Re: Questions & Answers

coinfliper

Post by coinfliper »

Hello , maybe somebody can help me to fix AP mess?
Attachments
Alpari MT4.png
Alpari MT4.png (177.46 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Untitled11.png
Untitled11.png (439.62 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Traderathome
Site Founder & Administrator

Post by Traderathome »

coinfliper wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:40 am Hello , maybe somebody can help me to fix AP mess?
I believe there are posts on this, to be found in this Topic section.
eduferreyra14

Post by eduferreyra14 »

Trading What You Believe vs Trade Only What You See.

I know, we cannot know how MMs move the next price, but to (trade only what you see) increases our probability of being on the right side in a trade fifo.
Either way, wait for a good angle of trends and dragon... never hurts and with more clues PVSRA better.
Attachments
EURAUDBELIVIE.png
EURAUDBELIVIE.png (56.78 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Euraud-trade-only-what-you-see.png
Euraud-trade-only-what-you-see.png (62.12 KiB) Viewed 482 times
praetorion

Post by praetorion »

After a bit of research, here are the steps taken to resolve the display issue that looks as below
Before Fix.png
Before Fix.png (40.91 KiB) Viewed 162 times
The behaviour is caused mainly due to the screen resolution unable to handle High DPI Settings. so let us try to resolve this step by step.

1. Right Click on the ICON MT4
2. Select Open File Location, you will be taken to the folder with shortcuts. Right Click on your broker MT4 Application and select open file location from properties again OR from Windows explorer select your MT4 Folder location, in my case it was C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 IC Markets (Maybe it is different for your install path)
3. Now Right Click on the "TERMINAL.EXE" and then Select the Compatibility Tab and check "Reduced Color Mode and set it to 65535" colors
Compatibility Tab.png
Compatibility Tab.png (40.15 KiB) Viewed 162 times
4. Select the "Change High DPI Settings" and Select the Option " Use this Setting to Fix Scaling Problems.." Option and then Check the Box "Override High DPI Scaling Behavior Option"
terminalexe.png
terminalexe.png (49.84 KiB) Viewed 162 times
5. Now Right Click your Desktop and select Display Settings, Reduce the Screen Scaling option to 100 as shown below
Scaling Settings.png
Scaling Settings.png (11 KiB) Viewed 162 times
6. Start your Meta Trader and it should now be fine without adjusting the Access Panel Settings.
After Fix.png
After Fix.png (42.96 KiB) Viewed 162 times
LGSO

Questions & Answers

Post by LGSO »

Dear, good afternoon! I'm a novice trader. I would like to know how you operate day trades, to search for 200 pips in a trade? what timeframes do you use? I'm using TF 15, 5 and 1 minute
Thank you!
Traderathome

Post by Traderathome »

LGSO wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 pm Dear, good afternoon! I'm a novice trader. I would like to know how you operate day trades, to search for 200 pips in a trade? what timeframes do you use? I'm using TF 15, 5 and 1 minute
Thank you!
M15 is the usual TF on which we post our trades. However, all chart TFs are there to help during trading! So, frequent use of WK1 -M1 by a trader to get his/her bearings is fine. Just remember, however, while swing trades (inter-day trades) do present themselves, our bread and butter are intra-day trades (TVT20s) and so frequent use of lower TFs is understandable. It is on these lower TFs that additional PVSRA (PVA) clues can present themselves.