mentorship, caring and Modest about trading?

Please ignore if my question is irrelevant!
I am lone trade for long time so it make me to ask this..

Cheers,"

My reply.....

I thank you for such compliments. Resourceful? I have benefitted much from work others started, and along the way some other very nice and talented folks have donated their time and skills to help me. Helpful? Well, while one is trying to help ones self, it is nice if one can also help others. It is a good feeling and life is not so lonely. Mentorship? No, I have never taken a single person "under the wing" for concentrated mentoring. Instead, I have simply shared what I had available to share (and thanks to those who helped me) with any who cared to partake. Caring and modest about trading? Yes, I care that the markets are run by corrupt banks that control and manipulate prices in order to deceive and steal money from market participants. What they do goes beyond the pure function of being market makers. There are no laws that I know of regulating what these market making banks can do. They present themselves as the authority as to what must be done to assure markets that are liquid, and so far as I know there are no laws and there is no oversight. These corrupt Robber Banks with their unregulated market making functions have a license to steal. And they profit yearly in the billions. Modest about trading? I am not sure what you mean, but I have no horn to toot, nor would I if I did. I am just like you, like many others. I am a simple individual that has chosen this path, and I work to be more successful as I walk it.

- Tah :)
ericb1981

Re: ericb1981 Question is Answered

Post by ericb1981 »

Hi All,
I've been having issues with the pvsra templates recently. I've used it for the last year and half without any issues. If anyone knows what i can do or lead me in the direction to read on how to fix it i would really appreciate it. thank you.

Issue: prior to 5/1/2017 release. news was not showing. Updated to new templates today. Everytime i load a pair and chose either black or white template the access panel defaults to AUDJPY at the top left corner. Sometimes candles do no show, sometimes they do when i toggle back and forth to black and white template. I'm using a MacBook pro with wine extension to operate MT4 with build over 600.

Never had a problem since the last week or so.

Answer:
If the Access Panel on the template does not reflect the currency pair selected for the chart, then it is likely due to no data feed or not proper data feed to the indicators. This has happened at rare times in the past for a very few individuals, and it all came back to the software they were using and whether or not it was of the latest version, sometimes due to them trying to run old MT4 software. Since your chart picture (thank you for posting it) shows most of the indicators not even being applied to the chart.....including the Access Panel!.....I can only conclude you did not properly install all the indicators in the proper indicator file. Reread the installation instructions. I am sure once all indicators are installed in the correct MT4 MQL4 indicator file, and that you have then restarted MT4, that all will be fine. When you resolve this, please post the solution for the benefit of others having a similar quandry, now and in the future. Thank you.
- Tah
Attachments
2017-05-01_13-41-17.png
2017-05-01_13-41-17.png (178.71 KiB) Viewed 8765 times
trendsuite

Post by trendsuite »

Good afternoon ericb1981, steyrn and TAH,

I am a new member and last week I down loaded the latest indicator package and hey presto I am having the same issue.

This is seeing the wrong inactive price displayed with a different fx pair.

Out of interest I am using a MacBook Air with "Play on Mac" with wineskin and still have this issue.
So just to try a different approach looking for a resolve I completely removed Pay on Mac package and loaded up a new mt4 terminal and then dropped this version of mt4 in to the applications folder.

Still no joy at all and incorrect price displayed on the associated fx pair.
Also I have noticed a default fx chart still won't load the first 3 indicators on to the chart.

Please could any on help please?

Best regards,

Nigel.